Children of Tefalism-The Game!

yvonnejambo

Where do we go from here? Seems the assassin is someone who has a little more sense this time unless they were not allowed a kill.

So shall we wait until we get some solid info from the masons?

For now I'll

vote Armiya Romanova

as I don't know how much I'll be able to get online tomorrow and he was in the thick of the action while there was a mass vote swingathon.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys.

Had a busy weekend and this is the first time I've been on since Friday I think.

The usual start to the game, cheerio townie:( but voting Jamie is a waste, as he virtually ties the noose himself in the next round anyway.

Oh well. Good to see the cop got a cult member. Hopefully they dont make it as obvious who they are as when I was the cop :oopsoops: and we lose them early.

ArmiyaRomanova

Interesting.

In previous games the cop or masons are usually fairly swift off the mark - usually incautiously - to finger whoever's been investigated and turned out bad overnight. And we know that the cop's already spotted a bad 'un.

But I'm a townie, and didn't join the cult overnight either.

So, what's Maxi playing at this game? He's unlikely to be cop or mason or he'd know that's a misplaced vote.

Be wary, he could be a goon trying to set himself up as the cop/mason.

And that's the most suspicious thing I've seen in this game so far, so I'm afraid for the moment, I'm going to vote right back.

VOTE : MAXIMUS

Well done assassin - no good guys exterminated.

Also well done cop - keep your powder relatively dry though, we don't want to lose you early doors.

Right then...the cop and masons know who one of the culties is...perhaps they can use that knowledge to hazard a guess as to who might be a likely recruit...

Oh, yeah...and since it's now day I can answer Flux's question.

No, I'm not the cop this time around.

In fact I'm not anything.

I'm just swithering as to whether the baddies might want to keep recruiting for their team to strengthen it rather than target roled townies...either way they're heading for victory :(

Interesting.

In previous games the cop or masons are usually fairly swift off the mark - usually incautiously - to finger whoever's been investigated and turned out bad overnight. And we know that the cop's already spotted a bad 'un.

But I'm a townie, and didn't join the cult overnight either.

So, what's Maxi playing at this game? He's unlikely to be cop or mason or he'd know that's a misplaced vote.

Be wary, he could be a goon trying to set himself up as the cop/mason.

And that's the most suspicious thing I've seen in this game so far, so I'm afraid for the moment, I'm going to vote right back.

VOTE : MAXIMUS

Got to say, I thought it was a little odd as well, he dived right in and I was going to vote for him, but then I thought "that might make me look like a goon, I'd better wait until we get a steer from the cop", sometimes these things become obvious.

But what the hell, your reasoning's sound and I think you might just know what you're talking about.

Vote Maximus

Evening All.

Apologies for my absence but I've had a busy day.

I'll away and play catch up but I see the cop got a bad dude which is a great start. I know who'd I'd have looked at if I was the cop so I will wait and see what develops and hopefully gain a wee clue.

Commander Harris

so all in all not a bad start, we lost a townie but, no disrespect to jamie, it could have been a bigger loss. The cop also managed to hit a goon so hopefully we'll be getting some clues soon, although I agree with boof - it might be more sensible to sit on that for the time being. well done to the assasin too- blooming sensible for a first night. no point in shooting in the dark at this early stage.

It's damn quiet about here at Half 4 of a morning! :)

The birds are singing away already!

stella_jambo

Not the worst start - Jamie is always gonna go early and we always lynch a townie first time round.

good news about the cop finding a goon - just need them to be subtle with the info.

I wonder what kind of person would the cult want? i reckon not a big player i.e. deek maximus doctor etc as they always have a bit of heat on them from past games (thats not to say they aint cult from the start). Also cant see them takin a chance on a new player so for me its gotta be a middle of the road player player.

no idea who that is tho.

workin all day so ill vote flux and then have a wee look later on

yvonnejambo

Votes so far

Maximus-2

AR-1

Flux-1

Deadline 10pm tonight

this is the voting from day 1

CH – SHP

The Doctor – Jamie

Beverley – milky_26

Deek – K1874M

Flux – Deek

CCP – K1874M

Milky_26 – Jamie

K1874M – Deek

Leesie_Driver – K1874M

DDLN – The Doctor

Jambolad – Jamie

Boof – The Doctor

Maximus – Jamie

ArmiyaRomanova – The Doctor

Stout – Jamie

Stella – Deek

MedicaoHearts – DDLN

SHP – CH

JennyJambo - Deek

no votes

Cigaro

Jamie

the following players changed their votes from the folowing

The Doctor - milky_26

Deek – JennyJambo

Flux – Jamie / The Doctor

CCP – leesie_driver

K1874M – Boof

DDLN – Jamie

Jambolad – Cigaro

Boof – Deek

Maximus – MedicoHearts / Deek

ArmiyaRomanova – DDLN / The Doctor / Deek

Stout – The Doctor

SHP – Jamie

If you had read my post I said I didn't think I'd be able to get online during the day today so was getting in early. As it happens I'm around until lunch time but I'll miss the quiet period between 1 and 8 - but I will be back for the deadline.

Don't think I'll change votes for now though :angry:

Boaby Ewing

It's looking like a busy day, with Champs League footie probably seeing me in the boozer tonight.

So I'll:

Vote: The Doctor again for now, in case I don't get a chance to look again. He voted for a dead townie anyway so it's not entirely without reason (though I'll admit it's pretty weak).

there is 3 or 4 people who are on my radar, one of them i am really drawn to,

being new to this i'm going to wait until later to see if anyone else has the same suspisions

theres 4 cult members now

So they get a recruitment at night this game as opposed to a kill?!

Christ this could get hard very quickly if we cant manage to get rid of them straight away.

Right I'm going in a bit.

I know I voted Deek yesterday but I now see that it was probably a mistake, I really don't think he is a player we want to lose at this stage so I would encourage you all to stear clear of him. AR is possibly another we should keep as he has a good record IF he is a townie. The reason I voted him was because he made a lot of votes in a short space of time, however this is something I often do myself when I'm pretty clueless about who is who, as I am now.

unvote Armiya Romanova

I'm a good guy, again, I just don't know how to play it since there are going to be recruits basically every night. Incase I don't get the chance to later I will stick my vote in on someone who has been too quiet so far IMO;

vote JennyJambo

Mmmm a cheeky wee vote for me there!

I have been quiet but to be fair I spent most of yesterday at the hospital! And I was here at 4.30 this morning...where were the rest of you then eh?

I'm not sure what way to go. We don't know even know if the cop or masons have voted yet and it's pretty split right now. I'll wait till later on I think.

Commander Harris

I'm not sure what way to go. We don't know even know if the cop or masons have voted yet and it's pretty split right now. I'll wait till later on I think.

that's my thinking too. going to wait and see how things play out. I suspect we could have a very interesting last hour or so.

maximus nad AR were both a bit too keen to get the first vote in this morning...

Is one of them maybe the cop?

ArmiyaRomanova
maximus nad AR were both a bit too keen to get the first vote in this morning...

Not quite true - Maximus, no doubt about it.

I'm aware how agendas can be set early in the day though, so felt I had to respond immediately - otherwise I'd have held fire and considered. Still, plenty of time to change my vote if need be.

ArmiyaRomanova

I'm not.

I think Maximus may have been trying to give that impression though. Either that or a Mason.

However, I don't think he's either - if he were, he'd have known that whoever the cop investigated and found dodgy, it wasn't me.

But if I come under fire later on today and survive, I'm happy for the cop to investigate me tonight.

I'd've hoped they'd be a bit more subtle about it than that, though there could be overt subtlety...or have I just made that up?

Absolutely nothing on my radar and with the cult recruiting nightly we're gonna be goosed pretty soon I reckon. Any chance the cop could get 2 investigates a night - especially since a previous check could turn bad?

In case I'm not on before deadline I think I'll vote ColinCameron'sPenalty - simply because he hasn't done anything to look guilty and therefore shouldn't attract heat from anybody else - except a goon (unless he is one).

Gaaaah - if I knew whether or not the cop used Boof's law of information-sharing I'd know whether or not to trust the person just above me in the list.

Even if we have a list...in fact I think I'll make one....but it'll have to wait a minute or two.

I'd've hoped they'd be a bit more subtle about it than that, though there could be overt subtlety...or have I just made that up?

Absolutely nothing on my radar and with the cult recruiting nightly we're gonna be goosed pretty soon I reckon. Any chance the cop could get 2 investigates a night - especially since a previous check could turn bad?

In case I'm not on before deadline I think I'll vote ColinCameron'sPenalty - simply because he hasn't done anything to look guilty and therefore shouldn't attract heat from anybody else - except a goon (unless he is one).

Gaaaah - if I knew whether or not the cop used Boof's law of information-sharing I'd know whether or not to trust the person just above me in the list.

Even if we have a list...in fact I think I'll make one....but it'll have to wait a minute or two.

haha your vote doesnt count coz i dont have an apostrophe or capitals in my name :)

Not quite true - Maximus, no doubt about it.

I'm aware how agendas can be set early in the day though, so felt I had to respond immediately - otherwise I'd have held fire and considered. Still, plenty of time to change my vote if need be.

hmmm.

if your correct then we can assume he has a role of some sort, whether its a good or bad one is a nother questiomn altogether

If you could trust the person above you on the list, that would mean they had investigated you and found you to be a goon.

Or have I picked that up wrong?

A Commander Harris

B The Doctor

C Beverley

Deek

F Flux

G CCP

H milky_26

I Cigaro

Jamie

K1874M

Leesie_Driver

MDDLN

N - Jambolad

bOofter

P Maximus

RmiyaRomanova

Stout

T - stella

V - MedicoHearts

XSHP

JennyJambo

There you go.

If the idea has been used, then the masons should know who the cop is.

And, again, if the idea has been used I know that JamboLad isn't the cop.

In case the cop didn't use the rule, could I suggest that he does.

Oof!! I was gonna say that the cop should check the person above them on the list tonight, but if that turns out to be a goon then they'd surely be able to work out who the cop is and whack 'em.

If you could trust the person above you on the list, that would mean they had investigated you and found you to be a goon.

Or have I picked that up wrong?

Did I say trust? Sorry, in a bit of a rush at the mo'...what I meant was that if the rule had been used, I'd know JLad isn't the cop since I know I'm not a goon.

BoJack Horseman

If you get recruited to the cult do you have to join? Or can we choose to stay as townies?

Boaby Ewing

I think the cop has to time their intervention right - too early, and we won't have much to go on once he's gone (apart from one kill).

Too late, in this version of mafia, and the odds will be too stacked against the townfolk. I'd say third or fourth day is probably best, as if we don't start taking out cult freaks early, the game'll be up (and any cop investigations into previous townies might no longer hold true anyway).

ArmiyaRomanova
If you get recruited to the cult do you have to join? Or can we choose to stay as townies?

You're gone to the dark side, no coming back.

Worshipping a domestic iron.... Pfft.

Commander Harris
I think the cop has to time their intervention right - too early, and we won't have much to go on once he's gone (apart from one kill).

Too late, in this version of mafia, and the odds will be too stacked against the townfolk. I'd say third or fourth day is probably best, as if we don't start taking out cult freaks early, the game'll be up (and any cop investigations into previous townies might no longer hold true anyway).

a fair point, I suppose it's all about balance and calculating the risk either way. Although the masons will have the results so at least someone will have some info.

Boaby Ewing

a fair point, I suppose it's all about balance and calculating the risk either way. Although the masons will have the results so at least someone will have some info.

We'll see how this game pans out but I think the cults ability to recruit every night will make it almost impossible to win - do they get to recruit if one of them is killed?

If so, that's something that might need to be changed for the next one -i.e. the cult tried to recruit a member, but were thrown into dissaray after HMFC Jamie, cult member, was offed by the angry town folk.

Boaby Ewing

Cult v Town - worst case scenario i.e. we kill only townies, and the cult recruit only vanilla townies.

Start: 3 v 12

Day 2: 4 v 10

Day 3: 5 v 8

Day 4: 6 v 6

Yvonne, can you confirm the cult don't get to recruit a townie if we kill one of them during the night (and also clarify what happens if the assassin kills one of them). Otherwise I'm not sure this can work.

yvonnejambo

Ok I will make it if a cult member is lynched during the day they cant recruit that night.

Remember the assassin and the gossips who if play clever can help the town win.

yeah people are forgetting about the gossips, although as with the assassin they could be more of a hindrance than a help!!

Boaby Ewing
Ok I will make it if a cult member is lynched during the day they cant recruit that night.

Remember the assassin and the gossips who if play clever can help the town win.

Do they get to recruit if the assassin offs one of them during the night?

yvonnejambo
You're gone to the dark side, no coming back.

Worshipping a domestic iron.... Pfft.

Not just any iron! This is a fetching cult tshirt. Another freebie to new recruits. :)

culttshirt.jpg

yvonnejambo
Do they get to recruit if the assassin offs one of them during the night?

Yip as the night time order is Doc,cop, cult,assassin then gossips. The gossips can be recruited but the others cant.

Boaby Ewing

I'd just like to point out I've probably saved a minimum of three townies there.

Hey peoples, on a tea break.

Sorry I did read your thread Jenny but it never registered that it may be the reason you have been so quiet :)

unvote JennyJambo

I'll be back to save the day around 8, missing you guys already.....

ArmiyaRomanova

SHP and Commander Harris with two quickfire votes for me - and no reasoning behind either of them, classic goon behaviour.

Worried that their goon chum Maximus might be in a spot of bother?

Commander Harris

I'm flying solo here, can't speak for shp.

I've got nothing concrete or else I would have given a reason, it's just down to a feeling I'm getting from your posts rather than anything else. I've got to vote for someone and your one of the only posters that have got my spidey senses tingling.

happy to unvote later if any suspicious behaviour appears or if we get any clues from the "rolies".

ArmiyaRomanova
I'm flying solo here, can't speak for shp.

I've got nothing concrete or else I would have given a reason, it's just down to a feeling I'm getting from your posts rather than anything else. I've got to vote for someone and your one of the only posters that have got my spidey senses tingling.

happy to unvote later if any suspicious behaviour appears or if we get any clues from the "rolies".

S'okay then - as long as you're happy with being targeted as a goon when it becomes apparent I'm a townie.

Commander Harris

I'm happy that I've made the best vote I can do with the information I have at this time. I could vote someone else and, due to the numbers involved, they could easily turn out to be a goodie - If I abstained from voting if I wasn't 100% sure every time simply because I didn't want to accuse a townie I'd hardly ever vote and end up being mod-killed!

Archived