The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

8 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Just want to say a big thank you to FF especially (I know there are others) for all your contributions to this thread. You have done a great job on what the SMSM have omitted to do and kept us all informed of the various shenanigans at Ibrox.

Additionally you have done this in a manner which relied on facts not heresay or supposition even at times when the facts favoured the blue AC.

There are a few great posters on JKB and FF is one of the very best!

:clap::clap::clap:

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

As I said in subsequent posts, TOP only requires that shares be bought if the purchaser(s) will exceed the 50% threshold, between their existing holding(s) and new acceptances.  The threshold ruling only affects parties involved in share purchases who hold 30% to 50% of a company's shares between them.

If the party taking over control of a company has already acquired in excess of 50%, then the offer to buy out other shareholders is unconditional. The best example of that was when Bidco acquired the majority shareholding in HMFC from UBIG/Ukio.  Bidco had to make an offer for all other shares, which was unconditional because Bidco already held 79%.  As in the Rangers case, shareholders were free to accept or reject the offer to buy their shares.

Thanks for your answers ff.  

11 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Just want to say a big thank you to FF especially (I know there are others) for all your contributions to this thread. You have done a great job on what the SMSM have omitted to do and kept us all informed of the various shenanigans at Ibrox.

Additionally you have done this in a manner which relied on facts not heresay or supposition even at times when the facts favoured the blue AC.

I support this post and sentiments as well. 

There’s a new vocation awaiting FF in his retirement. Investigative journalist. Sad thing is though no paper would have the balls to employ him, especially here in Scotland.

12 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Absolutely spot on, FF has done a marvelous job of discovering and presenting the facts of the events at Ibrox, something which our esteemed media should be all over, but for some reason would rather not report, which leaves it up to people like FF to do it.

Yet from time to time we see people come on this thread wanting it closed down or questioning why there is a thread about Rangers in the first place.

It's almost as if they don't want the facts to come to light and be reported, presumably for reasons best known to themselves.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely spot on, FF has done a marvelous job of discovering and presenting the facts of the events at Ibrox, something which our esteemed media should be all over, but for some reason would rather not report, which leaves it up to people like FF to do it.

Yet from time to time we see people come on this thread wanting it closed down or questioning why there is a thread about Rangers in the first place.

It's almost as if they don't want the facts to come to light and be reported, presumably for reasons best known to themselves.

Yup, Cheers FF

Much as I have enjoyed Rangers' stumbles I can't see anything left which will trip them up as much as their implosion back in 2012 .... but here's hoping ?

I hope Dave King is heading for a big fall......... one day! 

Although a lot of folk suggest he is intellectually challenged, he does seem to have an ability to dodge the bullets!

One day ..........

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I hope Dave King is heading for a big fall......... one day! 

Although a lot of folk suggest he is intellectually challenged, he does seem to have an ability to dodge the bullets!

One day ..........

He is fly, no doubt about that.  The financial meltdown around Sevco with continual loans and debt for equity must fail st some point. 

haveyouheard 22
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He is fly, no doubt about that.  The financial meltdown around Sevco with continual loans and debt for equity must fail st some point. 

Maybe.. but they are banking on improving by the Yr, like doing well in Europe and the likes

They have the fan base to get by by the Yr unless they fail miserably in Scotland  they will just live by the day

King himself has said they aint worried by tomorrow, they dont care 

27 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Jam to day for Rangers and for me it will work sadly

what constitutes working, winning the league?

haveyouheard 22
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

what constitutes working, winning the league?

No sure but steady progress and eventually winning the league

Foe the record I hope they suffer big time but realistic enough to know thats unlikely 

46 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

No sure but steady progress and eventually winning the league

Foe the record I hope they suffer big time but realistic enough to know thats unlikely 

. Regarding this season, it could be over by Wednesday in League and Cup and I doubt that means steady progress with the level of monies being spent on the squad. More like a miserable failure.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

?

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

. Regarding this season, it could be over by Wednesday in League and Cup and I doubt that means steady progress with the level of monies being spent on the squad. More like a miserable failure.

They are only 3 points better off than last season at the same point. Despite, as you say, all that spending. 

haveyouheard 22
18 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe not  ideal .. but  if its anything to go  by the h un supporters in my work seem to be reasonably content, for now anyway

This thread been going a while and lots want to see Rangers drowned ( sound) but the reality is they aint going nowhere bad again,  some should just accept the fact rater than have flights of fancy 

7 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Maybe not  ideal .. but  if its anything to go  by the h un supporters in my work seem to be reasonably content, for now anyway

This thread been going a while and lots want to see Rangers drowned ( sound) but the reality is they aint going nowhere bad again,  some should just accept the fact rater than have flights of fancy 

I would say that no one saw it coming last time. They are still losing money and don’t have the Bank of Scotland behind them this time.

haveyouheard 22
7 minutes ago, DVB said:

19 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

I would love nothing more than seeing Rangers get whats for but i think i'm being realistic by also  thinking it wont happen

I also think many did see it coming the last time

That  **** King has no shame and said  he  would spend every penny coming in on personnel ( not a penny of his I may add) and at this stage has done so, will do the same next season

A Europe run was Mana, saved the day, now if they dont qualify next season for the group stage i'm hoping that that might just stop them in there traps

Edited by haveyouheard 22

2 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

The ones you know sound like they have a grasp of reality. - not fooled by fleeting time at the top - and reasonably content now playing for second. Aye?

Edited by Riccarton3

The thing is the whole "concert party thing" was never really about the existence of the new Rangers it was about King... surely their coat is still on just as shoogly a hook as the have always been?  King not having to buy up shares make no difference to the financial state of Newco does it ?

Edited by jock _turd

1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

You prefer "ragin'" to "splenetic" ?

Not overly fussed in fairness. Just always hated Spiers as it's clear as day that he thinks he's better than everyone else.

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hi, I'm Graham Spiers and I love big words.

Wow, a language Luddite in the flesh. The English language is a powerful and rich one - I'd love to see the dumbed- and slimmed-down version of English dictionary that you'd want to see in existence.

I don't like "lampoon", it's too fancy!

All right! I'll remove it!! (rrrip!) Any other words you don't like?!

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Not overly fussed in fairness. Just always hated Spiers as it's clear as day that he thinks he's better than everyone else.

Now that's different. In this case, attack the man, not the language he uses. ;)

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Now that's different. In this case, attack the man, not the language he uses. ;)

Should I just have called him a fud?

Will remember that for the next time he annoys me :). Shouldn't have attacked those innocent words :(

Spiers is an arrogant snob. His language is neither here nor there. He's only happy mixing with club chairmen and board members, preferably OF and has contempt for the ordinary supporter.

And, yes, he's a fud.

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Iv worked with Speirs you would think so from his voice and how he comes across in public but he is actually a very decent bloke was incredibly helpful and indeed patient with myself. 

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iv worked with Speirs you would think so from his voice and how he comes across in public but he is actually a very decent bloke was incredibly helpful and indeed patient with myself. 

Now don't go upsetting those with petty prejudices.. you have been told ... by some who probably have never met the man... he is a jumped up fud, erse or probably "wank" would cover the plethora of diminutives that could be used to describe him . For my part  I have no problems with him other than I hate the sound of anybody from Glasgow who speaks with an affected anglofied accent :) 

Link to tonights game if anyone is bored and fancies it. Lot of crap to get through but it's a good stream.

The newco is 1 up with fatty moreless scoring.

http://vipboxing.net/soccer/iss-4a5226-Rangers-fc-kilmarnock?l=1377836679 Premier Sports Feed via 1XBet

No way ws I starting a new thread for this so stuck it in here.

Edited by graygo

Jabba and Robertson make a huge fuss about anti- sevco bias, shortly before major replay in the Cup. 

Ref quickly denies opponents pen then sends off their keeper controversially. 

Sevco cruise to easy victory. 

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

Put money on a repeat of this in the cup game v sheep. 

50 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Jabba and Robertson make a huge fuss about anti- sevco bias, shortly before major replay in the Cup. 

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

Indeed i feel sorry for Aberdeen the SFA and their referees  will do everything they can to get the mighty rangers to Hampden.

3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Indeed i feel sorry for Aberdeen the SFA and their referees  will do everything they can to get the mighty rangers to Hampden.

Imagine the whole Aberdeen end walked out in protest ... that would be class!

5 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

It's for the best remember, after all we don't want Scotland brought to a standstill by all the civil unrest which is bound to ensue otherwise... ?

5 hours ago, jambovambo said:

Mission accomplished. 

Job done. 

Is that how it works?

It's for the best remember, after all we don't want Scotland brought to a standstill by all the civil unrest which is bound to ensue otherwise... ?

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Rangers announce a profit for the first six months trading this financial year. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47360315

Means absolutely nothing if they aren't turning a profit at the end of the year. 

Talking like almost breaking even is an achievement. 

Sevco are a cancer and they need to die. 

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Means absolutely nothing if they aren't turning a profit at the end of the year. 

Talking like almost breaking even is an achievement. 

Sevco are a cancer and they need to die. 

Rangers have announced a £5.2m overall profit in their unaudited trading results for the six months to December.

Could there be a be a little creative accounting in the first half of the year. Let us see what comes out in the wash at the year end.

14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Rangers have announced a £5.2m overall profit in their unaudited trading results for the six months to December.

Could there be a be a little creative accounting in the first half of the year. Let us see what comes out in the wash at the year end.

I'd put money on them operating at a loss again. 

What was it last year? 17 million? 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'd put money on them operating at a loss again. 

What was it last year? 17 million? 

Will be very surprised if they make inroads into their cumulative losses.

Footballfirst

The half year profit is not unexpected, at least by me. They had six full houses in the Europa League plus the prize money that went with it, which probably earned then something in excess £12m from that source alone.  Had they gone out in a qualifying round, the picture would have looked pretty bleak.

Their costs however have rocketed along with their increased revenue.  I would still anticipate a full year loss come the end of June, as there is little opportunity to match the revenue of the first half.

The club has forecast being close to break even on an EBITDA basis at year end.

Even if they achieve that, then amortisation in particular will see them report a substantial loss at year end.  The amortisation figure from the last full year was £7.4m, so could be indicative of the quantum of the final loss.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic