• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• dannymack

• Hendricks

• martoon

John Cumming with his bandaged head at the 1956 cup final or Robbo holding the cup with his other hand on his heart at the 98 cup final

John Cumming with his bandaged head at the 1956 cup final or Robbo holding the cup with his other hand on his heart at the 98 cup final

This.

ToadKiller Dog

Yeah the John Cummings photo says all about what it means to pull on the hearts shirt .

Rudi's cup final one is iconic also but in a different way as is Fozzie on the Fence or Robo .

Either the Foster one or Rudi with the Cup(on my phone so cant post pics)

Robbo hand on heart with the Cup for me!!

The 'other' Rudi and cup pic - side on close up view.

Goal machine and legend Skacel with lemon chewing leg end Petrie in the background!

:58:

:qqb007:

Some good ones ...

hearts-image-1-996471305.jpg

10.jpg

2_5.jpg

The first picture as im in with my family at the side of Blackie's head.. Hands over my mouth for some reason (no stupid comments please ) :rolleyes:

Got to be that.

Bert Le Clos

All good suggestions, but when I think of photos and Hearts, Foster will always be the first one I think of.

Other ones not mentioned;

1998051601.jpg0,,10289~3604244,00.jpg1998051602.jpg

StephaneAdam.jpg0,,10289~3604284,00.jpg0,,10289~447810,00.jpg

Bert Le Clos

And other personal faves

_41513622_hart3ley300.jpg50286_148942328479294_2569351_n.jpg3514730083.jpgcraig-beattie-176477082.jpgart-svMCGOWAN-420x0.jpg

And obviously

zmli68.jpg

Edited by Kim Jong Il

Victor Meldrew

I was saying to my wife yesterday that I thought the picture of Rudi with the Cup is possibly the best Hearts picture ever. It is a picture of sheer, unbridled joy. The Hearts cup-winning legend with the background of a magnificent support. Awesome.

Derek o'Connor after scoring at the piggery.

with jimmy bone mid-flight? magic pic............ even better if it had been in colour.

Hearts Heritage

I don't think there is a single 'most' iconic though everyone has their 'favourite(s)'

I'll post up a selection

My favourite strip the very first one

1875-7601.jpg

PsychocAndy

1891-9202.jpg

I've heard of referees being "homers" but getting your picture taken in the team photo is pretty blatant.

Robbo hand on heart. I also love that photo of Adam on his knees after he's scored the second goal - I was level with him and that was when I started to believe that I'd finally see us win a trophy.

colinmaroon

Having been there as a kid in '56 and, therefore, a lot of possibilities over the next 50+ years, for example, my uncle had a photo of Alex Young walking off the pitch at Easter Road with the ball stuffed up his jersey after scoring a hat-trick against Hibs in the Ne'erday game and holding up his fingers, giving the score - and the score:

Answers on a postcard!!!

When my Uncle George passed away I asked my Aunt if I could have a look through his photos to see if I could find it but, sadly, no go. I would love to have that because it was a game that, at 13 years old, is one of those things that are easier to remember than last week!

Conclusion: John Cumming is the stand out - the stuff of legends not just because of the photo but also because of the classic, "Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey!"

maroonlegions

I don't think there is a single 'most' iconic though everyone has their 'favourite(s)'

I'll post up a selection

1875-7601.jpg

Aye ,manly men in those days , nae pouncing aboot in fancy night clubs and demanding extortionate wages .

TheMaganator

I'll post up a selection

1875-7601.jpg

The chap 2nd from left must have lost a bet as his strip seems to have the outline of a massive boaby on it.

The chap 2nd from left must have lost a bet as his strip seems to have the outline of a massive boaby on it.

I thought exatly the same thing!! Haha!

Hearts Heritage

Look at all the cross faces and folded arms behind Zal.

:pleasing:

:verysmug:

That side was the Hibs' corporate hospitality,

That side was the Hibs' corporate hospitality,

Fair play at least they stayed longer than the rest and actually saw the Scottish Cup being lifted........one to tell the grandkids :)

And other personal faves

_41513622_hart3ley300.jpg50286_148942328479294_2569351_n.jpg3514730083.jpgcraig-beattie-176477082.jpgart-svMCGOWAN-420x0.jpg

And obviously

zmli68.jpg

Love that one with Lennon on his a**, hilarious!! I sat just along from that, thank goodness I'm not in pic, god only knows what I was doing at that moment :woot: