Mark McGhee

jock _turd

Can anybody give me a reason why he is so highly rated ? I must say that I don't know a great deal about him, and please correct me if I am wrong, but he seems to have been punted more times than a football at Murryfield. Is his stock based soley on his recent form with Motherwell? As far as I can see he's done nothing outstanding down the years but I must be wrong because all I am hearing is Mark F'n McGhee. If its about making something out of nothing then the name we should be hearing is Craig Levein.... surely! Honest question and not simpley a wind up. What is his qualification for us let alone the job as national manager?

oh ah grantona

he has turned a club who were almost relagated into european place team, And he comes across as a good knowlodgeble football person, he was in germany doing what i dont know

He's been ok in a league where everyone else who matters has been pash for 5 months apart from that hes done **** everywhere else.

he has turned a club who were almost relagated into european place team, And he comes across as a good knowlodgeble football person, he was in germany doing what i dont know

Meeting Vlad?

:P

Graham Thomson

I agree, he comes across very well, and has done a remarkable job with Motherwell, the only sure thing about being a manager is, one day you will get the sack, bu i rate him highly

Thig Ar Latha

When he first went into management he had a very good Team at Wolves and just missed out on promotion to the Premiership almost every season, IIRC. A very good Manager.

look @ the league table ... then research Motherwells squad and then budget for bringing in new players. Then compare to all other clubs and there is your answer.

As well as being a talented football coach, he comes over as a decent person who shows respect for others.

There aren't too many of them going about at Riccarton.

Buffalo Bill

So The consensus is that he's the man fair enough. He is obviously a strong contender. I just look at what Craig has done with the dross at Dundee Utd and think "I'd have him infront of any of the names mentioned so far".

I enjoy watching the way Motherwell play their football. Good passing team. Who has installed this way of playing...Mark McGhee. Maybe some of you fans prefered Motherwell under Butcher. I know which kind of football I like watching more.

Can anybody give me a reason why he is so highly rated ? I must say that I don't know a great deal about him, and please correct me if I am wrong, but he seems to have been punted more times than a football at Murryfield. Is his stock based soley on his recent form with Motherwell? As far as I can see he's done nothing outstanding down the years but I must be wrong because all I am hearing is Mark F'n McGhee. If its about making something out of nothing then the name we should be hearing is Craig Levein.... surely! Honest question and not simpley a wind up. What is his qualification for us let alone the job as national manager?

"His biggest successes as a manager include winning the Division Two title with Reading in 1994 and Millwall in 2001, as well as reaching the FA Cup semi final with Wolves in 1998. He also won the Division Two playoffs with Brighton in 2004."

says it all really ! i have nothing against him at all but i have to agree with the op! This is the man who could not even get a interview for the hibs job last year ! FFS, we are suppose to be creaming our pants over him?

The point is CL has being more sucessful over a longer period of time yet and is still over looked for the national job ! SFA are a fecking joke and i wish we could just sack the lot of them.

Archived