?10 - ?10,000 Challenge

The Rev

Found this online and think I'm gonna give it a go.

It involves picking a bet of 1/10 or better i.e. 1/8 or 1/6 etc and sticking a tenner on.

Tomorrow, assuming a win then the whole amount goes on another 1/10 so ?11.

After 74 bets, assuming you had the balls you'd have ?10,000.

Just a bit of a laugh but could be quite interesting. Anyone fancy it?

My first bet was ?10 on Venus Williams to win this afternoon, so I'm up to ?11 now.

That actually sounds quite a decent idea. I've thought about doing something similar before. Starting with a selected amount and every so often just picking one team at a time and see how far I can get.

Found this online and think I'm gonna give it a go.

It involves picking a bet of 1/10 or better i.e. 1/8 or 1/6 etc and sticking a tenner on.

Tomorrow, assuming a win then the whole amount goes on another 1/10 so ?11.

After 74 bets, assuming you had the balls you'd have ?10,000.

Just a bit of a laugh but could be quite interesting. Anyone fancy it?

My first bet was ?10 on Venus Williams to win this afternoon, so I'm up to ?11 now.

If you done the same with an evens bet or combined evens, say a 1/2 and 1/3 double, the. After 17 bets you would have over a million.

Chaka Demus & pliers

There was a thread before. Steady drip thread.

Folk generally got to about ?100 before losing the lot

I didn't even have the bottle to bet ?50 on 2 bets yesterday that both came in. Lost out on about ?100.

Made a profit of ?50 on the horses with just ?1 EW bets so can't complain too much.

JamboCampbell

the odds of getting 74 in a a row are 9/10 to the power of 74 = 0.0004 (or 1 in 2500) :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling

JamboCampbell

Anyone work out how many bets youd need to do to get a grand, much more achievable and say the odds everytime were 1.10?

You'd only be a tenner doon though

You won't find many folk who would see it like that.

And it would still be a sore one either way.

Caspian Primrose

If you done the same with an evens bet or combined evens, say a 1/2 and 1/3 double, the. After 17 bets you would have over a million.

i prefer the sound of this one. started last night with Atletico Madrid which came in.

Arsenal are evens at home to Schalke for the next one. Schalke seem to be doin well just now so maybe not.

Fell at the 7th Hurdle last night. Had ?17 or so on over 0.5 goals in the Osasuna vs Real Betis game.

Result : 0-0 :sob:

Back to the drawing board today.

Radioactive Mince

I think, if something like this has any real chance, it's probably best to keep away from the goals markets, maybe even keep away from football altogether seeing as it's one of only a few sports where a draw is a very likely outcome.

Might get involved anyway.

Radioactive Mince

Anyone work out how many bets youd need to do to get a grand, much more achievable and say the odds everytime were 1.10?

49 bets for 1067odd. Not much more achievable IMO. Better off starting with a higher amount again IMO.

I started with a tenner on the steady drip thread a few years ago.

Mostly bet on 1 goal or more (or laying 0-0 on betfair, which is essentially the same thing) and got to around ?100.

The temptation at that point is to split the pot into two and bet half your cash every time, that way you have two horses in the race so to speak.

Unfortunately I picked two games in quick succession that both finished 0-0 and lost the lot!

If I'd known my first bet was going to lose I might have split the second ?50 once again into two ?25 bets, but I placed the two bets at the same time so didn't get that chance.

Tennis is definitely a little safer than football in this respect, but you can still get caught out.

I fell at the fourth hurdle last night. Had got up to around ?17 and stuck it on the Tampa Bay Bucs to beat the New Orleans Saints. The Bucs were 21-7 up at the time I placed it so got odds of 1/4. The Saints then proceeded to take a 35-21 lead before the Bucs got it back to 35-28. I thought I was still in with a chance of a Sudden Death win when they seemed to have scored an equalising touchdown in the last second only for it to be disallowed. Gutted.

Will probably give it another bash after pay day next week.

JamboCampbell

Im gonna start it tomorrow, keep you posted on how it goes! Might look at doing doubles rather than singles, if your gonna bet on certain things as singles you may aswell do doubles no?

Tomorrow i will maybe go for man utd 1/3 and tranmere +1 1/5 double 10...returns 16.

I think, if something like this has any real chance, it's probably best to keep away from the goals markets, maybe even keep away from football altogether seeing as it's one of only a few sports where a draw is a very likely outcome.

Might get involved anyway.

Correct. thumbsup.gif

Early round male tennis matches are the way to go, very few major upsets in these games.

Edit: Notice BigC has said the same thing above.

Say What Again

I've gone for a goal in the Galatasary game - so that's that 0-0 :angry:

Actually, I'm going to have ?2 on no goal scorer too :lol:

I've gone for a goal in the Galatasary game - so that's that 0-0 :angry:

Actually, I'm going to have ?2 on no goal scorer too :lol:

So after 1 bet you are already making a loss...

Say What Again

So after 1 bet you are already making a loss...

I'm only covering the first bet - so i don't fall at the first hurdle totally.

I won't do that again until I'm betting ?500 at a time :verysmug:

It was ?20 I started with too.

Started this today. 4 bets in and I'm onto ?17.36. Have a treble on the tennis tomorrow which will, hopefully, see me onto ?21.51.

Started again today.

After 2 bets on today's tennis I'm up to ?16.

Gonna call it a night.

Yaaas, 86th minute equaliser for Atletico Tucuman in the Argentinian Second Division saves me at teh first hurdle.

Gonna stick to something a little more simple than that in future I think!

In play bets are the best thing to do this on but you have to be very patient and wait for the right games

Started a couple of days ago and up to ?25.26 after 4 bets.

Doubt I'll have the balls/luck to go all the way up to ?10k but we'll see.

Just get a loan of 10k from your mother-in-law along with your savings for university and lump it on celtic to win :whistling:

hope it doesnt 'ruin your life' too :laugh:

Say What Again

Just made an arse of a tennis bet and clicked 'lay' in tie break, instead of 'back' :verymad:

Only lost ?1.18, but it would have been my 3rd small win of the day.

JamboCampbell

Plan for the week, slightly off the topic in a way as I am starting with only ?3 quid (dont get paid untill Friday so will start it properly then) but wanted to get going. So:

?3 Tonight On;

Barcelona

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Brentford

Tranmere

Returns ?44.21! Now I will use the system to an extent;

Wednesday

?44.21 On;

Arsenal

St Petersburg

Returns ?132!

Thursday

?132 On;

PSV

Athletico Madrid

Returns ?193!

Saturday

?193 On;

Arsenal

Man City

Returns ?314!

IF :whistling: this comes in I would then have to very much consider my options.

I suppose because I need a 5 team Accumulator to come in its not really the system, BUT it would get me off to a great start.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

JamboCampbell II

On board with jambo campbell, great idea, and if it comes in we'll be laughing! facny man utd to let us down though.

Plan for the week, slightly off the topic in a way as I am starting with only ?3 quid (dont get paid untill Friday so will start it properly then) but wanted to get going. So:

?3 Tonight On;

Barcelona

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Brentford

Tranmere

Wednesday

?44.21 On;

Arsenal

St Petersburg

Returns ?132!

Thursday

?132 On;

PSV

Athletico Madrid

Returns ?193!

Saturday

?193 On;

Arsenal

Man City

Returns ?314!

IF :whistling: this comes in I would then have to very much consider my options.

I suppose because I need a 5 team Accumulator to come in its not really the system, BUT it would get me off to a great start.

Sounds easy but i had a big coupon coming up Saturday but TRANMERE let me down. :whistling: Just saying likes. :ninja:

?3 Tonight On;

Barcelona

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Brentford

Tranmere

Wednesday

?44.21 On;

Arsenal

St Petersburg

Returns ?132!

Thursday

?132 On;

PSV

Athletico Madrid

Returns ?193!

Saturday

?193 On;

Arsenal

Man City

Returns ?314!

That is absolutely nothing like 'the system'. That is just putting football coupons on!

Win.

?20 on Serena Williams @ 1/7.

Waiting on Williams for a ?21.17 return. Think at that point, assuming she wins, I am then going to split pots into two and try to get up to ?80 before splitting into 4.

JamboCampbell II

Sounds easy but i had a big coupon coming up Saturday but TRANMERE let me down. :whistling: Just saying likes. :ninja:

saturday seen alot of bankers fail to win like swindon for example. the chances of that happening again are slim, especially when tranmere are so strong at home! Doncaster are no mugs either!

JamboCampbell II

Guarenteed to be a draw somewhere in there.

Nerver know! Only technically losing out on 3 quid either way, well worth it.

51p in ladbrokes account on man utd to score next

31p in sky account on barca to score next returned me 36p which is now on barca to win

?1.12 in paddypower account on bayern to win

it might take me a while to build it up to a decent amount in each :thumbsup:

now what was that password to that coral account <_<

51p in ladbrokes account on man utd to score next :thumbsup:

31p in sky account on barca to score next returned me 36p which is now on barca to win

?1.12 in paddypower account on bayern to win

71p on man utd to win

Started this earlier with ?1.50. :lol:

Gonna do it with a tenner when I get paid on Friday but I just did it with what I had in my bet365 already.

Up to ?1.69 now. :thumbsup:

Archived