Maddy Mccann

jambogaza

Five years on from her disappearance, what are peoples' thoughts on this case now? On the news earlier that the chief investigator from Portugal, who has now left the force, made millions selling books in which he stated he firmly believed that she died in the apartment. Programme about the case is on Panorama on Wednesday night.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

No reason why the former chief investigator shouldn't air his views on the case.

Edited by moogsy

John McClure

These threads usually dont end well

i think they will never find out what happened to her. maybe too many mistakes made early on by the portuguese

Better call Saul

These threads usually dont end well

i think they will never find out what happened to her. maybe too many mistakes made early on by the portuguese

Or by the parents !

then the Portuguese need Not to be included.

Edited by Clark Griswold

I still cant help but think that if this family were not middle class then they would have been burned alive for leaving their child alone. Who the feck does that? I'd never leave my boy alone in a house, not at the thought of abduction but what if the place burned down??

I'd stick a fiver on her still being alive in a basement somewhere, every now and a gain a major story breaks and i'm sure this one isn't finished. Parents haven't covered themselves in glory, but i still would ... :ninja:

kate-mccann.jpg

Is it true that two cadaver dogs gave positive indications about the scent of human remains in and about the Portugese apartment?

I still cant help but think that if this family were not middle class then they would have been burned alive for leaving their child alone. Who the feck does that? I'd never leave my boy alone in a house, not at the thought of abduction but what if the place burned down??

I'd stick a fiver on her still being alive in a basement somewhere, every now and a gain a major story breaks and i'm sure this one isn't finished. Parents haven't covered themselves in glory, but i still would ... :ninja:

kate-mccann.jpg

This make come across as arsey but it's genuinely not meant as I know where you are coming from but....can you cite any actual examples where "lower class" parents have been charged with neglect or whatever after their children have been snatched/murdered or similar? There maybe are some, I just can't recall any.

Is it true that two cadaver dogs gave positive indications about the scent of human remains in and about the Portugese apartment?

And interestingly enough, a jury convicted David Gilroy recently of murder with a cadaver dog being a key part of the prosecution evidence...

This make come across as arsey but it's genuinely not meant as I know where you are coming from but....can you cite any actual examples where "lower class" parents have been charged with neglect or whatever after their children have been snatched/murdered or similar? There maybe are some, I just can't recall any.

No you're right, I don't have any examples ... but i can't help thinking if these were two unemployed state scroungers then they would have received a different reaction from the public.

No you're right, I don't have any examples ... but i can't help thinking if these were two unemployed state scroungers then they would have received a different reaction from the public.

A positive reaction, you mean? Because the McCanns have had a HUGE amount of negativity and bad press.

A positive reaction, you mean? Because the McCanns have had a HUGE amount of negativity and bad press.

Aye they've been given bad press in relation to being accused of the disappearance but the fact their poor decision making resulted in this.

And interestingly enough, a jury convicted David Gilroy recently of murder with a cadaver dog being a key part of the prosecution evidence...

And in that case only 1 of the 2 dogs reacted unlike this case where both dogs reacted.

Can't really comment further as have to avoid an infraction but its quite clear to me that the portuguese had no hidden agenda or anything to gain from not seeking out the truth here.

Aye they've been given bad press in relation to being accused of the disappearance but the fact their poor decision making resulted in this.

No doubt about that.

And in that case only 1 of the 2 dogs reacted unlike this case where both dogs reacted.

Can't really comment further as have to avoid an infraction but its quite clear to me that the portuguese had no hidden agenda or anything to gain from not seeking out the truth here.

:bitgay:

Only one dog was used in the Suzanne Pilley murder investigation as far as I'm aware.

Only one dog was used in the Suzanne Pilley murder investigation as far as I'm aware.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good Madeleine McCann thread...

Gregory House M.D.

Doesn't exactly help that the predicted photo of her now looks twice her actual age:

madeleineccannpicpaimage.jpg

No, according to the BBC documentary the other night, there were 2.

Do The Dance

No, according to the BBC documentary the other night, there were 2.

It wasn't a key piece of evidence at the time as the dogs cannot decipher human blood to other animals, it proved that something dead had been in there, but this could have been an animal. (Although it proved to be that of body of Suzanne Pilley).

I still cant help but think that if this family were not middle class then they would have been burned alive for leaving their child alone.

Eh? As another poster has pointed out, this makes no sense whatsoever. Not sure how the reaction to the McCanns could have got any more negative, tbh...

Can't believe how many people think the parents did it!

Whatever you think of them leaving her, it's a big leap to say they did it based on zero evidence.

I dunno if we'll ever know what happened and I dunno if the parents are to blame. It's one of a few theories that one of em accidentally overdosed her and they got rid of the body but I find it hard to believe that a conspiracy involving all of their friends has lasted this long without anyone breaking their pact. Hope she's still alive somewhere oblivious to everything.

Poor girl , horrible bad parents , tragic story . And to make money for personal gain is sick .

Very True. The McCanns have maid Millions from the "Disapearance" of their daughter... Did the Bold Gerry's brother not give up his Job to help run The Maddie "Charity"??

Disgusting Family.

All bollox

They didn't do it

They are only *rightly* reviled for being *caught* out by leaving their kids alone

And their twins are boy / girl

And some spelling on this thread is shocking

Edit - and they only ever call their child by her full first name - Madelaine

Edited by jambovambo

Walter Bishop

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2009-06-15T09:41:00-07:00&max-results=1

:wtf:

MAJORCA, SEPTEMBER 2005

Madeleine McCann is two and a half years old and the twins just a few months when they go on holiday to Majorca with their parents. Three couples and their children go with them: David and Fiona Payne with their one-year-old daughter (Fiona is pregnant with their second child); S. and T., with their two children aged 1 and 3; finally S.G. and K.G., who have a one and a half year old daughter, E. (K.G., is also expecting a child). The trip was organised by David Payne. The latter rented a villa big enough to accommodate all of them.

S.G. got to know Madeleine's mother at university in Dundee, between 1987 and 1992. K.G. met Gerry McCann for the first time at his wedding to Kate in 1998. They become good friends, see each other regularly, spend weekends together and phone each other often.

After dinner on the third or fourth evening in Majorca, the friends are all settled on the patio. They are having a drink and chatting when K.G. witnesses a scene which flabbergasts her and makes her fear for the safety of her daughter and the other children. She is sitting between Gerry McCann and David Payne when she hears the latter ask if she - probably Madeleine - did "that": he then puts a finger in his mouth and begins sucking it while putting it in and out - the sexual connotation is obvious - while with the other hand, he traces small small circles around his nipple in an explicitly provocative way. While K.G., stupefied, regards Gerry and David, an uneasy silences settles around the table. Then they all start chatting again as if nothing happened. K.G. starts to distrust the way David Payne relates to the little ones. On another occasion, she sees David Payne making the same gestures while speaking about his own daughter. At this time, it's the fathers who give the children their baths, but K.G. no longer lets Payne near her daughter. After the holiday, K.G. will only meet the Paynes on one occasion, and she will not speak to them. Over the next two years, relations between K.G., S.G. and the McCanns becomes distanced; they will only see each other now at children's birthday parties.

Hopefully the publicity we see on the 5th anniversary may be of some hope, sure its a long shot,you just never know, fingers crossed for the young girl

As for the parents i have nothing but contempt, where are they anyway ?? not seen a lot of them, would think they would be blazing the trail

I know they like to orchestrate the media and be in full control maybe thats the reason they are conspicuous by there absence :rolleyes:

As for the financial aspect the kitty was always gonny run dry, I'm sure the McCanns will be able to account for every penny spent :rolleyes:

Had they not been self centred and down right selfish parent who put themselves first, that poor lassies disappearance would have not happened, they should have been done with neglect from the start

Anyway hope they find the girl Re of chance

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2009-06-15T09:41:00-07:00&max-results=1

:wtf:

MAJORCA, SEPTEMBER 2005

Madeleine McCann is two and a half years old and the twins just a few months when they go on holiday to Majorca with their parents. Three couples and their children go with them: David and Fiona Payne with their one-year-old daughter (Fiona is pregnant with their second child); S. and T., with their two children aged 1 and 3; finally S.G. and K.G., who have a one and a half year old daughter, E. (K.G., is also expecting a child). The trip was organised by David Payne. The latter rented a villa big enough to accommodate all of them.

S.G. got to know Madeleine's mother at university in Dundee, between 1987 and 1992. K.G. met Gerry McCann for the first time at his wedding to Kate in 1998. They become good friends, see each other regularly, spend weekends together and phone each other often.

After dinner on the third or fourth evening in Majorca, the friends are all settled on the patio. They are having a drink and chatting when K.G. witnesses a scene which flabbergasts her and makes her fear for the safety of her daughter and the other children. She is sitting between Gerry McCann and David Payne when she hears the latter ask if she - probably Madeleine - did "that": he then puts a finger in his mouth and begins sucking it while putting it in and out - the sexual connotation is obvious - while with the other hand, he traces small small circles around his nipple in an explicitly provocative way. While K.G., stupefied, regards Gerry and David, an uneasy silences settles around the table. Then they all start chatting again as if nothing happened. K.G. starts to distrust the way David Payne relates to the little ones. On another occasion, she sees David Payne making the same gestures while speaking about his own daughter. At this time, it's the fathers who give the children their baths, but K.G. no longer lets Payne near her daughter. After the holiday, K.G. will only meet the Paynes on one occasion, and she will not speak to them. Over the next two years, relations between K.G., S.G. and the McCanns becomes distanced; they will only see each other now at children's birthday parties.

And you seriously believe him, ahead of all the other evidence ?

H\ave a considerable, long and hard, word with yourself.

Hopefully the publicity we see on the 5th anniversary may be of some hope, sure its a long shot,you just never know, fingers crossed for the young girl

As for the parents i have nothing but contempt, where are they anyway ?? not seen a lot of them, would think they would be blazing the trail

I know they like to orchestrate the media and be in full control maybe thats the reason they are conspicuous by there absence :rolleyes:

As for the financial aspect the kitty was always gonny run dry, I'm sure the McCanns will be able to account for every penny spent :rolleyes:

Had they not been self centred and down right selfish parent who put themselves first, that poor lassies disappearance would have not happened, they should have been done with neglect from the start

Anyway hope they find the girl Re of chance

Wow.

If ever there was an example of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', it's this post.

Wow.

If ever there was an example of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't', it's this post.

They are no shrinking violets when it comes to the media but only on there terms it seems

You would think on such an important day they the parents would be pulling out all the stops to gain as much publicity as they can, don't see it

If she was kidnapped, sorry to say but she's long dead now. I think that the media coverage would have spooked any kidnappers and they would've cut their losses and, perversely because the coverage was to help rescue her, would've topped her and dumped the body.

Damn, i opened this thread thinking it would be akin to the Michelle Keegan one.

::troll:::'>

Walter Bishop

And you seriously believe him, ahead of all the other evidence ?

H\ave a considerable, long and hard, word with yourself.

Ok Gerry, sorry.

H J Simpson

The fact the mum refused to take a lie detector test or answer police questions says it all.

If it was me I'd have done anything possible to progess the investigation.

She's still fairly hot though - wouldn't say no to a threesome with her and Foxy Noxy

The fact that there is no evidence to prove other wise makes it all the more easy to believe that they done it, or had some part in it.

Not really. Shouldn't evidence of guilt be proven ? Lack of evidence to the contrary doesn't equal guilt.

How were there no signs of forced entry?

Because the apartment was already open.

Why was a single child was abducted from a room that had 3 children left alone in it?

Could be a number of reasons. Maybe one child's easier to carry than three ?

How did someone managed to sneak into the complex and escape with her without anyone else staying there seeing?

Someone did. Only she was a friend so the police didn't believe her.

How did nothing else suspicious happen?

Like Maddy asking why someone came into her room the previous night ? Or there being an unusually high instance of child abduction or attempted abduction in southern Portugal ?

How have there been absolutely no sightings of the girl in the years that have passed?

Because she's probably dead ?

They did it, but it's likely that they will never be found out. :down:

Yeah, because it'd be easy to kill your child and get rid of her body without guilt and in collaboration with your mates !!

Or did they hide her body when the police were on to them (and when everyone knew she was missing) then sneak off in the car the next day ?

It couldn't have been easy jetting off round the world to meet the pope, knowing all the while, you'd killed your daughter but hats off to them once the dust settled and the guilt subsided, they managed to write a book, committing their elaborate cover-up to print. thumbsup.gif

In my opinion one if the major developments throughout this sad episode and a development that I feel may have sealed the little girls fate was when they made public the mark on her pupil(eye).

Now any abducter that had taken her may have been spooked into getting rid of her so she would never be spotted!!

What they should have done was keep that info quiet and then any possible sightings would be verified by somebody who was in the know about her eye checking that.

The fact the mum refused to take a lie detector test or answer police questions says it all.

If it was me I'd have done anything possible to progess the investigation.

She's still fairly hot though - wouldn't say no to a threesome with her and Foxy Noxy

I'm sure I've read the parents were more than up for a lie detector test, nothing has materialised sadly, it may not stand up in court but if passed i think many negative opinions of the pair would change

Though I obviously have a lot of sympathy for this wee girl, It kind of bothers me the amount of exposure she got. Don't get me wrong, If a kid goes missing everything should be done to find them, but what about all the other kids who go missing every year in Britain alone? Do they get books about them, do they have 30 minutes stories on the news, massive charities and whole police squads looking for them? No they don't, but this one girl, the way they looked for her you would think she was the only way to stop the destruction of the world!

Again, nothing against this girl, I feel very sorry for her and it's such a shame, but what makes this one specific case more important than every other child who goes missing every year?