• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• dannymack

• Hendricks

• martoon

The 'other' Rudi and cup pic - side on close up view.

Goal machine and legend Skacel with lemon chewing leg end Petrie in the background!

:58:

:qqb007:

Got to be Rudi, finger to lip and 5 or 6 Hobos sprawled and beaten behind. Tis my screen saver! The wig and cup one is a close second...

Either the Foster one or Rudi with the Cup(on my phone so cant post pics)

They all are for their own unique reasons. These pictures that have been mentioned, Cumming, Robbo, Fozzie etc all took place at very different times in our proud history and they all should never be forgotten. Time for a Hearts gallery for all to visit to see what Hearts mean to the good people of Edinburgh and beyond thumbsup.gif

2211445869_eac1b1b93c.jpg

I still laugh at this guy every time I watch Back from the Brink. Looks like your typical ccs type. That eighties clobber and everything laugh.gif including the streaked hair :facepalm:

What's it like?

laugh.gif

Dunno never seen it before assessor can you give me a link to the pic thumbsup.gif

Edited by Pinhead

dodethejambo

Does anyone have the photo of Dalry/Gorgie road on the cup parade day 1998? All you can see is crowds of people all the way down.

This one

gorgieroadH.jpg

or this one

bus1H.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a classic photo of Jimmy Murray scoring against hibs at the Gorgie Road End. It was originally in the "Topical Times" annual of 196?.

Photo was from behind goal with ball hitting net and hibs defenders creaking necks to see what had just happened.

Anybody got a copy, would love to see it again.

I used to have a classic photo of Jimmy Murray scoring against hibs at the Gorgie Road End. It was originally in the "Topical Times" annual of 196?.

Photo was from behind goal with ball hitting net and hibs defenders creaking necks to see what had just happened.

Anybody got a copy, would love to see it again.

Here is the actual goal from September 1959, Murray scores Hearts first goal in a 2-2 draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBBqcZ55l2w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Derek o'Connor after scoring at the piggery.

with jimmy bone mid-flight? magic pic............ even better if it had been in colour.

Not the pic you are referring to, but seconds after...

post-290-0-14176300-1344247312_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 11/07/2012 at 18:31, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I can't post it, but the picture that is currently my desktop wallpaper is up there. Rudi has just scored his 2nd and is running towards the camera going "shhhh" and there are 6 Hibs players in the background in various poses of dejection. I love that pic.

Thats still my desktop background

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Was just away to post that very sign. We need that somewhere at Tynie....its iconic

Definitely. I believe its in storage. Not sure how it could be incorporated given its size etc.

letsalldothebeattie
11 hours ago, Jamborossco said:

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I reckon this may be the latest iconic hearts picture

12968EC4-ABA3-4AA0-ACAE-F8D10AC62363.jpeg

Absolutely

There’s one I love from Fester Road after Derek O’Connor scored last minute winner

Emblazoned on T-Shirts at the time

Frankie says............ Hearts 2 Hibs 1

Old thread obvs, but I can’t see the pic of Locke and Baggio lifting the Cup anywhere. Maybe not as iconic as the shot of Robbo a couple of minutes later, but I still have it framed on my study wall (alongside Zal lifting it in 2006, and Rudi doing the same in 2012)

I'm not gonna dig it out but there's one of a guy, I'm sure he posts on here with his head in his hands at Dens. Whenever I think of that day this image comes into my mind. I started following Hearts in 83-84 and my rollercoaster with them really begins with that awful day. There have been so many highs since then, yesterday was another one, finally shutting those mupps up again. I'd post the Dens one, but I don't wanna see it, bookended with the Robbo with the cup one. That really sums up me and Hearts. The lowest low I've ever experienced as a football fan and the highest high. Even 2012 doesn't touch 98 for me. I also love any Gowser celebration and the Rudi "loser" one.

13 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Definitely. I believe its in storage. Not sure how it could be incorporated given its size etc.

Is it to big to fit on the end of the Roseburn or NMS or similar? Its not from what I remember... I think it would be a mistake to have it publicly accesible esp when you consider all the graffiti that was mentioned elsewhere. Maybe the only kind of option is framed and laid in the plaza or road into Tynecastle something along those lines.... 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is it to big to fit on the end of the Roseburn or NMS or similar? Its not from what I remember... I think it would be a mistake to have it publicly accesible esp when you consider all the graffiti that was mentioned elsewhere. Maybe the only kind of option is framed and laid in the plaza or road into Tynecastle something along those lines.... 

Honestly don't know. I was wondering if it would be too big to be put on the facade of the undercroft should we develop the talked about bars etc. That way perhaps 'inside' the ground and not accessible but I'm no expert on these things so have no idea if that would be a starter. 

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm not gonna dig it out but there's one of a guy, I'm sure he posts on here with his head in his hands at Dens. Whenever I think of that day this image comes into my mind. I started following Hearts in 83-84 and my rollercoaster with them really begins with that awful day. There have been so many highs since then, yesterday was another one, finally shutting those mupps up again. I'd post the Dens one, but I don't wanna see it, bookended with the Robbo with the cup one. That really sums up me and Hearts. The lowest low I've ever experienced as a football fan and the highest high. Even 2012 doesn't touch 98 for me. I also love any Gowser celebration and the Rudi "loser" one.

This post proper resonates with me , first game my dad took me too was 4th September 84 LC quarter final Roddie MacDonald with the winner. After that he took me regularly home and away and after the Utd away game with THAT Robbo goal which we watched in the Utd main stand as guests of Malpas where my dad and I got pelters for not being able to contain our emotions it felt like nothing could touch us. Queue Dens and the rollercoaster to 1998 tears of pain to tears of joy for many people and many highs and lows. Iv been lucky enough to achieve things on the other side of it in relation to Hearts that I consider an honour and privilege but that post also sums me and Hearts as a fan up superbly. 

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Honestly don't know. I was wondering if it would be too big to be put on the facade of the undercroft should we develop the talked about bars etc. That way perhaps 'inside' the ground and not accessible but I'm no expert on these things so have no idea if that would be a starter. 

Me neither , it certainly is up there with the mosaic etc that should be incorporated at a redeveloped Tynie

6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Old thread obvs, but I can’t see the pic of Locke and Baggio lifting the Cup anywhere. Maybe not as iconic as the shot of Robbo a couple of minutes later, but I still have it framed on my study wall (alongside Zal lifting it in 2006, and Rudi doing the same in 2012)

So many great ones from that day/weekend. One that will forever be remembered. 

Image result for heart of midlothian fans parkhead 1998

Image result for hearts 2 rangers 1 scottish cup final

Image result for hearts 2 rangers 1 scottish cup final

Image result for hearts 1998 scottish cup headlines famine over