Matrix:Recoded - Mafia

Gizmo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>

> [operator] Channel Open

>

> A lone figure appears from out of the shadows, and stops, blocking the path of the citizens who are close, so close to the Source.

>

> He knows the game is up, but his programming, and the malevolent, determined personality it imbues him with will not allow him to stop.

>

> He puts up a strong fight, throwing people around, before grabbing Pull Shapes and attempting to throttle the life out of her...her body is limp, but more from the insane levels of alcohol coursing through it..she boots the Agent in the vitals and, as he lets go, the citizens pile in and give him a good old fashioned "doing".

>

> Agent Brown, Morph

>

> indeed, all the Agents

>

> Matrix_Agents.jpg

>

> are dead.

>

> The last resistance swept away, the citizens quickly make their way to the door to The Source

> matrix_0.jpg

and plug in their flash drives. Instantly their code begins to over-write the database, changing it forever.

>

> Time freezes. The Oracle smiles whilst The Architect goes mad, smashing up his monitors in rage at this affront; his code, the billions of near flawless lines of mathematical precision are ruined, infected by the dirty, bodged code of the humans, and with it all their base, biological desires and needs are cascading through him, at odds with his purely logical thoughts. The systemic anomaly takes residence deep inside his mind and destroys it from within. The Architect, Father of The Matrix, is no more.

>

> The code the humans have engineered, whilst crude and far from the perfect logic and routines devised by The Architect, is a tool that will quickly do the job. It will send an answer to the doubt that exists in the disbelievers minds, those souls unconvinced by their simulated existence, and, if deemed young enough to survive the transition, will mark them for deletion from The Matrix. At the same time, a virus implanted deep into the Database where the machines connect will turn the Field Sentries into retrieval units, who will do the humans work of catching the disconnected people as they are ejected from their pods. We used to be able to retrieve 2/3 souls on a good day, this method will free thousands a week.

>

> Eventually, and crucially before The Machines logic comes to notice they are now enslaved to humanity, we hope to assemble enough rescued humans to form an army with which to mount a final war against them, against the Machine City.

>

> We salute our fallen comrades who fought courageously to break free from the tyranny of the machines, and we will honour you in Zion.

>

> It is now day-time in the rebooted Matrix. Things will never be the same again.

>

> 648518.jpg

>

> [operator] Channel Closed

>

> _

> Thanks for taking part.

>

matrix-code-851x315.jpg

Prince Buaben

:yas:

Well done guys especially to Walter near the end.

Thanks Lionel

Any chance of a summary of investigations and Saves? :thumbsup:

Never been the cop before and if Dunks hadn't had problems I'd still be waiting to fulfil my dreem move.... :teehee:

Anyway, investigation stuff...

1. Shapes = BS obviously = Townie

2. HP Sauce- they were becoming very annoying = Doc :turned:

3. Dandyman- it was early Wednesday and just picked a random quietish one as I was heading to Liverpool = Assassin.

4. Andy- no idea tbh, probably as he is often a goon and I wanted to make sure = Townie.

5. Jamie- again a random hit although I'll claim that Boof who investigated at the time, was always on the list, in fact he was meant to be after HP but for some reason was never used.= Townie :mellow:

6. Bev- Finally! Something jogged my memory that she had voted for me almost immediately one day and with the traitor also getting the investigation results perhaps should have picked up on it. Ach well, got there in the end. = Goon

Well done, Walter though. :thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

>

> [operator] Channel Open

>

> A lone figure appears from out of the shadows, and stops, blocking the path of the citizens who are close, so close to the Source.

>

> He knows the game is up, but his programming, and the malevolent, determined personality it imbues him with will not allow him to stop.

>

> He puts up a strong fight, throwing people around, before grabbing Pull Shapes and attempting to throttle the life out of her...her body is limp, but more from the insane levels of alcohol coursing through it..she boots the Agent in the vitals and, as he lets go, the citizens pile in and give him a good old fashioned "doing".

>

> Agent Brown, Morph

>

> indeed, all the Agents

>

> Matrix_Agents.jpg

>

> are dead.

>

> The last resistance swept away, the citizens quickly make their way to the door to The Source

> matrix_0.jpg

and plug in their flash drives. Instantly their code begins to over-write the database, changing it forever.

>

> Time freezes. The Oracle smiles whilst The Architect goes mad, smashing up his monitors in rage at this affront; his code, the billions of near flawless lines of mathematical precision are ruined, infected by the dirty, bodged code of the humans, and with it all their base, biological desires and needs are cascading through him, at odds with his purely logical thoughts. The systemic anomaly takes residence deep inside his mind and destroys it from within. The Architect, Father of The Matrix, is no more.

>

> The code the humans have engineered, whilst crude and far from the perfect logic and routines devised by The Architect, is a tool that will quickly do the job. It will send an answer to the doubt that exists in the disbelievers minds, those souls unconvinced by their simulated existence, and, if deemed young enough to survive the transition, will mark them for deletion from The Matrix. At the same time, a virus implanted deep into the Database where the machines connect will turn the Field Sentries into retrieval units, who will do the humans work of catching the disconnected people as they are ejected from their pods. We used to be able to retrieve 2/3 souls on a good day, this method will free thousands a week.

>

> Eventually, and crucially before The Machines logic comes to notice they are now enslaved to humanity, we hope to assemble enough rescued humans to form an army with which to mount a final war against them, against the Machine City.

>

> We salute our fallen comrades who fought courageously to break free from the tyranny of the machines, and we will honour you in Zion.

>

> It is now day-time in the rebooted Matrix. Things will never be the same again.

>

> 648518.jpg

>

> [operator] Channel Closed

>

> _

> Thanks for taking part.

>

matrix-code-851x315.jpg

P0GPM.gif

FFS Clare get back to your ******* holiday.

Good game Lionel pity I missed it all. Thing is I had the task from the Oracle day 1 that would've saved me but wasn't on all weekend as I had the wee one myself all weekend :(

BoJack Horseman

Bonjour...

Is deadline tomorrow or Tuesday? Tomorrow more likely aye?

As for BS, even if I could use it, I probably wouldn't anyway just to get the usual over with. :)

This caused some hassle Arnie. I now assume you wrote this before you became the Cop, but it didn't help identify you!

Shapes, you were an absolute hoor at poking holes in my claim to being the cop. I was trying to protect Arnie and draw attention to myself, which I think worked to some degree at first. I'm guessing once they had Bevs investigations that they twigged he'd used BS.

Well done all, pretty enjoyable game all round.

Prince Buaben

.5. Jamie- again a random hit although I'll claim that Boof who investigated at the time, was always on the list, in fact he was meant to be after HP but for some reason was never used.= Townie :mellow:

Well done, Walter though. :thumbsup:

That was my investigation. ;)

I earned it on Saturday after passing my secret task. Which was to get 4 Police song titles into my posts. :D

Think that was my first post Walter and as I wasn't then the cop, I didn't think saying that would really matter in the long run. Then the PM arrived... :)

Just decided to use BS regardless, suppose I could have mentioned BS on Day 2 and whether it was used or not but might have been a risky strategy to try and get the message across. :mellow:

The tasks:

Day 1: Odd Thomas. Had to get these phrases in without suspicion.

- I'd buy that for a dollar

- Indubitably, my dear Watson

- All you need is love

- Cliff Richard's 70s output is under-rated

Would win: immunity

Day 2: Pull shapes. These phrases:

- Are you talking to me?

- David Essex's 70s output is greatly under-rated

- I've got a bad feeling about this.

- You uncultured swine!

Day 3: Geoff: Had to do the following:

You must:

- Get another player to say they love you.

- Badly insult another player.

- Answer/reply to 2 posts with song titles from the band The Smiths.

- Insist that the film Twilight has far more philosophical depth than The Matrix.

Day 4a: hmfc_ac

You must make several posts which look like you are missing a letter from your keyboard (like the film Misery with the wonky typewriter).

eg You must not l t anyon know you ar und rtaking a s cre t task.

If called out about it, you must convince someone that your PC has been attacked by the "typewriter" virus!

Day 4b: Andy:

Your task is as follows:

You must answer/sneak into the thread four Police song titles.

They can be spread out over the whole day and must be sneaked in without arousing more than very minimal suspicion.

Would win: Deputy Cop - 1 investigation

I think that's them all.

I also gave the goons two kills from The Oracle one night to give them a fighting chance as the immunity was hitting them hard.

In retrospect I wouldn't have allowed the immune players to broadcast the fact they had immunity, and I did stop this after the first couple of tasks. The idea of the tasks was to give the un-roled players something to do and get them a bit more involved.

Good game Lionel. Now what a surprise i get killed the night Bev becomes a goon :lol:

For anyone else on here who is on facebook come join our group called JKB mafia game group :) Now planning a wee mafia night out in Inverness after the game in November. I can organise some stuff when can suss out numbers. Bev also suggested doing a murder mystery night sometime but i think we should plan that for sometime in the spring :)

Actually I had nothing to do with your death vonny. Was coincidence hahahaha

Enjoyed that though. Thanks G

Nah - you can't blame Bev for that one :D

When we got the two hits we reckoned Arnold would be protected by the Doc so didn't go for him again (went for him on night 2 - oh, how different the game could have been :lol: ) and just went for two good players. Bev being the turnable one was a bonus.

Odd on the first night was simply Malky-revenge :lol:

Errrrmmm - can't remember who else we did for. Walter eventually 'cause he was being a pain in the erse helping the town so much.

No particularly hilarious PMs amongst us I don't think.

Thought I was doing my bit in helping the town by pointing out obvious things (that no-one else deemed worthy of mention) like Dunks' townieness, Shapes' unlynchability...

Next time...*shakes fist*

BoJack Horseman

Nah - you can't blame Bev for that one :D

When we got the two hits we reckoned Arnold would be protected by the Doc so didn't go for him again (went for him on night 2 - oh, how different the game could have been :lol: ) and just went for two good players. Bev being the turnable one was a bonus.

Odd on the first night was simply Malky-revenge :lol:

Errrrmmm - can't remember who else we did for. Walter eventually 'cause he was being a pain in the erse helping the town so much.

No particularly hilarious PMs amongst us I don't think.

Thought I was doing my bit in helping the town by pointing out obvious things (that no-one else deemed worthy of mention) like Dunks' townieness, Shapes' unlynchability...

Next time...*shakes fist*

*******s. Was hoping to make it to the end.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Great game Lionel :thumbsup:.

Watched over:

Night 1 - hp88

Night 2 - Sig

Night 3 - Arnold. Would have been Geoff had Arnold got lynched that day.

Night 4 - Andy.

Think that's it.

Thx. :)

Good fun being on the other side watching it all unfold.

I didn't quite anticipate how quickly I'd have to learn on the hoof, tho.

First day was challenging!

Good game people.

I was last Mason, me and Walter made a decision for one to go public and one to sort of hide in the background abit.

It was good, doc played a good bluff by delaying saving Arnold by 1 night.

Good game Lionel

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good game Lionel. An excellent goon team we knocked out there - well, except Pinhead who gave himself away :smuggy:

BoJack Horseman

1. Morpheus

3. Geoff

4. Arnie

5. Shapesy

6. Dandyman

7. hmfc_ac

8. hp88

9. Stacee Jaxx

10.Pinheid

15. Walt

17. HmfcAndy

19. Jamie Mac

21. Boof

24. Neale

26. Beverley

Blue is everyone we know to be good. Orange are potentially ok. Red we don't know about.

If blue and orange take out a red each night we should have this wrapped up, no?

Goons must have been shitting it from that point on. Done for.

After that stopped taking it seriously

Just looked back on the PMs I'd picked out Arnold as cop but didn't push it

Great game Lionel the cookies snookered us in the end (as well as Dunks appearing on night 1) but lots of good ideas

Nah - knew we were well and truly done for with so many known townies kicking around.

Didn't stop me pestering Lionel to give us extra kills though. :lol:

Nah - knew we were well and truly done for with so many known townies kicking around.

Didn't stop me pestering Lionel to give us extra kills though. :lol:

Tricksy bugger that you are, nearly got away with it... :lol:

Archived