Zaliukas

Eckauskas

Eckauskas

Well, we got beat tonight lads.

Any ideas how we attribute blame to Zal this time?

Didn't put a foot wrong , all down to macdonalds inability to hold a ball,

And not forgetting a brillian pass from zal to temps who should have squared it

John McClure

thought he was pretty decent, couldny do much about the goal as the ball just bounced past his reach and straight to higdon

was very comfortable all night elsewise

Do The Dance

Thought he was good. Fantastic ball at the very end ( pretty sure it was him)

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Should have scored then he would have got us a point .......:down:

Eckauskas

Should have scored then he would have got us a point .......:down:

You're being far too lenient IMO.

Should have scored 3 and got us the win :down:

:shitwine:

Zal and Barr were our top players. Sadly, the arsehole behind me criticised everything he did - because he should have scored a goal with every touch he had.

Sergio Garcia

Best Hearts player on the pitch by a mile.

I think there will be a lot of Elliott and McDonald bashing threads that Zal will escape this week.

Nucky Thompson

Didn't put a foot wrong tonight, we only got beat because our keeper spilled a shot onto the penalty spot :ermm:

Eckauskas

One good game out of 36 isnt bad eh?

Agreed.

Who can forget the stinker he had at Hampden the other week :down:

mahgrassyshoes

:lol: pathetic. Forgotten the semi already aye? McDiarmid too aye?

Neil Jung

Brilliant

Outstanding

Masterful

Brazen

Sensational

Cunning

Artful

Reliable

Enigmatic

BobbyJenkins

Very assured tonight, switched on and good going forward so motm for me. I thought Barr did well again, far better than Mrowiec in midfield.

winningways

Good performance tonight , but still must be his fault we got beat surely ?

mahgrassyshoes

Brilliant

Outstanding

Masterful

Brazen

Sensational

Cunning

Artful

Reliable

Enigmatic

No, mate: -

Bombscare

Goal a game

Guaranteed penalty/red card

Liability

Never a hearts captain

:rolleyes:

Napoleon  Wilson

I thought we were actually pretty good tonight except for the final ball. If Beattie or Skacel had been playing from the get go who knows,I think we maybe could have won the game?

Still I blame Zal, he's a ******* *****. And a shit captain. And a foreigner.

I will be seething when I see him lift that Scottish Cup. Seething.

Hibee Hater

His pass to temps right at the end was outstanding. Apart from Blacks against hibs i have not seen a better pass this season from a hearts player anyway

Bert Le Clos

Zal and Grainger were the best Hearts players on the park.

:shitwine:

One good post out of many isn't bad either.

Oh wait...

grumpyespana

All the back four played solid tonight.

Grumpy.

Tommy Wiseau

Once again, captain Zaliukas puts in a tremendous performance for the Hearts. Shame others don't follow his lead more often tbh.

Very assured tonight, switched on and good going forward so motm for me. I thought Barr did well again, far better than Mrowiec in midfield.

I agree with most of the above

Daisy Doodle

Suso for me

:lol: pathetic. Forgotten the semi already aye? McDiarmid too aye?

Sorry i meant 3 games out of 38 isnt bad.

Hungry hippo

Yeah, that was the best Grainger has played for a while. Barr was also good yet again.

Daisy Doodle

Yes, what about him?

He was probably, along with Zal and Grainger, the best player on the park. Also had our best effort at goal.

Zal, Grainger and Suso played very well tonight. I must've been at a different game because the majority of the folk around me were seething at Barr's distribution and saying he looked lost. Have to agree.

Daisy Doodle

I take it you and the folk around you were the ones booing? Aye, thought so.

Hey I never booed once and never have ok. erse!!

Good performance from Zaliukas tonight. He seems to be cutting the low percentage stuff out of his game. :thumb:

Tommy Wiseau

I wish some of our more 'creative' players like Taouil and Driver took responsibility like Zaliukas does. He shows more drive and energy going forward than anyone at times. Took up some great positions after powerful runs tonight but was never utilised.

I wish some of our more 'creative' players like Taouil and Driver took responsibility like Zaliukas does. He shows more drive and energy going forward than anyone at times. Took up some great positions after powerful runs tonight but was never utilised.

I don't think Taouil has ever created anything in his puff. Awful.

Tommy Wiseau

I don't think Taouil has ever created anything in his puff. Awful.

Hence me adding the inverted commas, Coco - he is murder polis. His decision making is as slow as a week in the jail as well. A few step overs and a half decent first touch might make you the top boey at Killie, but it's not going to wash at Tynie I'm afraid.

i thought that Mehdi started well but we have too many players who can only play for small parts of games

Maurice Moss

i thought that Mehdi started well but we have too many players who can only play for small parts of games

Started off ok on the ball, but I reckon he was the one given the task of supporting Elliott, and he got nowhere near to doing that. I don't think he is as bad as others make out but he never looked like doing anything tonight.

Zaliukas played brilliantly. Even when he went to right back, towards the end, he took full responsibility and was one of the few players charging forward with the ball. To think that people question his attributes as captain...

Thunderstruck

Lost count of the number of times that Zal broke forward with the ball.

At least twice in the first half he broke forward, slipped the ball to Temps for a return pass only for Temps to totally ignore him and then contrive to lose possession.

His break forward an pass to Temps at the very end deserved better - like a cut back to Rudi who was on edge of six yard box.

Hungry Heart

Zaliukas played brilliantly. Even when he went to right back, towards the end, he took full responsibility and was one of the few players charging forward with the ball. To think that people question his attributes as captain...

Very much this.

Zaliukas was easily MOM tonight, never put a foot wrong. Also agree with some of the other posters in this thread that his driving runs and passes created our best opportunities. In a game where the plan appeared to be MacDonald and Webster lumping the ball up to the smallest players in the league, at least Zaliukas was looking for some players to come deep and when they were not showing for the ball he decided to take it up himself.

I'd also like to say something that some may not agree with: Zaliukas actually plays like this or close to this most weeks. It's just in other games the other players usually play better than they did tonight and the focus is on others. We could be talking about a Temps dribble, Beattie goal or Rudi hat-trick (and rightly so) yet meanwhile Zal is at the back playing just like he did tonight. He consistently performs as well or close to as well as he did tonight.

Maurice Moss

Very much this.

Zaliukas was easily MOM tonight, never put a foot wrong. Also agree with some of the other posters in this thread that his driving runs and passes created our best opportunities. In a game where the plan appeared to be MacDonald and Webster lumping the ball up to the smallest players in the league, at least Zaliukas was looking for some players to come deep and when they were not showing for the ball he decided to take it up himself.

I'd also like to say something that some may not agree with: Zaliukas actually plays like this or close to this most weeks. It's just in other games the other players usually play better than they did tonight and the focus is on others. We could be talking about a Temps dribble, Beattie goal or Rudi hat-trick (and rightly so) yet meanwhile Zal is at the back playing just like he did tonight. He consistently performs as well or close to as well as he did tonight.

He certainly does. I mentioned on another thread that one of the key reasons Zaliukas is seen as 'error prone' is due to the fact that he is the one that takes the ball out of defence and looks for passes. He often plays like he did tonight, and doesn't put a foot wrong, and occasionally he will make a mistake or get caught out and be a long way out of position. He is a very important player for us, and IMO his pros far outweigh his cons.

Webster did a clanger in the 1st half by playing the ball out to a motherwell player and some muppet shouted Zal FFS

Nuff said

:whistling:

Archived