Boozers in Gorgie - My take on it.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Decided to take a wee tour of gorgie last night to see what was the best boozer in Gorgie.

Westfields - Rubbish, I've been going there for years now, but its lost something.

Station Bar - Too quiet.

Strattie's - Good atmosphere, great laugh, rubbish pints though.

Robbo's - Magic. Fair enough there was a fair bit trouble and some guy tried to punch my mate, but apart from that the place was rocking. Met S.U.S.S last night who's cool as feck. Almost got knocked out myself for asking everyone in the place if they were The BoomTownRat.

Merchie Hearts - Cheap bevvy, plenty o slappers, I loved it.

So all in all, I think Robbo's could be getting visited from now on. I even met Drylaw Hearts who was smiling for a change:).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S.U.S.S.
Decided to take a wee tour of gorgie last night to see what was the best boozer in Gorgie.

Westfields - Rubbish, I've been going there for years now, but its lost something.

Station Bar - Too quiet.

Robbo's - Magic. Fair enough there was a fair bit trouble and some guy tried to punch my mate, but apart from that the place was rocking. Met S.U.S.S last night who's cool as feck. Almost got knocked out myself for asking everyone in the place if they were The BoomTownRat.

So all in all, I think Robbo's could be getting visited from now on. I even met Drylaw Hearts who was smiling for a change:).

Great to meet you all last night.

Apart from the bother, was a good night. My head is killing me today tho.

Never again, oh who am i kidding!;)

Merchie Hearts sounded good!!!!!

winston churchill

Station Bar - Too quiet.

on your next walk about,pop into the sample room and the diggers and you will meet a few well kent kickbackers.

Station Bar - Too quiet.

Did you meet TheBoomTownRat??

I was there (In body only) till about 5ish.

I have very little recollection of anything from 4pm onwards.

I know, Lightweight blah blah.. :)

chester copperpot
on your next walk about,pop into the sample room and the diggers and you will meet a few well kent kickbackers.

Who drink their pints with their pinkie stuck out.

Prawn sandwich brigade;)

Did you meet TheBoomTownRat??

I was there (In body only) till about 5ish.

I have very little recollection of anything from 4pm onwards.

I know, Lightweight blah blah.. :)

Complete mind blank for me from 7pm-9pm. I think I nipped into Robbos for a quick Jack D at some point.

:confused:

Station Bar - Too quiet.

You clearly had too much to drink. :wacko::wacko:

winston churchill
Complete mind blank for me from 7pm-9pm. I think I nipped into Robbos for a quick Jack D at some point.

:confused:

i hate the 12.30 kick off's:)

chester copperpot
You clearly had too much to drink. :wacko::wacko:

Too true, however he was a good lad wi a cracking tattoo.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Too true, however he was a good lad wi a cracking tattoo.

Andy you are obviously a great judge of character, so i dont need to tell you to watch that CC. He's a wrong un!;)

chester copperpot
Andy you are obviously a great judge of character, so i dont need to tell you to watch that CC. He's a wrong un!;)

Who likes it up the wrong 'un.

Allegedly of course ;)

Westfield- unwashed chav central

Station bar - a rugby bar

Stratties - ok at times but drop their pants to the weegie unwashed when they come calling

Robbos - decent for the big games, good atmosphere and unpretencious, not so great for smaller games

Diggers- Too many old rude old men who think its there right to block the bar and continually bump into people

Balmoral - hun pub

Tbh none of the pubs in gorgie are particularly appealing, I stick to robbos for the big 3 games and diggers for the rest

Prawn sandwich brigade;)

Excuse me - a better class of beer in these estabishments. :cool:

Prawn sandwich brigade;)

here i was in the diggers had a pint never seen a prawn sandwich bigman

Westfield- unwashed chav central

Station bar - a rugby bar

Stratties - ok at times but drop their pants to the weegie unwashed when they come calling

Robbos - decent for the big games, good atmosphere and unpretencious, not so great for smaller games

Diggers- Too many old rude old men who think its there right to block the bar and continually bump into people

Balmoral - hun pub

Tbh none of the pubs in gorgie are particularly appealing, I stick to robbos for the big 3 games and diggers for the rest

Aye right Prancer. no way are you in Robbo's ever.

We all know he takes it up the wrong un-He has ginger hair:)

does his mum still buy his clothes for him?

The Old Tolbooth

Station Bar - Too quiet.

Merchie hertz, nice club, pity about the little old ladies in it that think they are on a power trip who quite obviously have sad little lifes outside of the club. It seems that the club is their life and any strange faces are very much made to feel unwelcome like myself and my better half were last night.

Wee hint to those wee auld wifies in there who sit with their knitting, there are ways of speaking to people without being damn pig ignorant about it and having the tone of Hitlers wife which basically makes you come across as complete old hags. Go and get a ride ffs, it might just put some smiles on those wrinkly old coupons of yours!

Tedp, you can take the 29th as cancelled from Linda and myself, I wont be setting foot back in there.

On a positive note it was good to meet SUSS and Bighusref for the first time last night in Robbo's, 2 very sound quality guys. I too got some strange looks for shouting "is there any boomtown rats in the house" at the top of my voice lol!!

5pm indeed TBTR you lightweight :)

here i was in the diggers had a pint never seen a prawn sandwich bigman

amazing you were able to see anything at all by then TJ...:th_wink1:

amazing you were able to see anything at all by then TJ...:th_wink1:

i was a wee bit mangled by the time you and belgium ollie came in hope i was not slevering pish i actually got a lot worse back in the wegie despite having a quality kip on the stagecoach

Merchie hertz, nice club, pity about the little old ladies in it that think they are on a power trip who quite obviously have sad little lifes outside of the club. It seems that the club is their life and any strange faces are very much made to feel unwelcome like myself and my better half were last night.

Wee hint to those wee auld wifies in there who sit with their knitting, there are ways of speaking to people without being damn pig ignorant about it and having the tone of Hitlers wife which basically makes you come across as complete old hags. Go and get a ride ffs, it might just put some smiles on those wrinkly old coupons of yours!

Tedp, you can take the 29th as cancelled from Linda and myself, I wont be setting foot back in there.

On a positive note it was good to meet SUSS and Bighusref for the first time last night in Robbo's, 2 very sound quality guys. I too got some strange looks for shouting "is there any boomtown rats in the house" at the top of my voice lol!!

You didn't talk during the bingo John, did you? :ninja:

I have only been in MHSC once.Dont like clubs, people who sit in the same seats every week, get same time bus there and back all the time. PAH.

You should take your knitting next time John :)

I done about 3 hours in Westfield ok at first.

Station bar -- quiet

Robbos -- just the usual rabble.

Been there, made that mistake.

Banished to the back room. I blame Auld Jock.

portobellojambo1

Was there bingo last night ????????

I cannot remember leaving, cannot remember how I got home (I know I am home only because this is the house that I left from to go to the club yesterday morning and it looks sort of familiar), just got out of bed about 40 minutes ago, and still feel rather fragile.

All in all a rather super day yesterday.

I cannot remember leaving, cannot remember how I got home (I know I am home only because this is the house that I left from to go to the club yesterday morning and it looks sort of familiar), just got out of bed about 40 minutes ago, and still feel rather fragile.

And where is the MOM thread? If drink is affecting your work..... :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

Heh heh, nothing nearly as bad as that mate, jesus I'd hate to think what would have happened if I did!! :wacko:

Anyway, I'm now banned so they dont need to worry about me talking during the bingo, apparently your not allowed to stand up for yourself in there and just have to take the abuse dished out at you, whether merited or not.

Heh heh, nothing nearly as bad as that mate, jesus I'd hate to think what would have happened if I did!! :wacko:

Anyway, I'm now banned so they dont need to worry about me talking during the bingo, apparently your not allowed to stand up for yourself in there and just have to take the abuse dished out at you, whether merited or not.

Go on, tell us more mate. We can then have a thread discussing how guilty, or not, you are. :)

i was lookin forward to having a pint with you on the 29th ya bam change your mind ;););)

Especially when the big guy who was proudly shouting about the fact he was a Hibby, got told to either shut it or to leave as he could cause a lot of problems. He got on a number 25 about 5.20 and was as quiet as a mouse until he got off the bus at Shandwick Place and got gubbed right away for shouting about Hibs.

portobellojambo1

I take it something happened after I left (just wish I could remember when I left, and how)

Oh John... what have you done?

I take it something happened after I left (just wish I could remember when I left, and how)

beer scooter at drunk o'clock most likely

The Old Tolbooth

Lol Iain, when we met you, you hadnt a clue which day of the week it was mate heh heh, funny as feck tho. I didnt see you leave mate and to be honest I thought you were still there when I was asked to leave and banned.

The Old Tolbooth
Oh John... what have you done?

You make it sound like a hanging offence, mind you, the way the old bints were going on you would think it was! :confused:

The Old Tolbooth
Go on, tell us more mate. We can then have a thread discussing how guilty, or not, you are. :)

Heh heh Dave, would you like a wooden spoon with that recipe to stir it a little bit more mate? :biggrin:

Sorry Troonjambo, even if I wanted to mate I'm banned, I wouldnt want to anyway after last night buddy.

Hopefully you'll be at the fed do on the 10th tho.

does his mum still buy his clothes for him?

Who told you !!

Pants, socks the whole lot !!! Like having a personal shopper ;)

Funny enough i was in Merchie Hearts for the 1st time last night.Got signed in by some members who were leaving(thanks).He had to say he was coming back in or the auld man on the door wouldn't have let us in.A right bundle of laughs was the doorman.He told me not to cause any trouble (47 years old:))

Enjoyed myself once inside and met Barby for the 1st time alongwith AJ Wife.Shame they were leaving.Only other person i recognised was Fergie.Enjoyed myself inside but i can understand how JM would feel with the auld women.

Was in Robbo's before.Hellhole if being honest.Not my cup of tea.Used to drink in the Westfield before games but never liked it there so now we go to the Gorgi Bowling club now.Cheap,quick and friendly service.

So last night it was Gorgi Bowling club,Station(empty) Strattie's(think it was 75 p a vodka) where some punter dropped a bottle of beer on a posties bag.:)

Robbo's,crap service,crap songs and a terrible smell.Merchie Hearts cheap friendly service,Diggers.Nothing special.Then a can of cider on the train and a pub crawl in Falkirk which ended up in Behind the Wall a pub i hate to 1.00am.Lost scarf somewhere between takeaway and the road home.:wacko:

Guest gorgie kev
Who told you !!

Pants, socks the whole lot !!! Like having a personal shopper ;)

Please tell me you now know your collar size :rolleyes:

I have to disagree with you there. The first time I went into the Merchie in recent years (just at the start of this season), I was made to feel very welcome by all concerned. Have been ever since.

Aye right Prancer. no way are you in Robbo's ever.

My recollection is that he used to frequent The Westfield;)

broxburnjambo

Iain.

You left with me, well you left assisted by me, as you could hardly stand. Got you a taxi, which i shared to Haymarket and sent you on your Merry way to Porty.

Drylaw Hearts

Station Bar - Too quiet.

I'm always smiling.

:)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Been in Robbo`s once, got pickpocketed! Says it all really! :mad:

It does, can you prove you were pickpocketed? Could you not have dropped it? or got pashed and put it down somewhere?

If your not clever enough to keep hold of you wallet you dont deserve one!;)

Heehee

So much for going home after the Diggers, BigH.... :P

The People's Chimp

Prawn sandwich brigade;)

It's actually cracking steak pies and a decent pint. Oh and forget about the sample rooms since they went wine bar.

Archived