The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Club now has five days to appoint an administrator. As soon as they do ten points will deducted. Then creditors will begin to be settled. All football debts take precedence, followed by other creditors (starting with confirmed ones), then HMRC gorge on the leftovers.

10 days here.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/297387-rangers-to-go-into-administration/

ToadKiller Dog

I think you cant play in europe while under an administration ,so unless they came out quickly they wont be in europe next season .

Will be interesting to see the real level of rangers debt , I have my suspicions that it is bigger than suspected .

The Old Tolbooth

Sky Sports still haven't picked up on it, Jim White will have to be led from the studio quivering and shaking when the news breaks :rofl:

post-504-0-78481300-1329146331_thumb.jpg

Howdy Doody Jambo

Even if they go into administration and are deducted 10 points this season , the sad thing about Scottish football is that they will still finish second in the SPL and will be even more aided by match officials , not a lot will change apart from there glory hunting fan-base will drop and Ibrox will go back to getting the 15-20K gates they had in the earlyb 80s

Edited by Old Castle Rock

jamboinglasgow

Has this been confirmed by any media outlets yet?

Can't see it?

BBC Journalists are now saying it has been confirmed by the court of session.

Hilarious, yes, but just think - this guarantees the sight of those rodents Lhennon and Bhrown

at least it will be a somewhat tainted victory, because Rangers will be able to claim that the points-deduction handed it to Celtic.

I'm sure Lennon would prefer to win it outright

Would they be deducted 25 points?

Isn't that what happened to Dundee recently?

Unfortunatly I think it is just 10 points in the SPL mate. SFL have different rules, and basically work on a case by case basis I believe.

Skivingatwork

Unfortunatly I think it is just 10 points in the SPL mate. SFL have different rules, and basically work on a case by case basis I believe.

True - I believe Dundee got 25 as it was their 2nd time

Is it better for them so have gone into administration before the court case concludes? Or is this indicative of them losing?

The Rangers Tax Case has been well ahead of the game on that, and they say no decision is imminent.

It appears RFC have run out of money, quite aside from the tax case.

I think you cant play in europe while under an administration ,so unless they came out quickly they wont be in europe next season .

Will be interesting to see the real level of rangers debt , I have my suspicions that it is bigger than suspected .

Whether they keep their European Licence or not will depend if they can get out of Administration by the summer or not I would think. What does 2nd place get for Europe these days? Is it a CL qualifying place?

huns on huns media recon they have laost the tax case :)

haha <<<<<<<< link

Edited by swavkav

Jim White just announced it on SSN!

State of shock!

The Whyte knight turns out to be a baddy!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

Guest GhostHunter

They squeezed in Daniel Cousin's registration today.

Romanov will crucify them for every penny he can - after he's stopped wetting his pants from laughter.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him pull out all the stops now in the close season.

Francis Albert

at least it will be a somewhat tainted victory, because Rangers will be able to claim that the points-deduction handed it to Celtic.

I'm sure Lennon would prefer to win it outright

You mean like all Rangers' (assuming they lose the tax case) title wins in the last decade are "tainted" by them dodging taxes and getting massive subsidies from the taxpayer? I am sure Lennon won't lose a minutes sleep.

Dean Winchester

Whether they keep their European Licence or not will depend if they can get out of Administration by the summer or not I would think. What does 2nd place get for Europe these days? Is it a CL qualifying place?

CL this season.

jamboinglasgow

The Rangers Tax Case has been well ahead of the game on that, and they say no decision is imminent.

It appears RFC have run out of money, quite aside from the tax case.

I presume that like Dundee and Motherwell, admin will mean they will have effectively sack players. Will be interesting to see who goes, I imagine it will the highest earners first. That will be the big problem for Rangers, Ally will need to try and get a team spirit going like Dundee where they can get wins with a skeleton squad.

Footballfirst

Club now has five days to appoint an administrator. As soon as they do ten points will deducted. Then creditors will begin to be settled. All football debts take precedence, followed by other creditors (starting with confirmed ones), then HMRC gorge on the leftovers.

Wrong - Secured creditors get first dabs (Close, CW and/or Ticketus), then preferred creditors (employees who haven't been paid), then unsecured creditors (everybody else).

There is no football creditors rule in Scotland.

They also cant buy or loan players in whilst in administration.

Good job they just brought in 47 year old Daniel Cousin then :rofl:

Also missing three players through long term injury or sale who have scored more goals between them this season than Hearts have :rofl:

Would they be deducted 25 points?

Isn't that what happened to Dundee recently?

Dundee got 25 points for going into administration for the second time. Gretna got 10 points for it being there first time, so I suspect Rangers will get a 10 point deduction.

Will a club still be able to sign players?

No. The only exception is if a team requires an emergency goalkeeper or if a club is looking to replace a player who has left the club. This means no permanent transfer and no loan signings. Clubs can still sell players. The SPL board has the final say.

This sounds a bit wishy washy to me. So they can't sign players but they can 'replace' players who have left and the final say on these things is down to the SPL?

unsure.gif

ToadKiller Dog

Have to be honest i will be a bit more confident when we settle our outstanding tax bill , would be the perfect time to do right now ,would rub a bit of salt in as a lot of non hearts fans expecting us to follow .

That said cant help but laugh at the Uglies and there Crooked new owner who is going to leave them in the shite .

Wrong - Secured creditors get first dabs (Close, CW and/or Ticketus), then preferred creditors (employees who haven't been paid), then unsecured creditors (everybody else).

Dang, I thought I might have jumped the gun on that. I read about UEFA's football creditors rule the other day but I can't find the article again.

So it is unenforced/unenforceable in Scotland?

Francis Albert

Maybe not. But if the SPL can threaten sanctions for a club paying its employees late, surely it can insist on Rangers meeting its football debts to another member club.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic