Frail

Julio

If Frail has 100% control over substitutions as we are led to believe then his decision yesterday to take Ruben off for Nade was a disgrace. Watched his interview earlier on sultana and he said it ws to solidify the midfield. :mad:

I thought at the time it was a strange one, but maybe he just wanted to defend higher up the pitch, and it worked. Great first half from Ruben though. Is Nade now officially fatter than Phil Stamp at his max?

Susie-Jambo-66
If Frail has 100% control over substitutions as we are led to believe then his decision yesterday to take Ruben off for Nade was a disgrace. Watched his interview earlier on sultana and he said it ws to solidify the midfield. :mad:

Ruben took a knock so that is prob why he took him off

Maybe he meant that it was to take pressure off the midfield. I've really no idea - it was a puzzling decision to me, especially as Ruben was the best player on the park.

I suppose by that time Ruben had (nominally) been pushed forward slightly to play in the (nominally) slightly advanced role that Stewart had been playing before Wallace came on, so to a certain extent it could be argued that it was almost a like-for-like substitution.

But Nade's performance left a really bad taste in the mouth. That guy has a major attitude problem.

I thought at the time it was a strange one, but maybe he just wanted to defend higher up the pitch, and it worked. Great first half from Ruben though. Is Nade now officially fatter than Phil Stamp at his max?

Hes huge and must be fatter than Stampy. Hes not quiet in the Mixu Pantyliners stakes yet though. :)

When Wallace came on I saw him passing on instructions to Palazeulos to man mark Boozy but by then I think he was already whacked. Suspect the substitution was partly with Tuesday in mind

StAndrewsHMFC
Nade's performance left a really bad taste in the mouth. That guy has a major attitude problem.

Agreed. Nade seems to have a decent shot on him and can hold the ball up well, all in all he should be doing really well for us. Instead we've seen him inflate slowly to the size of Pluto and do more whining than a bird with the painters in. Someone (A manager!) needs to get his attitude sorted

winston churchill
When Wallace came on I saw him passing on instructions to Palazeulos to man mark Boozy but by then I think he was already whacked. Suspect the substitution was partly with Tuesday in mind

it looked to us like he was telling ruben to go further up the park.

Sub worked.

We pressed the Hibs goal more when Nade came on than we had in the previous 35/40 minutes. It was a change that relieved the pressure, and helped us shut out the game. Simple as that.

Sub worked.

We pressed the Hibs goal more when Nade came on than we had in the previous 35/40 minutes. It was a change that relieved the pressure, and helped us shut out the game. Simple as that.

Purely down to Velicka getting a second wind and Miko playing very sensibly, in my view. Nade's contribution: caught offside, a misplaced pass, two fouls and a needless booking. The result every time was possession to Hibs and a chance for them to get the ball upfield. Nade was an absolute liability. I'd be fining him for his indiscipline - and for being fat.

Agreed. Nade seems to have a decent shot on him and can hold the ball up well, all in all he should be doing really well for us. Instead we've seen him inflate slowly to the size of Pluto and do more whining than a bird with the painters in. Someone (A manager!) needs to get his attitude sorted

Who is Pluto:confused: ;)

Purely down to Velicka getting a second wind and Miko playing very sensibly, in my view. Nade's contribution: caught offside, a misplaced pass, two fouls and a needless booking. The result every time was possession to Hibs and a chance for them to get the ball upfield. Nade was an absolute liability. I'd be fining him for his indiscipline - and for being fat.

I'll explain.

I'm not crediting Nade for our upturn when he came on - I'm crediting Frail.

Nade coming on was key, because it gave Velicka someone to play off. He'd been battering up against the Hibs defence himself for so long, that I think having a partner coming on would have contributed to his second wind. It also gave the Hibs defence more threats to look at, which stopped them going forward as much, and the two up front denied them the same time and space to pick their passes - as they had been doing over the previous 20 minutes. It's important to point out that before Nade came on, every ball up front had resulted in Hibs possession and a chance to attack anyway.

We hadn't been able to press their defence properly for a good while beforehand, and although Nade contributed little on a performance level (I thought he pressed the ball a little better than he has been though), his presence was a major factor in our ascendancy over the closing stages.

I agree with the fining though...:)

I was as confused as anyone when he came on, but I think it worked pretty well in the end.

I'll explain.

I'm not crediting Nade for our upturn when he came on - I'm crediting Frail.

Nade coming on was key, because it gave Velicka someone to play off. He'd been battering up against the Hibs defence himself for so long, that I think having a partner coming on would have contributed to his second wind. It also gave the Hibs defence more threats to look at, which stopped them going forward as much, and the two up front denied them the same time and space to pick their passes - as they had been doing over the previous 20 minutes. It's important to point out that before Nade came on, every ball up front had resulted in Hibs possession and a chance to attack anyway.

We hadn't been able to press their defence properly for a good while beforehand, and although Nade contributed little on a performance level (I thought he pressed the ball a little better than he has been though), his presence was a major factor in our ascendancy over the closing stages.

I agree with the fining though...:)

I was as confused as anyone

Fair dos - ya radge.

give it a rest...Stewart was knackered so he pushed Ruben forward into the hole to combat Beuzelin (hibs playmaker) but it was clear that he was knacked as well, not surprising given that he must have covered every blade of grass .... (also remember he took a sore one 1st half)...so Nade was put on to add strength and hold the ball up...seemed good strategy to me :)

give it a rest...Stewart was knackered so he pushed Ruben forward into the hole to combat Beuzelin (hibs playmaker) but it was clear that he was knacked as well, not surprising given that he must have covered every blade of grass .... (also remember he took a sore one 1st half)...so Nade was put on to add strength and hold the ball up...seemed good strategy to me :)

Nade offered ZERO. Ruben was MOTM by a country mile. How you can say it was a good strategy is beyond me. :confused:

Nade offered ZERO. Ruben was MOTM by a country mile. How you can say it was a good strategy is beyond me. :confused:

You seem to have forgotten how much possession hibs had in the 2nd half. While Ruben had played well what we were doing was not working and we had to change. We needed to get another striker on not only to give hibs something to think about but also stop jones moving up front. You did notice despite them getting beat they did not stick the big horse up front ? You should have also noticed we also had a lot of possession in the final 3rd after the change.

The fact Nade didn't do anything when he came on is irrelevant.

I`m in agreement, christ he was only on the pitch for about 15 minutes yet he looked like he was blowing out his @rse, thank god Velicka got a wee bit more energetic late on.

Ruben was whacked, had put in a shift and looked relieved to be coming off for a rest

I dont think it indicates anything like the OP concludes

Managers often make "strange" subs but they are subject to more information than us in the stand

Apart from anything ruben deserved a solo ovation

Archived