Zaliukas suspended for Edinburgh derby

donnie darko

Coburg Hearts

The only thing that is a bomb-scare is this thread. Some dreadful posts on it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zal is awesome and I'm less pleased when he is out. That being said, webster and mcgowan/barr/Mrowiec would be fine

Now, regular pop pickers will know I am not Zaliukas' biggest fan, but, the day I worry about suspensions against that bottom end rabble hasn't dawned yet.

Problem Officer?

No, he's not.

If conceding a penalty/getting sent off and scoring an own goal doesn't merit the title of "bombscare" in two of our last three derbies then I'm lost quite frankly.

I don't have anything against him but I can't say I'm overly bothered about him missing out tbh.

Webster will be given the arm band and McGowan will slot in nicely.

If conceding a penalty/getting sent off and scoring an own goal doesn't merit the title of "bombscare" in two of our last three derbies then I'm lost quite frankly.

I don't have anything against him but I can't say I'm overly bothered about him missing out tbh.

Webster will be given the arm band and McGowan will slot in nicely.

Hopefully forever. thumbsup.gif

Great news that one of he most overrated and mistake prone defenders in the league misses a big match which is when he usually makes his errors. So yeah, great news. Delighted he won't feature.

I don't get some people's attitude to Zal on here. Yeah he is prone to a 'bombscare' moment every few matches, but for some fans he seems to be the scapegoat for most of our failings this season. Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less than us in the league, so surely if Zal was 'one of the most mistake prone defenders in the league' then we'd have conceded a lot more, no?

And let's not forget we probably wouldn't have a game this Saturday if it wasn't for our fantastic captain :ninja:

FFS people are happy about our captain, and one of the best defenders in the league, being out through suspension :cornette::facepalm:

Problem Officer?

FFS people are happy about our captain, and one of the best defenders in the league, being out through suspension :cornette::facepalm:

More "not bothered" rather than happy, from me at least.

CavySlaveJambo

I don't get some people's attitude to Zal on here. Yeah he is prone to a 'bombscare' moment every few matches, but for some fans he seems to be the scapegoat for most of our failings this season. Only Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen have conceded less than us in the league, so surely if Zal was 'one of the most mistake prone defenders in the league' then we'd have conceded a lot more, no?

And let's not forget we probably wouldn't have a game this Saturday if it wasn't for our fantastic captain :ninja:

Aberdeen have conceded 32. We've only conceded 29. We've got the third best defense.

Hearts fans are a bemusing lot eh?

I love you all but some of you are just arseholes, frankly.

:lol:

jambo_til_i_die

Great news that one of he most overrated and mistake prone defenders in the league misses a big match which is when he usually makes his errors. So yeah, great news. Delighted he won't feature.

Have to agree with this I'm afraid.

Aberdeen have conceded 32. We've only conceded 29. We've got the third best defense.

how many games has zal missed already? serious question

Busby2Gibson

Hearts fans are a bemusing lot eh?

I love you all but some of you are just arseholes, frankly.

:lol:

Got to agree with this. Why anybody is all over this thread happy we've a suspension to our captain, breaking up our established centre half partnership is frankly beyond me. But I'm forgetting, what do Paulo and Meester Jim know about football?

jambo_til_i_die

Got to agree with this. Why anybody is all over this thread happy we've a suspension to our captain, breaking up our established centre half partnership is frankly beyond me. But I'm forgetting, what do Paulo and Meester Jim know about football?

Best of a bad lot? :lol:

Fermit the Krog

Zal strolls derby games?

:rofl:

Only Hearts fans could somehow find it within themselves to attempt a character assasination on a Hearts defender who's derby record stands up to anyones in the last ten years.

But aye, lets all be grateful he's missing. Falkirks 2007 player of the year will have O'Connor and Griffiths in his back tail I'm sure.

Problem Officer?

Only Hearts fans could somehow find it within themselves to attempt a character assasination on a Hearts defender who's derby record stands up to anyones in the last ten years.

But aye, lets all be grateful he's missing. Falkirks 2007 player of the year will have O'Connor and Griffiths in his back tail I'm sure.

Zaliukas was honking in the 2-2 game at Fester last April and he could have cost us a win on New Years day as well.

As for Barr, he's shown he can step in and do a decent job in the past few weeks.

It's Hibs we're playing...

Fermit the Krog

It's Hibs we're playing...

Yes, and Captain Zaliukas' record is marvelous.

:thumb:

Wee Darren?

Time will tell.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Zaliukas was hardly troubled in the last derby. His own goal was unfortunate but he played well.

Zaliukas is 1 of the top defenders in the SPL.

He makes the odd mistake, but who doesn't. Personally I'm looking forward to a Scottish Cup Quarter Final which we are in thanks to our Captain's heroic performance and late winner in the last round.

Malcolm Tucker

Gavin Gunning

Shaun Hutchison

Ryan McGowan

Mark Reynolds

Thomas Rogne

Zander...oops sorry he is doon south now :rolleyes:

Shaun Hutchison.

Mark Reynolds.

HOW ON EARTH HAS THIS POST GONE UNNOTICED.

Christ on a shitey bike.

I genuinely despair at fellow Hearts fans sometimes, I really do.

Seems I can't interpret the league table properly. Emphasises my point better though...

how many games has zal missed already? serious question

Played 28 matches in the league this season - so he's missed one.

Hungry Heart

Rarely post here but can go on what I hear and have been hearing in the stands over the years as a season ticket holder.

The negativity Zaliukas receives baffles me at times. Usual story, Zaliukas does good things, rarely a peep, makes an error all hell breaks loose. He's been a scapegoat for years and will continue to be for a stubborn support. I'm personally of the opinion someone else has already raised, if he eradicated his odd 'bombscare' moments he'd be playing at a better team than us.

And for my tuppence I can't help feel the stick Zaliukas gets stems back to his first days at Hearts. He got played in midfield, there was a lot of speculation about Lithuanian favouritism and Romonav 'picking the team' and a lot of 'fans' took out their anger (wrongly whichever way you look at it IMO) on the players on the park. Lots of shouts of "send him back" occured during his early days, when not only was he new to a team (most players need settling time, particularly foreign) he was being played out of position.

He then slotted into defence and started to play well. The 'fans' didn't change their tune. And to this day, despite how well he may play he they still remain as they were years ago. I think most don't want to admit Zakiukas is in fact a very good defender as by doing so they would be admitting that they were wrong, which they do not want to do. And even for a smaller amount of 'fans' I think dig their heels in as they don't want to face up to the fact that their actions and opinions years ago could have been viewed as xenophobic IMO.

Opinions about players can change. I didn't think Black should've been anywhere near the squad a year or two ago and now I'm disappointed when he's not in the team. There was a time Driver not being in the team would be the worst news for the team, now when he gets a start I wonder why someone else isn't on the field in place of him. I can admit when I was wrong. I also encourage and never boo, but that's my perogative I suppose.

Dean Winchester

Rarely post here but can go on what I hear and have been hearing in the stands over the years as a season ticket holder.

The negativity Zaliukas receives baffles me at times. Usual story, Zaliukas does good things, rarely a peep, makes an error all hell breaks loose. He's been a scapegoat for years and will continue to be for a stubborn support. I'm personally of the opinion someone else has already raised, if he eradicated his odd 'bombscare' moments he'd be playing at a better team than us.

And for my tuppence I can't help feel the stick Zaliukas gets stems back to his first days at Hearts. He got played in midfield, there was a lot of speculation about Lithuanian favouritism and Romonav 'picking the team' and a lot of 'fans' took out their anger (wrongly whichever way you look at it IMO) on the players on the park. Lots of shouts of "send him back" occured during his early days, when not only was he new to a team (most players need settling time, particularly foreign) he was being played out of position.

He then slotted into defence and started to play well. The 'fans' didn't change their tune. And to this day, despite how well he may play he they still remain as they were years ago. I think most don't want to admit Zakiukas is in fact a very good defender as by doing so they would be admitting that they were wrong, which they do not want to do. And even for a smaller amount of 'fans' I think dig their heels in as they don't want to face up to the fact that their actions and opinions years ago could have been viewed as xenophobic IMO.

Opinions about players can change. I didn't think Black should've been anywhere near the squad a year or two ago and now I'm disappointed when he's not in the team. There was a time Driver not being in the team would be the worst news for the team, now when he gets a start I wonder why someone else isn't on the field in place of him. I can admit when I was wrong. I also encourage and never boo, but that's my perogative I suppose.

Great post :thumbsup:

Now, regular pop pickers will know I am not Zaliukas' biggest fan, but, the day I worry about suspensions against that bottom end rabble hasn't dawned yet.

Has this really been lost in the morass of "HE'S SHITE/HE'S AMAZING"?

A bunch of shitebags, all'y'all.

Clerry Jambo

Shaun Hutchison.

Mark Reynolds.

Christ on a shitey bike.

Don't despair Malky, just accept you dinnae have a clue what your talking aboot :lol:

Zaliukas is 1 of the top defenders in the SPL.

He makes the odd mistake, but who doesn't. Personally I'm looking forward to a Scottish Cup Quarter Final which we are in thanks to our Captain's heroic performance and late winner in the last round.

I'm glad I read all the posts before adding my reply because I was going to say this.

Tommy Wiseau

Shaun Hutchison.

Mark Reynolds.

Christ on a shitey bike.

Oh, I noticed it. I just noticed it for what it was - a dreadful attempt at trolling - and chose to ignore it.

Ryan McGowan a better centre back than Zaliukas despite about 2 SPL games in that position :rofl:

:greatpost:

Oh, I noticed it. I just noticed it for what it was - a dreadful attempt at trolling - and chose to ignore it.

Yep. I've genuinely no idea who Gavin Gunning is, despite his - presumably - dozens of international caps.

Yep. I've genuinely no idea who Gavin Gunning is, despite his - presumably - dozens of international caps.

He scored against us two weeks ago. But still, anyone saying he's better than Zal :facepalm:

Webster, Mulgrew, Bocanegra. Maybe Goian. Then comes Zal.

He scored against us two weeks ago. But still, anyone saying he's better than Zal :facepalm:

I still don't know who he is.

That's a great post. You summed things up a lot more eloquently than I could.

Tommy Wiseau

Not surprised at that statement, here's a wee help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Gunning

As a season ticket holder and proper Hearts man, I've seen all of those players play. Presumably you've not if you've stuck to your one man boycott :greggy: I wouldn't swap Zaliukas for any of them, btw.

A year ago folk were claiming Majstorovic was much better than Zaliukas, wish they would learn that some gimp who has one or two half decent games isn't all of a sudden the bees fecking knees :lol:

Clerry Jambo

As a season ticket holder and proper Hearts man, I've seen all of those players play. Presumably you've not if you've stuck to your one man boycott :greggy: I wouldn't swap Zaliukas for any of them, btw.

A year ago folk were claiming Majstorovic was much better than Zaliukas, wish they would learn that some gimp who has one or two half decent games isn't all of a sudden the bees fecking knees :lol:

1/10 ex top bhoy

Tommy Wiseau

1/10 ex top bhoy

So you have seen them all play in the flesh then? Genuine question.

Oh, and "ex"... pffffahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

NewYorkJambo

The money zaliukas has made from hearts is disgusting. He's an abysmal player

Jambo, Goodbye

When he scored that own goal the first thing that popped into my head was this thread, I knew it'd be bumped up laugh.gif

NewYorkJambo

why don't you name some SPL defenders who are better

this should be fun :)

I can think of Webster, Mulgrew and Bocanegra

Honestly? how much data can the forum hold? I won't waste my time. You're entitles to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. The day Zaliukas leaves will be a great day

Fermit the Krog

Honestly? how much data can the forum hold? I won't waste my time. You're entitles to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. The day Zaliukas leaves will be a great day

Seen him much in the last 4 years, Mark?

NewYorkJambo

Seen him much in the last 4 years, Mark?

Yeah, probably ten times or so a season on the internet and a couple of times in person. Just because I don't live in the country doesn't mean I haven't seen him enough to realise he's crap.

Tommy Wiseau

Yeah, probably ten times or so a season on the internet and a couple of times in person. Just because I don't live in the country doesn't mean I haven't seen him enough to realise he's crap.

Archived