torrent - movie advice??

easty1985

i have downloaded a few movies recently- but they have played a message on the screen, saying that it can only be played on a certain type of media player-

is this a load of bollocks?? are they just trying to get me to download a crap player- or will the movie work??

Bit more info required, but they are probably scams, u will be sent to a website where u will probably have to pay for the media player and then the file will be **** anyway. Or worse it could infect your computer, dont download anything you are not sure of.

Are you downloading from a reliable source ie a site that u have had to be invited to?

What do the comments say from other people who have downloaded the file previously?

Bit more info required, but they are probably scams, u will be sent to a website where u will probably have to pay for the media player and then the file will be **** anyway. Or worse it could infect your computer, dont download anything you are not sure of.

Are you downloading from a reliable source ie a site that u have had to be invited to?

What do the comments say from other people who have downloaded the file previously?

nah i just use the public sites- isohunt etc.

anyone got any invites for good private sites? could do with one

Sorry guys I just use torrentleach and invites have been shut off for a good while now.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=694

this thread has some sites people are recommending tbh I don't no how good they are.

If you can get an invite to scenetorrents then get it, you will max out your connection speed on your downloads. Unfortunately my ratio isn't high enough to get invites.

A wee bit of advice on mininova and isohunt is to always read the comments.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Mininova.org is a good site, usually a lot of comments on the more popular torrents, and although there are some fakes, They are vetted better than most open sites.

Thepiratebay.org should be good though, I have never personally used it, But i like the guys that run it... Look at their 'legal' section :)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I exclusively use http://www.tvfreeload.com/

I gave up on torrents a while back as they were too unreliable and slow

Most of the links there are for sites like rapidshare or megaupload which charge a nominal membership to allow you full access.

I've had some crackers off megaupload ie full dvd screener for No Country for Old Men about a week ago, American Gangster and the full second series of Heroes and Dexter

Archived