Scottish Plain Bread

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Is there anyone a fan of this bread? I personally love the stuff and can easily munch 5 or 6 slices of the stuff with lurpack on it in the one sitting.

Say What Again
Is there anyone a fan of this bread? I personally love the stuff and can easily munch 5 or 6 slices of the stuff with lurpack on it in the one sitting.

I love it as well mate and, as you say, it's the only bread I'll happily eat with spread alone on it. Though in my case, it's Gold and not Lurpak :P

I love it, with butter sliced on it :)

just back from the shops, wish I had bought some now. Will have to wait till tomorrow..

Miller Jambo 60
I love it as well mate and, as you say, it's the only bread I'll happily eat with spread alone on it. Though in my case, it's Gold and not Lurpak :P

Me too worked for A flour mill for 15 years.

And i love scottish plain bread.

Goose Baxter

With normal bread you can just eat 1 or 2 slices but with this, its amazing how much of the stuff that you can eat.

Just bought the green packet (thick cut ) and have just munched on the heel!!!! Inch thick and covered in butter!!

Also goes well as toast

Say What Again
Just bought the green packet (thick cut ) and have just munched on the heel

The thick-cut heel, buttered and folded in half, hurts your jaw trying to eat it :)

christhejambo

Just been round to the shop to get myself a loaf. The heel is awesome- not had this stuff for years, but absolutely loved it as a kid- massive slab of a heel, butter, and a wee bit of jam :P:p:p

Boaby Prentice

Buy it every time the wife sends me to the shops.

It's the best bread to dunk, eat with spread, toasted and easily the best for making triple deckers!!!!

I'd forgotten about that bread! Yes indeed cheese on toast on one of the heels is bloody fantastic!

Legend Claws
love the stuff toasted with pate.the business!

Man that sounds so good!

I really am missing Scottish cuisine at it's finest!

Oh god I want it now!

Wouldn't imagine I have be much chance though!

Dotto BB!! Best bread on the planet! And toasted...yum!

Lynn:ninja:

The Real Maroonblood
Seem to remeber getting sent for bread, and being asked at the store plain or pan.

I stayed in the South Side so it was plain. The pan was for the posh folk.

I always buy plain bread.

One Kingsmill Toastie and One Plain Loaf.

Butter, Tomato, Salt. Yum.

I am just gonna totally ruin this thread and say that I prefer Waburtons Toastie Bread..!! Best Cheese on Toast is with this Bread..... :)

I stayed in the South Side so it was plain. The pan was for the posh folk.

Ye cannae get any more southside than South Oxford Street, but my mother had champagne taste with beer money.:rolleyes:

I don't get the fascination with this stuff. I think it's pretty disgusting. :boak:Haven't eaten the stuff in over 30 years.

I bought a plain loaf from marks & spencers today, not as good as mothers pride, but it was nice after reading this thread yesterday...

blondejamtart
I only buy toasters that can cope with plain bread. Class.

Same here, Barby! Toasted, spread liberally with butter - yum! Toasted, butter and Marmite - food of the gods!

Same here, Barby! Toasted, spread liberally with butter - yum! Toasted, butter and Marmite - food of the gods!

Deep joy, bjt.

maroonlegions

same here but you cannae beat a chip buttie with that bread.:P

It's magic with mince 'n' tatties.

Mop up all the gravy with the bread.

Superb.

Or dunked in homemade tattie soup:)

I really miss the stuff. Great toasted especially the heels with plenty butter. I once arranged for a salesman to bring me some back from Corby, which must be the only place outside Scotland where you can buy it. Altho I suspect they're on sale in Blackpool too.

Also really miss, proper Scottish Morning Rolls. I used to love them on a Sunday monring when I'd been out on the lash. The bloody English are as good at making rolls as they are at taking penalties.

Did an online shop with Asda today and ordered a loaf of plain bread on the back of this thread.

Hope its as good as i remember.

:P

Goose Baxter
Did an online shop with Asda today and ordered a loaf of plain bread on the back of this thread.

Hope its as good as i remember.

:P

Is this an old loaf of bread? has it been going for years?

My mum hates the stuff so when she sends me over to the shop to get some bread i come back with the two off them. Once scottish plain.

I hope you enjoy it my friend!

Archived