Children of Tefalism-The Game!

yvonnejambo

I'd offer to co-run it as nobody's gonna believe a word I say ever again :laugh:

Put some ideas down and PM me and we'll see what we can put together.

Armiya's also got a good eye for potential pitfalls in running a game.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya feckin' eejit Kenny!

The assassin was unable to kill their victim on two occassions - as they were the gossip (that was the bit that was confusing the buggery out of me).

Aye but he managed to kill his first victim without problem. Even when it was so obvious that he was a mason. Two games in a row and all you can do is kill innocents.

If you are assassin again you will be so easy to spot.;)

That was a good game. I reckon if you were Townie it must've been hard.

Well done Boof and Medico who had to play without me yesterday!

I toiled in that game...my plan was to stay as quiet as I could...which ain't usually like me! Still it seemed to work. Think I got two votes all game and one of them was from Maxi!

Cheers, Vonny.:)

Commander Harris
The cop was pretty good investigating the two masons :D

yup, sorry guys. worst cop performance ever. :(

Commander Harris

yeah, the only time it's actually better not to hit a goon! (if we're using boofs method)

I've said it twice before and I'll say it again to anyone running future games - Masons should be abolished in Mafia games (and in general)! It totally ruins the role of cop and gives an unfair advantage to the town. When you think about it having a cop and doctor is advantage enough and that should be balanced out by a framer and/or assassin/serial killer. The cop should be the only informed townie and should use the information tactically, having a group of people who get the investigation results spoils that concept. And FFS stop posting results of protections/investigations on the thread :angry:

Disagree with you re the masons Maximus - the town usually find it hard enough without the added difficulty of no-one, other than the cop, knowing the results. The skill is in getting the information out believably but subtly enough that the goons don't pick up on their identities.

Agree re the info posted though - at most, it should be enough to say the cop investigated a roled/unroled player, ditto the doc.

I'm going on what is generally accepted by the mafiagame site and having seen it action in our games I tend to agree with them, masons are a poor addition. The main reason we have seen some poor performances from the town is that we play to short deadlines, that is ultimately what usually throws the game into the hands of the mafia, having masons makes little difference in that regard. Obviously if you are calling time on voting before anything near a majority, allowing people to be voted on as little as 2 or 3 votes when there are still as many as 10-20 players, it's going to make it a piece of pish from a mafia POV. If you want to make it fairer then I suggest reducing the amount of goons or adding a SK or assassin, other than that playing smaller games would maybe help as we often have too many people not posting. Also, recruitment element does not work and removes a lot of the fun/skill, from both sides, townie and mafia tbh. I've seen that from both playing and modding these type of games.

The fact I'm here discussing the finer points of mafia shows how little I've got on at the moment :(

Ah, yes...deadlines.

Only imposed for those who are too impatient for things to take as long as they need.

Maybe that's what needs changing....and the signer-uppers not bothering to post once they find out they're simply townies. Grrrr...just don't do it :mad:

Boaby Ewing
Ah, yes...deadlines.

Only imposed for those who are too impatient for things to take as long as they need.

Maybe that's what needs changing....and the signer-uppers not bothering to post once they find out they're simply townies. Grrrr...just don't do it :mad:

Deek's last two games with harsh modkills for non-contributors, frequent deadlines, and not too many players have been the best versions.

Any game that takes more than a week generally fizzles out over the weekend when not as many folk are around to post.

And the rules need to be solid - I enjoyed Yvonne's game, but I must have missed the bit where the gossips were able to protect themselves and other players once they were bad.

Deek's last two games with harsh modkills for non-contributors, frequent deadlines, and not too many players have been the best versions.

Any game that takes more than a week generally fizzles out over the weekend when not as many folk are around to post.

And the rules need to be solid - I enjoyed Yvonne's game, but I must have missed the bit where the gossips were able to protect themselves and other players once they were bad.

Can I do another one please, very quick game, four nights maximum.:)

Yes please, I'd be up for that if it is just mafia, cop, doc, townies much betterer that way IMO.

Seriously tempted to revive the heroes format now :)

BoJack Horseman
Yes please, I'd be up for that if it is just mafia, cop, doc, townies much betterer that way IMO.

Seriously tempted to revive the heroes format now :)

What's the heroes format?

It has more roles than there are masons in the local temple on ladies night kissing the third degree.

ArmiyaRomanova

Incredibly convoluted, with both good and bad players having a variety of 'powers' overnight.

Probably fun to moderate the overnights, but incomprehensible for players until there's only a few folk left.

Well, it was for me anyway, not ashamed to admit that.

stella_jambo

hereos was better as more folk got a role keeping more players active.

i think im addicted to mafia even if i am pretty rubbish - had a few good games but i always seem to die on nights 4 or 5.

yvonnejambo

I think short games with tight deadlines are the best, but I also like players to have roles or at least could have a potential role if recruited. I have been a plain townie for the majority of games I have played in and unless the deadlines are tight it can be pretty dull. People should be forced to vote as its far to easy for the goons to sit back and not take part or the flip side the plain townies get bored and dont post enough.

The last 2 games I have run have been experimental and both have had pros and cons.

Anyway Deek where is your sign up thread? Or Cigaro and Boof are you doing a game?

I think short games with tight deadlines are the best, but I also like players to have roles or at least could have a potential role if recruited. I have been a plain townie for the majority of games I have played in and unless the deadlines are tight it can be pretty dull. People should be forced to vote as its far to easy for the goons to sit back and not take part or the flip side the plain townies get bored and dont post enough.

The last 2 games I have run have been experimental and both have had pros and cons.

Anyway Deek where is your sign up thread? Or Cigaro and Boof are you doing a game?

I dont think mine would work tbh.

I've not had time to work it all out and might not for a while, so if someone else is willing to run one in the mean time, go for it.

Im getting withdrawal symptoms.

Archived