'Dad and son banned from cup final over brawl charge'

Happy Hearts

Happy Hearts

Must be one very proud father.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/dad-and-son-banned-from-cup-final-over-brawl-charge-1-2279528

FATHER and son have been banned from the Scottish Cup final after being charged over a brawl at Glasgow Central Station, which saw a man lose an ear.

Hibs fans Andrew Blance, 47, and Jamie Blance, 25, received bail conditions barring them from attending the Hampden final against rivals Hearts, while Jamie was also banned from all football matches involving the Easter Road side.

The pair appeared before Glasgow Sheriff Court following a mass fight with Ayr United fans on March 10. One man was taken to hospital as a result of the incident after a Scottish Cup quarter-final at Somerset Park in Ayr, between Ayr United and Hibs. A severed ear was found at the scene.

Andrew Blance made no plea or declaration while Jamie Blance pleaded not guilty to the charges. It is understood 23 people have so far been charged following the punch-up.

Police have remained tight-lipped over operations to prevent hooligan elements clashing when the rival Edinburgh sides meet in what will be a highly charged Cup final, but it is expected that potential flashpoints, such as Harthill Services on the M8, would see increased patrols on May 19.

The News told last week how officers at Lothian and Borders Police would be working extra shifts over cup final weekend amid fears that football rivalry and all-day drinking could prove ?an explosive mix?.

But today a former senior officer, who wished to remain anonymous, said intelligence gathering to pinpoint known football casuals would be under way, with identified hooligans then monitored by police.

He said: ?There?s always a difficulty in putting a security and public order blanket on an event while keeping it light-handed and positive.

?There will be an intelligence exercise going on to identify who potential troublemakers are and they will be kept away from the ground if they are banned. If they arrive at the ground they will be supervised and monitored.?

He added: ?A very small amount of people can cause a huge amount of trouble unless you are very careful?.

Whilst admitting that the Edinburgh derby lacks the sectarian ferocity of an Old Firm game, the ex-police officer said areas of the Capital, and especifically Harthill Services, will be monitored.

?Harthill is the only stopping point between the Edinburgh and Glasgow and so it will be very well policed,? he said. ?They will be there in numbers and make sure there is no clash or potential clash between fans.?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They're like the world's shanest tag-team or something. :rofl:

Legions of Zoom. :D

Happy Hearts

Exclusive: I want to guide my sons away from life of violence, says football thug Andy Blance

Sep 23 2009 By Mark Smith

NOTORIOUS football thug Andy Blance now faces a new fight - trying to steer his sons away from a life of football hooliganism.

We revealed in yesterday's Daily Record how Blance, from the feared Hibs CCS gang, was approached by a gangster to call in a ?300,000 debt from a top Scottish international football star.

Blance, once jailed for plunging an axe into the head of a rival, refused - claiming that his days as a criminal and football thug are behind him.

But in his new book, Hibs Boy, he says he is reaping a bitter harvest from his days as Scotland's most notorious football thug.

Two of his three sons, Kevin, 23, and Jamie, 22, are now sliding into the violent world of football gangs - with Andy desperate to see them take a different path.

Blance, 42, said: "I am close to Kevin and Jamie, my two oldest boys. I brought them up in the faith - they are both fanatical Hibbys, just like their dad.

"They are like me in another respect.

"Both are fully paid-up members of the football hooligan brotherhood. Who was it said that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

"Some people might think that their involvement in the 'family business' makes me secretly proud. It doesn't. I didn't want them to follow in my footsteps and I worry constantly about what might happen.

"For that reason I always phone them after a game, just to make sure they are all right.

"When one of them got arrested I remember Margo pointedly asking, 'Where did he get that from, I wonder?'."

Blance also has another battle on his hands, campaigning against anti-social behaviour and speeding drivers in his home town of Inverkeithing, Fife.

He said: "I suppose I have become a kind of unofficial neighbourhood warden. I am talking here about anti-social behaviour. I won't stand for it and thanks to my reputation it is almost unheard of round our way.

"If I didn't do it, no one else would.

"The council and the Old Bill don't give a toss about people like us.

"One of the most annoying - and dangerous - practices that I have tried to stamp out is speeding cars and buses.

"Where I live there are lots of young kids, many of whom play in the street.

"For the life of me I can't understand why drivers insist on doing speeds in excess of 50 miles per hour on our estate. In 2006, a child was knocked down and killed just a stone's throw from my house.

"Do they really want to kill another one?" He added: "I often stand in the middle of the road and stop speeding cars. I then give the drivers a piece of my mind. They usually get the message.

"Such are my powers of persuasion that violence has only been necessary once and a speeding bus driver was involved.

"I just lost the plot, grabbed him by the throat and whacked him in the face.

"Maybe next time he'll remember his Highway Code."

The Comedian
"Do they really want to kill another one?" He added: "I often stand in the middle of the road and stop speeding cars. I then give the drivers a piece of my mind. They usually get the message.

"Such are my powers of persuasion that violence has only been necessary once and a speeding bus driver was involved.

"I just lost the plot, grabbed him by the throat and whacked him in the face.

"Maybe next time he'll remember his Highway Code."

:cornette:

:strewth:

:facepalm:

:Vlad-Stupid:

In that order.

paulos love child

Because of **** wits like that the wife wont let me take the wee boy :angry: . Dont blame her either, i blame they idiots.

mahgrassyshoes

#classy

You can use that one if you want Ratboy...

Farquar Hoffe

andy-blance-9.jpg?w=300

Top Boey likesay! Pwoppa Nawty! Pals with Irvine Welsh ken.......

The saddest thing about this whole affair is that he wont be at hampden to witness his beloved "Hubs" getting pumped by The Famous.

:verysmug:

Shame.........

Pants Shaton

andy-blance-9.jpg?w=300

Top Boey likesay! Pwoppa Nawty! Pals with Irvine Welsh ken.......

The saddest thing about this whole affair is that he wont be at hampden to witness his beloved "Hubs" getting pumped by The Famous.

:verysmug:

Shame.........

He'll be standing in the middle of Inverkeithing High Street hurling abuse at bus drivers.

Farquar Hoffe

He'll be standing in the middle of Inverkeithing High Street hurling abuse at bus drivers.

Either that or hurling his own excrement........

monkeys_fling_poo.jpg

Serj Tankian

Inspector Blancey

chico1874

Hes a loud mouth and a

COWARD !!

He needs to be loud, taylors only got one ear!

Defo wasn't Ayr they were battling. More like a few Rangers waiting to meet them and to "welcome" them. <_<

Defo wasn't Ayr they were battling. More like a few Rangers waiting to meet them and to "welcome" them. <_<

Seymour M Hersh

Must be one very proud father.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/dad-and-son-banned-from-cup-final-over-brawl-charge-1-2279528

FATHER and son have been banned from the Scottish Cup final after being charged over a brawl at Glasgow Central Station, which saw a man lose an ear.

Hibs fans Andrew Blance, 47, and Jamie Blance, 25, received bail conditions barring them from attending the Hampden final against rivals Hearts, while Jamie was also banned from all football matches involving the Easter Road side.

The pair appeared before Glasgow Sheriff Court following a mass fight with Ayr United fans on March 10. One man was taken to hospital as a result of the incident after a Scottish Cup quarter-final at Somerset Park in Ayr, between Ayr United and Hibs. A severed ear was found at the scene.

Andrew Blance made no plea or declaration while Jamie Blance pleaded not guilty to the charges. It is understood 23 people have so far been charged following the punch-up.

Police have remained tight-lipped over operations to prevent hooligan elements clashing when the rival Edinburgh sides meet in what will be a highly charged Cup final, but it is expected that potential flashpoints, such as Harthill Services on the M8, would see increased patrols on May 19.

The News told last week how officers at Lothian and Borders Police would be working extra shifts over cup final weekend amid fears that football rivalry and all-day drinking could prove ?an explosive mix?.

But today a former senior officer, who wished to remain anonymous, said intelligence gathering to pinpoint known football casuals would be under way, with identified hooligans then monitored by police.

He said: ?There?s always a difficulty in putting a security and public order blanket on an event while keeping it light-handed and positive.

?There will be an intelligence exercise going on to identify who potential troublemakers are and they will be kept away from the ground if they are banned. If they arrive at the ground they will be supervised and monitored.?

He added: ?A very small amount of people can cause a huge amount of trouble unless you are very careful?.

Whilst admitting that the Edinburgh derby lacks the sectarian ferocity of an Old Firm game, the ex-police officer said areas of the Capital, and especifically Harthill Services, will be monitored.

?Harthill is the only stopping point between the Edinburgh and Glasgow and so it will be very well policed,? he said. ?They will be there in numbers and make sure there is no clash or potential clash between fans.?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111381-arf-arf-blance/page__p__2891229#entry2891229

amadjambo

Anyone know if his partner in crime, Ivor, is still involved with all this nonsense?

chico1874

Anyone know if his partner in crime, Ivor, is still involved with all this nonsense?

No he's not involved any more., not well liked at hibs as is Blanche !

Jesus, don't tell me Ivor the Engine, the loveable Welsh Engine is a Hibs Casual ??

amadjambo

No he's not involved any more., not well liked at hibs as is Blanche !

I'm pleased about that. Ivor was a really sound and intelligent guy. Not seen him in years though, not since I bumped into him walking his Alsatians along Princes St on a weekend out the nick.

I'm pleased about that. Ivor was a really sound and intelligent guy. Not seen him in years though, not since I bumped into him walking his Alsatians along Princes St on a weekend out the nick.

I was good mates with Ivor for many years and he was a pretty decent bloke to be fair. Not seen him for a few years either.

Richard Luffnan

He needs to be loud, taylors only got one ear!

Taylor gets smashed of the young team these days .. what a shame

winston churchill

Last i heard he was keeping pigeons.

• 1 year later...

That's a couple of them heading to the cells for 9 months top bell end Ged McCann and Mikey Imrie midget axeman Blance get sentenced tomorrow .

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's a couple of them heading to the cells for 9 months top bell end Ged McCann and Mikey Imrie midget axeman Blance get sentenced tomorrow .

Who's Ged McCann?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

a throbber of the highest order used to stay near me growing up and was always looking to fight people .

Does he work at the Western General?

Seen Blance and Co outside ER prior to a Derby Had police by his side What got me was the size of him as I passed OMS :bucktooth: Wee Man syndrome if ever

a few of them got off with community service a couple of weeks back....their lawyer told them they were looking at a year in the jail and couldn't believe it when they only got CS

MacDonald Jardine

he is / used to be a bin man stayed down northfield

He used to drink in the Right Wing.

Obnoxious ***** always.

So nobodys been jailed and nobodys getting jailed then ??

Pay attention FFS! GED McCann and mikey imrie both got 9 months at the bar-L!

Another group of hibs sentenced tomorrow .

:pleasing:

Pair of fuds.

Thought i would have heard something, oh well you must know them and know better.

Italian Lambretta

Ian Taylor was the wee runt that got his ear bitten of by Andy Frain commonly known as (nightmare) the chelsea hoolie caught in the Donald McIntyre sting

Good Luck up the Big Hoose with the amount of bams that place has in place at any given time.

Shame!!

:lol:

Good Luck up the Big Hoose with the amount of bams that place has in place at any given time.

I'm sure it'll be "interesting" for anyone ending up in there for fighting with Rangers....

Thought i would have heard something, oh well you must know them and know better.

What age are you 10 or something get a grip!

Serg tankian was first with the news I just repeated it for you! Read the thread back, then go and finish your homework!!!!!!!

Serg tankian was first with the news I just repeated it for you! Read the thread back, then go and finish your homework!!!!!!!

It says they will be sentenced tomorrow and seems to suggest that 2 other people got 9 months today but they are not named.

Certainly not 10 pal so enough of your shite. I was just surprised to hear that one of the guys that i know had just been jailed for 9 months as i hadn't heard anything mentioned ??

Ian Taylor was the wee runt that got his ear bitten of by Andy Frain commonly known as (nightmare) the chelsea hoolie caught in the Donald McIntyre sting

The Chelsea fatman?

Ged was an evil piece and the fact he's still involved serves him right.

Archived