Vegans

Generic Username

Generic Username

If folk want to be a vegitarian, that's cool. Want to be vegan? Go for it.

But see spanners like this bloke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18833471

"I did break up with someone over cheese" - that's because you're an arsehole.

"When I get together with my male vegan friends, we do sometimes grumble a bit about all the vegan women with non-vegan men" - that's because you're all arseholes.

"These days Mike Tyson is vegan, is that masculine enough?" - Mike Tyson also has the mental capacity of a Scotch egg, it doesn't mean we should all give up on an education.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Dawnrazor

• Maple Leaf

• Governor Tarkin

Vegetarians/Vegans can almost be put in the same category as folk who try and ram their religion down your throat TBH.

All fair and well being a vegetarian and vegan but judging people for not being or trying to force people into thinking that it is the right thing and that anyone who eats meat/dairy is in the wrong is wrong.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Surely that has been written as a bit of a piss take

"His girlfriend used to offer him some of her meat pie on the way home."

:oohmatron:

Generic Username

Vegetarians/vegans are a bunch of weirdos.

How anyone could turn their back on a bacon roll is beyond me.

Almost as bad as fatties who need to be taken to the chip shop on a forklift truck.

I'd pay good money to see that.

:lol: :lol:

It's true but.

Imagine using Mike Tyson to try and validate an arguement!

How anyone could turn their back on a bacon roll is beyond me.

Agreed. I can sort of understand the thinking behind it but I couldnt go without a steak every now and again.

Creepy Lurker

It's their business if they want to be vegetarian or vegan, but it is annoying when some of them try to ram it down your throat. That said, I don't get why so many meat eaters seem to feel threatened by it.

Generic Username

It's their business if they want to be vegetarian or vegan, but it is annoying when some of them try to ram it down your throat. That said, I don't get why so many meat eaters seem to feel threatened by it.

Totally valid.

I certainly don't feel threatened by it, more confused that you'd want to dump someone because of a cheese related belief.

"Mmm this cheese is nice"

"YOU CAN'T EAT CHEESE!"

"But it's nice"

"YOU'RE DUMPED! GET OUT! GET OUT I SAY!"

The Mighty Thor

Imagine using Mike Tyson to try and validate an arguement!

The boy at the start of the article is on fire

"I cannot condone non-veggies any more than I can condone people who beat their children"

I quite often take the slipper to my son after a medium-rare Rib eye.

However the best quote is the loon fi eberdeen.

His girlfriend used to offer him some of her meat pie on the way home.

"I would have to remind her that I could not eat it," he says.

:lol:

Creepy Lurker

Totally valid.

I certainly don't feel threatened by it, more confused that you'd want to dump someone because of a cheese related belief.

"Mmm this cheese is nice"

"YOU CAN'T EAT CHEESE!"

"But it's nice"

"YOU'RE DUMPED! GET OUT! GET OUT I SAY!"

Wasn't so much talking about you as people in general. My old flatmate was vegan and a really nice guy who hardly ever even mentioned it; it was a big part of his life, but he wouldn't try to force it on anyone. When some people found out about it, though, they seemed to just about blow a gasket: 'What?! You live off of vegetables, tofu and pulses?! That's rabbit food! Having the discipline to stick to your principles is gay!'

It used to really annoy me. laugh.gif I actually have more respect for vegans than I do for veggies because they're at least taking their beliefs to their logical conclusion. There's no way that I could do without meat or dairy, though, although I do think that there's some really nice vegetarian food out there. It's a bit sad when people dismiss stuff on the basis that it doesn't have meat in it.

Generic Username

Wasn't so much talking about you as people in general. My old flatmate was vegan and a really nice guy who hardly ever even mentioned it; it was a big part of his life, but he wouldn't try to force it on anyone. When some people found out about it, though, they seemed to just about blow a gasket: 'What?! You live off of vegetables, tofu and pulses?! That's rabbit food! Having the discipline to stick to your principles is gay!'

It used to really annoy me. laugh.gif I actually have more respect for vegans than I do for veggies because they're at least taking their beliefs to their logical conclusion. There's no way that I could do without meat or dairy, though, although I do think that there's some really nice vegetarian food out there. It's a bit sad when people dismiss stuff on the basis that it doesn't have meat in it.

Aye man if folk think that's the best way to live a healthy lifestyle then more power to them and even more power to folk like your old flat mate who don't turn into mad bangers and treat folk like goons for not deciding to do the same thing.

However, once you start dumping folk because they've touched a Baby Bell - you're fair game for ridicule!

Vegetarians/vegans are a bunch of weirdos.

That is a bit of a sweeping generalisation based on no examples.

Almost as bad as fatties who need to be taken to the chip shop on a forklift truck.

How do you draw your link between vegetarians/vegans and morbidly obese people?

Vegetarians/Vegans can almost be put in the same category as folk who try and ram their religion down your throat TBH.

All fair and well being a vegetarian and vegan but judging people for not being or trying to force people into thinking that it is the right thing and that anyone who eats meat/dairy is in the wrong is wrong.

This is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read, and in my experience the exact opposite is the case.

I'm vegetarian because meat literally makes me vomit. I don't force my views on anyone yet a number of meat eaters feel they must publically express their displeasure at mine.

That is my experience of meat eaters when you go out for a meal as a group and you order a vegetarian meal.

You make a fatal mistake in assuming that vegetarians are the same as vegans. Dairy products (other than eggs) do not result in the killing of animals, in fact the opposite is true.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I don't really understand that. The milks got to come out of the cow anyway, so why not use it for something useful.

Generic Username

I don't really understand that. The milks got to come out of the cow anyway, so why not use it for something useful.

If i wasn't at work I'd be able to post that video of the Family Guy sketch where the cow gets milked.

if you're gonna do something from a moral point of view then do it properly. vegetarians are the *******, atleast vegans take it to the conclusion - and it must be ******* tough.

that said they are usually sanctimonious pricks, who are utterly miserable because they can't eat anything nice so spend all day talking about their diet.

How do you draw your link between vegetarians/vegans and morbidly obese people?

Keeping with the eating theme, it was a reference to the fat parents, fat kids thread.

Creepy Lurker

You make a fatal mistake in assuming that vegetarians are the same as vegans. Dairy products (other than eggs) do not result in the killing of animals, in fact the opposite is true.

I should've added that 'my respect' is totally irrelevant here. laugh.gif It's none of my business.

I do just think that, logically, it makes more sense to be vegan than vegetarian. That's not to say that I don't have respect for vegetarians and the way that they stick to their principles.

The Mighty Thor

if you're gonna do something from a moral point of view then do it properly. vegetarians are the *******, atleast vegans take it to the conclusion - and it must be ******* tough.

that said they are usually sanctimonious pricks, who are utterly miserable because they can't eat anything nice so spend all day talking about their diet.

I doubt my digestive system could take the absolute havoc that a diet of vegetables and pulses would wreak.

I wince at the memory of the back-door carnage the last time i had a brinjl bhaji and turka dall in the one sitting.:(

I don't like it when my wife's vegetarian friend comes to dinner, it has to be said.

Why should I change my cooking habits for her? I don't get meat at her place.

Bert Le Clos

Couldn't really give a shit what people choose to eat and choose not to eat. I'd admit to being a bit peeved if someone had a go at me for eating meat, so I'm not going to have a go at someone for not.

I do find vegans a little strange, I can understand people not eating meat because they don't believe in killing animals, but I don't get vegans. Chickens lay eggs regardless, don't see anything wrong with eating them. But then there are millions of people in the world whose beliefs I don't neccesarily agree with but I wouldn't stoll up to them and tell them that to their face, so I'm not going to walk up to a vegan and criticise him for only eating greens.

All vegans look pasty faced and unhealthy - but, taking its diet into account

the silverback gorilla would be vegan, pound for pound the strongest primate

on the planet, I cant work that one out :unsure:

I couldn't care less what people do. There life. Eating all that veg not give them a whiffy bum tho,

Generic Username

All vegans look pasty faced and unhealthy - but, taking its diet into account

the silverback gorilla would be vegan, pound for pound the strongest primate

on the planet, I cant work that one out :unsure:

It's because it spends none of it's time wasting energy on greeting about someone eating a Dairylea slice or telling someone that their leather shoes are evil.

I imagine hard core Vegan's must explode at the sight of Man vs Food.

That boys a fecking gannet - I wouldn't be surprised if he's eaten an entire living animal.

I'd hate to be the person who cleans his shitter.

Generic Username

That boys a fecking gannet - I wouldn't be surprised if he's eaten an entire living animal.

I'd hate to be the person who cleans his shitter.

That's the episode of Man vs Food I really want to see - the aftermath. Him getting telt by a doctor he's got a fortnight to live because his hearts 98% butter.

I don't like it when my wife's vegetarian friend comes to dinner, it has to be said.

Why should I change my cooking habits for her? I don't get meat at her place.

But...if she then made a one-off effort to eat the delicious boeuf bourguignon you'd made, wouldn't you be the first to say, "ha, so you're not a real vegetarian, then!"

I dunno, as others have said, it must be bloody tough at times. Couldn't do it myself, but kind of admire them for sticking to it.

Couldn't really give a shit what people choose to eat and choose not to eat. I'd admit to being a bit peeved if someone had a go at me for eating meat, so I'm not going to have a go at someone for not.

I do find vegans a little strange, I can understand people not eating meat because they don't believe in killing animals, but I don't get vegans. Chickens lay eggs regardless, don't see anything wrong with eating them. But then there are millions of people in the world whose beliefs I don't neccesarily agree with but I wouldn't stoll up to them and tell them that to their face, so I'm not going to walk up to a vegan and criticise him for only eating greens.

Is the Vegan viewpoint against eating eggs/milk etc which are naturally produced not more to do with living conditions for the animals concerned? Or the fact that in most cases the animals are bred purely for the purpose of producing these foodstuffs? I could be way off the mark, just taking a guess.

Edited by Sooperstar

i think archeologists have shown that roman gladiators were vegetarian.

one of my friends used to be a vegetarian as when he was a kid didn't like the taste of meat, he went to poland for a week and was fed meat and enjoyed it so now he is not a veggie.

Surely that has been written as a bit of a piss take

"His girlfriend used to offer him some of her meat pie on the way home."

:oohmatron:

I did find that amusing.

One thing I would like to know, do vegan or veggie women do oral?

Can I also ask Amy vegans or veggies what they think would happen to all the farm animals if people did not eat meat or animal products. The farmer will not keep them just to make the fields look nice.

Are vegans allowed to eat Quavers?

most crisps contain milk for some reason, so no. probably because animal abuse is really tasty.

most crisps contain milk for some reason, so no. probably because animal abuse is really tasty.

I just checked, and you're right.

Christ. I'd be a shite vegan.

sad.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My mum in law is vegan... Couldnae do it myself likes. Best part is, she's a great cook and her meat dishes are quality. I would be toiling as a veggie, never mind a neo-veggie. :o

I'm sound with vegans, more meat for me :smuggy:

Can't say I've ever been lambasted by a vegan for eating meat or using animal products. On the other hand I have heard vegetarians or vegans getting hassled by meat eaters for not eating 'proper food' a few times.

Live and let live I say. Apart from animals, kill them and eat them

Edited by moogsy