Zaliukas

liam11

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it is well documented, i do not rate him that highly, don`t think he was reason we lost 3-0 today despite og.

What the **** are you on about?

Drewjambobusby

What the **** are you on about?

Was working and my mates text taking the pish :verymad: . Knowing my Zal feelings told me had scored an og no a Herts goal. Ignore.

Was working and my mates text taking the pish :verymad: . Knowing my Zal feelings told me had scored an og no a Herts goal. Ignore.

No problem :lol:

Still a bit worrying that he's now our top scorer.

Drewjambobusby

No problem :lol:

Still a bit worrying that he's now our top scorer.

I know. Feckin seek.

I feel sorry a bit for McGlynn as he has had the rug pulled a bi,t but Vlad will get rid no doubt. Trouble is, does it matter who comes in.

Seems every week we have someone making an error. This week McDonald.

Genuinely worried aboot New Year game. Although we have much more to worry aboot.

Zal is average, that's it. Some good play, some total howlers and he's also our top scorer - so a better striker than Shuttoff.

He's the best we're gonna get at the mo.

Drewjambobusby

Zal is average, that's it. Some good play, some total howlers and he's also our top scorer - so a better striker than Shuttoff.

He's the best we're gonna get at the mo.

Alba gu brath (Scotland for ever ?)

Yes he is maybe slightly above average, but no world beater.

Sick to the back teeth of this same argument from the same people.

"Zal's a total bombscare. Shit myself everytime he's on the ball." - Well perhaps you should take a look at whether or not you're one of those people who gets needlessly worked up over things that don't need worked up over.

"Zal's a Hearts legend." - He's a cup winning captain, and I'm sure that makes you a club legend, based on the stance taken by the pro-Pressley brigade anytime he's mentioned. But you have to accept that some people will never accept a Lithuanian at Hearts. For one reason or another.

Anyone care tp offer their insight on how Zal defended their first goal on Sat? Facing own goal when cross came in and no idea where their principle target man was?? Plum in middle of goal and he was nowhere, not even a challenge. Shocking stuff.

Libertonian_II

Anyone care tp offer their insight on how Zal defended their first goal on Sat? Facing own goal when cross came in and no idea where their principle target man was?? Plum in middle of goal and he was nowhere, not even a challenge. Shocking stuff.

No one is perfect. It didn't help matters much that our goalkeeper showed all the agility of a bag of cement in trying to stop what was a weak, if well directed header.

It didn't help either that McGowan was off the pitch.

With the way money is I bet even the anti-Zal brigade will wish he was still here in a couple of seasons. Whatever one's views on previous players, better or worse, from previous years, there is surely no debate that Zal is good enough for this club and is not one of our worst players showing surely what the agenda is time and again here, despite the denials.

Big_Hearts_Runner

In my lifetime.......

Craig Levein

Dave macpherson

Paul ritchie

Alan mclaren

Steven pressley

Andy Webster

Marius zaliukas

In that order, simples.

Ps Jim weir just missed out.......

I'd slot Davie Weir and Cristos Karapidis in there too.

Zal's the dugs baws. I was in the Wullie Bauld "upgraded" hospitality for the Livi game and was sitting just behind the away dug out. Zal was last off the pitch and even though he had scored twice, you could see he was gutted about the livi goal and was apologising to MgGlynn who appeared to tell him to forget it and gave him a pat on the back. I'm pretty sure my shout of "I LUV YOO MARIUS" helped him out too.

Get him in centre mid and stick Barr and Webster at CB. He's cool as **** with the ball at his feet, hence how he managed to get caught out pirouetting on the edge of his own area against livi.

But you have to accept that some people will never accept a Lithuanian at Hearts. For one reason or another.

Racism, mainly.

When you think of the many good centre halves of the past we`ve had and think for a minute what their weakness was, you certainly don`t think of glaring errors.(the list eddiepolio done minus Zal)

I think that`s one of a few attributes that set a quality CH apart from a half decent one.

In the future i`ll look back and think of Zal as a half decent CH , but made too many mistakes to be put in the bracket beside the best we`ve had.

Thunderstruck

Somewhat reminiscent of Oldco's equaliser in July 11. Left to mark two men in the absence of his defensive partner who was getting back into position. Still, it must be his fault cos he's a bombscare n'at.

There are some on here who spout so much sh1t that they must brush their teeth with Preparation H.

Somewhat reminiscent of Oldco's equaliser in July 11. Left to mark two men in the absence of his defensive partner who was getting back into position. Still, it must be his fault cos he's a bombscare n'at.

There are some on here who spout so much sh1t that they must brush their teeth with Preparation H.

Not half as much nonsense as those who defend the guy, despite basic positional errors time and again. Left to pick up two men you say but ends up marking neither?? He was caught under the ball, facing his own goal. At least 2 basic mistakes there but cause he isn't stumbling over the ball, it doesn't constitute another mistake....

BRAVEHEART1874

2 men wtf? Baws

It would have been 1 if he had been able to manage it :teehee:

Fozzyonthefence

200yrs later aye?

zal3.jpg

I didn't say 200 years, I said 2 centuries - it's not the same thing. From the end of the 1800's the start of the 1900's is one century, then the start of the 2000's is another century. Anyway, I wasn't sure if you meant the 1896 Scottish Cup Final or if it was a typo and you meant 1986?

Archived