Team/Tactics/Formation for Tuesday night in Doletown?

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

What does everyone think should be the plan for Tuesday night then. 1 up front? 2? Play it tight and try get them on the break, or just go out all guns blazing and try blow them away early doors?

For my part, I'd just go with yesterdays team, but with a word in Stewarts ear that if he isn't doing the bizz, he is hooked at half time. OK, so thats the team and the 4-5-1 sorted. Now for strategy. Mudderwell shipped 3 goals to celtic reserves yesterday, that is very poor, and if it hadn't been for Audreys miss, then we'd have been 3 up and cruising against them last week.

I think they looked, and are, shaky at the back, so although we are away and it's winner takes all, I'd prefer we just went out and tried to damage them early doors, I think we can do this, and I also think that defensively, even though Karapidis has added stability, we are so bloody shaky at the back I have doubt we can soak up pressure and hit on the break. They can also be a bit tasty up front, and it's over 2 years since we've come from a goal down to win (brutal stat that, shameful really). So it's 'all guns blazing' for me.

Lets have your views ladies and gents. C'mon, lets be having you....

Think we will go with the same Nelly. Not sure if there will be knocks from yesterdays game though.

Think Miko may get a longer run out with 2 games in a short space of time may show on Chesney's fitness.

Nelly Terraces
Think we will go with the same Nelly. Not sure if there will be knocks from yesterdays game though.

Think Miko may get a longer run out with 2 games in a short space of time may show on Chesney's fitness.

Think thats why we have to get in about them early. Shock and awe is what I'm looking for from minute 1.

Think thats why we have to get in about them early. Shock and awe is what I'm looking for from minute 1.

High tempo is the key.

In their faces early doors and dictate the game.

It will be a tough one, but Im pretty confident.

This playing one up front is doing my nut in.

I think Velicka has the potential to be a real goal scoring machine for us but ffs give him someone to work with.

Play high up the park, like the first 30 mins yesterday, make sure Jose knows this means he has to be as tight as a nuns chuff and we'll do them early.

If we keep it tight in the middle theirs no reason why we cant keep another clean sheet.

What I remember from our away match against 'well earlier is that whilst they did like to attack - they were direct but also quite predictable.

If we can get the same handle on them this time I'd be happy to sit and hit them on the counter, that seems to suit us - especially with Driver and Chesney ready to exploit space.

It could be an absolute cracker of a game.

Same team. Although Frail should give Driver and Stewart a kick up the arse.

It just hasn't been happening for either of them lately and I lost count of the amount of times both of them lost the ball yesterday.

Same team for me. (If Stewart is struggling would be happy to see Wallace in the middle)

Must get the ball to the wings quicker though and support Velicka more.

We MUST also stop giving the ball away so cheaply.

Nelly Terraces
Same team for me. (If Stewart is struggling would be happy to see Wallace in the middle)

Must get the ball to the wings quicker though and support Velicka more.

We MUST also stop giving the ball away so cheaply.

Totally spot on. If we play 1 up then the support has to in there quicker. You know what, I'd like to see Chesney just given a free role to do what the ***** he likes, cut in from the wing, get in behind Velicka in the middle, even switch wings wi Driver if they felt like it. I think this lot could be susceptible to a bloke like Ches pulling them all over. It would give him a chance at getting a few strikes in goals and might just create a bit of space/disruption for others to have a pop.

And yeah, stop giving the sodding thing away, a la the last ? hour yesterday when we couldnt string 2 passes together. Oh, and while I'm at it and being greedy, don't come out at the start of the 2nd half pretending the job is done and we can just sit back and let them come at us.

Cheers. Discussing football sure beats waffling about salutes, songs, Gary Mackay blah, blah...

NT.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Five across midfield with 3 pretty much defensive minded central midfielders yesterday did not work. The midfield were tripping over each other most of the game.

I would play a midfield of Driver Eggert Ruben and Miko and give Chesney a free role.

Tin hat on.

Totally spot on. If we play 1 up then the support has to in there quicker. You know what, I'd like to see Chesney just given a free role to do what the ***** he likes, cut in from the wing, get in behind Velicka in the middle, even switch wings wi Driver if they felt like it. I think this lot could be susceptible to a bloke like Ches pulling them all over. It would give him a chance at getting a few strikes in goals and might just create a bit of space/disruption for others to have a pop.

And yeah, stop giving the sodding thing away, a la the last ? hour yesterday when we couldnt string 2 passes together. Oh, and while I'm at it and being greedy, don't come out at the start of the 2nd half pretending the job is done and we can just sit back and let them come at us.

Cheers. Discussing football sure beats waffling about salutes, songs, Gary Mackay blah, blah...

NT.

That's put paid to my thread about Gary Mackay singing whilst giving Nazi salutes.

Five across midfield with 3 pretty much defensive minded central midfielders yesterday did not work. The midfield were tripping over each other most of the game.

I would play a midfield of Driver Eggert Ruben and Miko and give Chesney a free role.

Tin hat on.

I agree, think Chesney would be good in the free role position

Nelly Terraces
That's put paid to my thread about Gary Mackay singing whilst giving Nazi salutes.

:biggrin:

NT.

PS, class siggy mate, my mate sent me that photie via text yesterday wi a message saying 'mind this trumpet', that's the reason we have to do these ***** today!!' A hobo Don Johnson fae the 80's. Suite jacket wi the sleeves rolled up and fitba top underneath. Criminal clothing, even back then!! Wonder if the knob parked his speedboat in Leith Docks?

arf!

I can't make up my mind whether you give the ol' Chesney/Miko swapping roles and running wild act a shot (don't tell Dr Lager!) - or stick with your formation Nells.

One things for sure - I hope Mikey is a wee bit better and not still sufferin' from his bug... :boak:

Having said that, an unexpected bonus to the whole day yesterday was seeing that big f**ny Rob Jones slip and fall on his a*e in Mikey boy's puke! - lovely! :4_1_72:

If we go 4-4-1-1 we must get forward quicker to support Velicka,and win

more second ball's.

On Saturday,mostly second half we never got to the second ball often enough.

Archived