Michael Stewart

N.Barasa

Mikey Stewart

He has struggled recently after a bright start to the season.

Yesterday he was involved in the early stages of the game but

disappeared.Overall he had a shocker and it was no surprise when

he was taken off early on the second half.

When he signed in June it was reported to be a six month contract,has

this been extended.

All credit to Mikey yesterday.

He was feeling nauseus BEFORE tha game but wanted to play. He threw up on the park just before the start of the second half and again early in the half. He was clearly very ill but fought for the cause.

And I am no means a big fan of his. I can't understand why he tries to tackle the opposition from some really weird, unorthodox angles. It's simple, get on goal side and close them down.

Rod.

Mikey Stewart

this been extended.

He was ill. Did you not see him puking twice in the second half? :mad:

The White Cockade

he was ill and still gave 100% as usual

he's one of our better players although he's not been

playing as well recently as at the start of the season

I can't understand all this moaning about him

Vlad_Knows_Best
he was ill and still gave 100% as usual

he's one of our better players although he's not been

playing as well recently as at the start of the season

I can't understand all this moaning about him

He was a complete waste of a jersey yesterday......as he is becoming on a regular basis.

Since he wasn't fit at the start he should have said so and not played. Another example of his mistaken belief that he is special.

he wasn't ill against motherwell although he made others including me ill with the quality of his passing all afternoon........................

fastly becoming the most overated player on hearts books at the moment,needs to improve or be emptied from the midfield when larry returns............

A few weeks ago, Michael Stewart could do no wrong and was lauded from the stands and from this board. Now, it's as if he is the chief pariah and gets it from all sides in a manner Miko, Elliot and Neilson would recognise. It seems because he had the temerity to speak back to a neanderthal "fan"/"supporter"/cretin at Tannadice that he is no longer the pin-up boy of the less intelligent sections of our support.

Michael Stewart's form will return, I am sure, and perhaps the support can try to be less fickle in the future.

A few weeks ago, Michael Stewart could do no wrong and was lauded from the stands and from this board. Now, it's as if he is the chief pariah and gets it from all sides in a manner Miko, Elliot and Neilson would recognise. It seems because he had the temerity to speak back to a neanderthal "fan"/"supporter"/cretin at Tannadice that he is no longer the pin-up boy of the less intelligent sections of our support.

Michael Stewart's form will return, I am sure, and perhaps the support can try to be less fickle in the future.

dont count me in your sweeping generalization m8,i didn't rate him the 1st time round and he has done very little this time to change my mind on his footballing ability.

still that doesn't make him a bad person and he always gives 100%,the problem is,he is an average player who thinks he is a great player and that is a dangerous mixture at any level.................

Well said Ross - totally agree. Maybe the serial criticisers should take a leaf out of Vlad's book. If he is prepared to consider dropping his "rotation" approach to team selection perhaps they might do the same with their criticism.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You can't really slag him off this week.

He was visibly ill and gave his all.

That's good enough for me.

He was a complete waste of a jersey yesterday......as he is becoming on a regular basis.

so who should have been in midfield instead then yesterday? As for a waste of a jersey....a bit OTT..but I guess that is why you said it.

Vlad_Knows_Best

The incident at Tannadice has no bearing on my view of him...................as I have never rated Stewart since he came back.

Kingston, Jonsson, and Ruben are far far better players than Stewart.

MS is an average player who thinks he is better than he is.

Poor passer of the ball.

Crosses, corners and free kicks are poor.

Works hard but achieves very little in a game.

Always too quick to blame his team mates for his mistakes.

Tackling is dreadful.

That is my opinion of him as a footballer not as a individual, off the park he is one of the most pleasant people you could meet.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The incident at Tannadice has no bearing on my view of him...................as I have never rated Stewart since he came back.

Poor passer of the ball.

Tackling is dreadful.

That is my opinion of him as a footballer not as a individual, off the park he is one of the most pleasant people you could meet.

I think you are bending the truth a wee bit.

He was by far our best player in the first few games of the season.

Vlad_Knows_Best
I think you are bending the truth a wee bit.

He was by far our best player in the first few games of the season.

But be honest with yourself , that was not difficult was it.

Heartski you would have looked a good player in the team.

The team were keek.

so who should have been in midfield instead then yesterday? As for a waste of a jersey....a bit OTT..but I guess that is why you said it.

I would have played a midfield of Driver Eggert Ruben and Miko and given Chesney a free role.

Poor passer of the ball.

Tackling is dreadful.

He could not play yesterday...

Vlad_Knows_Best
He could not play yesterday...

I said he was a better play than Stewart, never said I would have played him yesterday because as you say he was not available.

But be honest with yourself , that was not difficult was it.

Heartski you would have looked a good player in the team.

The team were keek.

I would have played a midfield of Driver Eggert Ruben and Miko and given Chesney a free role.

too lightweight for a derby IMHO. Not saying MS is the best tackler but he does give a wee bit bite.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Five across midfield with 3 defensive central midfielders yesterday did not work. The midfield were tripping over each other most of the game.

and you said this was too lightweight.

So you would say that the midfield yesterday was lightweight then as

Driver, Eggert, Ruben, Chesney & Miko (sub) all played in midfield yesterday.

Mikey Stewart

this been extended.

He signed a three year deal which has a review after one year and it can be terminated either way and he was sick before and during the game and was a doubt to even start.

Graham Thomson

My God give the guy a break.....just once even if its only for a day, would like to come on here and see only positive comments, with no players or the management being slagged off,

Hang on , a pig just flew over my roof

Stewart is one of our most influencial players. Fact.

Just because Ruben has found his feet and Laryea is the second coming of Christ doesn't mean Mikey is suddenly yesterday's man.

Graham Thomson
Stewart is one of our most influencial players. Fact.

Just because Ruben has found his feet and Laryea is the second coming of Christ doesn't mean Mikey is suddenly yesterday's man.

Agree 100% he works his backside off week after week, even if he is not playing well, he never hides, Ruben is also a good player, as for Kingston he it appears can do no wrong, the fact he is lazy, often hides, takes the credit for everything even when he is nowhere near the ball, kisses the badge all the time, no doubt he has talent, bit is a luxury player, but hey, he seems to be loved by most Hearts fans, lets see how long he hangs around.

Vlad_Knows_Best
Agree 100% he works his backside off week after week.

Well if you mean running around like a headless chicken is working your backside off then I agree with you 100% he does, but achieves very little.

You stick up for Stewart but criticise Kingston................laughable.

Stewart is the best passer of a ball that we have at hearts in my opinion!

he had a bad game yesterday fair dues but everybody has them

as for his first time at the club he was played out of position

the games that kingston and stewart have played this season i would say kingston only once has played better than stewart that being against motherwell away the only game kingston has decided to turn up this season!

excpet for the motherwell game i think kingston has had a very poor season!

i know hes had a few injuries but he has still played a few games

romanov apologist

michael stewart is one of the best football players I have seen at tynecastle in my 45 years following the club home and away

he is a hearts man thru and thru similar to gary mackay and jim jeffries

would be first name on team sheet if I was sending the fax every week

classiest seen for long time

he tries to do too much sometimes to make up for lack of effort/organisation from others

five across the middle did /does work - we did win on saturday

Well if you mean running around like a headless chicken is working your backside off then I agree with you 100% he does, but achieves very little.

You stick up for Stewart but criticise Kingston................laughable.

Seriously mate, you cannot answer every post with a negative response and expect people to assume that you are infact correct and were are all misguided.

I'd offer that you are in someway 'hindered' by Stewart and his footballing abilties are not what you are really complaing about, more of a personal thing about the boy for some reason.

It can't be because he has been poor of late because the fact of the matter is that almost every single player to a man has been garbage this season. There are many reasons for this and most of them lay off the field and purely at Romanovs feet.

At least Stewart offered a glimmer of light when we were getting shafted at home by the Falkirks and ST. Mirrens....

Whatever, Mikey Stewart is a very important player for Hearts. That's a majority opinion, not a minority. You are entitled to yours.

oh ah grantona
michael stewart is one of the best football players I have seen at tynecastle in my 45 years following the club home and away

he is a hearts man thru and thru similar to gary mackay and jim jeffries

would be first name on team sheet if I was sending the fax every week

classiest seen for long time

he tries to do too much sometimes to make up for lack of effort/organisation from others

five across the middle did /does work - we did win on saturday

for the past 44 years you have been going to games with your eyes shut

and just because you are a hearts man means nothing no jambo goes to hibs and slates the hearts when left he is **** of the highest order the ginger destroyer

rudi must stay

Poor passer of the ball.

Tackling is dreadful.

sorry some of the stuff there is true, this is rubbish though. He is the best passer of the ball in the team by a long way imo. I think the problem is he is trying to be a bit too ambitious for a team in 11th atm tho

Libertonian_II
Agree 100% he works his backside off week after week, even if he is not playing well, he never hides, Ruben is also a good player, as for Kingston he it appears can do no wrong, the fact he is lazy, often hides, takes the credit for everything even when he is nowhere near the ball, kisses the badge all the time, no doubt he has talent, bit is a luxury player, but hey, he seems to be loved by most Hearts fans, lets see how long he hangs around.

Check out our results with Kingston in the team, then check without. Says it all. Not bad for a player who hides and is lazy:wacko:

Vlad_Knows_Best
I'd offer that you are in someway 'hindered' by Stewart and his footballing abilties are not what you are really complaing about, more of a personal thing about the boy for some reason.

I would like to direct you to post 15 and this statement Dave.

I think that blows your theory clear out the water mate.

Stewart gives plenty of effort but I think he is a very average player and signing him was a backward move IMO. I agree with those who say that Ruben and Kingston are in a different class to Stewart.

Vlad_Knows_Best
Pearls before swine - michael - pearls before swine

Mutton dressed as lamb - romanov apologist - Mutton dressed as lamb

Certainly not the best midfileder I've ever seen at Tynie - but certainly not one who lacks effort or hides himself away when thing are not going his way. Some of the abuse given to him is way out of order - but he joins an elite club of others who have had the same stuff from certain sections of our support.

Five across midfield with 3 defensive central midfielders yesterday did not work. The midfield were tripping over each other most of the game.

and you said this was too lightweight.

So you would say that the midfield yesterday was lightweight then as

Driver, Eggert, Ruben, Chesney & Miko (sub) all played in midfield yesterday.

yes cos we were F**** awful yesterday in the 2nd half. Agree we need to bin the 5 in midfield though. Sign a striker who can play with Velicka and than play 4 in midfield. If all fit and available....Driver, Stewart, Reuben and Larry.

Vlad_Knows_Best
[/b]

yes cos we were F**** awful yesterday in the 2nd half. Agree we need to bin the 5 in midfield though. Sign a striker who can play with Velicka and than play 4 in midfield. If all fit and available....Driver, Stewart, Reuben and Larry.

Well to be honest if fit and available I would have a midfield of.....

Driver Kingston Ruben and Chesney

Well to be honest if fit and available I would have a midfield of.....

Driver Kingston Ruben and Chesney

Chesney slipped my mind there...he's been out for that long. Would replace him for Driver even though he normally plays on the right.

Graham Thomson
Check out our results with Kingston in the team, then check without. Says it all. Not bad for a player who hides and is lazy:wacko:

How many games has Kingston actually played...anyway its a pointless point, one player does not make a team..

markletissier

i like the guy, not afraid to get his socks dirty (whether it be with puke or muck), almost scored yesterday as well, a right out and out trier, something we need more of!!!

Stewart got a lot of stick where I was on Saturday. I don't like our own players getting singled out, it really doesn' help them. I watched the game again on Saturday night, and in the first half, he actually performed a lot better than I had remembered. It wasn't his fault he was ill, and that clearly affected his performance. He looked terrible in the second half. (And not just because he is gingy).

I know his recent performances have not been great, but he never hides, and always gives 100%.

Michael Stewart was superb in the 1st half on Sat. He basically sat on top of Buezelin for the entire half and stopped him playing. Yes he faded 2nd half but if he was ill then what do you expect.

The fact that Stewart played on Saturday despite being ill says it all for me... he is willing to pull his weight and more for the team and help us climb the league.

Stewart is without doubt our best midfield player and yes he has had a few bad games (as have the WHOLE team), a run-in with a neanderthal supporter at the Utd game and in the second half of the derby should really have been subbed earlier (Frail's fault), but without him we would lose a vital spark in midfield. On his day he can be brilliant and i'd rather hold on to him than Kingston; as for my money Kingston is a flair player and is heading the way of Skacel, posted missing too often, doesn't track back and is looking lazier by the game... plus I hate all that badge kissing crap... we know he'll be off soon.

It would be great if some of the fans on here would actually support the players and recognise their efforts when they play through the pain barrier for us and WIN the game... instead of routinely rounding on them when they have an off day.

Archived