From the Scotland on Sunday

Devries4

The Scotland on Sunday overview (Andrew Smith) notes that-

" In the canon of lame football jibes aimed at most hated opponents. Hearts fans' chants of "Tell all the Hibs you know, it's 106 years in a row", a reference to the number of years since the Leith club won the Scottish Cup deserves a high ranking."

loveofthegame

" In the canon of lame football jibes aimed at most hated opponents. Hearts fans' chants of "Tell all the Hibs you know, it's 106 years in a row", a reference to the number of years since the Leith club won the Scottish Cup deserves a high ranking."

So we're not allowed to sing about Hibs minging record in the Scottish Cup now?!

What an absolute *****

Celtic minded clown.

What is lame about that? Hibs have pretensions to being the 4th largest side in the country. They haven't won the 2nd most important competition in the country for 106 years! What a boring writer.

MacDonald Jardine

I've never seen Andrew Smith write anything good about Hearts.

If it's so lame why does it annoy them so much?

marshallschunkychicken

Must have touched a nerve with this joker.

These illiterate hacks will do anything to **** on the parade.

:rolleyes:

loveofthegame

It actually astounds me that anyone can have a go at that song. Its actually ****ed me off!

I'd say that song is literary genius and in an age where sectarianism and hatred is trying to be stamped out why cant we sing about a rivals cup record.

Would he rather we sang about being up to our knees in their blood?!

An utterly astounding piece of gutter journalism

What about their Celtic chant of "If you know your history??" We certainly do know our history and it is far far better than theirs!! That's a very lame football chant is not?!:confused:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

The man's an arse

If further evidence is needed just take a look at his player ratings for the game. Stewart played as well as Velicka and Goncalves had a great game????

Was he at the same game as me?

It actually astounds me that anyone can have a go at that song. Its actually ****ed me off!

I'd say that song is literary genius and in an age where sectarianism and hatred is trying to be stamped out why cant we sing about a rivals cup record.

Would he rather we sang about being up to our knees in their blood?!

An utterly astounding piece of gutter journalism

My thoughts too.

ToadKiller Dog

Has this jobbie weeker just woken up ,we have sung that for a good many seasons'.

We as a fan base have 106 in a row plus the europe song created two of the most decent songs in recent times in scotland neither of which have had to pay homage to more backward styles practiced at other well known clubs.

They also refer to Ruben as our Greek midfielder !!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Behind the Hearts song and Europe song it's probably my favorite Hearts song and it gets it right up the tramps.

Feck off you 'lame' excuse for a journo.

Scotland on Sunday looks as if it has been written and edited by people whose relationship with the English language is at best strained (as does The Scotsman). It is also full of factual inaccuracies, such as the example given above.

The Sunday Herald is infinitely better.

FFS our only non raceh atefilled biggoted song that raises no bone of contention amongst fans and we can't even have that!!!

right guys complete silence against Gretna next Sat ok

Time for us to start singing 'Irish folk songs', songs supporting terrorist organisations and songs where we threaten to murder our opponents?

F&&king tube.

who gives a @@@@ what this wee hobo thinks !

is this not the same guy who follow the jt's for a year ?

Someone had a Hearts top with "106" on the back hanging just above section N yesterday. Well done that fan. :)

I must be reading this incorrectly, it is early, but it looks to be like he's saying out of a world of shoit songs ours is a good one???? no?

I must be reading this incorrectly, it is early, but it looks to be like he's saying out of a world of shoit songs ours is a good one???? no?

Hmmm, I was / am unsure myself..............especially with 'canon' not being a turn of phrase I would often use down the battle cruiser :wacko:

I thought he was giving us a bit of praise, however he must indeed be a complete knob If he has an issue with a CLASSIC football chant that includes no sexist, racial or cultural undertones and yet still manages to cut to the very quick of the Hobos sensitivities :cheer1:

You could be right. If you are, though, it kind of proves my point about the relationship of Scotsman Publications journalists to the English language. And if you're wrong, it proves that Smith's an absolute bell-end.

You could be right. If you are, though, it kind of proves my point about the relationship of Scotsman Publications journalists to the English language. And if you're wrong, it proves that Smith's an absolute bell-end.

True... Maybe he's not sure himself. Which wouldnt surprise me.

For those in any doubt, he's definitely saying it's shyyte.

In the canon of hackneyed journalism, he's earned himself a high ranking.

Hmmm, I was / am unsure myself..............especially with 'canon' not being a turn of phrase I would often use down the battle cruiser :wacko:

I thought he was giving us a bit of praise, however he must indeed be a complete knob If he has an issue with a CLASSIC football chant that includes no sexist, racial or cultural undertones and yet still manages to cut to the very quick of the Hobos sensitivities :cheer1:

I see the word canon as a basis of judgement or a league table so to speak, so if this league table is of lame football chants then our 106 ditty is high up there, thus being "more lamer" than others.

I hope I'm not wrong as I have already questioned the thought process with the SOS editor.:(

it'll soon be changing to 107 years in a row anyway

What opportunities that will give our local talk radio channel. Makes you feel for Simon Pia. But let's not count any chickens.

We must have won yesterday, he doesn't have anything bad to say about the team so starts trying to criticise our songs!

No, That was Aidan Smith.

That was a pish read also mind you.

Not to mention a pack of feckin lies - unless the Hibs put 5 past Lokomotiv Leipzig that is :eek:

Miller Jambo 60
I'm glad it had the desired effect on this odious little toad and the rest of his band of cretins.

Ignore the tube what a prat usual bile from an under achiever.

So we're not allowed to sing about Hibs minging record in the Scottish Cup now?!

What an absolute *****

Im not sure who or where it says were not allowed to sing it?

Nelly Terraces

Oh, so sorry we upset your lame, limp wristed middle class sensibilities Mr Smith. Tell you what son, why don't just **** off and watch rugby where everyone gets on together and there's none of those nasty working class people singing those awful songs. Ya mug, football is a passionate game people get well worked up about and local rivalry is all about getting one over the tramps from the other side. Quite frankly, I hate hobos with a passion, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

You're following the wrong game ya bellend. GTF.

NT - HMFC Forever, FTH - reptiles.

Never caught the "journos" name at the start of this thread, not really interested to be honest.

The thing is, there may be a good chance that he'll check JKB once he is aware he is being spoken about. Probably in a half arsed attempt to massage his ego.

Anyway, if you are reading this "said journo".........you are a Terry ****wit. End of.

We should just stick to mildly encouraging yelps of "Let's go Hearts" in the future, to avoid offending this goblin's delicate constitution.

Either that or "Mixu Paatelainen, what a...signing". Because THAT'S real witticism.

Or how about, "You're not Scottish anymore", when the opposing team has the same number of Scots in it as yours.

This guy sounds like a total erse hole. :mad:

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely brilliant! They clearly have nothing else negative to print about us just now so invent total garbage, you have to laugh really! :)

It's a Derby.

You have to sings songs taking the mickey out of your greatest rivals.

What were we supposed to sing? The one-eye song? Something sectarian?

We sing about them getting pumped in the cup for the last 106 years and some journo decides it's unfair and upsetting to the tramps.

What an absolute tube.

Walter Payton
Someone had a Hearts top with "106" on the back hanging just above section N yesterday. Well done that fan. :)

Saw that as well- think they had "Misery" as the name :bravo:

For a number of years now (since 103 at least) I've avoided the whole "what do you do if the player leaves" conundrum and had "Years" as the name and the relevant number- Don't think I'll ever have a problem with Hibs forcing me to think of something else for the back of my shirt. I'm in N1 though.

I have to agree with the posters who say he is in fact being complimentary. If you take the word canon as being a list of rules, or a list of anything I feel he is saying for something that is being aimed at hated opponents this deserves to be a top choice. What is there for anyone to complain about, it contains none of the bigotry, religious or political bile that is usually involved in the more unacceptable chants/songs, having read the comment repeatedly I have to feel that on this occasion the journalist is being wrongly accused.

What a spoon. He's scraping the barrel with that one.

:laugh:

I suspect that now its in print, he might be feeling like a bit of a twit. If that's the best they can come up with, so be it...

What did he have to say about the Reptiles songs about Wallace Mercer dieing and Steven Pressley being a child mollester?

Nothing ?

Interesting.

I have to agree with the posters who say he is in fact being complimentary. If you take the word canon as being a list of rules, or a list of anything I feel he is saying for something that is being aimed at hated opponents this deserves to be a top choice. What is there for anyone to complain about, it contains none of the bigotry, religious or political bile that is usually involved in the more unacceptable chants/songs, having read the comment repeatedly I have to feel that on this occasion the journalist is being wrongly accused.

This is clearly a criticism of the song (and Hearts support)

Canon, in this context, basically means 'the complete repertoire of lame football jibes'.

The sentence means 'as far as lame football jibes go this is top of the list'.

The journalist is unequivocally a t!t of the highest order.

I'm off to write some sectarian pro-terrorist chants for the next derby.

Archived