The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Nothing in the Football gossip columns today . Is there some pact within the media that this is a discussion no go area. Even the BBC seem to be falling into line.

It's in The Herald, The Scotsman, The Evening Times and on the STV news. 

132goals1958
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I stand corrected.

Footballfirst

The latest court judgement has been published on the Bailii website. 

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Comm/2019/591.html

The document provides an indication of the value of the Elite deal.

In relation to offered right 1, there were thirteen paragraphs:

“In respect of Offered Right 1, we offer to provide to you the following:

1. We shall pay Rangers 20% of all receipts (excluding VAT) from the retail and online sale of kit and other products with a guaranteed minimum payment of £350,000 per annum. Payment shall be quarterly in arrears with the first payment due on 1 November 2018. If the sum due would not otherwise reach the guaranteed minimum with the 4th payment, it shall be increased to reach that minimum.

5. We shall meet the cost of £500,000 of works on a new shop fit for the Rangers Megastore and the cost of developing an enhanced Webstore. All costs on these works will be evidenced to Rangers on an open book basis. Shop fit to be complete within 4 weeks of the commencement of this Agreement with the Webstore to be available for the placing and acceptance of orders by 1 August 2018 or such later date as we agree and pop up stores at Ibrox Stadium also to be open on that date. In the event that our appointment is terminated for reasons other than our contractual breach or insolvency, you shall reimburse to us up to 40% of the costs of the Megastore fit out subject that the amount to be repaid shall not exceed the amount of our spend less £300,000.

9. The RRP for the sale of adult’s retails shirts adopted by us shall be benchmarked against the RRP adopted by Celtic FC.

10. Duration of Contract – 2 years commencing on 1 August 2018. You shall have the ability to terminate the appointment forthwith without penalty or compensation to us if we fail to comply with our contractual obligations (including the sharing of financial information and the timeous payment of sums due to Rangers). We shall agree key performance indicators with you to allow you to assess our delivery of services pursuant to the appointment and implement improvement programmes in respect of any area where you assess our services as deficient. In the event that we consistently satisfy the key performance indicators agreed with you, our appointment will be extended for an additional period of 12 months.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Hopefully the financial compensation is significant. 

I'm surprised by the 20% of sales with a guaranteed minimum at just £350k per annum, although that only covers the first of 3 parts of the deal;

(i) the sale of Rangers branded products and replica kit at the Ibrox Stadium and the Rangers webstore (offered right 1).

The other two parts of the deal, details of which aren't disclosed, covered other aspects the retail operation.

(ii) the sale, distribution and promotion of Rangers branded products other than replica kit (offered right 2); and

(iii) the sale, distribution and promotion of replica kit and official rangers kit (offered right 3).

I'm sure that the April hearing will establish what SDI thought it could earn from the deal had they been allowed to continue (as per the matching rights arrangement)

I see they still use the other arse cheek as their benchmark ... would be funnier if it said for every £5 ...

Edited by Dunks

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I see they still use the other arse cheek as their benchmark ... would be funnier if it said for every £5 ...

?

I think we can all be certain that they won't wish to be seen to be charging less than Celtic.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

They all are grown a pair! At last!

" 9. The RRP for the sale of adult’s retails shirts adopted by us shall be benchmarked against the RRP adopted by Celtic FC."

And that, dear readers, is one of the reasons we call them the Old Firm.

I also do it because it annoys Sellikfootballclub fans more than it seems to the blue erse-cheek.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm surprised by the 20% of sales with a guaranteed minimum at just £350k per annum, although that only covers the first of 3 parts of the deal;

(i) the sale of Rangers branded products and replica kit at the Ibrox Stadium and the Rangers webstore (offered right 1).

The other two parts of the deal, details of which aren't disclosed, covered other aspects the retail operation.

(ii) the sale, distribution and promotion of Rangers branded products other than replica kit (offered right 2); and

(iii) the sale, distribution and promotion of replica kit and official rangers kit (offered right 3).

I'm sure that the April hearing will establish what SDI thought it could earn from the deal had they been allowed to continue (as per the matching rights arrangement)

They could make a set of predictions but could easily see Rangers rebuff that for now and go into further legal arguments against it. 

I wonder if Sports Direct May argue recompense may not be determinable till accounts for the last year are formalised.

kirkierobroy
3 hours ago, Boof said:

I also do it because it annoys Sellikfootballclub fans more than it seems to the blue erse-cheek.

Their cribsheet seems to involve them saying 'Hunz died in 2012 so therrz no Old Firm - up the IRA!'

They'll also claim not really to care much about 'the New Club' while talking about them all the time (see also Sevcoites talking about Sellick all the time). Even Phake Phill McGooliesdropped will, in the midst of his ten blogs a week about Sevco business, will claim, 'Of course, dear reader, I have no real interest in a club that claims to be part of a mythical Old Firm, whatever Mr David Cunningham King says.'

Curses, hopefully involving painful boils, on them both.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well.  Has the evidence been destroyed?

Four former Rangers executives now suing police and Crown over wrongful prosecution

FORMER Rangers commercial director Imran Ahmad who saw charges of fraud conspiracy dropped is suing the chief constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate for £2m over wrongful prosecution.

Police Scotland have confirmed that they have been notified of the court action by Mr Ahmad, who lives in Pakistan.

It brings the number pursuing police and prosecutors over their case to four.

It comes after former Rangers chief executive Charles Green said he was also suing for wrongful arrest after charges were dropped.

The club's former administratiors David Whitehouse and Paul Clark are also making as separate claim.

The Herald revealed in February that Rangers chief executive Charles Green and finance chief Imran Ahmad were to face no further proceedings in connection with the club fraud and conspiracy case as prosecutors say there is "now no evidence of a crime".

The decision by the Crown Office finally marked the end of the two-and-a-half-year long proceedings which saw only Craig Whyte face trial and has led to no convictions.

Mr Whyte, who ended up being the last man standing in the long-running case, was cleared in the summer 2017 of all charges in connection with his takeover of seven years ago.

But the Crown Office had consistently confirmed up till the end of 2017 that matters regarding Mr Green and Mr Ahmad remained under consideration and enquiries were continuing in the wake of Mr Whyte's acquittal.

That is despite the fact that the time limit on fresh charges under 65(1)(b) of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 expired in September, 2016 and legal experts had said it would be very difficult to bring new charges arising from the two buyouts because of the time bar.

Mr Ahmad's lawyer Eric Baijal said: “Following inquiries to our client directly over the last few weeks, we can confirm that Imran Ahmad has initiated legal proceedings against the Chief Constable of Police Scotland and the Lord Advocate in relation to what he argues was a wrongful prosecution brought against him.

"Our client maintains he is entitled to significant damages as a result of the prosecution against him.

"As these proceedings are under way it would be inappropriate for our client to comment further at this time.”

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: "Police Scotland can confirm legal proceedings have been intimated. It would not be appropriate to comment further."

The original 15 charges in the Rangers case had covered fraud and conspiracy surrounding Mr Whyte's purchase of Rangers from Sir David Murray for a pound in 2011 and the buying of the club's liquidated assets for £5.5 million by the Sevco consortium four months after the business fell into administration in February, 2012.

In June, 2016, it emerged that there were to be no further proceedings against David Whitehouse, David Grier and Paul Clark, who worked for Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps and former club secretary Gary Withey, who worked for Whyte's London law firm, Collyer Bristow and advised Mr Whyte during his takeover.

It was confirmed that allegations against Mr Green, 64, and Mr Ahmad, 47, had been dropped, although Crown counsel said they were considering the position in relation to Green and later it emerged it was to both.

Among the dropped charges was an allegation that Mr Green appropriated for his own use and purposes the sum of £5.5 million which he had obtained by fraud and that he purchased the "business and assets of the club through its corporate entity Sevco Scotland Limited with money provided by investors to Sevco 5088 Limited without their knowledge and agreement."

Also dropped were allegations of fraud and a conspiracy to commit serious organised crime over the Sevco purchase of the club's assets for a sum below its true market value depriving the creditors of rightful sums due to them.

Stephen_East

Remember we spent years saying Leeds werent liquidated to wind up the huns? Oh well our mistake. Was a laugh anyway ? 

Always hated leeds.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/liquidators-finally-draw-a-line-under-leeds-united-s-2007-administration-with-less-than-750-000-paid-to-unsecured-creditors-1-9673129

Liquidators appointed after Leeds United entered administration almost 12 years ago have finally dissolved the original company which owned the club - with less than £750,000 paid to unsecured creditors. Leeds United Association Football Club Limited, the firm established when the club were formed in 1920, was formally liquidated last month after KPMG filed its last report with Companies House. Elland Road KPMG oversaw Leeds’ insolvency in 2007 and was given the job of winding up the company which entered administration following the transfer of ownership of United to a new firm, Leeds United 2007 Ltd.

Footballfirst

@DesertDawg Whitehouse and Clark were at the Court of Session today.

It was stated that Whitehouse's team had obtained a Crown Office email which dates from before their arrest/indictment, but the contents allegedly suggest that the Crown knew that there was no evidential basis for the arrest of Whitehouse and Clark. However, just four days later the pair were detained.

It was also revealed in court that Whitehouse has initiated a complaint of criminality against unnamed individuals, in addition to his damages claim. I could probably guess that certain police officers will be be identified in the complaint.

• 3 weeks later...
kirkierobroy

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17574055.dave-king-rangers-are-within-tangible-reach-of-becoming-the-dominant-force-in-scottish-football-again/

On this feller's Herald profile page he describes himself as 'Main Rangers Writer' at The Herald. Effectively a PR post, then.

Succulent lamb definitely back on the menu.

Edited by kirkierobroy
Correcting factual error!

19 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17574055.dave-king-rangers-are-within-tangible-reach-of-becoming-the-dominant-force-in-scottish-football-again/

On this feller's Herald profile page he describes himself as 'Main Rangers Writer' at The Herald. Effectively a PR post, then.

Just what they want to hear

On 27/03/2019 at 16:37, Footballfirst said:

@DesertDawg Whitehouse and Clark were at the Court of Session today.

It was stated that Whitehouse's team had obtained a Crown Office email which dates from before their arrest/indictment, but the contents allegedly suggest that the Crown knew that there was no evidential basis for the arrest of Whitehouse and Clark. However, just four days later the pair were detained.

It was also revealed in court that Whitehouse has initiated a complaint of criminality against unnamed individuals, in addition to his damages claim. I could probably guess that certain police officers will be be identified in the complaint.

Great news. 

132goals1958
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Just what they want to hear

Exactly  -- timed to coincide with season ticket sales. Now if they had expanded the statement  -"within tangible reach" along the lines of " we now have the same financial clout to compete with our cousins across the city, as will be evidenced when we publish our accounts. then the glib and shameless one might be taken seriously. They continue to live in dreamland.

2 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

“Tangible” ... aye ok then. 

Looking forward to seeing it on the presser table. 

The glib and shameless liar has announced that Deidco are set to become the dominant force again in Scotland.  There has always been a number of slavering erses in Scottish football but he stands well above anybody else in talking absolute bollocks. 

Footballfirst

There were two Rangers related cases being heard in court in London today.

SDI v Rangers in the continuing retail rights saga.

...... and perhaps more interestingly

Sevco 5088 v Green & Ahmad

I don't know how they have gone but "John James" was apparently in attendance. He has give a teaser in a tweet:

"Sevco 5088 allegations must be seen to be believed. Please revert to https://johnjamessite.com/; for details. Exclusive."

Sadly, the arch plagiarist has put his court updates in a password protected blog.  He obviously doesn't want to share his insider knowledge.

Edited by Footballfirst

46 minutes ago, Prof said:

The glib and shameless liar has announced that Deidco are set to become the dominant force again in Scotland.  There has always been a number of slavering erses in Scottish football but he stands well above anybody else in talking absolute bollocks. 

I was just thinking that today. 

39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There were two Rangers related cases being heard in court in London today.

SDI v Rangers in the continuing retail rights saga.

...... and perhaps more interestingly

Sevco 5088 v Green & Ahmad

I don't know how they have gone but "John James" was apparently in attendance. He has give a teaser in a tweet:

"Sevco 5088 allegations must be seen to be believed. Please revert to https://johnjamessite.com/; for details. Exclusive."

Sadly, the arch plagiarist has put his court updates in a password protected blog.  He obviously doesn't want to share his insider knowledge.

Had a wee chuckle at that. I stopped reading his diatribes after he moaned his face off about Naismith taking out Broony a while back.  He's never stopped going on about it - weird for a supposed Rangers fan. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Had a wee chuckle at that. I stopped reading his diatribes after he moaned his face off about Naismith taking out Broony a while back.  He's never stopped going on about it - weird for a supposed Rangers fan. 

Thinks he’s a Celtic fan who now says he supports Morton due to the sectarianism of TGFITW. 

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thinks he’s a Celtic fan who now says he supports Morton due to the sectarianism of TGFITW. 

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Yeah I noticed him trotting out the Morton angle. 

I had a go at him about slagging off Naismith for one tackle (on Broony) when Broony had made a career out of crippling tackles inflicted every week about which he had said zilch.  He then banned  me and slagged me off on the website saying if you don't contribute you don't get to have a go - so i went back on and called him a liar saying I'd supported his poxy site since  he went AWOL to his bolt hole (which he knew full well) .  The guy is a liar and a fantasist. 

kirkierobroy
9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He then banned  me and slagged me off on the website saying if you don't contribute you don't get to have a go -

Bit like Phake Phil MacGoollies.

He bans anyone who posts anything other than adoring adulation.

Maybe they are two sides of the same bot.

Footballfirst

There is a report on the "Switcheroo" case in today's Daily Record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/craig-whyte-sevco-firm-wins-14337292

Reading the article, I'm unsure about the current status of Sevco 5088's £5.1m claim.  It seems that Sevco 5088 was granted a default judgement against Green and Ahmad earlier this year.

However, Sevco 5088 also appears to have agreed to have that judgement set aside, but has been awarded legal costs for their involvement.

I am left not knowing if the case has now ended or will be subject to a new trial of the facts now that Ahmad has acknowledged the claim.

Edited by Footballfirst

Meanwhile Sevco are tangibly close to toppling Celtic says Dear Leader King. A pint of what he is on barman.

On 16/04/2019 at 14:23, JackLadd said:

Meanwhile Sevco are tangibly close to toppling Celtic says Dear Leader King. A pint of what he is on barman.

Reading between the lines I suspect that this is just a load of excrement for the purposes of selling season tickets as the Orcs will lap it up and this will fill the rather empty coffers for another few months to keep the lights on at Ibroke.

They may also go down the route of selling the stadium rights name "again" and cal it iBrox. Remember that little carrot from a few seasons ago.

It appears that the saying

"You can fool all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time"

does not apply to The Rangers supporters as Dave King appears to be able to

"Fool all of Ra peepel some of the time and he can also fool all of Ra peepel all of the time"

Not worth starting a thread on this muppet but how's this for a sense of self entitlement?

Gordon Smith claims Rangers could refuse to play at Rugby Park as 'payback' over ticket cut

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-smith-claims-rangers-could-14382751

This clown used to run the game up here, that's as corrupt as it gets.

ToadKiller Dog

Gordon smiths plans  a good one, the Orcs refuse to play walkover for the home side 3pts and a 4-0 win. 

He realky is a fine example of why scottish football has become a backwater. 

4 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Gordon smiths plans  a good one, the Orcs refuse to play walkover for the home side 3pts and a 4-0 win. 

He realky is a fine example of why scottish football has become a backwater. 

Is the this the same Rangers who reduced everybody's allocation, including Celtic, so they could sell more home tickets. The hypocrisy knows no bounds with that filth.

Rupert Custard
On 16/04/2019 at 00:06, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah I noticed him trotting out the Morton angle. 

I had a go at him about slagging off Naismith for one tackle (on Broony) when Broony had made a career out of crippling tackles inflicted every week about which he had said zilch.  He then banned  me and slagged me off on the website saying if you don't contribute you don't get to have a go - so i went back on and called him a liar saying I'd supported his poxy site since  he went AWOL to his bolt hole (which he knew full well) .  The guy is a liar and a fantasist. 

Yup. Comes across as a very mixed up guy. Until you realise that he is indeed a Celtic fan, a liar and a fantasist. Then it all makes sense.

On 15/04/2019 at 18:21, NANOJAMBO said:

Same with me - most of his inside information... etc is absolute bollocks. 

I got him telt a while back about not being down the middle (sit on the fence) as he likes to assert and he couldn’t handle it. It is so obvious that he is a Celtic fan - he absolutely hates Naismith with a passion and loves to portray him as some sort of thug in the mould of Vinnie Jones, but doesn’t say anything when Brown behaves in the same way. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was him who wrote the Celtic statement condemning sectarian chanting against v Aberdeen last Sunday - where Celtic fans were “the real victims” and not Derek McInnes.

I was so hoping this page would be the one they would die again...

However it would be remiss of me if I didn't post this! 

Rush_2112.jpg

11 hours ago, graygo said:

Not worth starting a thread on this muppet but how's this for a sense of self entitlement?

Gordon Smith claims Rangers could refuse to play at Rugby Park as 'payback' over ticket cut

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-smith-claims-rangers-could-14382751

to summarise GS thinks other teams should bend over and do what rangers want no matter what

132goals1958
12 hours ago, graygo said:

I also recall him saying the bigot brothers should receive the bulk of the tickets for cup finals. It realty beggars belief.

3 hours ago, geddy said:

I was so hoping this page would be the one they would die again...

However it would be remiss of me if I didn't post this! 

Rush_2112.jpg

Surely you meant this...

How's it going mate?

upgotheheads

"Rangers might even say 'we won't come and play at Rugby Park any more'. And that would be a big loss financially for Kilmarnock and that would be Rangers paying them back for what they're doing to them."

Eh?. and this guy had an executive roll with the SFA! 

So because they don't get a majority of the tickets despite it being an away game for them, they might not turn up. Good luck with that. GS is a wiggy tool.

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

"Rangers might even say 'we won't come and play at Rugby Park any more'. And that would be a big loss financially for Kilmarnock and that would be Rangers paying them back for what they're doing to them."

Eh?. and this guy had an executive roll with the SFA! 

I'm sure Killie would be happy enough to take the 6 points without having to kick a ball.

Not sure sevco would cope so well with the deduction of points for failing to fulfil their fixtures

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm sure Killie would be happy enough to take the 6 points without having to kick a ball.

Not sure sevco would cope so well with the deduction of points for failing to fulfil their fixtures

An SFA mediator has been brought in to sort things out:

"Well if ye cannae agree about Rugby Park ye'll just have to play it at Ibrox. Yer no gonna play it at Ibrox? OK 3pts. to ra Gers 4-0 win. Job done."

Diadora Van Basten

I have no doubt that Gordon Smith and his ilk used their influence to reinstate Sevco into the league as Rangers.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic