David Platt

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

The ex-England player, not the Corrie character, was sitting in the Wheatfield Stand yesterday.

He was with David Moyes's brother and was taking notes on the Hearts players.

When asked if he was in for the job he gave a cheeky wee wink and smiled.

He left at Half-Time to go to Tannadice.

to watch robson?

Why would he be scouting a player before he's even got a job? Or is he manager of someone else, which would explain the notes on Hearts players/watching Robson?

Why would he be scouting a player before he's even got a job? Or is he manager of someone else, which would explain the notes on Hearts players/watching Robson?

I meant scouting for somene else, maybe everton

its where we bide
The ex-England player, not the Corrie character, was sitting in the Wheatfield Stand yesterday.

Well done DH ,The corrie line was brill lmao

Sampdoria, Nottingham Forest and England U21's.

Don't think any of those teams have done anything of note in the past 10 years, but I'm probably wrong.

Anyone else more clued up than me who can comment on his record?

Guest GhostHunter

Platt has a face I wouldn't tire of shlapping.

Pleat, Platt at Tynie yesterday - all we need is a T wat and we'd have the full set.

Oh wait..........

From Perth to Paisley
Don't think any of those teams have done anything of note in the past 10 years, but I'm probably wrong.

From Wikpedia

Coaching & media career

He left Arsenal afterwards to become coach of Sampdoria, a controversial stint which ended prematurely, with other clubs protesting that Platt did not have the appropriate coaching qualifications for managing in Serie A. In 1999 Platt was appointed player-coach of Nottingham Forest but this was unsuccessful, with Platt spending several million pounds on players who did not perform well and plunging the club into large sums of debt. Platt's tenure at Forest was marred by disagreements with several experienced, long-serving players, leading to them being isolated from the first-team picture and subsequently released by the club. He remains a figurehead of hatred for Forest fans, who still hold him responsible for the clubs ongoing financial problems and lowly place in the Football League.

Platt was appointed manager of the England Under-21 side with moderate success, qualifying for the U-21 European Championships in 2002. He left this role after failing to qualify for the 2004 tournament and was succeeded by Peter Taylor. Platt is now seen as a media pundit often for England U21 matches.

He writes a regular column for Four Four Two magazine, commenting on tactics.

[edit] External links

Drylaw Hearts

From Wilkpedia

He left Arsenal afterwards to become coach of Sampdoria, a controversial stint which ended prematurely, with other clubs protesting that Platt did not have the appropriate coaching qualifications for managing in Serie A. In 1999 Platt was appointed player-coach of Nottingham Forest but this was unsuccessful, with Platt spending several million pounds on players who did not perform well and plunging the club into large sums of debt. Platt's tenure at Forest was marred by disagreements with several experienced, long-serving players, leading to them being isolated from the first-team picture and subsequently released by the club. He remains a figurehead of hatred for Forest fans, who still hold him responsible for the clubs ongoing financial problems and lowly place in the Football League.

Platt was appointed manager of the England Under-21 side with moderate success, qualifying for the U-21 European Championships in 2002. He left this role after failing to qualify for the 2004 tournament and was succeeded by Peter Taylor. Platt is now seen as a media pundit often for England U21 matches.

He writes a regular column for Four Four Two magazine, commenting on tactics.

platt1111.jpg

God I hate that man.

Arsenal legend! A proper cultureal player and a really nice guy. i've meant him a couple of times and he is sound as a pound. He is still rated quite high down south, i think wenger defo rates him very highly and offered him a job more than once but he does not want to be in someone elses shadow. Abousluty no way of him coming to hearts, he would have being watchng players for english teams.

Some people on these boards need to get reailty, almost every manager we get linked with gets shot down, who do you think will take the job!

David Pleat was also in the Wheatfield stand yesterday.

F?????? hate that c@@@!

the man was had his time in the 80's, now he should just go away and die somewhere, if ihave to listen to his annoying voice while watching CL football once more i'm going to explode !

Some people on these boards need to get reailty, almost every manager we get linked with gets shot down, who do you think will take the job!

I'm ok in the 'Reality' dept, Thanks.

He was vastly overratted as a player and he's got a pus i'd like to slap.

There are other names who have been linked with the job and that would take the job who are better placed and more qualified than David fecking Platt.

yip he almost signed for the hobos from crewe in the mid 80's

Absolutely true. The hibs wouldn't go the extra ?50k Crewe wanted, they wanted a quarter mil. Signed for Villa ( I think ) instead . Straight from the person who would have wrote the cheque and paid for it.

Saddens me that you know about the other one....

;)

Archived