convert ".tec" files to ".jpg"

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

While on holiday I somehow :whistling: managed to delete a whole load of photos from my phone - however-in my phone there is a folder that has files with the extension .tec - can't open them on my phone and after transferring them to the laptop - I can't open them on it either.

Have been googling for a while now but can't seem to find a simple strighforward (and free) solution.

Can anyone help?

(There are also a couple of .arc files too)

.tec files are Android thumbnail files.

In theory, you could view a very very small picture of the ones you took, but that's as good as it gets. Converting them will not get the pictures back.

Your pictures are gone :down:

Actually, I might have a solution for you.

Download Pirifom's "Recuva". It searches for deleted files, and lets you bring them back, as we all know that deleted files aren't actually gone, they are just marked as available space.

Plug your phone into the computer, and then use Recuva to search it - use the phone as the drive extension.

Let it do a deep search, and see what comes up.

It's then a case of clicking on the ones you want to keep, and restoring them. :thumbsup:

However, it might also bring back the naughty pics you thought you deleted :whistling:

Konrad von Carstein

thanks Tian447, have downloaded this but it soesn't seem to be recognising my phone as a drive (you may be coming to the conclusion that I am adiv!!)

Is the free version sufficient or do I need to buy the premium version?

thanks Tian447, have downloaded this but it soesn't seem to be recognising my phone as a drive (you may be coming to the conclusion that I am adiv!!)

Is the free version sufficient or do I need to buy the premium version?

Just the free version should do (didn't realise there was a pay for version!)

It should recognise the phone as a drive, but if not, have a quick google for Free Data Recovery Software, or try this link:

http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools

Have a play around, I'm sure you'll get them back.

Nothing that is deleted is gone forever!

If the storage is removable, ie a microsd card or similar then take it out, and mount it in your laptop. Your laptop may have a card reader? If not you can pick them up cheaply on Amazon etc.

You can then use the Recuva software to scan the card. Remember to unmount the card properly, don't just remove. You can power off the phone if easier.

If the phone is internal memory only and unmountable then yer fecked. If you have formatted the removable storage then 99% fecked.

Pics will have been on the SD card, you should defo be able to recover them. Dont take any new pics though ornthey wil overwrite the deleted ones.

Archived