The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

If they don't win the league this season (only the slimmest of chances) they will be totally crippled.

This is a real "all or nothing" last roll.

I hope so, I really hope so.

It's just that we've been hoping for this for years, fed by fibs from the likes of Phil Mac Plastic and yet they keep blundering on like indestructible zombies. And I mean zombies in some crappy neverending US drama, not the classier 60s Hammer Films ones.

slightly O/t but didn't want to start a new thread about it :-

Sky sports asks Slippy what if a 8 figure bid comes in for  morelos?  "What 1 million "the scouse genius replies

10 hours ago, brownkg said:

Sky sports asks Slippy what if a 8 figure bid comes in for  morelos?  "What 1 million "the scouse genius replies

I see that they are desperately planting stories in the compliant press again today. "We won't sell Morelos or Tavernier on the cheap".  A real stuck record. No fantastic bids? They'll be getting desperate.

Edited by Deevers

My half sister

A Rangers fan told me yesterday that some English club had bid 10m for Tavernier. He was being serious.

Right O

Should the thread title not have been updated to "THE STEVEN GERRARD RANGERS SOAP OPERA GOES ON AND ON."?

4 hours ago, My half sister said:

A Rangers fan told me yesterday that some English club had bid 10m for Tavernier. He was being serious.

Right O

I read on Sky Sports transfer centre that Rangers wanted £8m for Tavernier.

My guess is they are repeating a Daily Record article such as Barry what’s his name to red bull for £6m or Morales to China for £11m. 

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

It’s really disappointing that people with more money than they know what to do with still want to avoid paying tax.

I'm assuming nothing will come of the pitch invasion in Sunday? I suppose precedence was set at the Scottish Cup Final; run on the pitch, have a pagger, go home. Nothing to see here people, all in your imagination!!

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

I'm assuming nothing will come of the pitch invasion in Sunday? I suppose precedence was set at the Scottish Cup Final; run on the pitch, have a pagger, go home. Nothing to see here people, all in your imagination!!

Probably Livingston that get a fine and points deduction 

Cairneyhill Jambo
9 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Nothing happened when they did it at Tynecastle so i doubt anything will happen this time.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cheeky unsettling ***** offering dundee 50k for kamara. 

Sevco having a laugh.

itsnomarooned
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:33, Lovecraft said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3279117/rangers-share-issue-takeover-panel-complete-dave-king/

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/share-information/

Rangers has an issued share capital of 144,625,338 ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the capital of the Company (“Ordinary Shares”).

Major Shareholding (3% or above):

The Company understands that its major shareholders are as follows:

Shareholder No of Ordinary Shares held % of issued share capital
New Oasis Asset Limited 21,068,594 14.57%
Club 1872 Shares CIC 13,372,254 9.50%
George Alexander Taylor 13,445,768 9.30%
Borita Investments Limited 11,132,500 7.70%
Douglas Park 8,875,094 6.14%
Barry Scott 8,645,000 5.98%
New Trace Limited 7,500,000 5.19%
George Letham 5,856,701 4.05%
John Bennett 5,300,000 3.66%
Alexander Easdale 5,256,110 3.63%

The Ordinary Shares are freely transferable. No Ordinary Shares are held in treasury.

Currently 8,500,000 of the Company’s Ordinary Shares (c. 10.4%) are subject to restrictions affecting the right to vote the affected shares, the right to receive payments or distributions in respect of the affected shares and the right to transfer the affected shares. The affected shares are those identified in the attached Shareholder Information.

Director shareholding interests are as follows:

• Dave King has advised that he, his wife and children are  interested in all of the shares held by New Oasis Asset Limited (see above for details of that company’s holding)
  • John Bennett holds 5,300,000 ordinary shares
  • Douglas Park holds 8,875,094 ordinary shares
  • Barry Scott holds 8,645,000 ordinary shares

His wife and children? I wonder if they're aware of that!!

I must have been really bored today with nothing much else to do when I had a look at this thread well, with posts going into the thousands I thought what is the interest here? I'm still wondering, it's Rangers? why such interest? this is a Hearts site, who cares about them. It seems to me to be a bit like passing motorists rubber-necking at a multi-car pile up on the opposite side of the motorway.

15 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

I must have been really bored today with nothing much else to do when I had a look at this thread well, with posts going into the thousands I thought what is the interest here? I'm still wondering, it's Rangers? why such interest? this is a Hearts site, who cares about them. It seems to me to be a bit like passing motorists rubber-necking at a multi-car pile up on the opposite side of the motorway.

The Terrace. 

For discussion of HMFC and football in general. 

If it was any other Scottish club there would also be a thread on them, it just so happens it's one of the uglies and it's bloody glorious when I hear bad news about them, I'd be exactly the same if it was the other arse cheek of Glasgow, the hobos or even the sheep. 

Screenshot_20190130-115351.png

There are so many more interests to be had which are so much more interesting than Rangers eg cutting your toenails, going shopping with your wife, birdwatching, trainspotting, and on and on and on and on and...........................

2 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

There are so many more interests to be had which are so much more interesting than Rangers eg cutting your toenails, going shopping with your wife, birdwatching, trainspotting, and on and on and on and on and...........................

We're quite happy documenting how corrupt the team you support is thanks  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Then go and do any of those things and avoid this thread.

1 hour ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

They've got a thread on FF slaughtering JKB....

Do they make reference to the vast numbers of words they don't understand on this site?

On 28/01/2019 at 00:25, brownkg said:

Scouse footballers every wealth fund managers golden ticket ?

1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

Had a laugh reading Kila's post on my way down to Tynie to get my ticket  to watch Uche destroy Auchinleck

Every post of yours slagging the team, the manager, and now jkb itself. I suggest you might be better off on another teams forum 

2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

:greatpost:

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

In this multi-car pile up you speak of. Are Newco in it? I'd rubber neck that.

After that pitch invasion, imagine what they will be like when they win their first major trophy. 

Edited by Paolo

alwaysthereinspirit
32 minutes ago, Paolo said:

After that pitch invasion, imagine what they will be like when they win their first major trophy. 

Hopefully we never find out.

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

What's the pitch invasion chat?

What've I missed?

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's the pitch invasion chat?

What've I missed?

Livingston on Sunday after 3rd goal

IMG_20190130_190208.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

PeterintheRain
53 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hopefully we never find out.

I'd have been perfectly happy to have found out in May 2016.  

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

I'd have been perfectly happy to have found out in May 2016.  

Well that's in the past. And the other team will most likely never reach one again. Hopefully.

27 minutes ago, Boof said:

?

Arseholes.

I did mock.  To be fair, though, that is a good result for a new club, against an established one. 

On 25/01/2019 at 18:03, DesertDawg said:

And today's Herald.....

A KEY Rangers board member has warned that the club cannot continue to run on  loans indefinitely - as chairman Dave King made a court-ordered £8m offer to buy out most of the shareholders.

John Bennett, chairman of the club's independent directors, made the comments while advising shareholders over the pros and cons of taking part in the offer.

When the club announced pre-tax losses had more than doubled for a second consecutive year to £14.3million last year, the board said Mr King's New Oasis Asset Limited would provide additional loans as necessary.

The board said in October that the latest forecasts indicate at least £4.6m was required for the rest of this season and a further £3m was needed for 2019/20.

However, the independent auditor from Campbell Dallas accepted a failure to secure the additional funds would result "in the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt as to the group's ability to continue as a going concern".

Mr Bennett in written advice on the financial prospects of the club over Mr King's offer said: "Rangers International Football Club plc is loss making and is supported by loans from the directors and other key shareholders. This cannot continue indefinitely."

He said financial support was partly addressed by September's £12m share issue and there would be two further share issues.

But he added: "Going forward it will become necessary to resolve the flow of losses incurred by the company. The independent Directors believe this is achievable subject to the two share issues proceeding as planned."

An ex-employee of Campbell Dallas told me that Rangers will only accept a Rangers fan as partner on the job - LOL

11 hours ago, Spellczech said:

An ex-employee of Campbell Dallas told me that Rangers will only accept a Rangers fan as partner on the job - LOL

Not really surprising.

They need someone who they can encourage to give a more positive outlook when reports are due.

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

@Footballfirst any updates on the shares purchase and what’s the next step/deadlines? 

Thanks in advance. 

Probably nothing before next Friday.

The offer closes at 1pm on 15 February.

Laird (King) is required to make an announcement of the number of acceptances by 8am on the next business day (Monday 18 February).

If there are enough acceptances to take the Concert Party over the 50% threshold (needs acceptances for just over 23m shares), then the offer will be declared unconditional. In that event the offer will remain open for a further 14 days for further acceptances.

Should there not be enough acceptances, then the offer will close and that will be that.

It is possible, but highly unlikely, that Laird could declare the offer unconditional before the closing date if they already have enough acceptances before then, but that would not align with King's M.O. of doing everything at the last minute.

I suspect that there will be insufficient acceptances to reach the 50% threshold and that the offer will lapse with no further requirement placed on King.

King has already incurred significant legal costs throughout this saga (maybe as much as £1m), and the offer document indicates that actually making the offer will cost him a further £606k. RIFC will also incur costs of £52k, mainly for legal advice. 

54 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Laird (King) is required to make an announcement of the number of acceptances by 8am on the next business day (Monday 18 February).

If there are enough acceptances to take the Concert Party over the 50% threshold (needs acceptances for just over 23m shares), then the offer will be declared unconditional. In that event the offer will remain open for a further 14 days for further acceptances.

Should there not be enough acceptances, then the offer will close and that will be that.

It is possible, but highly unlikely, that Laird could declare the offer unconditional before the closing date if they already have enough acceptances before then, but that would not align with King's M.O. of doing everything at the last minute.

I suspect that there will be insufficient acceptances to reach the 50% threshold and that the offer will lapse with no further requirement placed on King.

King has already incurred significant legal costs throughout this saga (maybe as much as £1m), and the offer document indicates that actually making the offer will cost him a further £606k. RIFC will also incur costs of £52k, mainly for legal advice. 

Good so even a failed effort cost them cash.

So they issue new shares to there pals that wont accept. Ban "criminals' from accepting the offer. And fall below the 50%... good game King

In the opinion of Football First and the more learned contributors do Rangers meet the Financial Fair play regulations? I suspect they don't (I know it's hard to believe) and wonder if FIFA may act where the SFA choose to hide their heads in the sand?

Brick Tamland
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for the update

• Maple Leaf locked this topic