The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Dunfermline money?

I assume it is the money from selling tickets to Rangers fans for the game last Saturday. Thats if Rangers handle the ticket sales for away fans at EEP.

Are we really in a position to gloat?

If we settle the tax bill and pay the players wages....then for the short term....yes....yes we are.

This...we are in a different situation,but we are in no position to gloat When it comes to financial matters, we are living from week to week ourselves.

JamboAberdeen

Possible scenario

It's gonna be the best news of the year so far, as long as our Wallace money is secure.

But if they quickly managed to agree CVA to come out from administration before the end of March, they'll escape European ban next season, so normal service will be resumed.

I hope HMRC will stand firm against tax evasion to recover tax payers' money as much as possible.

Classic Whyte on STV!!!

Raman having a heart attack!

Edited by colinmaroon

real radio is boring.

someone phone in and demand they address the Shiels vs. Sergio issue? Afterall, there are more than 1 team in Scotland!

Short term it will be bad for rangers but administration will help them long term, am I correct?

No.

Read one of the threads on it. :thumb:

I, at no point, truly believed that LIQUIDATION was on the cards. :-)

If they go into ADMINISTRATION, I'd go out to celebrate. If they go into LIQUIDATION, I'll go on an enormous piss up.

Awesome news, just awesome. :laugh:

real radio is boring.

someone phone in and demand they address the Shiels vs. Sergio issue? Afterall, there are more than 1 team in Scotland!

Now's yer chance - they're obviously watching JKB :lol:

'It's not all about Rabgers !!'

I, at no point, truly believed that LIQUIDATION was on the cards. :-)

If they go into ADMINISTRATION, I'd go out to celebrate. If they go into LIQUIDATION, I'll go on an enormous piss up.

Awesome news, just awesome. :laugh:

Haven't had a drop since 1992 but, might have a wee Balvennie (for medicinal purposes you understand).

It's all Lloyds bank fault now according to that **** on Radio Scotland just now. Okay then ya throbber.

It's all Lloyds bank fault now according to that **** on Radio Scotland just now. Okay then ya throbber.

Who's that? Chick Dung? He'll say anything as long as it means he doesnt blame Sir Dave.

He sounds like he is about to start crying.

Derek Johnstone " There will always be a Rangers, Rangers will not go out of business" " Rangers will be debt free and be stronger because of it" " There will only be short term pain"

Hmmmm

Edited by JJ's Barmy Army

Who's that? Chick Dung? He'll say anything as long as it means he doesnt blame Sir Dave.

Their former chairman Alastair somebody. Cannae mind his second name bud.

What happens if no Administrator/Accountant wants to take on Rangers?

Knowing the tax man is going to clobber them and that Craig Whyte is worse than Vlad for paying bills, would you take on a project knowing that it is likely you will not get paid.

Alastair Johnston. You cant blame him really. He was on the board when the mess started. He's unlikely to start blaming his own regime. I bet Dung laps it up though.<_<

Edited by Chester?

Surely administration can't be as simple as that **** rough is saying?

Go into admin, take the 10 point hit, next season rangers start debt free and probably new owner comes in takes them out of admin and rangers can buy players as they please?

I don't believe ghat can be right? Any people know anything about the ins and outs.

If he's wrong phone real radio and put him in his place.

Johnston.

He is really going to town, isn't he? :-0

Francis Albert

Surely administration can't be as simple as that **** rough is saying?

Go into admin, take the 10 point hit, next season rangers start debt free and probably new owner comes in takes them out of admin and rangers can buy players as they please?

I don't believe ghat can be right? Any people know anything about the ins and outs.

If he's wrong phone real radio and put him in his place.

It would take a lifetime to educate Rough on much simpler topics than this.

"He would say that wouldn't he" is enough.

itsnomarooned

I can't be ersed reading 432 posts but as funny as this is I don't think it'll make any practical difference to the SPL. My limited understanding of this situation is that some sort of compromise agreement may be reached with creditors but everything but the name remains in place and they get to continue trading. A 10 point deduction but big deal. Maybe there's more to it or further information will be released but unfortunately I suspect it won't spell the end of them.

They have went through the cast for tonight and Chick's name has not been mentioned.

laugh.gif

dry.gif

:rofl:

Night off because of a bereavement?

Have an incredibly pleasing image in my mind of Charles in his hoose, huddled into his RFC duvet, crumpled tissues all over the bed, red faced from crying all day, refusing to take any calls.

:pinilla:

Francis Albert

If they go into admin then the debt they owe hmrc is cleared?

No. They have to try to reach agreement with their creditors including HMRC. If they do they leave administration and live on. If they don't Rangers FC ceases to exist. No surprise that some Rangers apologists are leaning roward the more optimistic scenario. But then they have been for months if not years as far as TRangers are concerned.

Dean Winchester

Don't know why but it does

You don't know why but it does? :unsure:

Basically as far as I'm aware they have 2 options.

1) CVA where >75% creditors would need to agree to a reduce payment plan. 10p in the pound etc. IF (a big IF considering HMRC would be one of these creditors and most likely the only one who's decision matters) but would allow them to continue on as is.

2) Option 2: Restart as a new company. This would mean reapplying. Starting in division 3 etc.

I can't see how hrmc won't go after them for the full whack as it leaves the opportunity for loads of other companies to do the same (this probably happens all the time but I'm not up on tax stuff)

Over on mydadismybrother.net, one of them claimed we can't gloat since we are in a WORSE financial state than rangers.

I'm sorry, but do you see us about to go into administration??

Do you see us potentially owing 50 plus million to the HMRC???

No. Thought not.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic