** Breaking News** No Buses On Monday.

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

Just been told that their will be NO Lothian Buses as of Monday 28th due to the pending walk out at grangemouth fuel refinery.

their delivery on Saturday has been canceled due to having to prioritize fuel delivery's for emergency services.

more will follow in the news.

cheers

Juve

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see where it actually says that there will be no buses though.

It does say that LRT fuel will run out over the weekend. It does say that they are not getting a fuel delivery, however it doesn't say that it will definitely happen (the cancellation of service).

Say What Again
Woo hoo!! monday off on full pay!!!

How? And more importantly, is it an excuse I can use to the same ends?

Professor.Arturo
How? And more importantly, is it an excuse I can use to the same ends?

I'm a bus driver :)

Well I would suggest no fuel delivery and no petrol means no services?

Unless someone at LRT has magic **** or something

What makes it best is how much this contradicts our esteemed leaders comments about using public transport

I've not had any problems getting petrol all week except Monday! I guess most people will start running out today though and go fill up again.

Don't have a clue how to get to work without a bus

Guest juvehearts

I know a very good friend in Lothian buses that deals with fuel supply & the rescudled delivery ment for today was for saturday but they have hade a fone call from their supplier to say they aint getting any more fuel until they (grangemouth) knows what is going on.

blah blah health & safety at the plant & all that.

so as of saturday night 6pm the plant will close until futher notice.

if the strike was not to go ahead then it would still take until monday at the eairlest to get fuel from another source so their might not be enough fuel for a full bus supply meaning a sunday service at best or a special service for 2 days.

maroonlegions
I don't see where it actually says that there will be no buses though.

It does say that LRT fuel will run out over the weekend. It does say that they are not getting a fuel delivery, however it doesn't say that it will definitely happen (the cancellation of service).

Lothian Buses will run out of fuel after services end on Sunday night:rolleyes:

"if we don't have fuel then we cant run our buses." :confused:

Lothian Buses will run out of fuel after services end on Sunday night:rolleyes:

"if we don't have fuel then we cant run our buses." :confused:

You're missing my point. Show me where LRT categorically state that there will be no bus service this Monday.

LRT's comments are aimed at the Scottish Govt to divert fuel to public services rather than private garages.

Just been on to the phone to one of my m8's and LRT have not told the drivers there will be no buses on monday. will keep you posted

Professor.Arturo
You're missing my point. Show me where LRT categorically state that there will be no bus service this Monday.

LRT's comments are aimed at the Scottish Govt to divert fuel to public services rather than private garages.

Lothian Buses said it could not run services after Sunday evening.

Pretty simple, no deisel = no buses. Cant run them on water.

From the BBC website

If theres no buses, does that in effect mean no bus lanes?

what happened a couple of years ago with the bus driver strike IIRC the bus lane restrictions were lifted so it was like no bus lanes

what happened a couple of years ago with the bus driver strike IIRC the bus lane restrictions were lifted so it was like no bus lanes

So traffic might benefit from this?

Wont be any jams. (Or as many)

From the BBC website

Edit: Just seen the link on Sooperstars post.

Something which was NOT said in the original BBC article. ;-)

Edit: Just seen the link on Sooperstars post.

Something which was NOT said in the original BBC article. ;-)

its on their website , check soopsters post

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I wonder how much of this is a tactic to get what they want?

I'm quite sure that is exactly what they are up to.

grrrrrrrr you've edited your post

Would it not have said "Last Edited by....." underneath it?:P

Anyway, my argument is now redundant as LRT have now stated their official position. :)

I wonder how much of this is a tactic to get what they want?

That's exactly what this is.

I can't help but feel the Government are offering the fuel companies enough rope to hang themselves here.

There should be enough fuel to get us through a 2 day strike - it's not like the blockades of 8 years ago when nobody really knew with any certainty how long the dispute would last.

So will the fuel companies sell there stockpiled fuel to companies like Lothian Buses or will they keep their own forecourts topped up (where they have greater control over the price and are likely to make more money).

Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

I don't agree with the strikers but this could be a cunning tactic to sway public support in their favour and ensure the dispute is resolved after one walkout.

Hmmm. The notice about it on LB's site has been taken off and the news article on their site removed.....

maroonlegions
Would it not have said "Last Edited by....." underneath it?:P

Anyway, my argument is now redundant as LRT have now stated their official position. :)

as will the buses on Monday;).

Stuart Lyon

They are planning to syphon fuel from all commercial vehicles lifted as a result of parking infringements.

Guest GhostHunter

Local Petrol Robbers up here in Stirling have now whacked a ?20 limit on a transaction.

And so it begins.

It's going to be carnage next week and beyond, I dont trust Salmond's whitterings about "dont worry", simply because they say after "only essential journeys".

Say What Again

It seems a bit strange to me that IF there's going to be a fuel shortage, the oil companies have been told to prioritise petrol stations.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have public transport up and running so if there's a lack of fuel, people can still get around?

Local Petrol Robbers up here in Stirling have now whacked a ?20 limit on a transaction.

And so it begins.

It's going to be carnage next week and beyond, I dont trust Salmond's whitterings about "dont worry", simply because they say after "only essential journeys".

?20 minimum aparently.

It seems a bit strange to me that IF there's going to be a fuel shortage, the oil companies have been told to prioritise petrol stations.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have public transport up and running so if there's a lack of fuel, people can still get around?

Lack of fuel, but I guarantee what still rules the roost is pennies.

They should stop all the a**eholes in their grey Vauxhall Zafiras from filling up, just to ferry their mutant offspring to and from school!

maroonlegions
Glad I filled up my tank to the brim last night.

watch out for hobo petrol syfners (spelling,eh,mmm.):rolleyes::107years:

maroonlegions

i take it First Buses are in the same situation (these sneaky wee buses that turn up from now where and are driven by ex- racing car drivers):rolleyes:

maroonlegions

PANIC buying of petrol and diesel across Edinburgh has caused some of the city's filling stations to run dry, and the fuel levels of others to plummet to crisis lows.

Filling stations from the centre of the Capital to Musselburgh have been hit by the shortages as motorists queued to stock up yesterday.

Shell garages have been worst hit, with the petrol station on Edinburgh Road in Musselburgh running out of both petrol and diesel at around 6pm yesterday.

Filling stations on Glasgow Road, Dalry Road and Mayfield Road ran out of diesel, while the station on Seafield Road ran dry of unleaded. The BP garage on Slateford Road had run out this morning.

Other stations that were running perilously low today included BP garages in Queensferry and Barclay Place, and the Esso garage in Canonmills. The emergency buying follows news that filling stations were raising their prices to cash in on concerns about fuel supplies if the strike at Grangemouth oil refinery takes place.

Prices rocketed yesterday, with diesel costing as much as ?1.22 in the BP filling station on Barclay Place and the cost of a litre averaging around ?1.17 in most other garages. Esso and Tesco were selling petrol at ?1.07 a litre today.

just a wee list of garages that have or will be running out of petrol.:sad:

Archived