Riot in Musselburgh

duckandcover

PsychocAndy

Wasn't aimed at you. I was more talking about life goals. Probably would've been better saying I'd rather be a "Scummy" singer than a "Middle-class" Office Worker.

OK no problems, but since I've been unable to work since late 1984 I suppose I'd settle for being an Office Worker.

Also "Hats off To The Buskers" is a fabulous LP and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, I might even fish it out over the next couple of days.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Private Hudson

Aye some guy with a machete or something made an appearance in the moorings not too long ago :vrface:

Was in the tap last Friday during the day. I like that pub. Shame that for a nice looking town it's full of wee arseholes that only go to the pub to get in a fight/trampy wee lassies who go fighting too :vrface:

laugh.gif Aye that sounds like The Moorings. Jesus. Good when you're obviously underage and nowhere else'll have you, but my god, the sense of impending danger was thicker than their lunchtime soup.

Bert Le Clos

Aye, whenever I go back to visit family I'm regaled with ever more charming tales of random violence that have been perpetrated in recent times. The Tap was always a nice place to drink. Everywhere else was a bit of a bearpit even then. The Hawes was cool until they bistro'd it.

:lies:

There's only been 3 violent incidents in Tranent in many, many years according to Bunter.

There's only been 3 violent incidents in Tranent in many, many years according to Bunter.

We've moved on to the wonderful "ferry" now, do keep up :lol:

Gregory House M.D.

We've moved on to the wonderful "ferry" now, do keep up :lol:

Get a trade son, you will go far, you've got a house in The Ferry and a new guitar...

One from my glorious Songs.

Is Bunter not single handedly claiming that all crime in Tranent is carried out by people who populate other areas and just go to Tranent to cause trouble and give it a bad name??

Gregory House M.D.

Is Bunter not single handedly claiming that all crime in Tranent is carried out by people who populate other areas and just go to Tranent to cause trouble and give it a bad name??

I merely stated that the last two Tranent murders were people from outwith god's back garden.

Them's the facts Floyd.

Bert Le Clos

I merely stated that the last two Tranent murders were people from outwith god's back garden.

Them's the facts Floyd.

You posted about 3 incidents, then named several in Musselburgh, implying that the events in Tranent were some sort of glitch in the matrix of peace, love and good-will expressed by everyone to everyone in Tranent. You then compounded that by blaming 2 murders on people from outwith Tranent.

I might just up sticks to Afghanistan. Half the murders there are committed by non-Afghans, sounds like Eden.

Care to comment on the several other violent incidents other folk have posted about? Or can they all be blamed on the new flats that have been built too? Just admit it Bunter, Tranent is every bit as dodgy as parts of Musselburgh.

Get a trade son, you will go far, you've got a house in The Ferry and a new guitar...

That you have just misquoted!!! :facepalm:

Is the correct lyrics not as follows: "Superstar tradesman, stand at the bar, get a trade son, you will go far, YOU HAVE A HOUSE IN THE FERRY, and a new guitar"

The bit in CAPS is the bit you got wrong........ :facepalm:

HTH :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Does it really matter where the people who were murdered or committed the murder came from?

Surely the fact they all seem to be moving to this alleged haven of peace and tranquility and then committing these heinous crimes says enough about the area rather than where they came from.

Think that has more to do with paranoia than anything else TBH. Folk hear stories about a place then look out for all the bad stuff. Even if it is completely in their own head.

I've never once seen a fight in Tranent that anybody actually relished jumping into.

If you walk about looking down your nose at folk with shite stories you've heard in Edinburgh however, you shouldn't expect a hospitable reception.

I'd feel safer walking the streets of Tranent, Prestonpans and Musselburgh than walking any street in Edinburgh TBH.

I live in East Lothian and have witnessed, visited, drank in the places being discussed. I also grew up in what is considered one of the worst parts of Edinburgh so no, I don't go looking down my nose at anyone.

The rest if your post belies the fact that it is you that seems to get a perverse amount of enjoyment out of judging and downing people should they not come from, or share your love of the utopian, shining beacon of civilisation and world heritage centre that is Tranent. You know, if you perhaps had an identity of your own, Kyle, you might not feel the need to form such an attachment to the place you are domiciled in!

Guest Alex Guttenplan

**** off loretto is not a private school is it :rofl: :rofl:

worst private school ever.

Makes me glad to be a West Lothian boy. We'll murder you, but we need a reason, since we're all related. Our shitholes are far better than your shitholes.

laugh.gif Aye that sounds like The Moorings. Jesus. Good when you're obviously underage and nowhere else'll have you, but my god, the sense of impending danger was thicker than their lunchtime soup.

C'mon G the ferry is not that bad, you used to kick about with me :lol:.

Aye some guy with a machete or something made an appearance in the moorings not too long ago :vrface:

Was in the tap last Friday during the day. I like that pub. Shame that for a nice looking town it's full of wee arseholes that only go to the pub to get in a fight/trampy wee lassies who go fighting too :vrface:

Apart from the machete incident :ninja: I've not seen much else happening in the Ferry.

Hmfctrickett

Awwww my wee gran lives in Musselburgh,, has done since she was moved out a prefab in 1953!! Away up stoneybank! It used to be a nice area and down the street used to be great for a wee shopping trip with her. I'm almost 26 now, her street has the occasional mad junkie put in by the wonderful council, the bus to get down the street is full of total jakies, an there is trouble down the street every other night. I can't ever remember it being this bad :-/

Used to love comin over to hers during school holidays, now When I drive over I have to lock my pishy cd's in the boot incase the cars done over again...not good! The last time all they got was a vengaboys cd...I SHIT U NOT! :) animals haha!!!

Private Hudson

C'mon G the ferry is not that bad, you used to kick about with me :lol:.

My point beautifully illustrated! laugh.gif

I'll never forget the night of the Ferry Fair one year seeing Mike staggering past the me at the bus stop across from the Police station holding his head together wi his hands after some mental case had set about him wi a hammer in the Moorings. Halcyon days. laugh.gif

Ma Gran got woken up a while back by the Armed Police Response Unit busting up a dealer's house on her street. It was like The Wire. Except instead of Stringer Bell it was Shuggy Bellend! I really dinnae remember anything that mental happening 20-odd years ago.

Lovin the name change by the way!

joe.gausden

Awwww my wee gran lives in Musselburgh,, has done since she was moved out a prefab in 1953!! Away up stoneybank! It used to be a nice area and down the street used to be great for a wee shopping trip with her. I'm almost 26 now, her street has the occasional mad junkie put in by the wonderful council, the bus to get down the street is full of total jakies, an there is trouble down the street every other night. I can't ever remember it being this bad :-/

Used to love comin over to hers during school holidays, now When I drive over I have to lock my pishy cd's in the boot incase the cars done over again...not good! The last time all they got was a vengaboys cd...I SHIT U NOT! :) animals haha!!!

Don't know whats worse.........the jakies and junkies near your grans ......................or the fact you had a vengaboys CD in the first place! :lol:

Angry Haggis

I'll never forget the night of the Ferry Fair one year seeing Mike staggering past the me at the bus stop across from the Police station holding his head together wi his hands after some mental case had set about him wi a hammer in the Moorings. Halcyon days. laugh.gif

Ma Gran got woken up a while back by the Armed Police Response Unit busting up a dealer's house on her street. It was like The Wire. Except instead of Stringer Bell it was Shuggy Bellend! I really dinnae remember anything that mental happening 20-odd years ago.

Class.

:rofl: :rofl:

I mind a couple of years back when that m-kat stuff was all the craze and the two bridges tried to turn itself into some sort of place for the youngsters, it was full of folk snorting it in the toilets :rofl:

Place was no longer allowed to run as that sort of place and everyone moved onto Antico. Needless to say, it wasn't long before they were all turfed out of there for taking drugs in the toilets :vrface:

My favourite moorings story from the handful of times I had the pleasure of going was ferry fair weekend (deserves a :vrface: itself)

The song "umbrella" came on and some guy gave myself and my friend an umbrella. We were steaming and thought this was great, started dancing with the umbrella only for the most petrifying girl ever (we're talking huge, walks with a swagger, big deep voice) comes up and shouts in my face "GIVE ME MY ******* UMBRELLA BACK." I was so scared that I practically threw it at her then made a swift exit...I'm definitely not the fighting type :lol:

Private Hudson

:rofl: :rofl:

I mind a couple of years back when that m-kat stuff was all the craze and the two bridges tried to turn itself into some sort of place for the youngsters, it was full of folk snorting it in the toilets :rofl:

Place was no longer allowed to run as that sort of place and everyone moved onto Antico. Needless to say, it wasn't long before they were all turfed out of there for taking drugs in the toilets :vrface:

My favourite moorings story from the handful of times I had the pleasure of going was ferry fair weekend (deserves a :vrface: itself)

The song "umbrella" came on and some guy gave myself and my friend an umbrella. We were steaming and thought this was great, started dancing with the umbrella only for the most petrifying girl ever (we're talking huge, walks with a swagger, big deep voice) comes up and shouts in my face "GIVE ME MY ******* UMBRELLA BACK." I was so scared that I practically threw it at her then made a swift exit...I'm definitely not the fighting type :lol:

laugh.gif To be fair ma Mother paid a lot of money for that brolly and ma Dad shouldnae be doin things like that. angry.gif

The Moorings and the Ferry Fair seem to have some kind of symbiotic relationship where once a year utter zoomers feel compelled to show up there and set about anyone they don't know. Although that could be any night to be fair.

There's also the story of the highly promising local young boxer who was doing really well, and still is I think, cannae remember his name. Anyway, because he had the dual problems of being good at fighting and just good at anything generally, got jumped by numerous brave young 'men' and battered. No doubt they felt quite the warriors after that.

Wrong ferry :thumbsup:

I was taught a lesson by these cobbled streets, that it's the company you keep not the people you meet ;)

Gregory House M.D.

Wrong ferry :thumbsup:

I was taught a lesson by these cobbled streets, that it's the company you keep not the people you meet ;)

It'll apply to whatever Ferry I want it tae right. :lol:

It'll apply to whatever Ferry I want it tae right. :lol:

Not like you to misquote lyrics Bunter is it???

:rolleyes:

Gregory House M.D.

Not like you to misquote lyrics Bunter is it???

:rolleyes:

A bit easier to quote a lyric spot on when you're reading it off the Internet like your good self Floyd :rolleyes:

And it wasn't misquoted. It was used outwith it's actual meaning purely due to the reply being to a post about "The Ferry".

Not like you to attempt to pointscore over second hand pedantry you failed to spot Floyd Old Chap.. :smuggy:

A bit easier to quote a lyric spot on when you're reading it off the Internet like your good self Floyd :rolleyes:

And it wasn't misquoted. It was used outwith it's actual meaning purely due to the reply being to a post about "The Ferry".

Not like you to attempt to pointscore over second hand pedantry you failed to spot Floyd Old Chap.. :smuggy:

:facepalm:

I would refer you to my earlier post when you attempted to claim a lyric as your own, before misquoting it.

Surely if you claim it as one of your own then you should know it?? :whistling:

HampdenHearts

Change your username big yin, You're destroying my man love for the view.

Gregory House M.D.

Change your username big yin, You're destroying my man love for the view.

Oh the banter. Don't mind if I don't give a ****. Wee man.

Archived