Throw Ins

cosanostra

Has anyone else noticed how bad we are at taking throw ins? Whether we are attacking or defending, we always seem to give the ball back to the opposition every time we get a throw in. Robbie and Jose can't seem to find a Hearts player and the lack of movement is ridiculous.

Something i'd hope a manager would get sorted out.

Has anyone else noticed how bad we are at taking throw ins? Whether we are attacking or defending, we always seem to give the ball back to the opposition every time we get a throw in. Robbie and Jose can't seem to find a Hearts player and the lack of movement is ridiculous.

The throwing is generally fine, it's the lack of movement by those not throwing that's the issue. :cool:

The throwing is generally fine, it's the lack of movement by those not throwing that's the issue. :cool:

Could be right Dave.

No-one seemed interested in getting into space at throw ins yesterday.

Hey, your moustache has disappeared.

Could be right Dave.

No-one seemed interested in getting into space at throw ins yesterday.

Hey, your moustache has disappeared.

I decided to get up to date, well 2006 at least... :P

The amount of times Goncalves didn't have anybody to throw to was awful.

We do have some sort of system (Throw to Ruben who knocks it onto Velicka) but this wasn't always possible if Ruben happened to be on the other side.

Robbie has similar issues in defensive positions where nobody seems to be looking for it. Attacking positions the movement is a bit better (notably from Cesnauskis, Velicka and Miko a while back)

Its been a constant source of fury for me for about 10 years now.

I think we're the only team in Scotland who hasn't managed to master what is actually a very simple thing.

Its been a constant source of fury for me for about 10 years now.

I think we're the only team in Scotland who hasn't managed to master what is actually a very simple thing.

Same here Cat.

Yesterday was unbelievable.

Every time we were trying to attack, the Hobo defence knew that they could knock it into the stand and when we got the throw, we'd just pass it straight back to them.

peebles jambo

we've got 2 of probably the longest throwers of the ball in the league, but apparently they both seem to be colour blind

we've got 2 of probably the longest throwers of the ball in the league, but apparently they both seem to be colour blind

The problem is with the movement of the players on the field, not the throwers.

While we are on absymal set plays - what is the story with no players on the near post when we have a corner?

Every dead ball delivered was shocking. Andy Driver has to get a bit practice in as he puts no power or pace on the ball, they are just lobbed in instead of whipped in.

One of the easiest things to work on in training must be set pieces.

Yesterday our corners, throw-ins and free-kicks, (the few we got) were abysmal.

Something for our new manager to address.

Couldn't agree more.

How come the two guys with long throws can't find a man and by the same token how come the movement from the players meant to be receiving it is so bad. They make no attempt to find space.

It has been happening for years and along with only our players slipping is my pet hate.

When is the last time we scored from a throw in. We should getr about 10 per season.

Glad someone else has noticed this most basic of mistakes, as it is glaringly obvious we have no plan at throw ins.!!

Several times yesterday the ball was aimed towards Driver to win in the air!

Bill Shankly who knew a few things about football, said there are 2 things you should never do at a throw in....

1) Throw the ball backwards

2) Throw the ball infield

A throw in to us merely gives possession to the opposition, if it is obvious to the fans, how on earth can the numpties in charge of the team not see it?

especially with our long throw experts (as a team we must have the 2 best throw in's in Britain), this is something we should be able to exploit!

Couldn't agree more.

How come the two guys with long throws can't find a man and by the same token how come the movement from the players meant to be receiving it is so bad. They make no attempt to find space.

It has been happening for years and along with only our players slipping is my pet hate.

When is the last time we scored from a throw in. We should getr about 10 per season.

We don't have any players who get their heads on crosses regularly (though Berra is getting better at corners). Also, we score very few from crosses - in part due to the wingers and in part due to the 1 striker policy.

We could do with a striker who can hold the ball up and get his napper on crosses - Sandy Clark style.

We don't have any players who get their heads on crosses regularly (though Berra is getting better at corners). Also, we score very few from crosses - in part due to the wingers and in part due to the 1 striker policy.

We could do with a striker who can hold the ball up and get his napper on crosses - Sandy Clark style.

Nade is great a holding the ball up if he gets it played to his feet.

Yesterdat nearly every pass he got was at head height, not his strength at all.

Nade is great a holding the ball up if he gets it played to his feet.

Yesterdat nearly every pass he got was at head height, not his strength at all.

I agree Nade can hold it if it is played to his feet. He doesn't pass it though!

A player like Clark could hold the ball up, lay it off and would go with everything for crosses. We really could do with a player like that now.

Archived