?125 Oil Painting

bigis semiauskas

Seen it in clubstore signed by all the goalscorers apart from Rudi :unsure:

al gee it a miss..

He can sign it when he comes back at the end of January. Buy it now and the value will go up when he does. :thumbsup:

broughies tach

The female artist (julie ?) seems to be very good at painting skyline either that or she had a lot of blue paint. I'm no Brian Sewell but it's not for me.

It's shit.

This.

I hate these ensemble pics that rather clumsily gather together lots of images. Give me a good photograph any time.

This.

I hate these ensemble pics that rather clumsily gather together lots of images. Give me a good photograph any time.

If its the print that i think it is - then you are right.

That said - worth looking for a copy of "Victory Parade" by the same artist. It's good. :thumbsup:

I thinks its shit that the guy who scored 2 goals has'nt signed it.

He was only allowed to sign the 5-1 book ... nothing else.

jambotilleyedie

A fantastic piece of football memoribilia but canny believe you dont get the frame with it! Sellick shop are doing similar stuff framed for only ?85. They would have sold out by now if they were framed at that price so false economy.

Example

?125 without a frame

Print trade cost - ?25

Profit per print - ?100

Will sell 40 at most so they turnover ?5000 with a ?4000 profit

?125 with a frame

Print trade costs - ?25

Framed trade cost - ?25

Profit per print - ?75

Framed will sell at least 85 so they turnover ?10,625 with a ?6,375 profit

Simple marketing - better quality= more sales=more profit

Whoever does the pricing at the club needs a rocket (topically) up their arse!

Sergio Garcia

This.

Exactly what I thought when I seen it. It's a no from me

The female artist (julie ?) seems to be very good at painting skyline either that or she had a lot of blue paint. I'm no Brian Sewell but it's not for me.

That is not the print that is onsale in the shop.

Francis Albert

It's by someone called Dod Dow and it's pretty poor in my opinion.

Julie Ramsay painted "Night Game", a print of Tynecastle from opposite the old Gorgie Road entrance in 1978 and "Cup Winners Parade" a limited edition print of 1998. Both are excellent, and may still be available in the shop in Roseburn (Art et Facts) where I bought them about a year ago.

It's by someone called Dod Dow and it's pretty poor in my opinion.

Julie Ramsay painted "Night Game", a print of Tynecastle from opposite the old Gorgie Road entrance in 1978 and "Cup Winners Parade" a limited edition print of 1998. Both are excellent, and may still be available in the shop in Roseburn (Art et Facts) where I bought them about a year ago.

She has done one on this years parade too.

Noted that clown in his kilt and stopped looking at it. Why oh why? Should have painted him half out the frame before the end of the painting.

jambotilleyedie

Various flaws wrong with it, no frame, overpriced, hobo in the picture and no sigs from Skacel or Sergio. But my mate knows a guy who is buying one and laser copying it to sell on eBay for ?25 with a frame. Quality will be exactly the same but a fraction of the cost. I'm not buying one though because I don't condone this type of behavior ;)

Various flaws wrong with it, no frame, overpriced, hobo in the picture and no sigs from Skacel or Sergio. But my mate knows a guy who is buying one and laser copying it to sell on eBay for ?25 with a frame. Quality will be exactly the same but a fraction of the cost. I'm not buying one though because I don't condone this type of behavior ;)

So your "mates" mate is potentially skimming the club in its hour of need?

Classy.

jambotilleyedie

So your "mates" mate is potentially skimming the club in its hour of need?

Classy.

I said my mate knows a guy which is slightly different. We all know a "guy" whether its tobacco, DVDs or fake designer gear. As I said I don't condone it but where someone spots an opportunity to make money legit or not then they will. In the same way you could argue that those who sell unlicensed Hearts t shirts such as the Beatty ones are also skimming the club?

Chaka Demus & pliers

I said my mate knows a guy which is slightly different. We all know a "guy" whether its tobacco, DVDs or fake designer gear. As I said I don't condone it but where someone spots an opportunity to make money legit or not then they will. In the same way you could argue that those who sell unlicensed Hearts t shirts such as the Beatty ones are also skimming the club?

Warren Beatty?

Stealing from the club and the artist, pretty shan behaviour.

Archived