1970'S Badge

Dougie Masterton

Gregory House M.D.

Wrong thread :vrface::lol:

Edited by Billy Bunter

Dougie Masterton

5cebf402-046d-587e.jpg

Cheers mate. But need one with the darker blue.Cant find one on any of the Hearts sites.

Quick question, how many versions of the badge have we had?

As a child of the late 70's I can only remember a couple.

Hearts Heritage

Quick question, how many versions of the badge have we had?

As a child of the late 70's I can only remember a couple.

At least 10 getting on for 20.

Gregory House M.D.

http://i.imgur.com/HzoYL.jpg

HzoYL.jpg

Made this one myself but it might be what you are after .

This is my favourite crest.

The HMFC in rangers-esque writing was horrific though.

TheMaganator

I remember seeing a picture of a player in the late 1800s or early 1900s with a badge that I havent seen since- It was a large heart with a picture of the castle in the middle (the version of the castle that the Council uses).

I have spent ages going through London Hearts website but cannot find it (although I am sure that is where I first saw it).

Has anyone got that one? :thumbsup:

WorldChampions1902

I remember seeing a picture of a player in the late 1800s or early 1900s with a badge that I havent seen since- It was a large heart with a picture of the castle in the middle (the version of the castle that the Council uses).

I have spent ages going through London Hearts website but cannot find it (although I am sure that is where I first saw it).

Has anyone got that one? :thumbsup:

The Walker, Black and Anderson images place this page (and therefore the crest )in the 1930's?

IMG.jpg

Gregory House M.D.

The Walker, Black and Anderson images place this page (and therefore the crest )in the 1930's?

IMG.jpg

0,,10289~3565986,00.jpg

TheMaganator

IMG.jpg

That certainly looks like the one I was thinking of - although the picture I remember seeing was a close up of one of the players and there was a better view of the badge.

Is that from the London Hearts site?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

TheMaganator

0,,10289~3565986,00.jpg

Perfect that is the one!

Dont suppose any of the people who are good with photoshop could rustle that one up in electronic form? Think it looks pretty smart! :rolleyes:

That's interesting, in the older pictures the badge only appears on the away, white, strip. I can't see anything on the maroon jersey at all.

Does anyone know the reason for that?

Gregory House M.D.

That's interesting, in the older pictures the badge only appears on the away, white, strip. I can't see anything on the maroon jersey at all.

Does anyone know the reason for that?

We started off with pure white kits with Maroon/red heart. We then absorbed St. Andrews and their Red, White & Blue strips which according to legend, ran in the wash to cause the maroon. The reality is that the players couldn't afford to buy the red white and Blue strips every year so they dyed it one colour- maroon. That's why our first ever maroon strip had different shaded hoops through it.

heart_of_midlothian-1877-1878-abk.gif

This was the original Maroon kit.

Edit: it appears the badge was on the original Maroon afterall so not sure why it was taken off again.

Edited by Billy Bunter

Gregory House M.D.

I'd quite like to know what this bade was from 1910-11.

heart_of_midlothian-1910-1911-ak.gif

Looks like a crest never appeared on the maroon shirt since this one was dropped in 1911 until 1977.

Edited by Billy Bunter

Aye Billy, That last one with the badge looks a bit like the crest they used to have on Edinburgh Council stuff like corporation buses etc. I think it is the city badge.

When I was at primary school I had the panel "Ajax" strip with the HMFC in script and also another plain maroon with pointy collar and it had nothing on it.....but then I don't think the players jerseys did either at the time. That would be between 1972 and 1977ish

The first one I remember having with an actual Heart of Midlothian badge was the white Umbro away with diamonds down the sleeve from maybe 78/79??

I'd be interested to know too about the different badges we have, or as seems more likely, have not used over the years.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye Billy, That last one with the badge looks a bit like the crest they used to have on Edinburgh Council stuff like corporation buses etc. I think it is the city badge.

When I was at primary school I had the panel "Ajax" strip with the HMFC in script and also another plain maroon with pointy collar and it had nothing on it.....but then I don't think the players jerseys did either at the time. That would be between 1972 and 1977ish

The first one I remember having with an actual Heart of Midlothian badge was the white Umbro away with diamonds down the sleeve from maybe 78/79??

I'd be interested to know too about the different badges we have, or as seems more likely, have not used over the years.

Yeah 1977 umbro diamonds as modelled by JJ were the first with an actual crest in 66 years. From 1877-1977 there was only 4 maroon strips with crests.

TheMaganator

Yeah 1977 umbro diamonds as modelled by JJ were the first with an actual crest in 66 years. From 1877-1977 there was only 4 maroon strips with crests.

Do we think we could get a compilation of all of the badges? We have a good few on this thread but it'd be good to have them all. :thumbsup:

TheMaganator

0,,10289~3037092,00.jpg

Here's another crest/badge.

That is another peach! Surely one of our techno members can pull the image and improve it?

:thumbsup:

0,,10289~3037092,00.jpg

Here's another crest/badge.

That is another peach! Surely one of our techno members can pull the image and improve it?

:thumbsup:

Tried my best, difficult with the size of the image

010289303709200copy.jpg

Perfect that is the one!

Dont suppose any of the people who are good with photoshop could rustle that one up in electronic form? Think it looks pretty smart! :rolleyes:

Untitled-1-24.jpg

TheMaganator

Untitled-1-24.jpg

This one looks great too!

Think the original has HMFC underneath the badge - could that easily be added?

Is this all done with photoshop? Its really impressive!

Thanks again!

This one looks great too!

Think the original has HMFC underneath the badge - could that easily be added?

Is this all done with photoshop? Its really impressive!

Thanks again!

Ask and you shall receive :thumbsup:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

And yes it is - For the first one I drew bits and pieces from various different coats of arms and the likes to form something that seems pretty similar to the badge. The second was a bit easier due to its simplicity.

Bloody love the old badges!

TheMaganator

Ask and you shall receive :thumbsup:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

And yes it is - For the first one I drew bits and pieces from various different coats of arms and the likes to form something that seems pretty similar to the badge. The second was a bit easier due to its simplicity.

Bloody love the old badges!

Cheers mate!

I would snap kit with the old badges up in a second if they sold a 'vintage' range in the club shop. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Tried my best, difficult with the size of the image

010289303709200copy.jpg

That badge without the writing either side could make someone a pretty unique tattoo. Would look pretty cool IMO.

Cheers mate!

I would snap kit with the old badges up in a second if they sold a 'vintage' range in the club shop. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Me too.......for my sins I also follow the Edinburgh Capitals and ice hockey in general and there is a big range of NHL vintage ice hockey jerseys available including the unforgettable Montreal Maroons (sadly now defunct)and they always sell really well.

A vintage Hearts range would be great, I'd love to see that, especially since I'm heading to the vintage era myself now!! :rolleyes:

• 9 years later...