"would you" threads

systemx

Articles in both yesterdays Observor and Scotland on Sunday saying that several Police Forces are starting to take an interest in these type of threads.They are saying that some posts could be construed as threats and arrests may follow.

peter_hmfc

Thought this was going to be a guilty, "Get Her Pumped!" bursds thread.

The Real Maroonblood

Same here. :down:

jimmyjambo

And me :(

Articles in both yesterdays Observor and Scotland on Sunday saying that several Police Forces are starting to take an interest in these type of threads.They are saying that some posts could be construed as threats and arrests may follow.

Christ that's Orwellian in it's reach. Got a link?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Would you?

esp6005c__99855_zoom.jpg

I find her very arresting :whistling:

I suspect, having poked around the websites that the OP helpfully never linked to, that it's a mis-interpretation of comments made by Claire Black regarding some of the tweets sent to Louise Mensch.

I MAKE no secret of my fondness for salty language. But the vitriol that?s floating about the internet like a thick, rank layer of scum is starting to make me feel queasy.

Tory MP Louise Mensch is the latest in a growing line of women in the public eye willing to highlight the abuse she is subjected to online. Mensch ?favourited? some of the tweets she received after her various TV appearances discussing the parliamentary report on Rupert Murdoch. Truly grim reading.

It's not at all suggesting that the Plod is policing the internet ready to take action against anyone who posts about how shaggable 'celebrity X' is. :facepalm:

Full article here: http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/opinion/comment/claire-black-online-attacks-diminish-us-all-1-2277523

Tommy Wiseau

TBF, Louise Mensch - defo would. :smuggy:

She could sit on my Parliamentary Committee any day :smuggy:

Jambof3tornado

So are comments along the lines of "like a rat up a drainpipe" and "until she burst" allowed or not??

Johanes de Silentio

So are comments along the lines of "like a rat up a drainpipe" and "until she burst" allowed or not??

No - you can't say anything about painter's radios or neighbours complaining about smells either, so stop it.

Yes, that would be a cause for concern........

It's not at all suggesting that the Plod is policing the internet ready to take action against anyone who posts about how shaggable 'celebrity X' is.

Full article here: http://www.scotsman....s-all-1-2277523

.......but evidently not.

Anyone got a link that supports the contention that police forces are interested in "would you" threads on internet forums? :unsure:

It would seem it's more to do with sexual threats and violence against women, not so much posting a picture with a "phwoaaaaaar" caption underneath.

Archived