?30 Fine And Thats It

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

62 Drivers were caught not wearing seatbelts in the lothians after a Police crackdown.

305 Drivers were caught all across Scotland.

I really thought that it would be second nature by now for drivers to put their seatbelts on but apparently thats not the case.

The thing that shocked me was that they get a ?30 but no points on their license.

Should you get points on your license if you get caught not wearing a seatbelt?

62 Drivers were caught not wearing seatbelts in the lothians after a Police crackdown.

305 Drivers were caught all across Scotland.

I really thought that it would be second nature by now for drivers to put their seatbelts on but apparently thats not the case.

The thing that shocked me was that they get a ?30 but no points on their license.

Should you get points on your license if you get caught not wearing a seatbelt?

I don't think you should, a fine is the correct punishment for drivers.

My mate was one of those 62. Total tool. It is second nature to get in the car, key in ignition, turn on then seat belt on before moving off no!?

I don't think you should get points for that. The only person who's safety you're risking is your own.

Not if your sitting in the back seat - you not seen the advert!

Ray Winstone

To me its unbelievable that anyone would "forget" to put on their seatbelt!

Something which could be the difference between life and death!

Totally mindless not putting it on!

I think 3 points is fair for not using a seat belt.

I think a ban should be the punsihment for using a hand held mobile. :evilno:

I agree.

I'm away to lie down.

Walter Payton

In Australia if you (or anyone in the car you're driving for that matter) is caught not wearing your seatbelt, its a fine in the region of $300 and a 3 point deduction- do it over a public holiday (when all penalties are doubled because records show there are more accidents on public holidays) and you're in serious trouble.

The reason they take this approach is because you're not the only person that's impacted when you don't wear your seatbelt- it has an effect on the emergency services personnel that attend the accident as well as any other people that may be involved (trauma) if they are attending a fatality rather than just an injury.

Walter Payton
I think 3 points is fair for not using a seat belt.

What about smoking while driving?

Going back to seatbelts this is the reason the whole car should belt up.

Not nice, but realistic. I have seen more than my fair share of mashed up bodies and you wont look pretty dead.

Using mobile phones when driving causes accidents which can kill, so Therapist has a fair point about banning drivers who do. Although it is already endorsable so suspension will follow for persistent use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZ3Iw5723c

Why?

People answering the phone have one hand off the steering wheel/gear stick and are not in control of the car.

The other week I was trying to turn right on a busy road and this ****er had his phone held up to his ear and couldn't see me/wouldn't or couldn't stop to let me out when the lights had turned red to let me edge out. The car behind did, but just as lights were changing.

I ended up out of position with cars just about clipping me from the other side because of this tit.

People using hand helds and driving are worse than drink drivers, and should get an immediate 12 points and year ban. At least drink drivers have both hands to control the car.

What about smoking while driving?

You can hold a ciggarette between your fingers while your hands are on the wheel, and put it in the ash tray by your window to pick up as well.

Not a valid comparison. Using a hand-held to answer a call takes out one hand, using it for texting just beggers belief...

Ray Winstone
You can hold a ciggarette between your fingers while your hands are on the wheel, and put it in the ash tray by your window to pick up as well.

Not a valid comparison. Using a hand-held to answer a call takes out one hand, using it for texting just beggers belief...

What about lighting your cigarette?

Too many clowns on the road who cannot be trusted to do anything that takes their full attention away from driving!

If you do it for mobiles you should do it with smoking - you can put your mobile on ur shoulder and talk into it with your head at a funny angle and have your hands free - still doesnt mean its not distracting.

Too many clowns on the road who cannot be trusted to do anything that takes their full attention away from driving!

If you do it for mobiles you should do it with smoking - you can put your mobile on ur shoulder and talk into it with your head at a funny angle and have your hands free - still doesnt mean its not distracting.

I'm not a smoker, but yes, I agree that lighting a cigarette can't be done with both hands on the wheel. If the car is stopped then that is ok I suppose.

Ray Winstone
I'm not a smoker, but yes, I agree that lighting a cigarette can't be done with both hands on the wheel. If the car is stopped then that is ok I suppose.

Just like you are allowed to pull over and answer your phone.

The rule on phones can be applied to smoking as well.

I think it would only be right to ban smoking as well!

(also might get a few to quit!)

Gerd Muller

I got caught driving without my seat belt on. It was a journey all of 150 yards! To explain, I parked my car about 200 yards from my work as in the morning it gets busy but when everyone leaves, I drove my car closer to my work as I was collecting things from the car. Police were outside my work and saw me, even though there were no cars or people around. I understand that the police thought I may have driven longer and that’s why they issued me with a ticket.

Lesson learned. ?30 fine. Always wear my seatbelt now.

davemclaren

Anyone operating a cd player as well....

Seriously though, to many distractions for drivers in cars. :whistling:

scott herbertson

Just to degenerate this a bit, and as I've had a few, how many points for having a woman beside you doing your ear in? I challenge anyone to concentrate while their missus is in full flow!

davemclaren
Just to degenerate this a bit, and as I've had a few, how many points for having a woman beside you doing your ear in? I challenge anyone to concentrate while their missus is in full flow!

Even a silent huff is distracting. :cool_shades:

Ray Winstone

Oh - bit of a double meaning in that one - or maybe just me and my twisted mind!

Commander Harris

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't wear a seatbelt - I'm probably only still here because of one. (I know some folk might see that as a bad thing! :D)

scott herbertson
Oh - bit of a double meaning in that one - or maybe just me and my twisted mind!

I knew someone would go for that interpretation

Is your name rhyming slang by any chance?

:rolleyes:

Ray Winstone
I knew someone would go for that interpretation

Is your name rhyming slang by any chance?

:rolleyes:

Afraid not - just an old nickname that I cant really shake off (not yet anyway)

google Derek Kieper and see what it says... lol

anti seat belt guy killed in a car accident. A seatbelt would have saved him

I'm one of the 62 also, coming out of the Tesco at D Mains and was trying to get it on by the time i reached the wee roundabout. Pulled over and ?30 fine. Silly i know but not exactly risking my life going about 15mph at the time

Stewart MacD

Ciarerette ash can get in the eye and distract a driver. Also, fagends threown out of a car window are non-degradable litter and can start bushfires.

Here, smoking is banned in cars with children in them and our departmental vehicles were smoke-free many years ago.

Seatbelts are compulsory for backseat passengers as well. Both driver and passenger are subject to a fine.

Why?

Because dialling a number or texting is a severe distraction. I have had many near misses - particularly worrying when it happens and I'm riding my motorbike - due to inattentive clowns driving while using their hand held. :mad:

As for smoking, that should be banned full stop, not just in cars. :mad:

Guest GhostHunter
Ciarerette ash can get in the eye and distract a driver. Also, fagends threown out of a car window are non-degradable litter and can start bushfires.

Here, smoking is banned in cars with children in them and our departmental vehicles were smoke-free many years ago.

Seatbelts are compulsory for backseat passengers as well. Both driver and passenger are subject to a fine.

She should be in the front seat then.

I remember years ago, when wearing seatbelts was not compulsary, and I was involved in a motorway accident, where my car ended upside down.... I couldn't get out due to the seatbelt being tangled round me, and I had to rely on a lorry driver cutting the belt, and dragging me out. To this day I'm still wary about wearing a seatbelt, but have to... cos I'm told to

I remember years ago, when wearing seatbelts was not compulsary, and I was involved in a motorway accident, where my car ended upside down.... I couldn't get out due to the seatbelt being tangled round me, and I had to rely on a lorry driver cutting the belt, and dragging me out. To this day I'm still wary about wearing a seatbelt, but have to... cos I'm told to

If not for the seatbelt, you probably would have been catapulted through the windscreen of your car and the nice friendly lorry driver would have driven his articulated unit right over your head.

Best put one of these in your drivers door pocket.

ar008.jpg

Only cost ?2 or ?3.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Anyone who doesn't wear a seat belt is not fit to drive.

Can't think of many more irresponsible things that not wearing your seatbelt.

People answering the phone have one hand off the steering wheel/gear stick and are not in control of the car.

The other week I was trying to turn right on a busy road and this ****er had his phone held up to his ear and couldn't see me/wouldn't or couldn't stop to let me out when the lights had turned red to let me edge out. The car behind did, but just as lights were changing.

I ended up out of position with cars just about clipping me from the other side because of this tit.

People using hand helds and driving are worse than drink drivers, and should get an immediate 12 points and year ban. At least drink drivers have both hands to control the car.

It wasn't the boy on the phones fault, he didn't have to let you out. You ended up just about getting clipped by cars because you weren't patient enough to wait for a suitable gap.

Archived