The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

...a bit disco

Truly scrumptious.

Rangers have claimed a court order preventing them from selling replica strips would have "impaired its ability to function as a football club" - as they face a multi-million pound payout to Sports Direct.

A ruling was published yesterday detailing the reasons why Gers lost the most recent round of legal battles with Mike Ashley.

SDI Retail Services claimed Rangers chiefs were in breach of obligations under a deal relating to the sale of footie strips - a claim the club denied.

However at a High Court hearing in London last week, judge Lionel Persey QC ruled in favour of SDI.

The report made reference to the possibility of Hummel kit again being banned from sales by Rangers.

But Gers claimed, in paragraph 94 of the report, that an injunction should not be granted because it would "lose significant revenues and be exposed to claims for damages from Elite [Hummel's exclusive brand partner]."

The Ibrox outfit also claimed it would see "the club, players and fans will be unable to secure kit and products" and it would affect Gers' "ability to function as a football club".

The judge ruled that he did not believe Gers would lose significant revenues.

And the 'injunctive relief' would not interrupt kit sales for this coming season.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17788853.rangers-claim-court-order-stop-selling-replica-strips-impair-ability-function-football-club-face-multi-million-pound-payout-sports-direct/

It’s interesting that there was eventually a piece in The Scotsman about this case in favour of SDI but it now disappeared. 

I wonder if Fat Jabba has been on the phone telling them to pull it.

Edited by Dannie Boy

2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Truly scrumptious.

Rangers have claimed a court order preventing them from selling replica strips would have "impaired its ability to function as a football club" - as they face a multi-million pound payout to Sports Direct.

A ruling was published yesterday detailing the reasons why Gers lost the most recent round of legal battles with Mike Ashley.

SDI Retail Services claimed Rangers chiefs were in breach of obligations under a deal relating to the sale of footie strips - a claim the club denied.

However at a High Court hearing in London last week, judge Lionel Persey QC ruled in favour of SDI.

The report made reference to the possibility of Hummel kit again being banned from sales by Rangers.

But Gers claimed, in paragraph 94 of the report, that an injunction should not be granted because it would "lose significant revenues and be exposed to claims for damages from Elite [Hummel's exclusive brand partner]."

The Ibrox outfit also claimed it would see "the club, players and fans will be unable to secure kit and products" and it would affect Gers' "ability to function as a football club".

The judge ruled that he did not believe Gers would lose significant revenues.

And the 'injunctive relief' would not interrupt kit sales for this coming season.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17788853.rangers-claim-court-order-stop-selling-replica-strips-impair-ability-function-football-club-face-multi-million-pound-payout-sports-direct/

Poor wee mites

Don’t  break the ****ing law then

5 minutes ago, farin said:

This is even better. “Balance the books”🤔

EF54BE61-8957-4F23-9332-A98ACA4CEE22.jpeg.63de340ecd161d73b0474545b5b8405c.jpeg

Wonder what the odds are on gerrard first manager to go this season :lol:

28 minutes ago, farin said:

And despite all the efforts of Fatty Traynor to spin interest from all over the continent and inflate his worth nothing has transpired.  Seems that big Mike has them in a corner just now and they may have to accept  an offer well short of what they want. Never mind though the ever helpful MSM will massage the figure to save the embarrassment.

Edited by Deevers

heartandsoul
36 minutes ago, farin said:

Is this the start of liquidation 2

1 hour ago, farin said:

See after all the dirty tricks they used to play with the banks in order to stiff other clubs, that is delicious.

132goals1958
55 minutes ago, farin said:

Well according to the BBC gossip page this morning funds are still available to Gerrard to boost the squad. Now any normal business would be providing a contingency in their accounts for this eventuality, as they have known  for some time this potential liability was likely to crystallize.  They are now bleating that any action will impair their business model which to date has been rash and willful overspending. There sense of entitlement and breach of  fiduciary responsibilities is jaw dropping.The MSM were all over us when Vlad was up to his antics but I wont wait with baited breath for a similar reaction which will predictably will be along the lines of speak no evil.

Effervesance
44 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Well according to the BBC gossip page this morning funds are still available to Gerrard to boost the squad. Now any normal business would be providing a contingency in their accounts for this eventuality, as they have known  for some time this potential liability was likely to crystallize.  They are now bleating that any action will impair their business model which to date has been rash and willful overspending. There sense of entitlement and breach of  fiduciary responsibilities is jaw dropping.The MSM were all over us when Vlad was up to his antics but I wont wait with baited breath for a similar reaction which will predictably will be along the lines of speak no evil.

I've got a feeling they'll chuck all their money at stopping 9 in a row and hell mend the financial implosion that'll follow if they don't.

Even if Ashley takes them for £5m including legal fees if they fail to make the group stages of the Europa League then they've got to be close to going down the swanny again. 

Big wages on Defoe, Helander and Davis, 15k a week on Aribo plus whatever Morelos and Tavernier get then their wage bill must be crippling.

Take into account Murphy, Dorrans, Grezda and Barisic then that's probably another £60k a week wasted on guys unlikely to play.

1 minute ago, Effervesance said:

I've got a feeling they'll chuck all their money at stopping 9 in a row and hell mend the financial implosion that'll follow if they don't.

Even if Ashley takes them for £5m including legal fees if they fail to make the group stages of the Europa League then they've got to be close to going down the swanny again. 

Big wages on Defoe, Helander and Davis, 15k a week on Aribo plus whatever Morelos and Tavernier get then their wage bill must be crippling.

Take into account Murphy, Dorrans, Grezda and Barisic then that's probably another £60k a week wasted on guys unlikely to play.

Lafferty holt and dodoo on the wage bill nowhere near the first team on decent money

Forever Hearts
On 22/07/2019 at 20:44, Whatever said:

You’re associating with the wrong type of people m8.

Plenty of them on here. Mad Phil ffs. Even the Mhanks have gave up on his ramblings but by the law of averages he'll get the odd thing right. 

132goals1958
4 minutes ago, Effervesance said:

They are making the same mistakes(on a much larger scale) when they overspent making their way through the divisions. At that time they had the opportunity to make some judicious signings and bolster their financial  reserves. In hindsight us being relegated was not such a bad experience as we halted both Sevco and the Lochenders journey back to the top division.  

24 minutes ago, Effervesance said:

Gerrard and McCallister won't be cheap either.

Bet neither are on less than 20k a week.

Can anyone tell me whatever happened with the ruling that King had to offer to buy everyone’s shares for a previously agreed amount? Last I heard he was telling us he was toiling to open a U.K. bank account. Then it went quiet. 

And now catching up with this thread, I see a debt for equity swap has taken place...so did King make the required offer to the other shareholders prior to this DfE swap? 

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Can anyone tell me whatever happened with the ruling that King had to offer to buy everyone’s shares for a previously agreed amount? Last I heard he was telling us he was toiling to open a U.K. bank account. Then it went quiet. 

And now catching up with this thread, I see a debt for equity swap has taken place...so did King make the required offer to the other shareholders prior to this DfE swap? 

There have been two DFE swaps. The first in September 2018 was enough to ensure that those who wanted to sell didn't have enough votes to force him to buy them out, when the offer was eventually made in January 2019.

The second DFE swap is currently in progress after he got approval from shareholders to proceed without the need to make another offer in June. King and the concert party will own around 54% of the club once the conversion to shares is complete 

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There have been two DFE swaps. The first in September 2018 was enough to ensure that those who wanted to sell didn't have enough votes to force him to buy them out, when the offer was eventually made in January 2019.

The second DFE swap is currently in progress after he got approval from shareholders to proceed without the need to make another offer in June. King and the concert party will own around 54% of the club once the conversion to shares is complete 

Thanks FF, as always, your knowledge is appreciated 👍🏼👍🏼

38 minutes ago, farin said:

With no cap set I’m sure he’ll extract the maximum amount he can out of them. No love lost between him & king. 

Nope, but it’s seriously drain on funds for them tbh. 

It’s petition time again. 😊

10E40A10-8334-4EAD-9024-EE9FBA3DC20C.thumb.jpeg.8970270c3bd42c9c64326382ff4abc36.jpeg

http://chng.it/HNJB7dTK

😂😂😂😂

The comments 

Edited by sadj

NaturalOrder74

Lol so I might be horribly wrong here but my understanding is that I remember The rangers supporters making a big song and dance about them being able to buy kits again .. and now he’s just taking all of that money back, brilliant 

alwaysthereinspirit

The gift that keeps on giving. I love Newco. They're never going to give up thinking they're relevant.

Idiots.

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, farin said:

With no cap set I’m sure he’ll extract the maximum amount he can out of them. 

I'm no legal chap but it occurred to me that what the judgement was actually  saying was that the 1 million cap wasn't enough to cover the "many millions" SDIR lost out on, leaving the window open to add something else, maybe punitive damages because of the continuing lack of goodwill towards the contract and court for example. 

Edited by Smithee

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Un-bloody-real, I think and hope this is the 2nd slippery slope in recent times the bigots from Govan are about to face, this one can’t be (or allowed) to be swept under the rug in the big hoose.

Long may they suffer.

brunoatemyhamster
29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm no legal chap but it occurred to me that what the judgement was actually  saying was that the 1 million cap wasn't enough to cover the "many millions" SDIR lost out on, leaving the window open to add something else, maybe punitive damages because of the continuing lack of goodwill towards the contract and court for example. 

You know we're talking about a guy who won't give you your money back if you buy a pair of trainers and there's only one in the box right? 

I have every faith Big Mike will have his top penny finders on this. I'm sure they are excellent at it by now. 

Would I be right in saying he can bill Sevco for their time aswell? 

I don't think I could handle any more good news. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Embarrassing!!! Hearts Forum! Close the thread!!!

Wait?

What? 

Keep it open thank you.

I love it......

:sweeet:

regards the Europa, I think they'll edge past Progres but the Danish mob will pump them so they won't even make the play-off round. No Europa groups could be a coffin nail or two with Big Mike awaiting damages. I suspect he might be fobbed off with some Sevco assets and payment plan.

The Chinese whispers are gaining momentum ( again ) regarding the finances at Ibrox , unrest between Park & King . Begging bowl being passed around and Hector is applying pressure .... allegedly! 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

😂😂😂😂

The comments 

It's truly incredible. I fully know that there must be a bunch of 'others' on there causing mischief, but the standard 'it shouldn't apply to us because we're special' line is there for all to see. 

To paraphrase a well-known quote, "you can fool some of ra people all of the time..."

The Future's Maroon

The Banter Years, so far...

EBT's

Big Tax Case

Wee Tax Case

Craig Whyte, 'wealth off the radar'

Craig Whyte's pound coin

Jelavic, "titles in the bag"

Arsenal Shares sold

67 Ibrox players to sue Rangers

McCoist as manager

The Big Hoose must stay open

Big Hoose guy

Administration

Fans in tears on the news

Jelly and Ice Cream

Liquidation

Walter Smith wishes new club well 

Mark Dingwall on STV News

Mark Dingwall e-mails hospital

More Jelly and Ice Cream

267 Creditors

The "Switcheroo"

Charles Green

Sevco

Club and Company are seperate things

Dallas Cowboys

Martin Bain ringfenced money

Charles Green's Christmas Message

The Blue Knights

Applying for SFA Membership

Applying to the SPL

Applying to SFL1

Starting life in SFL3

Buying history

Debenture seats relinquished

Wee Stevie in IT

The John Brown Speech

Castles and Chateaux 

Googly eyes

Dave King to invest £50m

Dave King to invest "north of £30m"

Dave King to invest £20m

Dave King to invest £8m

Dave King asks fans for money

Where's ra deeds?

Ball stuck in hedge

Tannadice boycott

Sandaza prank call

Craig Houston

The £500,000 Mega Bus

The £500,000 Mega Bus up in flames

Charles Green Deathbed Interview

Same old Alloa, always cheating

Ian Black betting against his own team

3 failed attempts at the Petrofac Cup

Demanding to know

Chris Graham, the 2-Day Director

Ian Black getting halved by Broonie

McCoist on gardening leave

McDowall as manager

McDowall on gardening leave

McCall as manager

Goosebumps

Cammy Bell

Submarine Sunday

Sick of Jelly and Ice Cream now

McCall unemployed

The Gazebo at the AGM

Water piped in from local church, for free

Gangsters in charge

Lionbrand tops

Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley owns the badge

Hibs 3-2 The Rangers

Hampden riot

Lee Wallace is a grass

Warburton next England Manager

Bread wrappers for hats

The gap is closing

Idiots sitting in tanks, radioing requests to the UB

There is no gap

Going for 55

Joey Barton

5-1 at Celtic Park

5-1 at Ibrox

Pitch invasion at Firhill

Martyn Waghorn noised up outside chippy

Warburton dragged out of a press conference

Simunovic putting Miller into orbit

The Invincible Treble!

Jim Traynor

Level 5

Scott Allan, one of their own

Warburton being 'resigned'

Pedro Caixinha

Here to take your title (various)

Pedro's mini-leagues

Salt & Pepper tactics

Barking dogs and caravans

Progres Niederkorn

Arguing with fans in a hedge

Carlos Pena

Dalcio

Craig Whyte walks free

Banning green boots

Graeme Murty

Headstands

Celebrating a draw

McInnes is coming home

Didn't want McInnes anyway

Union Bears moving for home games

Statements

Miller's re-used shirt

Chinese bid for Morelos

Barry Ferguson Bankrupt

Whit's the goalie daein' Tam? 

3-2 at Ibrox with 10 men

Cheering the Scottish Cup draw

Battle fever is on!

Humped 4-0 at Hampden

Captain suspended

Miller sacked

We deserve better

Fans padlock the gates

Dave King says he's skint

Hummel 

Steven Gerrard

Skrtel is coming

Defoe is coming

Let's go!

Easyjet flights, A4 tickets, Economy Class 

Patio furniture at training camp

Golf buggies instead of a coach

Wheelie bins

Morelos for £2m

Orange strip

The Take Over Panel Ruling

Dave King facing jail for Contempt of Court

Sports Direct tanks on the lawn

Socks on the wrong feet

Training tops and no pennant

Mike Ashley's £500,000 legal fees

Paddy Power paying out after 1 game

The Airport Loyal

The Fanzone

Kenny Miller & The Grass suing The Club for £100k

Nacho Novo saying it's 'not fair'

The Double Treble!

George Peat

Shin pads, 1 pair between 2

Stripe-gate

Peaky Blinders are Tims!

Staunch News

Rangers Shareholders and Organised Crime 

Winners of the inaugural "Top-After-14-Games" Cup

Dundee away

Winning the "13th-Time-Lucky Cup"

Andy Halliday in tears

The 'best day' of Andy Halliday's life...

Going "All In"

Andrew Dallas awards 4 (four) penalties at Ibrox

Morelos 3-Game ban

BBC Protest with 18 fans

Andy Halliday going mental at Celtic Park 

Made-up SFA charges

Alex Rae, cheerleader

Joe Worrall & Tart, in a taxi, rent-free...

Rangers to become the dominant force again. Again.

Only one bid for Morelos, of 3m Euro

Trophy Room at Ibrox renamed as 'The Museum'

The Treble Treble!

Smiles are better than trophies

Warburton says "next season" because it's his turn to say it

Crowd-funding to buy Ryan Kent makes £45 in 2 months

Pop-up shop at The Louden Tavern

The Future's Maroon
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

And more, much more to come. 

Seems very much like it, lmfao.

(that list I posted came from a Celtic fan so a couple are more aimed at The Rangers from Celtic fans, but going through the list is funny as hell and shows what a basket case of clubs they are/were).

11 hours ago, trotter said:

See after all the dirty tricks they used to play with the banks in order to stiff other clubs, that is delicious.

This is where I am. Delicious karma for all the many times they used BoS to force clubs to sell players on the cheap.

6 hours ago, Meadows said:

The Chinese whispers are gaining momentum ( again ) regarding the finances at Ibrox , unrest between Park & King . Begging bowl being passed around and Hector is applying pressure .... allegedly! 

That would be especially interesting.

I'd be a little surprised if the club (in its own right) would have much to worry about as they are likely to have tax losses to bring forward plus, the way they are buying/paying players, I would have thought there would be little or no tax liability to cause serious problems..

IF, however, Hector is having to chase for the PAYE/NIC being deducted from salaries, and not being remitted,  that is a different matter and would suggest they are having cash flow problems.  Time for more soft loans, me thinks.

There is of course also the possibility that Park is seeking repayment of soft loans he has maybe given already and that is creating the acrimony (if true) between Park and King.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'd be a little surprised if the club (in its own right) would have much to worry about as they are likely to have tax losses to bring forward plus, the way they are buying/paying players, I would have thought there would be little or no tax liability to cause serious problems..

IF, however, Hector is having to chase for the PAYE/NIC being deducted from salaries, and not being remitted,  that is a different matter and would suggest they are having cash flow problems.  Time for more soft loans, me thinks.

There is of course also the possibility that Park is seeking repayment of soft loans he has maybe given already and that is creating the acrimony (if true) between Park and King.

Not forgetting their VAT, I would assume the amount of VAT on their season tickets would be quite considerable. 

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Like every other business they have to submit Real Time Information with the liability paid by the subsequent 22nd day of the month. As already mentioned their  Vat liability due on a quarterly basis will include a hefty amount for season ticket receipts. It is possible it has already been paid depending on their vat period. Surely as they are only temporarily holding those funds on behalf of the government they wouldn,t dip into it would they.🤯

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rumours of their impending demise are much exaggerated, at least at this stage.

Repayment of soft loans? They are in the process of being converted to equity following their general meeting last month. The club will nominally be debt free when that conversion is complete (before Nov/Dec).

Yes, they continue to spend more than they earn, but if they can repeat their run to the EL group stage then it will go a long way to balance the books.  Their revenue would have gone up by around £12m-£14m in the last financial year, from a mix of 7 home sell outs, broadcasting, advertising and prize money. Sure there will be costs associated with that but I suspect that we will find that they borrowed less than they were forecasting at this time last year.  IIRC I think they were forecasting a £4m shortfall last season, but going by the figures being banded about at the time of the share conversion it looks as if they only needed about £400k.

The club is now required to disclose any tax arrears (PAYE,NIC or VAT) to the SFA and would be subject to an immediate transfer embargo and possible issues with their UEFA licence, so I can't see that being the case.

It may take another year before any settlement with SDI is agreed or enforced, so it may appear on the accounts as a contingent liability.

They do have a couple of players that could attract low £million transfer fees that again could fill a shortfall, but that could affect performances on the park.

The biggest risk at the moment would be missing out on the EL group stages, which would force a rethink on spending plans. 

3 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

The Banter Years, so far...

EBT's

Big Tax Case

Wee Tax Case

Craig Whyte, 'wealth off the radar'

Craig Whyte's pound coin

Jelavic, "titles in the bag"

Arsenal Shares sold

67 Ibrox players to sue Rangers

McCoist as manager

The Big Hoose must stay open

Big Hoose guy

Administration

Fans in tears on the news

Jelly and Ice Cream

Liquidation

Walter Smith wishes new club well 

Mark Dingwall on STV News

Mark Dingwall e-mails hospital

More Jelly and Ice Cream

267 Creditors

The "Switcheroo"

Charles Green

Sevco

Club and Company are seperate things

Dallas Cowboys

Martin Bain ringfenced money

Charles Green's Christmas Message

The Blue Knights

Applying for SFA Membership

Applying to the SPL

Applying to SFL1

Starting life in SFL3

Buying history

Debenture seats relinquished

Wee Stevie in IT

The John Brown Speech

Castles and Chateaux 

Googly eyes

Dave King to invest £50m

Dave King to invest "north of £30m"

Dave King to invest £20m

Dave King to invest £8m

Dave King asks fans for money

Where's ra deeds?

Ball stuck in hedge

Tannadice boycott

Sandaza prank call

Craig Houston

The £500,000 Mega Bus

The £500,000 Mega Bus up in flames

Charles Green Deathbed Interview

Same old Alloa, always cheating

Ian Black betting against his own team

3 failed attempts at the Petrofac Cup

Demanding to know

Chris Graham, the 2-Day Director

Ian Black getting halved by Broonie

McCoist on gardening leave

McDowall as manager

McDowall on gardening leave

McCall as manager

Goosebumps

Cammy Bell

Submarine Sunday

Sick of Jelly and Ice Cream now

McCall unemployed

The Gazebo at the AGM

Water piped in from local church, for free

Gangsters in charge

Lionbrand tops

Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley owns the badge

Hibs 3-2 The Rangers

Hampden riot

Lee Wallace is a grass

Warburton next England Manager

Bread wrappers for hats

The gap is closing

Idiots sitting in tanks, radioing requests to the UB

There is no gap

Going for 55

Joey Barton

5-1 at Celtic Park

5-1 at Ibrox

Pitch invasion at Firhill

Martyn Waghorn noised up outside chippy

Warburton dragged out of a press conference

Simunovic putting Miller into orbit

The Invincible Treble!

Jim Traynor

Level 5

Scott Allan, one of their own

Warburton being 'resigned'

Pedro Caixinha

Here to take your title (various)

Pedro's mini-leagues

Salt & Pepper tactics

Barking dogs and caravans

Progres Niederkorn

Arguing with fans in a hedge

Carlos Pena

Dalcio

Craig Whyte walks free

Banning green boots

Graeme Murty

Headstands

Celebrating a draw

McInnes is coming home

Didn't want McInnes anyway

Union Bears moving for home games

Statements

Miller's re-used shirt

Chinese bid for Morelos

Barry Ferguson Bankrupt

Whit's the goalie daein' Tam? 

3-2 at Ibrox with 10 men

Cheering the Scottish Cup draw

Battle fever is on!

Humped 4-0 at Hampden

Captain suspended

Miller sacked

We deserve better

Fans padlock the gates

Dave King says he's skint

Hummel 

Steven Gerrard

Skrtel is coming

Defoe is coming

Let's go!

Easyjet flights, A4 tickets, Economy Class 

Patio furniture at training camp

Golf buggies instead of a coach

Wheelie bins

Morelos for £2m

Orange strip

The Take Over Panel Ruling

Dave King facing jail for Contempt of Court

Sports Direct tanks on the lawn

Socks on the wrong feet

Training tops and no pennant

Mike Ashley's £500,000 legal fees

Paddy Power paying out after 1 game

The Airport Loyal

The Fanzone

Kenny Miller & The Grass suing The Club for £100k

Nacho Novo saying it's 'not fair'

The Double Treble!

George Peat

Shin pads, 1 pair between 2

Stripe-gate

Peaky Blinders are Tims!

Staunch News

Rangers Shareholders and Organised Crime 

Winners of the inaugural "Top-After-14-Games" Cup

Dundee away

Winning the "13th-Time-Lucky Cup"

Andy Halliday in tears

The 'best day' of Andy Halliday's life...

Going "All In"

Andrew Dallas awards 4 (four) penalties at Ibrox

Morelos 3-Game ban

BBC Protest with 18 fans

Andy Halliday going mental at Celtic Park 

Made-up SFA charges

Alex Rae, cheerleader

Joe Worrall & Tart, in a taxi, rent-free...

Rangers to become the dominant force again. Again.

Only one bid for Morelos, of 3m Euro

Trophy Room at Ibrox renamed as 'The Museum'

The Treble Treble!

Smiles are better than trophies

Warburton says "next season" because it's his turn to say it

Crowd-funding to buy Ryan Kent makes £45 in 2 months

Pop-up shop at The Louden Tavern

That's bordering on obsessive mate

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Rumours of their impending demise are much exaggerated, at least at this stage.

Repayment of soft loans? They are in the process of being converted to equity following their general meeting last month. The club will nominally be debt free when that conversion is complete (before Nov/Dec).

Yes, they continue to spend more than they earn, but if they can repeat their run to the EL group stage then it will go a long way to balance the books.  Their revenue would have gone up by around £12m-£14m in the last financial year, from a mix of 7 home sell outs, broadcasting, advertising and prize money. Sure there will be costs associated with that but I suspect that we will find that they borrowed less than they were forecasting at this time last year.  IIRC I think they were forecasting a £4m shortfall last season, but going by the figures being banded about at the time of the share conversion it looks as if they only needed about £400k.

The club is now required to disclose any tax arrears (PAYE,NIC or VAT) to the SFA and would be subject to an immediate transfer embargo and possible issues with their UEFA licence, so I can't see that being the case.

It may take another year before any settlement with SDI is agreed or enforced, so it may appear on the accounts as a contingent liability.

They do have a couple of players that could attract low £million transfer fees that again could fill a shortfall, but that could affect performances on the park.

The biggest risk at the moment would be missing out on the EL group stages, which would force a rethink on spending plans. 

I would think the auditors will insist a provision is included in the accounts.As you say they have sale-able assets which could stem the tide, but might have to sell lower than their own valuation. 

Will they just not sell their unhinged rat Morellos ? Sure they said they would get £30m for him ? 

That would pay everything off

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

F them. Hope they go the way of the club formerly known as Glasgow Rangers. 

Spotted this on Twitter, a happy hun after King told them the new SD deal was all ticketus boo. 😂

ironically, if their vat quarter is March, April and May, if they pay through the bank, the payment would have been due on the 12th july😘

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, john5698 said:

Not forgetting their VAT, I would assume the amount of VAT on their season tickets would be quite considerable. 

20% would be my guess.

On 15/07/2019 at 15:27, reaths17 said:

that's not strictly true. green paid the liquidators £5m for rangers history, then the league buried their heads in the sand as if nothing ludicrous had happened.

I've always suspected the "bought history" was just a sham to cover a fine imposed for all the cost related to the mess old Rangers caused...I mean how preposterous is the idea of buying a club's history and titles. Could Celtic have bought the rights to old co's titles? Would've been a nice fit to complement their own...bonkers.

Tommy Brown
56 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Spotted this on Twitter, a happy hun after King told them the new SD deal was all ticketus boo. 😂

:rofl:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic