Alan Thompson Fired?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Someone just posted this on FB, any truth in it?

I seen that posted on a FM board, seems that it could be true

Oh. now apparently he has 'left' to join Villa. This could get interesting...Might stick a fiver on Lennon to be next Norwich manager. :whistling:

i wish jj was my dad

Strange one. It's not as if Smeltic expect their staff to behave like professionals.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

he was down here a couple of weeks back for the local supporters clubs annual dance. my uncle (celtic) who is involved with the club asked my burd to get him a good deal at the hotel she works at. I asked my burd to leave a pic of craig beattie from the semi in the room, she wouldnt though the flaming jobsworth

:seething:

what was weird was he was in their local pub the next day too with a replica of the European cup/champs league trophy, so fans could get pics with him and it. Funny I dont remember him playing in 1967...

hmfc4life1991

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

BBC Scotland understands Alan Thompson has parted company with #Celtic. #BBCSport

Looks like its true then

Toxteth O'Grady

he was down here a couple of weeks back for the local supporters clubs annual dance. my uncle (celtic) who is involved with the club asked my burd to get him a good deal at the hotel she works at. I asked my burd to leave a pic of craig beattie from the semi in the room, she wouldnt though the flaming jobsworth

:seething:

what was weird was he was in their local pub the next day too with a replica of the European cup/champs league trophy, so fans could get pics with him and it. Funny I dont remember him playing in 1967...

He was a poor player that had more late tackles than any other player I can remember

ritchies75

BBC Scotland understands Alan Thompson has parted company with #Celtic.

Chris McLaughlin ?@BBCchrismclaug

BBC Scotland understands Alan Thompson has parted company with #Celtic. #BBCSport

Looks like its true then

Oooooo does that make me ITK? :sweat: Soon...I could aspire to the clique!! :ninja:

Chris McLaughlin (BBC Sport Scotland ) has just tweeted:

@BBCchrismclaug: BBC Scotland understands Alan Thompson has parted company with #Celtic. #BBCSport

jambo-in-furness

You mean the 5 to 1 gun. :rolleyes:

12:55 is now my favourite time of day :thumbsup:

I am I.T.K. Fact! :verysmug:

puss_in_boots_eyes.jpg

drumie jambo

Someone just posted this on FB, any truth in it?

Was he no having marital problems probably wanted to be nearer family/kids hence left by mutual consent.

drumie jambo

Was he no having marital problems probably wanted to be nearer family/kids hence left by mutual consent.

Was thinking maybe rumours are true then Rudi to smeltic Player/ Coach? hope feckin no though.

Heard that she had left him due to his drinking and that it wasn't unusual for him to arrive at training worse for wear. All alleged of course. :whistling:

first-team coach Alan Thompson was sacked last night - just three weeks after the champions lifted the SPL trophy at Parkhead.

Friends of Thompson claimed he had been dismissed because of concerns within the club about his 'lifestyle'.

The 38-year-old was said to be 'shocked and very disappointed' by the news he was being axed from Neil Lennon's backroom staff.

Thompson is also understood to have left demanding to know if the decision was down to former team-mate Lennon or the club hierarchy. It is believed that no compensation was agreed for his one-year rolling contract, leaving open the possibility of a legal dispute.

In February 2011, Thompson was fined ?600 and banned from driving for 16 months after admitting a drink-driving charge. Sources claim Thompson received further warnings from the club about his behaviour.

The dramatic development leaves Lennon with assistant Johan Mjallby and coach Garry Parker as the key members of his technical staff.

It remains to be seen whether any moves will be made to replace Thompson before Celtic step up preparations for the Champions League qualifiers that will open their new campaign.

The Geordie was brought back to Celtic Park by Lennon when the Northern Irishman was appointed as permanent boss in the summer of 2010.

In public, their relationship seemed close, with Thompson lavishing praise on both Lennon's managerial ability and his mental strength as they closed in on last season's convincing title triumph.

Now, though, their bond has been broken, bringing to an end a Celtic connection that started for Thompson when he was signed for the club by Martin O'Neill in a ?2.75million move from Bolton Wanderers in 2000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2154219/Alan-Thompson-sacked-Celtic.html#ixzz1wlnKU2Ua

In the interviews he gave immediately after the SC semi he did seem unusually enraged, to the extent that he was about to spout obscenities to the camera. I guess there was more going on with him at the time than just some questionable refereeing.

If the club have actually made it known there were concerns about his "lifestyle" that is shocking.

I'm sure a huge amount of people in football have been emptied for the same reason but clubs generally have the good race to keep it under wraps.

Can't stand the prick though.

How very Celtic.

:muggy:

LoveTheHearts

Never happy when anyone gets sacked as been close a few times myself but im sure he's got enough cash & apparently a job @ Villa so screw em, as mentioned that interview after the semi about the ref was awful & summed Smeltic up really!

i wish jj was my dad

If Mr Thompson has been sacked because of his 'lifestyle' the question that springs to mind for me is why are Celtic quite happy to expose NL to massive media exposure when he has IMO behaved in a way that any decent employer would have taken him out of the firing line for reasons not unconnected to his life style and behaviour.

I have no idea about Mr Thompson's problems but his interviews after the SF suggested to me that he was less than rational. NL's behaviour on a number of occasions in the media glare have been similarly irrational.

I'm inclined to think that both individuals need some support but it's interesting that their employers seem happy to bin AT but keep NL in a far more public facing job. I don't believe that it's because he is recognised as a brilliant manager like Martin O'Neill.

This is just an observation. Not sure what others think?

This is definitely due to his alleged drinking problems. My son trains up at Celtic in Lennoxtown and the rumours there are rife that he has turned up for training worse for wear after numerous warnings from the club about this.

Feck him.

Rudolf's Mate

If Mr Thompson has been sacked because of his 'lifestyle' the question that springs to mind for me is why are Celtic quite happy to expose NL to massive media exposure when he has IMO behaved in a way that any decent employer would have taken him out of the firing line for reasons not unconnected to his life style and behaviour.

I have no idea about Mr Thompson's problems but his interviews after the SF suggested to me that he was less than rational. NL's behaviour on a number of occasions in the media glare have been similarly irrational.

I'm inclined to think that both individuals need some support but it's interesting that their employers seem happy to bin AT but keep NL in a far more public facing job. I don't believe that it's because he is recognised as a brilliant manager like Martin O'Neill.

Agree. Very strange decission considering all that's gone on with NL. Unless there's a major story in the pipe work about him.

AT appears to have been fired for turning up worse for wear after a heavy night on the booze once too often. NL has many faults, but as far as I know, he isn't guilty of the same thing.

NL would certainly benefit from having a calm, sober and rational backroom staff who can talk sense in to him when he loses his shit.......

I hope they replace him with this guy... :muggy:

SSN reporting that AT was fired by phone as he refused to meet with NL in newcastle in an arranged meeting

SSN reporting that AT was fired by phone as he refused to meet with NL in newcastle in an arranged meeting

They sound like bosom buds :placate:

J Cheever Loophole

Good.Maybe now he'll have time to finish tarring my drive.wink.gif

Bet he wishes he'd just let John Wilson get on with it now...

Demotivational-pictures-indeed.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

Let me get this right, he's been fired because of his conduct and lifestyle outside of football, and yet Celtic are happy with the way Lennon conducts himself actually at the football, ok then.... :teehee:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Did he not get an England cap at one point? Seem to remember some failed experiment to try and solve a problem position in their team. I don't think he was asked back. :blink:

Archived