Current opinion on Frail.

Dave 1974

Since he has complete control of squad selection and tactics from VR, what is the general opinion of his choices of personnel and tactics?

Okay, Hearts won against the filth yesterday, but do we really need to play 4-5-1 at home against them? Sure, we have been leaking goals recently and our defence has been wonkier than a three legged donkey, but one striker at home?

Velicka nearly ran himself into Australia yesterday. Surely we could have pressurised their defence more effectively with two attackers. Though i can see the sense in his tactic for the Hibs game. Must not lose first, win second.

It's great having Cesney back. More options for the wings. Ruben is finally allowed to dig the splinters from his @rse and play football.

Banksey no longer has to look over his shoulder at dumb and dumber viaing for his shirt.

Thoughts?

Think we are slowly coming towards being a professional outfit again. Not happening over night, but I think Frail is getting things in the right direction again. Not that i'm saying he should be manager on a permanent basis, but he is certainly helping in the short term

3 games undefeated, and only 1 red card in that lot! That's progress!

The worrying thing about only having one upfront, is the fact there is only one striker good enough for the team! I think it's time to give the young lads a bash tho.

We have to play 4-5-1 because we don't have a single striker at the club that is worthy of a place beside Velicka. We really need to sign at least 1 quality striker if we are to play 4-4-2. Pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

We have to play 4-5-1 because we don't have a single striker at the club that is worthy of a place beside Velicka. We really need to sign at least 1 quality striker if we are to play 4-4-2. Pretty much agree with the rest of your post.

hah! Beat ye too it!

:laugh:

He's doing well.

Much better than Korobochka.

As the players on the pitch are not his signings, he has to make best use of what he has. Our best players are midfielders so he played 3 central midfielders. Thw wingers selected were supposed to press forward and support Velicka. They never did that much as the full backs were not defending properly.

Also, the Hobo manager playing 5 accross the middle was a great decision for us. He thought he would go toe to toe and slug it out but it backfired as our players won the battle in midfield.

Still not sure what the Ruben sub was about. Injury was my guess.

To be honest I haven't had any real problems with tactics since Frail was appointed.

The poor results against Utd and Kilmarnock came about because of terrible indiscipline within our team, something that existed before and cannot suddenly be changed overnight.

The Motherwell game just highlighted the problems we have in our defence and the confidence of our players once they face a little bit of trouble, again it's something that will not change overnight.

I don't think we had any choice to play 4-5-1. It marks up man for man with a team who TRY to play football and who the hell would we pick to partner Velicka. Nade appears to be getting fatter and more useless by the day while Audrey hasn't had a good game since we drew with Celtic at Tynecastle. Pospisil, if I'm right in saying, has buggered off and Elliot was still suspended and I really wouldn't want either of them playing above Eggert Jonsson - who I think would have been dropped had we played 4-4-2.

Agreed that a 'serious' striker has to be bought with hard cash if we are going to haul ourselves up the table.

Finishing in the bottom six is a disgrace for this club. Completely unacceptable.

Frail has done v well in difficult circumstances but HE MUST NOT be given job of managing Hearts - not the calibre of manager we should be aiming for.

markletissier

agree 100% with the two strikers thing, we really need someone to play alongside velicka.

stevieC@pivot

SF has inherited a poisoned chalice,however, he has much too learn,all the subs yesterday were like for like,.............not great.

Also, why were we sitting so deep,ie:20 yard line, for the whole second half??

Berra walked into the gorgie suite yesterday to get the 2nd MOM award,and we all laughed and said its the first time we saw him walk forwards all day !

It may not be Berra`s fault,but if SF had a clue he would have stopped that deep sitting scenario all thru the second half,I mean,what was to worry about??

Bad,bad show.:confused:

think it has been a breath of frsh air to see the players wanting it again. thats down to him. team is consistant, dont think too many would complain about that. i think if frail thought we had a realistic option to partner velicka he would play two up. nade cant be arsed(bit better when he came on but needs to improve big time), elliot needs to calm down and get his form back, pospisil and makela dont want to be here are not great anyway, youngster cant be thrown in when times are tough - maybe now we start winning they will appear. im happy with frail, not first choice for manager but im pleased we have him. not useless liths in squad for the sake of it and they now earn their place like the rest.

jack D and coke
think it has been a breath of frsh air to see the players wanting it again. thats down to him. team is consistant, dont think too many would complain about that. i think if frail thought we had a realistic option to partner velicka he would play two up. nade cant be arsed(bit better when he came on but needs to improve big time), elliot needs to calm down and get his form back, pospisil and makela dont want to be here are not great anyway, youngster cant be thrown in when times are tough - maybe now we start winning they will appear. im happy with frail, not first choice for manager but im pleased we have him. not useless liths in squad for the sake of it and they now earn their place like the rest.

When has elliot ever showed good form?

He shouldn't be anywhere near our first team he's a striker who doesn't score, has no pace and zero composure in front of goal. A numpty of a centre forward.

Doing the best he can but lets not get carried away.I still hope we have a new manager in place soon and hope the powers at be see it that way aswell.

The more interesting thing for me was a comment by Karapidis on a Talk 107 interview.

When asked by Mark Donaldson how things had changed, Cristos replied that training was much better. Mark pressed him on this and he said that they now train with the ball a lot (the inference being that we didn't use the ball in training before).

I think that this is where Shaggy's key skill is at the minute. He may well - and IO hope he does - grow in to being a decent manager but for now, I think he should get on with the day to day coaching and let someone with a bit more experience worry about the tactical stuff.

have improved but that wasnt exactly hard, good at what he done for us but i still think he inexperienced for the job(seems to rate elliot and neilson), happy have him as an assistant, should we name a new manager

The more interesting thing for me was a comment by Karapidis on a Talk 107 interview.

When asked by Mark Donaldson how things had changed, Cristos replied that training was much better. Mark pressed him on this and he said that they now train with the ball a lot (the inference being that we didn't use the ball in training before).

That's quite bizzare.

It's like he is saying Hearts were mainly running around and concentrating only on the cardio aspects more than actual ball skills.

Berra also said after the match on Setanta that the training and the whole atmosphere around the club has changed lately. For the good.

Archived