Next 7 games

h-e-a-r-t-s

Are all pretty brutal other than the Gretna game at home. Not usually one to be negative but I can't see us getting a sniff at the top 6 unless a new manager brings in a lot of new players very quickly...thoughts? uber negavtive or?

Aberdeen v Hearts,

Hearts v Gretna,

Celtic v Hearts,

Motherwell v Hearts,

Hearts v Rangers,

Inverness CT v Hearts,

St Mirren v Hearts.

We've had a bit of fight about us in the last 3 games.

Celtic is the only hugely undesirable game there. We should look to take points in all of the rest of them as the teams are no better than us. They certainly don't have better players.

Hopefully we'll get a couple of first team players brought in during this transfer window that will give the club and the fans a boost. God knows we need it.

Drylaw Hearts
Are all pretty brutal other than the Gretna game at home. Not usually one to be negative but I can't see us getting a sniff at the top 6 unless a new manager brings in a lot of new players very quickly...thoughts? uber negavtive or?

Aberdeen v Hearts,

Hearts v Gretna,

Celtic v Hearts,

Motherwell v Hearts,

Hearts v Rangers,

Inverness CT v Hearts,

St Mirren v Hearts.

Take one game at a time. :)

We are capable of winning most of the games.

Unfortunately we are more than capable of getting humped in most of them also.

Aberdeen v Hearts, DRAW

Hearts v Gretna, WIN

Celtic v Hearts, DRAW

Motherwell v Hearts, DRAW

Hearts v Rangers, DRAW

Inverness CT v Hearts, LOSS

St Mirren v Hearts WIN.

10 points.

Hackney Hearts

I think I'll take the results we got the last time we played these teams at these venues:

Aberdeen v Hearts 1-1 D

Hearts v Gretna 1-1 D

Celtic v Hearts 2-0 W

Motherwell v Hearts 2-0 W

Hearts v Rangers 4-2 W

Inverness CT v Hearts 1-2 L

St Mirren v Hearts 3-1 W

14 points

Okay, the Celtic option might be pushing it - but maybe we're finally due a win against Gretna? Or the rub of the green against ICT? I'll say 14 points.

If we can get 6 points from the next 3 matches it may well get the season back on track.

yeh but let's keep it going with a win on Tuesday :)

If we can get a win on Tuesday,that will help toward's the next few game's.

A bit of confidence go's a long way.

The only game that i don't think we will get anything from is the cellic game.

The other's are all winable. :)

Dr Ian Malcolm

Aberdeen are murder just now, no reason we can't take the points there. We're due a win against Gretna at some point and we've taken care of St. Mirren away pretty comfortably already. Inverness probably won#t be much fun as usual and Motherwell are better away from home though capable of beating us.

No chance of finishing 3rd so i don't really care too much about the top 6. Let's win the cup instead :wacko:

If our last 5 games are meaningless games against St Mirren, Killie, Gretna etc it will be easier to try out a couple of youngsters.

And it would be good to be the team that puts Gretna down (or, even better, Killie)

Aberdeen v Hearts,

Hearts v Gretna,

Celtic v Hearts,

Motherwell v Hearts,

Hearts v Rangers,

Inverness CT v Hearts,

St Mirren v Hearts.

Aberdeen 1-1 Heart of Midlothian

Heart of Midlothian 2-0 Gretna

Celtic 1-0 Heart of Midlothian

Motherwell 2-1 Heart of Midlothian

Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Rangers

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2-1 Heart of Midlothian

St Mirren 0-2 Heart of Midlothian

Eight points.

I fancy us to do Aberdeen, they were brutal at the weekend and with players not agreeing extensions and leaving I can see their ship starting to rock slightly.

Then on to gretna.... need to get a win in 90 mins against them some time!!!

Hopefully 6 from those two should see us in to the Celtic game capable of a point.

The Mighty Thor

Aberdeen v Hearts,

Hearts v Gretna,

Celtic v Hearts,

Motherwell v Hearts,

Hearts v Rangers,

Inverness CT v Hearts,

St Mirren v Hearts.

I think a quick look back at some of the 'next 6 games' threads of this season would be sobering reading.

We beat a very very poor Hubs team at the weekend and whilst there have been slight signs of improvement i would ca' canny on the prediction front.

We still went back to our own 18 yard line from second half kick off on Saturday and looked very fragile to me. A better side might easily have punished us.

something in the 6-9 point region would probably be about right to me and clearly the games against Gretna and St Midden are key.

I think top 6 is more than likely beyond the current management and squad's reach.

Take one game at a time. :)

We are capable of winning most of the games.

Unfortunately we are more than capable of getting humped in most of them also.

what he said, optimistic 14 points

ON the basis of our performance on Saturday we have no chance of a top 6 finish.

Like everybody else I was delighted with the win however, that was as poor a Hibs team I have seen at Tyncastle for many a year.

Right now the priority is beating Gretna at home!

Guest JamboRobbo

Trying to be as optomistic as possible in the circumstances we are in, I expect we'll take 9 or 10 points from that lot.

Aberdeen v Hearts,

Hearts v Gretna,

Celtic v Hearts,

Motherwell v Hearts,

Hearts v Rangers,

Inverness CT v Hearts,

St Mirren v Hearts.

Aberdeen v Hearts;

Last 5 home form, W4 D1 L0

They drew with (10 man) Rangers and beat ICT, Killie, Hibs and Dundee United. They were all OK results except Killie and Hibs who were all on poor runs at the time, they never really hammered any of them. I would be surprised if we got nothing from this game, we are improving and pushing for the top-6. I think a draw.

Hearts v Gretna;

Gretna have lost their last 5 away games 3-0 to ICT, Celtic and Motherwell, they surprised Dundee United by beating them 2-1 in Dundee, they drew 3-3 with Killie (a team not performing and sliding into a relegation battle). I can see us winning 3-0 at Tynie. We are getting back into a good run of form, depending on our previous 2 results we could be in the next round of the cup and nearing the top-6, if things are all positive, we should beat Gretna.

Celtic v Hearts;

4 days after this game, Celtic have a CL match at home to Barca, they may not rest any of their players but I'm bearing that in mind when I think of this match. I am optimistic for this game, at least a draw is very possible.

Motherwell v Hearts;

Motherwell have an easy lead up to our game at Fir Park, Killie and Gretna, but who knows, if they don't get the right results in those games they may be stuggling to get a result against us, they got beat by St Mirren, another team that is down there, I'm going to say 3 points.

Hearts v Rangers;

Again the run up is Killie followed by Gretna, I can't see anything other than 2 Rangers wins for these games. They'll be likely to be on a good run of form going into the Hearts game, but if Tynie is as packed as Rangers' fixture list, I can see us continuing our run of form, I predict a win.

Inverness v Hearts;

Caley Thistle have a difficult run going into the game, Dundee United, Hibs and then Celtic, I can't see them being on too hot a form so I see us getting a draw, we've both played one of the Old-Firm 3 days previous to this encounter, it will be a dire 1-1 game in the Highlands.

St Mirren v Hearts;

They (St. M) are playing Gretna a few days before the game on a Tuesday night, it may be the type of game that will take it out of both teams as they will both be pushing for survival (especially Gretna) we will get a good result against St Mirren IMO, 2-0.

Next 6 games = 15 points.

21pts. easy.

:ninja:

Realistically...

Aberdeen v Hearts

A good win against a struggling outfit. 3-0 W

Hearts v Gretna

Surely we'll beat them at some point. 2-1 W

Celtic v Hearts

The Barca game should play on their minds but I think they'll be too strong for us. Especially if they make some quality signings. 1-3 L

Motherwell v Hearts

Difficult to call. Depends on the result tomorrow. At the moment I'll say that we'll probably cancel each other out. 1-1 D

Hearts v Rangers

Unless Rangers' fixture congestion takes it's toll I think we'll be lucky to snatch a draw. 0-2 L

Inverness CT v Hearts

Always tricky and will depend on the weather. A scrappy 0-0 D

St Mirren v Hearts

4 league games without a win would mean we need a result here. 2-0 W

11pts

Not enough to sneak into the top six.

Archived