The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Eh...? :blink:

That doesn't make sense, as the SPL vote is on the 4th, and only after that result is know will the SFL even decide on a date for any vote for 1st/3rd Division... :unsure:

EDIT: Sorry Martin, I wasn't doubting you, just the sense (or lack of it) if what you'd been told. :thumb:

It's on the Twitter feed of Journalist and St Mirren fan Graeme McPherson chief.

I don't think we should take the July 4th SPL vote for granted.....yet.

ToadKiller Dog

Pie and Bovril is suggesting on twitter that the clubs have been threatened by their commerical partners that unless Rangers are in the SPL (or at least the first division) they will pull out. That is shocking by these companies and in a way they need to see what a PR disaster for them it is if they do this, they are wanting to let a cheat into the top league and rig the competition.

Is there a list of these commercial partners , they need to be questioned on this .

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pie and Bovril is suggesting on twitter that the clubs have been threatened by their commerical partners that unless Rangers are in the SPL (or at least the first division) they will pull out. That is shocking by these companies and in a way they need to see what a PR disaster for them it is if they do this, they are wanting to let a cheat into the top league and rig the competition.

Rumour mill tastic!

Consumers will find it much easier to boycott brands rather than their clubs.

jamboinglasgow

Which clubs, and which companies..? :unsure:

Unfortunately doesn't say apart from hinting Sky and ESPN, also says a few clubs face insolvency events if this threat proves true, thus some clubs may have to do the unthinkable and do a u-turn or if they are undeclared vote no.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

scott_jambo

I would love it if the diddy clubs turned their back on the no vote and ended up voting Rangers in.

It would categorically sound the death knell of the game. I don't think even the Rangers fans want that, bar the glory hunters. I think it would lead to a real revolution.

jamboinglasgow

Pie and Bovril ?@pieandbov

Seems that the commercial partners are putting the squeeze on the SPL big time. Will be some squeeky bums in the room on Wednesday !

If SFL clubs don't welcome Sevco with open arms then still a chance that some SPL clubs could do the unthinkable on Wednesday.

A few SPL clubs could face insolvency events if Sevco have to apply to div 3 & commercial partners carry out their threats.

Time for chairmen to hold their nerve but still think SPL 2 is the most likely fudge here as SFL clubs won't be bullied.

If SKY/ESPN are muttering about terminating or savaging deals then certain SPL clubs could be voting to put themselves into administration.

For me that is a risk they will have to take. The game needs a fresh start not a fudge to help it continue in it's current state.

I believe information will start to appear in the MSM over next couple of days about these commercial pressures.

Will suit the SPL suits to have a strategic leak of information before Wednesdays meeting I would think.

Everyone says "cut cloth" but difficult to cut it now with players already contracted for this season based on the money being there !

Just a thought, the guy who runs pie and bovril is a St Mirren fan so he probably got his info from this evenings meeting.

St Mirren held a meeting with their shareholders tonight at which it was suggested they may have to re-think their 'no' vote if Sevco aren't parachuted into division one.

St Mirren going out of business after Rangers not getting in the SPL or punted down to Div 3 is just a bonus.

tartofmidlothian

Or was c.o. A spy for rangers.... Murray had access to all the other clubs banking/loans details and could apply a squeeze when needed. When Vlad came to Hearts Murrays knowledge of one of his biggest competitors vanished. Conspiracy theory number 35499.

Aside from the fact Ogilvie was employed while Vlad was in charge...

Seems that the commercial partners are putting the squeeze on the SPL big time. Will be some squeeky bums in the room on Wednesday !

If SFL clubs don't welcome Sevco with open arms then still a chance that some SPL clubs could do the unthinkable on Wednesday.

A few SPL clubs could face insolvency events if Sevco have to apply to div 3 & commercial partners carry out their threats.

Time for chairmen to hold their nerve but still think SPL 2 is the most likely fudge here as SFL clubs won't be bullied.

If SKY/ESPN are muttering about terminating or savaging deals then certain SPL clubs could be voting to put themselves into administration.

For me that is a risk they will have to take. The game needs a fresh start not a fudge to help it continue in it's current state.

I believe information will start to appear in the MSM over next couple of days about these commercial pressures.

Will suit the SPL suits to have a strategic leak of information before Wednesdays meeting I would think.

Everyone says "cut cloth" but difficult to cut it now with players already contracted for this season based on the money being there !

Just a thought, the guy who runs pie and bovril is a St Mirren fan so he probably got his info from this evenings meeting.

It sounds like somebody has had a word with them/him.

I must have missed something - who or what is Metro Bank and what do they have to do with this?

When CG started to deduct ST money for the coming season (in some cases , from fans who had already cancelled ) he wanted ?2.6 million in advance from the company doing the direct debit collections - Fastpay. Fastpay tried to get this cash from major UK banks but was refused by all of those approached (RBS was quoted in the press). Hence Metrobank are putting up the money. i think.:huh:

Unfortunately doesn't say apart from hinting Sky and ESPN, also says a few clubs face insolvency events if this threat proves true, thus some clubs may have to do the unthinkable and do a u-turn or if they are undeclared vote no.

This will have all come from the St Mirren meeting tonight, Pie and Bovril is owned and run by St Mirren fans. The July 4th SPL vote is not a gimme IMHO.

jamboinglasgow

It sounds like somebody has had a word with them/him.

To be fair to him he does say afterwards:

If someone said TV money would go in a year then clubs would have a chance to deal with it. If it disappears overnight we have major issue

Personally, and my own club might well be affected, if it means a few go into admin then so be it in my opinion. Stick to the guns !

I don't think SKY will walk away but they could savage the contract and end up paying a pittance unless there is some competition for rights

tartofmidlothian

As ever, having been offline for a few hours, twists and turns stil happening in this story. went for a wee visit to the Bank Website. Wow just WOW

Is this why MetroBank

Er, why is this strange? Not a bad idea if you want to promote your kids accounts, surely.

ToadKiller Dog

The frighteners were always going to be put out big time before the July meet . Any chairman changing his vote will be commuting hari Kari .

tartofmidlothian

I must have missed something - who or what is Metro Bank and what do they have to do with this?

Newco's banking providers, apparently.

portobellojambo1

You just have to wonder who is doing the hinting, and why, but at a guess I would reckon the source or sources are the same people who have been telling us these little stories since day one.

Daily Record running a story tomorrow that at least 3 chairman are in secret talks about allowing Sevco directly back into the SPL.

If , if , if , if.........

So it's a load of bollox then ? Pure speculation.

Harry Palmer

Daily Record running a story tomorrow that at least 3 chairman are in secret talks about allowing Sevco directly back into the SPL.

:lol:

Desperate stuff. Expect it to be ramped up over the next couple of days.

ToadKiller Dog

Secret talks with who they need to convince the other SPL clubs do they not . More daily ****** ratcheting up the fear and miss information .

monkfish1979
I would love it if the diddy clubs turned their back on the no vote and ended up voting Rangers in.

It would categorically sound the death knell of the game. I don't think even the Rangers fans want that, bar the glory hunters. I think it would lead to a real revolution.

Damn straight it would. I actually don't think I'd be able to bring myself to give a single **** about a "competition" that would advocate such blatant dishonesty. I'll be off to watch the East of Scotland league. I very much doubt that I'd be alone.

These moronic drones like Traynor and Keevins are so fixated on extolling the virtues of a strong old firm that they're missing the only definite in this whole sorry saga - that allowing any new team into the senior game on any terms other than those imposed upon any other club pisses all over the very core principles of the game.

Football is a product, that's an undeniable fact, but if we've reached a point where clubs are willing to ignore their own fans in order to secure revenue from rivals who stay strong by cheating then the game is done. It's a disgusting, ugly example of what happens when the producer becomes arrogant enough to see itself as being more important than the consumer.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

North Berwick Jambo

Wow it looks like the weegia are in full flight this week & for the first time in many months some are actually falling for it. It is time for everyone to stop doubting what should happen, its just a matter of time my friends B)

Denny Crane

They need more than three. An eight to four verdict in their favour is what they need. Three plus themselves is not enough.

Jam Tarts 1874

Probably Murray, Lawell and a.n. other.

tartofmidlothian

Guesses? Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren...

Or the wee chairmen in Traynor's head, maybe.

Denny Crane

Aside from the fact Ogilvie was employed while Vlad was in charge...

Was noticeable that Romanov's mafia rants began not long after Ogilvie arrived. Makes you wonder what Campbell told him with regard to how Rangers operated?

Guesses? Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren...

Or the wee chairmen in Traynor's head, maybe.

Most probably, I don't think anyone should take the July 4th vote for granted though.

tartofmidlothian

Most probably, I don't think anyone should take the July 4th vote for granted though.

You're right, of course. But anyone declaring no and voting yes might as well resign right after.

livingstonjambo

Im not sure about that, if any chairmen that have publicly stated they will vote 'NO' but turn round and vote yes they should just switch out the clubs lights. A betrayal by the chairmen to the fans will never be forgiven and the clubs will only be surviving on borrowed time with tv money instead of their fans. Crazy business plan if the go for it

Thig Ar Latha

Look forward to EuFA getting involved if vote goes in Newco's favour. SFA will be forced to take action.

The Civil war in the SPL next season should be interesting as well.

brunoatemyhamster

Yep .Followed by Wednesdays headline " billionaire Craig whyte buys Rangers" Thursdays " White night warchest" and Fridays " Jim Traynor wins best journalist in the universe"

Ive just asked myself " Is the DR full of shite on a regular basis?" so tommorow im EXCLUSIVELY REVEALING.............

"SURVEY SHOWS 100% OF PEOPLE THINK THE RECORD IS FULL OF SHITE"

Its a fact! Survey says so !

Francis Albert

Since 7 out of 12 have said No, you can only assume the secret 3 are among the other 5. Uphill task I think.

Who are these seccret talks with?

And if they are secret how does the Record know about them?

What a pile of crap the Record is.

Edited by Francis Albert

Harry Palmer

Seeing as the Tache was linked to that shitey document sent out the other day and there's been no denial, I'm going to go straight to the conclusion that the Rats across town are one of them.

Might be bullshite but just means I can hate them more. :thumbsup:

(Also, no idea if mentioned but the vice-chairman of Motherwell and guy on the SPL Board left both positions today. Probably not important but what the hell.)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Daily Record in full-on propaganda mode. There's no going back for them - either Rangers survive as a big club and their fans continue to buy the paper or Rangers go under and The Record's finished. Geronimo's last stand stuff now.

If Rangers get back into the SPL (I still maintain it's not gonna happen) then Scotland will be a nice wee test case for countries with huge TV deals - what would a league look like that had commercial partners but no fans? Because if it does go ahead expect to see some SPL crowds in three figures, and clubs like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will hit the 3000s, their lowest crowds for decades.

Also - drama queen alert but it's a little something I can do :lol: - I'm tweeting BBC Sportsound to say I won't be listening again until Traynor is gone. Given the blatantly biased, dishonest stance from The Daily Record, his continued employment by our public broadcaster is outrageous.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Francis Albert

I for one will.

Given the public statements (7 against, one (presumed) for) any other outcome would , to borrrow a phrase, result in meltdown.

Edited by Francis Albert

livingstonjambo

Also for what its worth, I would be ?10 that the 3 chairmen are Green, Lawwell and MJ. Desperados trying to keep the status quo, they can GTF

The Rangers appear to be getting pretty desperate. I'm assuming the Daily Record won't actually tell us which clubs are allegedly plotting to allow Rangers back in, given that Traynor or one of his lackeys made up the story this afternoon. Similarly, no named companies saying they'll withdraw, again, because it's made up.

I'm also unconvinced by the SPL2 stuuf. I can't see why the division one clubs, most of whom don't want Rangers at all, are desperate to join a league where the main attractions are that they get a season of playing with Rangers, and the added bonus of Neil Doncaster as their Chief Exec - why are they signing up for this? As well, why are the other ten SPL clubs, who are all trying to get the voting system reformed, all going to vote for this pile of shite.

Francis Albert

The Record is just building the base for its "the Great Rangers Fightback" story which will, along of course with the "Celtic too good for this league" story dominate tha back pages of the rag next season.

Harry Palmer

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

East Fife say Newco must Follow Normal application route into third tier of SFL

Indeed they must. :)

Edited by Arnold

Also for what its worth, I would be ?10 that the 3 chairmen are Green, Lawwell and MJ. Desperados trying to keep the status quo, they can GTF

What makes you think there are three chairmen in the first place?

livingstonjambo

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence

Senior SPL source says Newco "Absolutely will be voted against" says Charles Green spoke to him also, but vote will still be no.

Stick that up your jacksey Jabba you useless Sevco loving cant

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Daily Record in full-on propaganda mode. There's no going back for them - either Rangers survive as a big club and their fans continue to buy the paper or Rangers go under and The Record's finished. Geronimo's last stand stuff now.

If Rangers get back into the SPL (I still maintain it's not gonna happen) then Scotland will be a nice wee test case for countries with huge TV deals - what would a league look like that had commercial partners but no fans? Because if it does go ahead expect to see some SPL crowds in three figures, and clubs like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will hit the 3000s, their lowest crowds for decades.

Also - drama queen alert but it's a little something I can do :lol: - I'm tweeting BBC Sportsound to say I won't be listening again until Traynor is gone. Given the blatantly biased, dishonest stance from The Daily Record, his continued employment by our public broadcaster is outrageous.

What the absolute feck?

Custer. I meant Custer. Heid's puggled. :lol::unsure::down:

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Rick Grimes

I've been making a point during this whole sorry saga to give credit where its due, especially when its from an unlikely source. I know this has been linked on here already today, but well done to Stuart Bathgate who said exactly what would happen in the latter stages....

http://m.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/stuart-bathgate-shoehorn-rangers-in-and-all-credibility-is-lost-1-2387311

Time to hold firm, SPL chairmen. Don't let yourselves be whipped into submission again. By doing so at the last minute you'll do more damage than if you'd just given up straight away. Immeasurably more damage.

Edited by Rick Grimes

Denny Crane

What the absolute feck?

Custer. I meant Custer. Heid's puggled. :lol::unsure::down:

Not necessarily. Geronimo lost his final battle and was exiled from his native land. Exile could still be a fate for Rangers (ie. applying for Div 3 spot only for Spartans or Cove to win the vote).

When I was younger I wanted to be a journalist more than anything else, well apart from playing for Hearts, but I failed Higher English, decided against doing it again and many moons later, I am now working in HR and studying for my masters in HR Management.

It seems that I could have been a journalist after all, as the main criteria seems to be to just write any old shite That suits the agenda of your paymasters or your readership.

No need to spend time researching, sourcing or even getting credible information to back up your claims like everyone else in all other professions has to do, just write any unsubstantiated pish that you like and the masses will lap it up like a tramp eating chips!!!

And people wonder why this whole country is going to the dogs??

Fozzyonthefence

The Rangers appear to be getting pretty desperate. I'm assuming the Daily Record won't actually tell us which clubs are allegedly plotting to allow Rangers back in, given that Traynor or one of his lackeys made up the story this afternoon. Similarly, no named companies saying they'll withdraw, again, because it's made up.

I'm also unconvinced by the SPL2 stuuf. I can't see why the division one clubs, most of whom don't want Rangers at all, are desperate to join a league where the main attractions are that they get a season of playing with Rangers, and the added bonus of Neil Doncaster as their Chief Exec - why are they signing up for this? As well, why are the other ten SPL clubs, who are all trying to get the voting system reformed, all going to vote for this pile of shite.

Indeed, and I'm struggling to understand (assuming the SPL says no to Sevco and the SFL says no to Sevco joining Division One) what possible mandate would there be for Sevco to join SPL2 when, presumably, the very clubs that would be in it would have voted against them joining the top tier of the SFL, i.e. the same 2nd tier of the Scottish league that SPL2 would be? How could the SPL possibly push that through whith no mandate to do so? Would there have to be another vote on whether to have a SPL2 (with the SFA agreeing to this) and yet another seperate vote on Sevco joining SPL2?

The whole thing is getting ridiculous and tedious with the desperation to bend / break the rules for Sevco. I fear Scottish football is no longer on its death bed - it's gone passed that.

SunSport can reveal Gers chief Green has held emergency talks with other top-flight chairmen. He wants them to change their minds in tomorrow?s Hampden vote and allow Rangers? newco to stay in the SPL and it?s believed he has offered a six-point plan of punishments in a bid to win their approval.

Green?s sensational scheme would:

Back SPL voting reform and slash the Old Firm?s influence;

<li>

Agree a fairer split of revenue and cut payments to the Old Firm;

<li>

Accept the transfer embargo given by the SFA appeals body;

<li>

Pay all Gers? football debts at home and abroad;

<li>

Take a points deduction for at least one, possibly more seasons;

<li>

Issue a public apologise for Gers? past wrongdoing.

Gers had looked certain to lose the vote tomorrow after SEVEN clubs said they would not back them.

They seemed destined for Division One until a backlash from angry SFL clubs who want them in Division Three.

But such a scenario would suck ?16million out of the game, wreck key broadcast and commercial deals and put even more clubs in financial peril.

Now Green has launched a dramatic final bid to convince rival clubs NOT to block the newco playing in the SPL.

The Gers chief last night insisted a No vote would damage the whole of Scottish football.

He said: ?What league will we be in? I couldn?t tell you.

?There are lots of meetings to be had. My team and my board will meet the SPL chairmen on Wednesday.

?The financial positions are very clear and without Rangers playing somewhere, it will affect Scottish football as a whole.?

In a jibe at Norwich-bound Steven Whittaker, above, Green claimed departing Gers stars were motivated only by cash.

He said: ?The reality is that before Norwich play in Europe, Rangers will be back in Europe.

?I don?t accept that this is a career move ? it?s for financial gain, no other reason.?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html#ixzz1zVnGRwnQ

that explains the secret meetings then,its all rangers begging for help

So Greens 6 point punishment scheme contains 2 things that would happen without them anyway (why risk them turning the tables when back in) and 4 things they should have done anyway?

FOAD Rangers.

livingstonjambo

So Greens 6 point punishment scheme contains 2 things that would happen without them anyway (why risk them turning the tables when back in) and 4 things they should have done anyway?

FOAD Rangers.

To be honest I think 4 of them are inevitable. Without Sevco in the SPL the voting rights and money distibution will get voted through anyway. I also thought that part of the SFA acceptance of ther application for licence was also to pay back footballing debts and to accept any outstanding punishment.

As for the last two it looks like they will still be in Admin by the start of the season so another points deduction would be applicable. So all in all, we are getting Green on his knees with a begging bowl asking for accepance in exchange for an apology, GTF

Edited by livingstonjambo

peter_hmfc

FOAD Rangers.

This.

FFS what a turd. :vrface:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic