"It's a Small World."

Valar Morghulis

Valar Morghulis

Ever had an event take place that was so completely coincidental that it makes for a decent story?

A little over twelve years ago I came to the States on a footie scholarship along with a few other Scottish lads, including a guy with the same surname (Munro) as me. He's a huge Rangers fan (from Ross-Shire!), one of those bigoted Huns who?s never set foot in a Proddy church, and sings "Build My Gallows High", etc.

Anyway, flash forward to 2005: I?m married and living in Birmingham, Alabama. Hearts have just won their 8th game in a row, beating Rangers 1 - 0 at Tynecastle. I get a phone call that evening and when I answer a Scottish lad says, ?Haha, get it right ******* up ye, ya filthy hun! Come on the J.T?s!?

I said, ?I think you?ve got the wrong person, I?m a Hearts fan.? To cut a long story short, the guy who called me turned out to be Kris O?Neill, former Hearts player. He was over playing after being released by Hearts and was hanging out with a former teammate of mine who?d misremembered which Munro was a Hun.

Anyway, we had a laugh about it, and chatted for a good while about Hearts, and playing boy?s club football against each other. I?m not sure what he?s up to now, anyone know?

Valar Morghulis

Regularly plays 5's in muirhouse. He's not the best tbh.

He was a good striker at youth level, from what I remember. All I can recall from his time at Hearts was his goal against St. Johnstone in the cup. I think it rebounded off him and in, from about three yards out.

B. Dynamite

Ever had an event take place that was so completely coincidental that it makes for a decent story?

A little over twelve years ago I came to the States on a footie scholarship along with a few other Scottish lads, including a guy with the same surname (Munro) as me. He's a huge Rangers fan (from Ross-Shire!), one of those bigoted Huns who?s never set foot in a Proddy church, and sings "Build My Gallows High", etc.

Anyway, flash forward to 2005: I?m married and living in Birmingham, Alabama. Hearts have just won their 8th game in a row, beating Rangers 1 - 0 at Tynecastle. I get a phone call that evening and when I answer a Scottish lad says, ?Haha, get it right ******* up ye, ya filthy hun! Come on the J.T?s!?

I said, ?I think you?ve got the wrong person, I?m a Hearts fan.? To cut a long story short, the guy who called me turned out to be Kris O?Neill, former Hearts player. He was over playing after being released by Hearts and was hanging out with a former teammate of mine who?d misremembered which Munro was a Hun.

Anyway, we had a laugh about it, and chatted for a good while about Hearts, and playing boy?s club football against each other. I?m not sure what he?s up to now, anyone know?

That you Paulio??? You still see G aka 'Peanut'?? :D

Nicholas Brody

Goes out with a girl I know. From what I've heard he brings up the fact he played for Hearts quite a bit. Think I heard he's playing for a team in the East of Scotland Football League or something like that :huh:

He actually phoned up someone he didn't know just to say that? :vrface:

Auld Reekin'

Goes out with a girl I know. From what I've heard he brings up the fact he played for Hearts quite a bit. Think I heard he's playing for a team in the East of Scotland Football League or something like that :huh:

Well, you would, wouldn't you...?!?!?!? :woot:

Valar Morghulis

That you Paulio??? You still see G aka 'Peanut'?? :D

It is indeed. Aye, he's doing well. Shoot me a pm.

Valar Morghulis

He actually phoned up someone he didn't know just to say that? :vrface:

To be fair, I think our mate, who he was hanging out with at the time,encouraged him a fair bit.

Johanes de Silentio

He was a good striker at youth level, from what I remember. All I can recall from his time at Hearts was his goal against St. Johnstone in the cup. I think it rebounded off him and in, from about three yards out.

Mind he scored a nice goal in a European tie at Tynecastle against some Latvian mob or something.

Was freed, joined Hamilton, and slipped off the radar. :(

In about July 1997, I went on a family holiday to Portugal, aged 13.

As you do, made pals with a similar aged boy, who was from Stirling.

Never spoke to him again after Portugal.

Fast forward to Sep 2002, first day at Uni, here he was on my course.

Thought that was pretty nuts.

In about July 1997, I went on a family holiday to Portugal, aged 13.

As you do, made pals with a similar aged boy, who was from Stirling.

Never spoke to him again after Portugal.

Fast forward to Sep 2002, first day at Uni, here he was on my course.

Thought that was pretty nuts.

holiday romance?

My brother's new flat mate is Zimbabwean and it turns out he lived accross the road from, attended the same school as and dated a colleague of mine when they both lived in Zimbabwe many years ago.

B. Dynamite

It is indeed. Aye, he's doing well. Shoot me a pm.

Will do bro.

Nice avatar btw :thumbsup:

My uncle is a mechanic and stays over in Spain. He has a mate that comes over from England for a few months at a time as he is a taxi driver in London. He gets called 'Taxi John' over there.

My brothers other half was down in London and got into the back of a cab and as you do started chatting to the driver. He was telling her about how he was over from Spain earning some more cash so he could go back over for a few months and got onto the topic of how she was from Edinburgh and he had a mate over there that was from the capital as well. She eventually clocked as the conversation went on and asked the boy, who she had never met before, if his name was 'Taxi John' and it was. Think there are around 15-20 thousand taxis in London.

My mate was inspired to learn Japanese when, as a wee boy seen a scouse Chinese girl speaking Japanese words on the breakfast club. After uni he did the JET programme in Japan and amongst the other new Jets was the very same scouse Chinese bird. My now wife, had joined the programme with her after being best friends with her at uni and would never even have thought about it otherwise.

I met scouse Chinese bird and my wife at the same time when they visited my mate 7 years later.

It's strange how some things come together!

boy_in_maroon

Kris now plays for Hawick Royal Albert

I lived in a flat back during uni with a smoking hot girl and a rather odd guy. The guy used to sit in his room most days, generally skulking about and freaking us out. Good times though as girl and I got rather close. However come summer she pretty much out of the blue moved out, when I had been off on a festival w/e. I moved on to a new place shortly after, and never heard from her again unfortunately :( However the guy...10yrs on I was reading the paper and he had been done for a fairly lengthy series of brutal murders. Backpacker style, all women. He had emigrated out to the States and pretty much made a hobby out of chopping up chicks for kicks.

My brother lived in Perth WA for 6 years, and about a ear or so after he moved there, he befriended a Hun ex-pat. They got talkin aboot fitba as ye do, and my brother put the RR fitba fone in on the computer. That lad said, "That gadgey from Edinburgh doesnae half slaver a lot of shite on that"

:lol:

I was chuffed! Famous all over the world!

I lived in a flat back during uni with a smoking hot girl and a rather odd guy. The guy used to sit in his room most days, generally skulking about and freaking us out. Good times though as girl and I got rather close. However come summer she pretty much out of the blue moved out, when I had been off on a festival w/e. I moved on to a new place shortly after, and never heard from her again unfortunately :( However the guy...10yrs on I was reading the paper and he had been done for a fairly lengthy series of brutal murders. Backpacker style, all women. He had emigrated out to the States and pretty much made a hobby out of chopping up chicks for kicks.

:wow:

That's well creepy like!

Valar Morghulis

Bloody Hell! Wasnae expecting this kind of story! He isn't hanging about Georgia the now, is he? :unsure:

Funny you should say that. I read that his preferred method before disembowling his victims was to hang them on a butcher's hook. Whether or not one was called Georgia I do not know.

Tommy Brown

The girl that moved out, out of the blue. You never heard from her again?

:huh::unsure:

Am I the only one thinking this. Is there anymore to add to this story?

The People's Chimp

The girl that moved out, out of the blue. You never heard from her again?

:huh::unsure:

Am I the only one thinking this. Is there anymore to add to this story?

Am I the only one thinking "links please."

Archived