Sergio Garcia

The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

All or nothing to stop Celtic maybe?

I don't think anyone can doubt that's their (unbelievably risky) strategy.  

VALDOS
38 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Ryan Fraser is on £1k a week and playing every game for Bournemouth.  Surely that is wrong.

Absolutely its wrong, agents have an EPL players salary starting at no less than 10k a week, and thats just young lads who are just breaking through.

Riccarton3

Looking back, did the SFA ever make a public statement about the liquidated club'x use of EBTs after the final judgement was made on them?  Along the lines of a general warning to clubs to seek advice from the association if there any doubts over the legality of their activities., using Rangers as an example.

Edited by Riccarton3

Blackford Hearts

Interesting to see that after an apparently dubious call off of their Scottish Cup game on Friday night  Sevco fly out to play in Helsinki for a pre-arranged friendly match today

Cairneyhill Jambo
20 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Interesting to see that after an apparently dubious call off of their Scottish Cup game on Friday night  Sevco fly out to play in Helsinki for a pre-arranged friendly match today

It was at Ibrox. 

Mikey1874
22 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

1 minute ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It was at Ibrox. 

It was Rangers who queried the pitch and asked for an early inspection.

Though to be fair they might have been correct. 

Blackford Hearts
13 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It was at Ibrox. 

Conspiracy over! I read it was part of the Morelos deal so assumed it was over there. Must be splitting / giving Helsinki the gate money and getting the Sevco fans to pay the transfer fee

kirkierobroy

Clearly they have some unknown source of income. All of the predictions about their demise have come to nothing and, anyway, nobody in the law or Scottish football, including the chairpeople of the other clubs, are willing to call them out.

They are the monster we all hate, the monster that shouldn't exist, but it JUST... WON'T... DIE...

Riccarton3
32 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Clearly they have some unknown source of income. All of the predictions about their demise have come to nothing and, anyway, nobody in the law or Scottish football, including the chairpeople of the other clubs, are willing to call them out.

They are the monster we all hate, the monster that shouldn't exist, but it JUST... WON'T... DIE...

to be fair, it did, in 2012, unable to fulfill its fixtures.When you arrive at that point, it's over.

Edited by Riccarton3

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

They lost £14 million last year. They are just overspending to catch Celtic 

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They lost £14 million last year. They are just overspending to catch Celtic 

I hope that dream lives for another season and a half and then BOOM!!!

Once Gerrard leaves they'll implode.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I hope that dream lives for another season and a half and then BOOM!!!

Once Gerrard leaves they'll implode.

I will laugh if the tims win it (not that I want to see them win it either) just to hasten the implosion.  

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I will laugh if the tims win it (not that I want to see them win it either) just to hasten the implosion.  

Obviously. Us, or another team (not #ibs) then Celtic. In that order. **** Newco.

132goals1958
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A case of every cloud having a silver lining. The contempt of court saga still rolls on whilst the allegation from the glib one that members of organised crime have bought into the club seems to have gone a bit quit.

Mysterion

Where’s the share money... can’t be long now before further action is taken.

Lfhearts

Ryan Fraser is only on £1k a week I don't believe that at all. No premiership player can be on as little as that.

Lfhearts

Think 27k a week for Fraser ffs

Stuart Lyon

All gone quiet on the Glib and shameless liar's contempt of court case.

Jambo-Fox
3 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Or perhaps they will ‘surrender’?!

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Ryan Fraser is only on £1k a week I don't believe that at all. No premiership player can be on as little as that.

‘Never, he signed a £3M 3 year extension with Bournemouth a few seasons ago I believe.

That would’ve put him on about £20k a week a few years ago.

There is a 20% sell on clause for Aberdeen, so hoping he gets sold if he leaves

Dunks
6 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

A case of every cloud having a silver lining. The contempt of court saga still rolls on whilst the allegation from the glib one that members of organised crime have bought into the club seems to have gone a bit quit.

Was that not just so he could refuse the Easdales a vote in the share issue?

JackLadd

Sevco are a cross between the black night "tis but a scratch" and a Japanese Kamikaze. 

Deevers

Desperately trying to find a buyer for the Colombian cheat. All these fake stories planted in the compliant press trying to drum up business. 

kirkierobroy

Morelos is such a dirty, cheaty player I can't see him succeeding anywhere that they have decent refs and lots of good defences. Hence Sevco 2012 try to look busy by rebuffing approaches that don't actually exist.

Mysterion
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Desperately trying to find a buyer for the Colombian cheat. All these fake stories planted in the compliant press trying to drum up business. 

There may be some element of truth - but the interest level and fee may have passed through the Level 5 bicycle pump of hot air first. 

Footballfirst

Morelos isn't happy about something. Perhaps it's a trip to Nice that's been called off.

image.png.20e0b3a2e4148ba22d4da6b1228a69b5.pngimage.png.e0b5ad30d43cf85add75bc6ee89ae7fb.pngimage.png.ebdb02bc6a11fae3d54e5075e1e89280.png

Strachsuit

DP

Edited by Strachsuit

Strachsuit
On 19/01/2019 at 13:29, Brave Hearts said:

Edited by Strachsuit

Strachsuit
On 19/01/2019 at 13:29, Brave Hearts said:

Article in The Times this morning saying der Huns are have agreed to pay £65,000 a week for the rest of the season on Defoe.

Bournemouth will still be paying the other half of his £130,000 a week salary.

8FBCE1C0-9D1C-412E-ADBE-CD350D261B9D.jpeg.1bbc30301d0bea85271cf4a9cdccf5a7.jpeg

Sorry but when the article can't even get the name of the league correct, forgive me if I take it with a massive dose of salt. More regurgitated shite from other "news" sources. This is what journalism has become these days.

Footballfirst
12 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All gone quiet on the Glib and shameless liar's contempt of court case.

He is due to make his long awaited share offer by 5.30pm on Friday. If he fails to do so there will be another hearing at the CoS on 29 January and will be required to make a personal appearance at a subsequent hearing on 4 February.

Deevers
27 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

There may be some element of truth - but the interest level and fee may have passed through the Level 5 bicycle pump of hot air first. 

If, and it’s a big if, he goes in this window it will be for no where near the figures being banded about in their fanzines. There will be bit of desperation inside the  Blue Room as I think getting a reasonable fee for him just now is essential for their plans and possibly even keeping them afloat.

Mysterion
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If, and it’s a big if, he goes in this window it will be for no where near the figures being banded about in their fanzines. There will be bit of desperation inside the  Blue Room as I think getting a reasonable fee for him just now is essential for their plans and possibly even keeping them afloat.

I would take a guess that the current board will be asked to put their hand in their pockets again - they'll be sold the vision that the club is on the verge of the greatest comeback ever and they'll be repaid in shares/increased revenues (prize money etc). 

We'd all love them to be in trouble again but I now struggle to see a scenario where those in charge will allow it (they've all got too much to lose).

JackLadd

Somebody must be funnelling  money into them. The DUP is my guess.

buzzbomb1958
On 30/11/2018 at 22:28, Deevers said:

Spoiler

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Old post

jock _turd
40 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Somebody must be funnelling  money into them. The DUP is my guess.

I am certain there will be funds coming in from various sources since they have no bank overdraft facilities ... unless they are printing their own ! Personally I could care less if someone is making large a commitment to them ... so what we are getting money from unnamed benefactors. The difference is the money we get is being used wisely to further the club's future whereas any money they get is being pissed into the wind in utter desperation. The loss of say a couple of games for us is something we could do without BUT the club's existence is not in jeopardy because of that, I don't think the same is true for them they need to achieve certain targets to help balance the crazy money spend.

Deevers

Your assessment is probably  correct, however the borrowing from Directors can't go on for ever. They have wracked up quite a considerable debt to date. We don't really know the ins and outs of their financing. I suspect that a failure to pip Celtic this season might well have a considerable fallout for them. I still get the feeling that they are desperate to cash in on Morelos in this window and that's why we are seeing all of these planted stories in the media. 

SUTOL
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Morelos isn't happy about something. Perhaps it's a trip to Nice that's been called off.

image.png.20e0b3a2e4148ba22d4da6b1228a69b5.png

tenor.gif?itemid=12341169

Stuart Lyon

Footballfirst - thanks for the update on King

buzzbomb1958
41 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12341169

Probably pissed off having signed a new deal he finds out Defoe is on £130 k a week and Sevco are paying half ,he's probably on peanuts compared to that hopefully that will **** his head up ,red card against killie

ericb
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

He is due to make his long awaited share offer by 5.30pm on Friday. If he fails to do so there will be another hearing at the CoS on 29 January and will be required to make a personal appearance at a subsequent hearing on 4 February.

Why another hearing? They've already ruled him in contempt, is this hearing to say we really really mean it?

Shrekeo
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I am certain there will be funds coming in from various sources since they have no bank overdraft facilities ... unless they are printing their own ! Personally I could care less if someone is making large a commitment to them ... so what we are getting money from unnamed benefactors. The difference is the money we get is being used wisely to further the club's future whereas any money they get is being pissed into the wind in utter desperation. The loss of say a couple of games for us is something we could do without BUT the club's existence is not in jeopardy because of that, I don't think the same is true for them they need to achieve certain targets to help balance the crazy money spend.

I had the misfortune of meeting someone on holiday last year who is involved with the Blue Knights and is worth a fair few quid.

The guy, unsurprisingly, was a horrific bigot and I have no doubt he has been making significant ‘investment’ in the club over the last few years with other ‘like minded’ individuals. 

The guy would give every penny he has to stop 10 in a row. 

Beast Boy

It’s the growing debt/losses that interest me most. £14m loss last year? Ouch!

If someone takes them off GaSL’s hands, they need to pay more and more as the losses mount up. These wee bears that toddle along beside King, throwing their money at insuring his largesse will want some sort of remuneration should a rich bigot slither in from the left field.

Sevco are chucking money they don’t currently have at stopping ten in a row. That much is obvious.

I think they are happy with the minimal reputational damage they suffered when they died and formed a completely new football club. That’s what they will do again, when their criminally ill-monitored efforts to stop 10iar fall flat.

They’ve shaken the bigot tree a lot in recent years, and a few orange monkeys have fallen in to their swag sack. That tree is getting more and more sparse of fruit though...

all imo.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Ribble
7 hours ago, Deevers said:

Would not surprise me to see him actually get sent off before the end of the window to trigger the 'hounded out of scottish football' chat from stevie g as they punt him for £4m

jambovambo
39 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It’s the growing debt/losses that interest me most. £14m loss last year? Ouch!

If someone takes them off GaSL’s hands, they need to pay more and more as the losses mount up. These wee bears that toddle along beside King, throwing their money at insuring his largesse will want some sort of remuneration should a rich bigot slither in from the left field.

Sevco are chucking money they don’t currently have at stopping ten in a row. That much is obvious.

I think they are happy with the minimal reputational damage they suffered when they died and formed a completely new football club. That’s what they will do again, when their criminally ill-monitored efforts to stop 10iar fall flat.

They’ve shaken the bigot tree a lot in recent years, and a few orange monkeys have fallen in to their swag sack. That tree is getting more and more sparse of fruit though...

all imo.

Bravo, sir. 

Edited by jambovambo

Dallas Green
7 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

Sorry but when the article can't even get the name of the league correct, forgive me if I take it with a massive dose of salt. More regurgitated shite from other "news" sources. This is what journalism has become these days.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jermain-defoe-bournemouth-three-years-10486174

It was reported, in multiple outlets around the time when he signed, that he was on a hell of a lot more than the top paid player at Bournemouth.

graygo
8 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Morelos is such a dirty, cheaty player I can't see him succeeding anywhere that they have decent refs and lots of good defences. Hence Sevco 2012 try to look busy by rebuffing approaches that don't actually exist.

They must have referees in Finland similar to ours then because his scoring record with Helsinki was better then it is with Rangers.

Helsinki - 27 goals 42 games.

Rangers - 26 goals 54 games.

Source is Wikipedia so might be out.

Fozzyonthefence

He’s scored more than 26 goals for Sevco, or is that just league goals?

milky_26
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s scored more than 26 goals for Sevco, or is that just league goals?

thats just league games 38 in 77 when you also include cup games