The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Sounds double dutch to me can someone enlighten me is this more bad news for The Rangers and The Lying King 

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Sounds double dutch to me can someone enlighten me is this more bad news for The Rangers and The Lying King 

It doesn't impact on the Newco. The story comes from BDO's latest Report to Creditors for the Oldco.

Henderson & Jones is a company that litigates on behalf of insolvent companies (Wavetower/TRFCG) where they believe that is scope for success.

The basis of the claim is that Wavetower paid off RFC's debt to Lloyds at the time of Whyte's takeover in 2011.  What it doesn't consider is that Wavetower borrowed £16m from RFC (the Ticketus money).

However, Wavetower does hold a security over RFC assets, so has an argument that they should receive preferential treatment over the unsecured creditors, if it is agreed that there is a real debt attached to the security.

It is alleged that Craig Whyte has an agreement to receive one third of any sums obtained.

Edited by Footballfirst

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/12/2018 at 16:16, Footballfirst said:

King's undertaking to the Court of Session has been published on the Rangers website.

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2018/12/20181130-King-Undertaking.pdf

He should have appointed someone to confirm the cash is there by 14th December, but I don’t recal seeing that.

He has to make his offer public by 11th Jan - this coming Friday - so it’ll be interesting to see what if anything King has put in place....

26 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

He should have appointed someone to confirm the cash is there by 14th December, but I don’t recal seeing that.

He has to make his offer public by 11th Jan - this coming Friday - so it’ll be interesting to see what if anything King has put in place....

I think this may well be his strategy.

22 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I think this may well be his strategy.

I’ve no doubt you’re right, that’s all he seems to have done so far.

But this time he gave an undertaking in court, to achieve certain things by certain dates, so failing to do that has the potential to drop him in the clart.

??

12 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

So, has the Lying King stumped up the cash? 

He should have had everything in place by 17:30 this afternoon, going by the published document....

....but I’ll not be betting on his having complied with that, even though his lawyers agreed it with the Court

88DA0705-6DF8-468E-9984-AE7D53FCFDF4.png

2 hours ago, The Gasman said:

He should have had everything in place by 17:30 this afternoon, going by the published document....

....but I’ll not be betting on his having complied with that, even though his lawyers agreed it with the Court

88DA0705-6DF8-468E-9984-AE7D53FCFDF4.png

I have given up any hope of anything coming down against this guy. The courts seem, to me at least, totally toothless and are merely going through the motions at the end of the day King is just pishing himself laughing at the whole circus. The courts make a demand and King says aye whatever and carries on ignoring them.

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I have given up any hope of anything coming down against this guy. The courts seem, to me at least, totally toothless and are merely going through the motions at the end of the day King is just pishing himself laughing at the whole circus. The courts make a demand and King says aye whatever and carries on ignoring them.

I get what your saying, and King probably thinks the same....thankfully this isn’t the SFA we’re dealing with here, this won’t wont get brushed under the carpet and I can’t wait.

Its been a long time coming but many laughs will be forthcoming soon ?

6 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I get what your saying, and King probably thinks the same....thankfully this isn’t the SFA we’re dealing with here, this won’t wont get brushed under the carpet and I can’t wait.

I really hope you are right that lot give me the boak even more than Celtic do these days!

12 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I very hope so, but all the prediction of this shower's demise have come to nothing. I now rather despair, of Scottish football in general.

Whilst the deadline has passed it’ll sometime this week that the ramifications become clear.

Guess formally pressing for contempt of court could be the first stage. 

11 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Whilst the deadline has passed it’ll sometime this week that the ramifications become clear.

Guess formally pressing for contempt of court could be the first stage. 

While that deadline has past, there are another two still to come, and I suspect that the Court may wait to see what happens then before acting.

”4. To ensure that Laird makes an offer for Rangers in full compliance with the Code by no later than 17:30GMT on 25 January 2019, being the date that is eight weeks from the date of this undertaking.

5. To appoint a legal advisor by 17:30GMT on 14 December 2018 to undertake all such matters as are required to ensure that the documentation complies with the Code and to liaise with the Panel in relation thereto.”

I can’t see the Court bothering too much if he was a day late (as an example) confirming an appointment, but if the offer is not made in full by a week on Friday (as his lawyers agreed with the Court) then I think he’ll find himself in real trouble.

Edited by The Gasman

Calebs Grandad
21 minutes ago, The Gasman said:

While that deadline has past, there are another two still to come, and I suspect that the Court may wait to see what happens then before acting.

”4. To ensure that Laird makes an offer for Rangers in full compliance with the Code by no later than 17:30GMT on 25 January 2019, being the date that is eight weeks from the date of this undertaking.

5. To appoint a legal advisor by 17:30GMT on 14 December 2018 to undertake all such matters as are required to ensure that the documentation complies with the Code and to liaise with the Panel in relation thereto.”

I can’t see the Court bothering too much if he was a day late (as an example) confirming an appointment, but if the offer is not made in full by a week on Friday (as his lawyers agreed with the Court) then I think he’ll find himself in real trouble.

Biggest surprise is that neither the SFA or SPFL gave started a crowdfunding appeal to help them out.

Was reading that Defoe is on £130k per week at Bournemouth and The Rangers are paying 50% . An incredible £65k per week for 18 months !!!! 

Tick tick indeed . 

9 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Was reading that Defoe is on £130k per week at Bournemouth and The Rangers are paying 50% . An incredible £65k per week for 18 months !!!! 

Tick tick indeed . 

I find both of those numbers incredible.

I find it hard to believe Bournemouth pay anyone £130k per week, even Callum Wilson whose career is ahead of him,  and the idea that Celtic pay anyone £65k per week, far less Rangers, seems fanciful at best.

Wasn’t in a West Coast rag trying to make Rangers out to be serious players by any chance was it? ?

Edited by Pistol1874

Much as I’d love to believe the Defoe wage story -I find it hard to believe that they’d pay him £3.3M per year. 

35 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I find it hard to believe Bournemouth pay anyone £130k per week, even Callum Wilson whose career is ahead of him,  and the idea that Celtic pay anyone £65k per week, far less Rangers, seems fanciful at best.

Wasn’t in a West Coast rag trying to make Rangers out to be serious players by any chance was it? ?

Who needs to worry about Fake News on Facebook etc., all you need to do to find plenty, is read the West Coast Fake News .org

Edited by colinmaroon

39 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Defoe signed on a  free transfer so he will be on big money for sure. How much Sevco are paying for his wages remains to be seen but I doubt it's much.  There is no way Sevco can afford Defoe's wages never mind for 18 months. 

Thought it was pretty well reported that Defoe was on that sort of money. 

Dont believe that rangers are paying 50 % though. 

A rangers friend of mine said it was 10% (still 13k a week right enough) which is probably not far off being true

13 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

A story from the Rangers PR team at the Daily Record. 

Correct.

I’d guess his Bournemouth salary is hugely exaggerated and Rangers will be paying maximum £15k a week for his services.

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Correct.

I’d guess his Bournemouth salary is hugely exaggerated and Rangers will be paying maximum £15k a week for his services.

I know there's very little the SPFL or the SFA would do, but if a member club is posting a £14 million loss, and have a history of financial misconduct, surely a phone call should be taking place to ask some questions.

Article in The Times this morning saying der Huns are have agreed to pay £65,000 a week for the rest of the season on Defoe.

Bournemouth will still be paying the other half of his £130,000 a week salary.

8FBCE1C0-9D1C-412E-ADBE-CD350D261B9D.jpeg.1bbc30301d0bea85271cf4a9cdccf5a7.jpeg

Whether Defoe is on £130k or £65k a week, Rangers will be paying out a lot of money, money which will only add to their loses.

Shows just how desperate they are to stop Celtic.

Tick tock indeed.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

All or nothing to stop Celtic maybe?

I don't think anyone can doubt that's their (unbelievably risky) strategy.  

38 minutes ago, jambosdad said:

Ryan Fraser is on £1k a week and playing every game for Bournemouth.  Surely that is wrong.

Absolutely its wrong, agents have an EPL players salary starting at no less than 10k a week, and thats just young lads who are just breaking through.

Looking back, did the SFA ever make a public statement about the liquidated club'x use of EBTs after the final judgement was made on them?  Along the lines of a general warning to clubs to seek advice from the association if there any doubts over the legality of their activities., using Rangers as an example.

Edited by Riccarton3

Blackford Hearts

Interesting to see that after an apparently dubious call off of their Scottish Cup game on Friday night  Sevco fly out to play in Helsinki for a pre-arranged friendly match today

Cairneyhill Jambo
20 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Interesting to see that after an apparently dubious call off of their Scottish Cup game on Friday night  Sevco fly out to play in Helsinki for a pre-arranged friendly match today

It was at Ibrox. 

22 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

1 minute ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It was at Ibrox. 

It was Rangers who queried the pitch and asked for an early inspection.

Though to be fair they might have been correct. 

Blackford Hearts
13 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It was at Ibrox. 

Conspiracy over! I read it was part of the Morelos deal so assumed it was over there. Must be splitting / giving Helsinki the gate money and getting the Sevco fans to pay the transfer fee

Clearly they have some unknown source of income. All of the predictions about their demise have come to nothing and, anyway, nobody in the law or Scottish football, including the chairpeople of the other clubs, are willing to call them out.

They are the monster we all hate, the monster that shouldn't exist, but it JUST... WON'T... DIE...

32 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Clearly they have some unknown source of income. All of the predictions about their demise have come to nothing and, anyway, nobody in the law or Scottish football, including the chairpeople of the other clubs, are willing to call them out.

They are the monster we all hate, the monster that shouldn't exist, but it JUST... WON'T... DIE...

to be fair, it did, in 2012, unable to fulfill its fixtures.When you arrive at that point, it's over.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

They lost £14 million last year. They are just overspending to catch Celtic 

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They lost £14 million last year. They are just overspending to catch Celtic 

I hope that dream lives for another season and a half and then BOOM!!!

Once Gerrard leaves they'll implode.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I hope that dream lives for another season and a half and then BOOM!!!

Once Gerrard leaves they'll implode.

I will laugh if the tims win it (not that I want to see them win it either) just to hasten the implosion.  

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I will laugh if the tims win it (not that I want to see them win it either) just to hasten the implosion.  

Obviously. Us, or another team (not #ibs) then Celtic. In that order. **** Newco.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A case of every cloud having a silver lining. The contempt of court saga still rolls on whilst the allegation from the glib one that members of organised crime have bought into the club seems to have gone a bit quit.

3 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Or perhaps they will ‘surrender’?!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic