• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Dawnrazor

• Maple Leaf

• Governor Tarkin

I did once know a veggie who expected you to make a special meal for them if they went to a dinner party, but if you went to their house, they would not make one for you.

I should have asked them my questions.

Edited by Simon Says

I did once know a veggie who expected you to make a special meal for them if they went to a dinner party, but if you went to their house, they would not make one for you.

I should have asked them my questions.

See, that's my major bug bear with these *****. You chose your diet, I chose mine. If I don't get meat at their place, why the **** should Tarquin and his Nike Bethlehem sandals get a veggie meal at mine?

See, that's my major bug bear with these *****. You chose your diet, I chose mine. If I don't get meat at their place, why the **** should Tarquin and his Nike Bethlehem sandals get a veggie meal at mine?

I have seen a few 'Come Dine With Me' episodes with this scenario yet the fussy eater moans about the meal and gives a crap score. Fussy eaters are what they are.

If you are a celiac or have an allergy, then no problem, as that is for medical reasons.

Governor Tarkin

Can I also ask Amy vegans or veggies what they think would happen to all the farm animals if people did not eat meat or animal products. The farmer will not keep them just to make the fields look nice.

You know that if you really thought about it, like really thought about it, you could probably come up with a logical answer to that question on your own, dispening with the need to appear a third rate smartarse in order to justify your own prejudice/ignorance against those who think differently from you.

So much hatred there, Norm', not good for the blood pressure - a bit like too many steaks and bacon rolls hey*. Sweeping generalisations also. You know, kinda like saying that everyone on the internet with the username Normthebarman is a closet season ticket holder at Parkheed who loves the boaby. Now we both know that's not necessarily true, Norm', but you can see how it can make someone look like a tool**?

:thumbsup:

*Consumed in moderation both steaks and bacon rolls are a fantastic bit of grub. Preferred condiments at the discretion of the user.

**Sometimes sweeping generalisations are funny, like when they're racist and stuff.

Edited by Mark Brandon Read

Creepy Lurker

I don't like it when my wife's vegetarian friend comes to dinner, it has to be said.

Why should I change my cooking habits for her? I don't get meat at her place.

You've asked this twice, and the answer's blindingly obvious.

Are you purely a carnivore, or do you also eat things which don't contain meat?

Can just see you going mental at someone giving you a cheese sandwich for not respecting your need to have meat with every meal, like.

Every meal I eat and cook has meat in it if that counts.

Actually, that's a lie. At a push, I'll maybe make cheesy pasta.

Edited by Normthebarman

Just to make it clear, I bear no grudges against vegetarians who have cooked me meat of which I've known a couple.

I just don't see why I should change my dietary choice in my own house for the sake of anothers if the favour isn't returned.

Just to make it clear, I bear no grudges against vegetarians who have cooked me meat of which I've known a couple.

I just don't see why I should change my dietary choice in my own house for the sake of anothers if the favour isn't returned.

Quite simple, either don't invite vegetarians to your house if it's so much of an issue for you, or cook a separate meal for yourself. Stop being a drama queen.

Governor Tarkin

Fair enough mate. No harm in chucking on a veggie option when your cooking for a bunch of folk though. In these crazy mixed up modern times it's probably quite polite and civilised.

Had a few veggie bursd and got a few veggie mates so I suppose it's just something I've always done. Also, rabbit food can make a pleasant change from the carnivorous staples, and some of it is pretty stunning like.

:)

I did find that amusing.

One thing I would like to know, do vegan or veggie women do oral?

The vegan I knew did!

Said it was the only time she would ever let anything resembling a sausage enter her mouth.

:jjyay:

Only downside was that I had to have eaten a vegan meal with her beforehand. She said it was only fair, never quite understood that logic but it was worth it. ;)

Pretty sure Hitler liked nothing better than a bacon and egg sandwich.

couple of things higher on his list, but give or take...

Governor Tarkin

The vegan I knew did!

Only downside was that I had to have eaten a vegan meal with her beforehand. She said it was only fair, never quite understood that logic but it was worth it. ;)

Like meeting the devil down at the crossroads my man. ;)

Snake Plissken

i think archeologists have shown that roman gladiators were vegetarian.

one of my friends used to be a vegetarian as when he was a kid didn't like the taste of meat, he went to poland for a week and was fed meat and enjoyed it so now he is not a veggie.

:lol:

You know that didn't really have much say in what they ate, aye?

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Would a vegan eat a hairy pie?

The one in the article from Aberdeen wouldn't eat his burds pie!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The vegan I knew did!

Said it was the only time she would ever let anything resembling a sausage enter her mouth.

:jjyay:

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

It's human nature to eat meat. We didn't evolve into the top dogs on the planet by eating leaves and berries.

More steak here please.

Edited by Ray Gin

You know that if you really thought about it, like really thought about it, you could probably come up with a logical answer to that question on your own, dispening with the need to appear a third rate smartarse in order to justify your own prejudice/ignorance against those who think differently from you.

So much hatred there, Norm', not good for the blood pressure - a bit like too many steaks and bacon rolls hey*. Sweeping generalisations also. You know, kinda like saying that everyone on the internet with the username Normthebarman is a closet season ticket holder at Parkheed who loves the boaby. Now we both know that's not necessarily true, Norm', but you can see how it can make someone look like a tool**?

:thumbsup:

*Consumed in moderation both steaks and bacon rolls are a fantastic bit of grub. Preferred condiments at the discretion of the user.

**Sometimes sweeping generalisations are funny, like when they're racist and stuff.

I was only jesting. I did not realise you could not jest about vegans or veggies.

By the way, after posting, I noticed Bev said something similar, again in jest. Are you going to abuse her too?

Edited by Simon Says

Governor Tarkin

I was only jesting. I did not realise you could not jest about vegans or veggies.

By the way, after posting, I noticed Bev said something similar, again in jest. Are you going to abuse her too?

If the telly's shite again tonight then I'll consider it yeh.

Cool with you? :)

Edited by Mark Brandon Read

Creepy Lurker

Every meal I eat and cook has meat in it if that counts.

Actually, that's a lie. At a push, I'll maybe make cheesy pasta.

Just sounds like you're a shite cook, to be honest.

Are you actually being serious?

They have an ideological objection to eating meat. It goes against what they believe in. Now, unless I've misunderstood, very few meat eaters have ideological objections to eating things that don't contain meat. They aren't forcing you to 'change your dietary choice' at all.

If you think that food needs to contain meat to taste good, I actually feel sorry for you.

rossthejambo

I've no problem with it myself, but its a fact that veggies/vegans trumps absolutely stink, all that veg and pulses does not create pleasant methane.

BoJack Horseman

I imagine hard core Vegan's must explode at the sight of Man vs Food.

I regularly explode at the sight of Man vs Food. Best show on telly.

What I don't like is the fact that it's typically socially acceptable to be a vegetarian but the opposite isn't true for carnivores. If you're not a big fan of eating what is essentially plants and leaves, then you're a weirdo.

Some folk just don't like the thought of eating dead meat, and that I can understand to an extent. The ones that get on their high horse about the ethics behind eating meat though, those I can't abide by at all. Don't get me started on vegans. Worst of the lot. Self righteous pretentious **** the lot of them.

Generic Username

Now the hate is finally starting to come out. Excellent.

Ken what else vegans probably do - invite their whacky pals back to their doss house for a drum circle or a ****ing poetry "slam"

They have an ideological objection to eating meat. It goes against what they believe in. Now, unless I've misunderstood, very few meat eaters have ideological objections to eating things that don't contain meat. They aren't forcing you to 'change your dietary choice' at all.

If you think that food needs to contain meat to taste good, I actually feel sorry for you.

Ah, okay.

I hadn't realised that going to someones house and demanding they cater for your beliefs was cool now.

BoJack Horseman

This is the most patronising comment I've read and the reason most people don't like veggies. If you genuinely believe that a meatless dish tastes better than meat then you're sadly mistaken.

Alba gu Brath

It's feck-all to do with health or morality. It's all about them feeling more self important than other people. Twats.

So vegans are like fitba fans then?

If the telly's shite again tonight then I'll consider it yeh.

Cool with you? :)

As long as I get a meal with lots of meat then you can do what you want.

Notorious BIG

Vegetarians who dont eat meat because they dont like meat are fine, Weird but alright but CBA with people who choose not to, Imagine turning down a bacon roll or being an extreme vegan and not having a glass of milk :o , Own experience of coarse,A Few I know are helmets... and their farts stink

:boak:

It's all about catering to the wants of your friends... I have friends round that like white wine .... If they are coming I get some of that in, and they can't drink red.... Me I can partake of any kind so I do not expect them to get anything special..... Unless you are on come dine with me, I assume that these people are friends.

Citation required for that quote. The following article disputes your assertion:

Humans: Are We Carnivores or Vegetarians by Nature

You are denying that humans have eaten meat through the latter stages of our evolution? You know, the part where we became the dominant life force on the planet?

Now, I'm not saying that eating meat made us a better species. But let's face it, it made us a better species.

Here's a link in return:

http://rense.com/general20/meant.htm

"the idea that humans are natural vegetarians has "no scientific basis in fact," argues anatomist and primatologist John McArdle. Alarmed by this growing belief, McArdle, a vegetarian, says the human anatomy proves that people are omnivores.

"We obviously are not carnivores, but we are equally obviously not strict vegetarians, if you carefully examine the anatomical, physiological and fossil evidence," says McArdle, executive director of the Alternatives Research and Development Foundation in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.

According to a 1999 article in the journal The Ecologist, several of our physiological features "clearly indicate a design" for eating meat, including "our stomach's production of hydrochloric acid, something not found in herbivores. Furthermore, the human pancreas manufactures a full range of digestive enzymes to handle a wide variety of foods, both animal and vegetable."

Edited by Ray Gin

Slightly off topic rant:

Whether or not some vegan foods are more ethically responsible than the meat products they replace is highly debatable. Some/all (can't be arsed checking the whole range) Quorn products contain Palm Oil. A large proportion of the world's palm oil supply is grown on what used to be rainforest in countries like Indonesia and Malaysia. This releases a horrendous amount of greenhouse gases as the peatland that the rainforests were growing on have to be drained. It also destroys the habitat of some of the most critically endangered species on the planet.

If they were sourcing the ingredient in an ethical manner I'm sure that they would advertise this on their website. 15 mins with google turned up no info on how they aquire it I'm inclined to believe that it is not bought from a sustainable source. As such I'm of the belief that eating a nice tasty steak is far more ethically responsible than eating the shite Quorn produce. Orang-utans > cows imo.

From the limited reading I?ve done sustainably produced palm oil seems to be a bit of a myth. Admittedly the following article is a few years old so the present situation may be different.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/cif-green/2009/aug/20/cadburys-palm-oil

But it is much worse than that. Those certificates do not actually mean that any of the palm oil Cadbury buys comes from sustainable sources.

It works like this. If the RSPO's auditors certify a particular palm oil plantation as a sustainable operation, its owners are given certificates equal to the number of tonnes of palm oil being produced there.

The plantation company can then sell the certificates. To anyone. You could buy one if you wanted. The going rate is about $10. Mostly, they are bought by companies that also buy palm oil. So they can publicise the fact.

I'm picking on Quorn here purely because they are the most recognisable vegan/vegetarian brand. A look on the ingredients label of products produced by similar brands shows that a lot of them also use palm oil.

It's all about catering to the wants of your friends... I have friends round that like white wine .... If they are coming I get some of that in, and they can't drink red.... Me I can partake of any kind so I do not expect them to get anything special..... Unless you are on come dine with me, I assume that these people are friends.

Alcoholic style post IMHO :whisting: