?170m owed to the taxman but it's OK

Tazio

Seems to be all the rage these days to owe a fortune.

Just read in The Independent this morning that Athletico Madrid owe the Spanish tax authorities the euro equivalent of ?170m.

Pretty huge I'd say.

the jambo poet

Seems to be all the rage these days to owe a fortune.

Just read in The Independent this morning that Athletico Madrid owe the Spanish tax authorities the euro equivalent of ?170m.

Pretty huge I'd say.

The Spanish Rangers?...ole...It's amazing how clubs can run up these debts without anyone bothering to question their ability to actually pay them.....I suspect that Falcoa for one will be getting sold....magnificent player...altho don't think they'll get that much for him...

on a similiar note Man City reported losses of ?190 million....that'll take some moving...when are the new laws being enforced by Uefa where clubs have to break even?...It would've been hilarious if it had been this season coming and u'd probably have the English champions unable to compete and also the Europa League winners not able to defend their win.

Ray Winstone

The Spanish Rangers?...ole...It's amazing how clubs can run up these debts without anyone bothering to question their ability to actually pay them.....I suspect that Falcoa for one will be getting sold....magnificent player...altho don't think they'll get that much for him...

on a similiar note Man City reported losses of ?190 million....that'll take some moving...when are the new laws being enforced by Uefa where clubs have to break even?...It would've been hilarious if it had been this season coming and u'd probably have the English champions unable to compete and also the Europa League winners not able to defend their win.

The owners of Man City will just sign off the majority of their debts with 'sponsorship' deals similar to the new Stadium name and current strip sponshorship.

The owners of Man City will just sign off the majority of their debts with 'sponsorship' deals similar to the new Stadium name and current strip sponshorship.

But does that not mean the money is no longer debt. Ie the debt has been paid off by naming rites?

Or am I missing something. unsure.gif

But does that not mean the money is no longer debt. Ie the debt has been paid off by naming rites?

Or am I missing something. unsure.gif

Correct, it is no longer debt as they effectivly bought the debt for the right to name the stadium or the shirts etc.

Other option is debt for equity, like Vlad has done several times.

Basicaly buy the debt for more shares in the company.

That is provided the debt is to themselves, or they actually pay the bank or whoever holds the debt.

Correct, it is no longer debt as they effectivly bought the debt for the right to name the stadium or the shirts etc.

That is provided the debt is to themselves, or they actually pay the bank or whoever holds the debt.

Yeah thats what I thought,, just wondering how Athletico will sort their debt out??

They reckon City will be running without losses in 3 years.New sponsorships,more money as champions.Which in includes tv,Champions league and Far East share of the market.

Hibee Hater

Their owners combined have something like 550 billion pound so thats like happy meal to them.

Edit- The man city owners.

They see Real getting bailed out by the Spanish government and say hey we'll just do the same

Setting dangerous precidents :ninja:

They see Real getting bailed out by the Spanish government and say hey we'll just do the same

Setting dangerous precidents :ninja:

Good for them,all Spanish clubs should back them up as well.

Real got away murder over their debts.

Archived