Would it not be best for the club to wait untill the summer to appoint a new

manager and give it to Frail to see if he can make an immediate success of

the present situation .

By waiting more top candidates may become available and interested in the

vacancy .

Also by bringing him in now might upset the slight progress Frail has made

since being appointed interm manager.

However by appointing the right man now would give him the chance to

start to build for a proper SPL challenge next season .

There is pros and cons , but i think Frail will be asked to take the job untill

the end of the current season .

No - we need someone with the correct credentials in charge now. Leaving things as they are until the summer will solve nothing and probably only make things worse.

Right, I think a new manager now is the asnswer... the reason for this is I do not think we will go down and therefore, this gives a new guy comming in plenty time time find out the best system and the best players for that system.

Based on the new manager having 4 months worth of hands on experienece with the current squad, I feel that would be enough time to source new players and adapt to the leahue and the club.

This would mean we are able to hit the ground running for the start of the new season, with a team the manager could call his own!

leaving Frail in charge till the summer will mean another season of uncertainty as the new guy will need time to implement his own ideas and bring in his own signings and this could take a bit of time.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

It took 2 months to appoint Burley , they will take s long as possible to find

the right man for the job , so really it could be March before anythig is done

No, absolutely definately not. Frail does not have the respect of the players as proper manager should (they all him Shaggy for ****'s sake), he has no real experience of managing a club, he is tactically inept, he won't make big decisions as a new manager should - clearing out the dross, re -addressing Berra's captaincy etc. he has been part (albeit in unusual circumstances) of the worst set of results since the seventies, he rates players like Elliot...I could go on...

The season is bust. As bad as we have been - and as yesterday I think proved - 12th position seems unlikely in the extreme.

We need a new man to come in who can provide the impetus for a top-six finish (or dare I suggest, even semi-laughably, top-four). A man who can sort out who stays and who goes from the current squad at the end of the season. Even some of the current apparent deadwood is probably more than salvageable under a new boss ... the case of Bednar I think has proven that.

We need to start all of that as soon as we can. Not in the summer when any management appointment hee-hawing would probably extend into the start of the new-campaign. It would make this years pre-season look good in comparison. We just can't afford another one of these awful starts...

I just do not believe that Frail is the man. He's at best an interim and compromise candidate, with a lot of recent committee baggage to carry. About 9 games ago he was suggesting that we were capable of winning the next 5 in a row ... so I don't think SF has a scooby ultimately.

Nobody would believe them if they left Frail in charge until summer, folk would just see it as a smokescreen to allow Vlad to continue meddling.

We need a new manager now, money talks and if the right man is offered the right amount he'll come now. JJ would happily leave Killie tomorrow if offered the job, so if we can't appoint at least him I'm doubtful we're even looking.

Breakin' Rocks

No chance should SF get to the end of the season. In the fans eyes this is the perfect opportunity for VR to prove to them he is as good as his word.

He appears to have taken the first step in giving SF some degree of autonomy he must continue in the same vien.

VR must also now realise that outwith the old firm ( Celtic have a decent team and squad, Rangers play with 14 men every week) the SPL is cash strapped and the standard of football from the other 12 teams is really poor.

An experienced manager who knows the Scottish game and perhaps just as importantly understands the media would with even the existing squad in my view win 3rd spot easily next season and compete in both cup competitions.

Get this guy in now and allow him to stamp his influence on the team in preparation for a better season in 2008/09.

the present situation .

vacancy .

HELLO I think this has been Vlads intention all along, give Frail the reigns with no transfer budget , then bring in an eastern block hero to be our saviour. Somehow I think this plot has been played out before.

Dean Winchester
Frail is not the way forward..........not even until the summer.

Of course he isn't. Lets just go back to the way it was before New Year? Cos we where winning so many games then :)

the present situation .

vacancy .

no it wouldn't be better waiting till the summer for romanov to appoint a manager. what planet are you on my wee friend. can't you see we're an absolute shambles of a team or do you think that by beating the worst hobo team i've ever watched makes everything ok.......i don't think so !

frail is not a quality manager and that's what hearts deserve, we were mince yesterday, thank god the hobo's are mince too or we'd of been well beaten by any half decent team.

there's plenty of good managers out there who are available so there's no excuses for romanov to mess us and the team about any longer. the mismanagement has to stop, with no more lies from romanov and his puppets.

No. I think a new manager needs to be appointed soon and let him assess the squad over the coming months with a view to getting rid of any players in the summer.

It is most important that we get the right man for the job and if we have to wait until the end of the season then that is fine.

It is most important that we get the right man for the job and if we have to wait until the end of the season then that is fine.

Totally disagree. If we don't appoint one before the end of January this whole thing has been another smokescreen. :mad:

Totally disagree. If we don't appoint one before the end of January this whole thing has been another smokescreen. :mad:

For the first time in a long time, I agree with you Julio.

A manager is needed ASAP, I refuse to believe it should take any longer than 4 weeks for someone to be appointed.

1st January, The statement was made. That was when the process began.

Time to deliver on it Hearts.

Rubbish. We heard that same garbage from some Hearts fans about Romanov not wanting to build a new stand and there would be no planning application just because it took a while to sort out.

If it takes a little longer to find the right man to take control of team affairs for the next 5 years then so be it. No point in turning on the club again and having protests and boycotts.

Rubbish. We heard that same garbage from some Hearts fans about Romanov not wanting to build a new stand and there would be no planning application just because it took a while to sort out.

If it takes a little longer to find the right man to take control of team affairs for the next 5 years then so be it. No point in turning on the club again and having protests and boycotts.

4 weeks is more than enough time for the club to find and appoint the right man.

Mmmm. We have not had a proper manager for two and a half years. The end of this month is plenty time if VR is serious about this. :cool:

don't tell us that we have to wait till the summer to get a quality manager.

romanov is just stalling because he's an idiot when it comes to running a football team.

romanov should stick to what he knows and leave football management to people who know the game.

this mismanagement of hearts has to stop.....NOW.

HELLO I think this has been Vlads intention all along, give Frail the reigns with no transfer budget , then bring in an eastern block hero to be our saviour. Somehow I think this plot has been played out before.

Jesus Christ, change the fecking record man FFS. Your constant bullsh*t was boring months ago.

don't tell us that we have to wait till the summer to get a quality manager.

romanov is just stalling because he's an idiot when it comes to running a football team.

romanov should stick to what he knows and leave football management to people who know the game.

this mismanagement of hearts has to stop.....NOW.

I think it has stopped, Mitch.

The teams we have seen since the turn of the year look like Frails side. The subs are also not quite as bizarre.

I was giving Romanov till the end of the month to get a new manager in. Frail IMO has steaded the ship, there are signs that we are heading in the right direction.

A manager is needed but if Frail was given to the end of the season in the event that our main target cannnot/does not want to come till the end of the season - I would put up with that.

if i were in charge of hearts i could employ a manager now who would save our season by winning the 2 cups and getting us back into the top six.

this league isn't that hard to win and we are underperforming big-time due to romanov's mismanagement of the team.

Q, what's making romanov take so long in appointing a quality manager ?

A. he's not got a clue.

4 weeks is more than enough time for the club to find and appoint the right man.

It has taken Scotland 2 months to get round to doing their interviews.

It is frustrating but it we just have to be patient and make sure we bring in the right man for the job. We might get lucky and find he is in place next week but the most important thing is making sure we hire the man that is best for Hearts.

We need a new man in now so that he's got time to get his influence across and start to empty the dross, and that'll take a while seeing as how there's so much of it.

if i were in charge of hearts i could employ a manager now who would save our season by winning the 2 cups and getting us back into the top six.

this league isn't that hard to win and we are underperforming big-time due to romanov's mismanagement of the team.

Q, what's making romanov take so long in appointing a quality manager ?

A. he's not got a clue.

The league is not that hard to win?

Christ, never knew it was that easy!

The Mighty Thor

what's quite disconcerting to me is the steady build in the press allegedly from the players to 'give shaggy the job'. both the MOS and NOTW carry comments from Stevie Banks that the players are 100% behind shaggy and would love to see him get the job.

We've been here before. Ivanauskas.

Sorry but the club needs a new broom to come in and sweep out all the merde that's there, the training regimes, the bollox indiscipline and the cliques that exist. Shaggy's part of the problems at tynie not part of the solution.

The league is not that hard to win?

Christ, never knew it was that easy!

dead easy if you know what your doing.

It has taken Scotland 2 months to get round to doing their interviews.

It is frustrating but it we just have to be patient and make sure we bring in the right man for the job. We might get lucky and find he is in place next week but the most important thing is making sure we hire the man that is best for Hearts.

When is Scotlands next competitive game though? You can't compare the two.

Compile a list, Start at the top with the most qualified, Work your way through it until someone says 'yes'.

It ain't rocket science.

If a manager won't come to Hearts just now, He isn't going to come in the Summer.

The only possible 'candidate' who would hold out until the Summer would be McGhee, Even then I don't think he'd come to Hearts.

4 weeks is more than enough time.

The Mighty Thor
Compile a list, Start at the top with the most qualified, Work your way through it until someone says 'yes'.

It ain't rocket science.

If a manager won't come to Hearts just now, He isn't going to come in the Summer.

4 weeks is more than enough time.

We already had a shortlist of high quality candidates from the summer according to Charlie Mann.

He couldn't possibly have been lying could he? :eek:

Csaba's Broon Shoes

If the new manager was from a current SPL club , he would have already

have been in place before now . This is begining to drag on as was the

situation before Burley was appointed , he only had a couple of weeks to

prepare for that season .

I do think we need a manager asap however the regime does not operate

quickly when filling this vacancy .

For all we know interviews have still to take place not to mention Romanov

looking into the applicants eyes to see if he has the hunger for the job .

marshallschunkychicken

I don't see why people think we are tied down to the end of January OR the summer.

Is there a transfer window for managers? I certainly didn't think so.

I don't see why people think we are tied down to the end of January OR the summer.

Is there a transfer window for managers? I certainly didn't think so.

If the transfer window closes how exactly will the new manager get rid of the pish in our squad and get some decent players in ? We have some important games coming up including a cup semi and a scottish cup reply. We should have had a manager for these games.

All this wait for the right man is a smoke screen. If we have identified the right man then we should get him now. Somehow i doubt we will ever find the right man.

From the outside it's difficult to say.

Obviously getting the new guy in tomorrow would be ideal, 2 weeks ago would be better.

But is it worth rushing the decision through just for the sake of getting a decision even if it turns out to be the wrong one.

Neither I nor many other people know what options are realistically, currently available and even less people know what options would be available in the summer.

If it were a choice between, tomorrow, taking Bobby Williamson or waiting till summer and see what they can find Then I'd say they should wait till summer.

If there is a stack of far more attractive CVs on the desk then they should get on with it.

Getting this sorted before the transfer window would be good given that the current players have shown themselves capable of sticking 4 past the huns, winning at parkhead and ripping up Aberdeen.

I'd argue that if the new guy is worth having he should be able to salvage some kind of respectability from this season which is all that's going to be asked of him.

even if he arrives on February the 1st and has to play the hand he's dealt

If we can't get who we want until the summer for whatever reason then maybe we could bring in someone with experience on a short term contract.

Someone like Craig Brown?

what's quite disconcerting to me is the steady build in the press allegedly from the players to 'give shaggy the job'. both the MOS and NOTW carry comments from Stevie Banks that the players are 100% behind shaggy and would love to see him get the job.

We've been here before. Ivanauskas.

Sorry but the club needs a new broom to come in and sweep out all the merde that's there, the training regimes, the bollox indiscipline and the cliques that exist. Shaggy's part of the problems at tynie not part of the solution.

My sentiments as well.

To give Frail a little bit credit, we are at least unbeaten in the last 3 games, including a clean sheet, but I feel a person does not carry that much clout if he is merely a caretaker. Time for Vlad to live up to his promises.

An appointment of a new Manager is need sharpish, and it needs to be someone who will command respect.

Get someone in as quickly as possible, even if it's only on a short-term contract so that he can be replaced in the summer with someone better. As long as the person who comes in now has some relevant experience and hasn't been a complete failure at football management, he has to be better than the current situation.

I'm not down on Stevie Frail. He's doing his best, he's improved things slightly and he's in there fighting. But to me he's not an authoritative figure and he doesn't have experience of making the tough decisions. He's also, through no fault of his own, tainted by association with the most shambolic regime ever to control a football club.

This isn't a case of a smooth transition from one management team to another that can afford to wait another few months. HMFC is at ground zero. We need someone in now to start repairing the damage that years of morale destruction, inadequate coaching, inadequate training, bloated squads, pyjama men and golden rods, superannuated Russian drunks, ***** team selections based on whim, divide and rule dressing-room policies, absentee ownership and total lack of professional management have bequeathed to us.

It'll take years. So let's get started now.

Archived