Maddy Mccann

jambogaza

On 23/08/2018 at 17:32, iantjambo said:

Police probably have a basic understanding of body language.

What I mean is someone who is an expert in the field.

There are a number of you tube clips by body language experts.

Most of them seem to come to the conclusion that the McCanns' are lying at various points during their interviews. One in particular compares them to other proven liars, and to be fair the similarities are noticeable.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Correct if this had been some couple from a council scheme they would have got two bob and told that's yer lot. They are guilty of being negligent no sympathy for them from me wasting taxpayers money.

:spoton:

55 minutes ago, merrymac said:

There are a number of you tube clips by body language experts.

Most of them seem to come to the conclusion that the McCanns' are lying at various points during their interviews. One in particular compares them to other proven liars, and to be fair the similarities are noticeable.

Cheers.

I’ll take a look at them ??

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Scotland Yard has asked the Home Office for funding for another 6 months.

IMO, no, enough money has been spent on this case already, it's time the public purse stopped funding this, especially when day by day we hear stories of the police not being able to respond to crimes in the UK because of a lack of resources, well it's time to re-deploy the officers working on this case to solving crimes on their home patch.

Surely the question has to be asked of Scotland Yard, what results have you delivered at any stage of this investigation? The answer is none. What exactly are they planning to do for the next six months? Is there any realistic expectation of solving the case in that time?

I this gets another six months, it might as well get a commitment of funding forever. Because in six months they'll be going back cap in hand with nothing to show for the extra cash. That goes without saying.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Scotland Yard has asked the Home Office for funding for another 6 months.

IMO, no, enough money has been spent on this case already, it's time the public purse stopped funding this, especially when day by day we hear stories of the police not being able to respond to crimes in the UK because of a lack of resources, well it's time to re-deploy the officers working on this case to solving crimes on their home patch.

There's a BBC fly on the wall documentary called Reported Missing that's been on the last couple of weeks. The cops there are having to make life and death decisions on how best to use their resources. Scary to think how much more effective they could be with the money that has been sunk into this case.

£1,000,000 is in the region of £77 per Hearts season ticket holder. Between a ticket, a few hours in the pub, pie, tea, programme and transport there and back, many of us will spend that to attend one match. It's not a huge amount for a missing child.

6 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

£1,000,000 is in the region of £77 per Hearts season ticket holder. Between a ticket, a few hours in the pub, pie, tea, programme and transport there and back, many of us will spend that to attend one match. It's not a huge amount for a missing child.

"According to the charity Missing People, more than 140,000 children go missing each year in the UK.

And children between the ages of 12 and 17 make up for more than half of all missing people incidents.

The charity is keen to raise awareness of how vulnerable missing people – particularly children –are."

My question would be is £1 million - or the equivalent being spent on all these children.
All children are special so why is this one more important?And have all the other case been investigated for more than 10 years?

fc2efb3b6ee151143dd202fb9187c5b7c9828db3

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

That’s irrelevant to the main thrust of the argument

The only person in this saga I care about is the innocent child, Maddy.

The whole case irritates me. I cannot see past the parents being responsible.

But, they are super good murderers to pull off this off. To move her body in broad daylight and dispose.

But in a place they don't know, surrounded by friends and act as nothing has happened and the body is never found since?

Totally implausible. 

But the alternative stranger paedo is probably more far-fetched.

I can't get my head around it, just want her to be found. I'm realistic enough to know the poor little has left this world.

29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To me it reeks of a senior detective who is obsessed with the case and is trying everything to keep it going until they solve it. 

Someone trying to become the new Slipper of the Yard?

35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To me it reeks of a senior detective who is obsessed with the case and is trying everything to keep it going until they solve it. 

Or someone in power has been or was involved in a massive cover up along the way and they are trying to get to the bottom of it.

3 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

What about the thousands of other children missing?? 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Especially all expenses paid and based in the Algarve. 

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Spectacularly missing the point. 

34 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Spectacularly missing the point. 

Which point has he missed? If she can be found alive and well it's money well spent regardless of "class". 

It's one thing bashing out words on a forum, it's another thing trying to rescue a child. Get a grip. 

6 hours ago, Smack said:

Which point has he missed? If she can be found alive and well it's money well spent regardless of "class". 

It's one thing bashing out words on a forum, it's another thing trying to rescue a child. Get a grip. 

Can she still be found alive though? Is the case still going on because they're getting closer and closer, or are they spending more money on a wild goose chase that has effectively stalled at the same point it was 10 years ago?

What evidence and leads do they have that justifies more money being spent?

10 hours ago, XB52 said:

What about the thousands of other children missing?? 

Yep. 

No one would grudge it if the same sort of resource and media attention was given to all the other missing children out there. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

I think she will turn up but not for a few years yet.

Will be when she's in her 20's and completely unaware of who she is. She will have no memory of Portugal, her mum n dad or anything prior to when she went missing. She will be a young woman completely unaware of her past. Someone will recognise her though (probably from the distinctive eye) and then it will all come out. Where she has been, who took her and how it all happened.

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

I think she will turn up but not for a few years yet.

Will be when she's in her 20's and completely unaware of who she is. She will have no memory of Portugal, her mum n dad or anything prior to when she went missing. She will be a young woman completely unaware of her past. Someone will recognise her though (probably from the distinctive eye) and then it will all come out. Where she has been, who took her and how it all happened.

How do you know all this?  Was it you you rascal?

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

How do you know all this?  Was it you you rascal?

Just my opinion based on the fact that the investigations have really gotten nowhere. There is no body. No signs of her what so ever. Just disappeared completely into thin air. Also a bit of blind optimism that someone has her and is perhaps raising her as their own?  

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Smack said:

The point that it isn't just 1 million pounds, it's another 1 million. She has had around 10 million spent on her and they've came up with nothing. The point that no other missing child has had anywhere near that sort of money spent on them. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone
Removed the last sentence as was no real need.

21 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think everyone wants the girl to be found safe and well but such time has past now that it is almost certain that she is dead. With the world wide publicity that this has garnered then she would have been spotted or someone would have alerted authorities to her where about. 

An alternative is that she's grown up with a healthy tan and fluent in Portuguese or Spanish.

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

An alternative is that she's grown up with a healthy tan and fluent in Portuguese or Spanish.

I've often wondered about that, but don't you think she'd have seen something or heard something that would click with her as to what happened? 

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've often wondered about that, but don't you think she'd have seen something or heard something that would click with her as to what happened? 

She's probably not reading the Daily Express.

3 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Just my opinion based on the fact that the investigations have really gotten nowhere. There is no body. No signs of her what so ever. Just disappeared completely into thin air. Also a bit of blind optimism that someone has her and is perhaps raising her as their own?  

Did the cadaver dog not smell death in the hire car technology McCanns had? She's dead the tax payer is spunking more cash on a wild goose chase.

39 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Would have had to been hidden away from any contact with the public, no schooling, no friends, no going to the doctor when sick, not even going out to the shops or the park or anything, and why?

Because of her distictive eye, somebody somewhere would notice it sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Would have had to been hidden away from any contact with the public, no schooling, no friends, no going to the doctor when sick, not even going out to the shops or the park or anything, and why?

Because of her distictive eye, somebody somewhere would notice it sooner or later.

Exactly, even a Daily Express reader! 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's what makes me think she's been killed somewhere along the line.

Alternatively those who kidnapped her could have realised it and sold her to some family to cut all connections with her and she's living in Portugal or wherever.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Josef Fritzl managed it.

I'm just messing here, by the way. As Herbert's said, there was a suggestion from a cadaver dog of there having been a body. There doesn't seem to be any evidence anywhere of her being alive. It would be lovely to think she's alive but if she is, there's barely a snowflake's chance of her being found.

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The point that it isn't just 1 million pounds, it's another 1 million. She has had around 10 million spent on her and they've came up with nothing. The point that no other missing child has had anywhere near that sort of money spent on them. 

All thanks to Rebekah Wade who threatened to put the then Home Sec on the front page of her newspaper every day until Maybot agreed to the "review".  This was covered in detail at the Leveson enquiry.  The Mccann's only wanted a "review" , by UK police in the UK. Not a reopening of the investigation in Portugal with the authorities who can actually do something to find the kid (assuming she is still alive).  Quite why Rebekak Wade /The Sun should be so supportive of the Mccann's is  a bit of a mystery. Unless it was to get it up David Cameron in the run up to the Brexit ref , which Cameron had fought against for so long. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Don't think that's the case. If she was alive, I wouldn't have a clue what she'd look like now. She could easily be living in another country right now without hiding in the basement.

That said, personal view is that she died the very evening she went missing :(

12 hours ago, Smack said:

The point is that this is just one of the thousands of children who have gone missing. What makes her so special. I mean she wasn't even that special to her parents obviously

It's been eleven years.

Since she disappeared there have been thousands of other children in the UK who have gone missing.

They don't all get wall-to-wall media coverage.

They don't all get politicians supporting them.

They don't all get a dedicated unit of the Met police formed to look for them.

They don't get millions of taxpayer's money spent on them.

Why is this family so much more important than all the others who have had children go missing over the last eleven years?

Edited by Cade

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's been eleven years.

Since she disappeared there have been thousands of other children in the UK who have gone missing.

Why is this family so much more important than all the others who have had children go missing over the last eleven years?

I made these points a while back on the thread.

Are they continuing the investigation to actually control what is being looked into.

Politicians and some high profile people connected to this,is there something they don't want to be found?

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's been eleven years.

They don't all get wall-to-wall media coverage.................  it's only the tabloids and then , mainly The Sun (Kate has a mate who works there and writes all kinds of crap on their behalf). Even then , the tabloids websites/comments pages (including The Sun) are allowing all sorts of comments that would have been unthinkable a few years ago. 

They don't all get politicians supporting them...............that disappeared a long, long time ago. 

They don't all get a dedicated unit of the Met police formed to look for them....it isn't dedicated to them entirely and it isn't made of entirely of Met police. It also uses coppers on temp assignments. 

They don't get millions of taxpayer's money spent on them...........like I posted before, the Sun blackmailed Cameron into setting it up.  The Sun sells copy and the Tories don't get a bad press. It's win-win. 

Why is this family so much more important than all the others who have had children go missing over the last eleven years?......it isn't (see above). The Sun uses them to make money, pure & simple. 

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I made these points a while back on the thread.

Are they continuing the investigation to actually control what is being looked into.

Politicians and some high profile people connected to this,is there something they don't want to be found?

It might seem like a trivial point but it's not an investigation , it's a "review".  The police are only reviewing what is in the Portuguese case files. Some bloggers made the point that getting the "review" under way in the UK and having the kid made a ward of court (in UK) were important steps in a strategy to get access to what was in the police files. The Mccanns tried to do this but it was booted out of court. 

the jambo poet

regarding the "distinctive eye" it might be that this isn't actually the case. A few vidoes/theories online suggest this was a blip/anomaly on a photograph and wasn't actually a real-life mark. This harks back to there only ever being 1 photograph shown all the time and was released to every agency out there. No other photographs were forthcoming. Any other images seen were stills from videos. Why? I'm not sure. Theory was that this would basically stop people finding her and people would be looking forever and because the first thing anyone will do is check her eyes.

3 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

regarding the "distinctive eye" it might be that this isn't actually the case. A few vidoes/theories online suggest this was a blip/anomaly on a photograph and wasn't actually a real-life mark. This harks back to there only ever being 1 photograph shown all the time and was released to every agency out there. No other photographs were forthcoming. Any other images seen were stills from videos. Why? I'm not sure. Theory was that this would basically stop people finding her and people would be looking forever and because the first thing anyone will do is check her eyes.

The parents said she did have a coloboma (they even had special posters made to play on this as a means to finding her - which the Portuguese cops said was basically a death sentence if she was in the hands of kidnappers). And then this bombshell - she didn't - the following is lifted from a blog  and relates to an interview with Piers Morgan - 

MORGAN: Madeleine had a very distinctive eye pattern, didn't she? Tell me about that, Kate, in case people see somebody they think may be Madeleine. Tell me about her eye.

K. MCCANN: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it. But her eyes are slightly different colors, and one of them has this brown fleck in it. But you do notice, particularly on photographs, but --

MORGAN: Slightly distinctive eye colors and a little fleck.

MORGAN: And do you know if that would be still there if she's now eight years old?

G. MCCANN: Certainly believe it wouldn't have changed. I think there's been a pattern to be still there. That it's -- the technical term is coloboma, where there's a defect in the iris. I don't think it is actually. I think it's actually an additional bit of color. She certainly had no visual problems.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Don't think that's the case. If she was alive, I wouldn't have a clue what she'd look like now. She could easily be living in another country right now without hiding in the basement.

But her distinctive eye would still be the same though, and given the huge publicity this case has had over the years, somebody somewhere would notice it, that was the point I was making.

the jambo poet
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But her distinctive eye would still be the same though, and given the huge publicity this case has had over the years, somebody somewhere would notice it, that was the point I was making.

see above...she either didn't have a distinctive eye at all or perhaps it was dummed-down a bit in an attempt to keep her alive had she been kidnapped.

2 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

see above...she either didn't have a distinctive eye at all or perhaps it was dummed-down a bit in an attempt to keep her alive had she been kidnapped.

The dumming down came later, but at the time of her first 'going missing' the eye defect was right there front and centre in every news bulletin when they described what Maddie looked like.

24 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I have no idea what the eye even looked like that made it stand out. That's the point I'm making :thumbsup:

the jambo poet
50 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I have no idea what the eye even looked like that made it stand out. That's the point I'm making :thumbsup:

Ah right

.. It's easily found on Google however it's like her pupil has a dark line coming from it info the iris. Very striking. Here you go

FAC8FA3D-99C0-42D2-D61EBF2BA9D33587.jpg

• 1 month later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Another £150k granted to the Met to carry on.

I wish someone would submit a freedom of information request asking for details of what the money’s being spent on.

haveyouheard 22
On 13/09/2018 at 20:22, Tommy Brown said:

The only person in this saga I care about is the innocent child, Maddy.

The whole case irritates me. I cannot see past the parents being responsible.

But, they are super good murderers to pull off this off. To move her body in broad daylight and dispose.

But in a place they don't know, surrounded by friends and act as nothing has happened and the body is never found since?

Totally implausible. 

But the alternative stranger paedo is probably more far-fetched.

I can't get my head around it, just want her to be found. I'm realistic enough to know the poor little has left this world.

Pretty much agree   and with your sentiments

The McCanns could have offered more from the off IMO, have done nothing to engage with the public.Just want control Re and for me thats why many are suspicious and angry with them.I dont think they were directly involved but jeezo why are they so cold and defensive ??

35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another £150k granted to the Met to carry on.

I wish someone would submit a freedom of information request asking for details of what the money’s being spent on.

Absolute nonsense decision.  

There must be hundreds of parents out there wishing they got the same financial backing for their missing children.  

On 14/09/2018 at 13:57, Dunks said:

Personally, if she was kidnapped, the vast amount of publicity probably sentenced Maddie to a grave. Child smugglers aren't renowned for empathy and if the publicity meant they would find it harder to shift her to a buyer, which it undoubtedly would have, chances are they'd kill her and dump the body.