The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jamboinglasgow

I know what you are saying, and I used to believe it. Listen to all the noises coming out of the other clubs and the media right now though, Rangers WILL come out of his smelling of roses. Even if the newco gets some kind of points deduction for a while, give it ten years and we'll be back where we started.

More and more I am begining to believe that football, certainly Scottish football needs to go bust. It's the only way you will get rid of the "money men". Only when they are gone will you see any kind of progressive thinking in the game. I am not sying this will be painless, and it's likely (inevitable) that we will lose clubs along the way, but I honestly believe it has to happen. The "product" (I hate that ponsey term) will be awful, but the game could become much more fan focussed, teams would rely on bringing young players through the ranks or knackered old pros trying to scratch the last days out their careers. There would be no superstars, but at the same time, who really cares? Scottish fitba is just about going to get bevvied with your mates, and hoping that our diddies beat their diddies. You don't need to pay somebody 10k a week to be one of your diddies do you? Seriously, the game needs financial meltdown. Hopefully what's left afterwards will make more sense than the farce that we pay to witness now.

Rangers will only come out smelling of roses if they win the tax case, and are cleared by both the SPL and SFA. Lose the tax case and they will find it hard having a newco who can escape being chased by HMRC. Lose the SPL investigation and they could lose titles and even at the worst I would guess being banned from the league. Lose the investigation by the SFA into "2 contract players" and Regan said today they will be chucked out of the SFA, which means no chance to even get into the third division. A NewCo would have to show it is far enough from the old Rangers and old regime (which would mean any bid by Paul Murray and Dave King would fail.)

Today was the day when it become clear that Rangers are in danger from two directions (though all linked by the contracts.)

Rangers will only come out smelling of roses if they win the tax case, and are cleared by both the SPL and SFA. Lose the tax case and they will find it hard having a newco who can escape being chased by HMRC. Lose the SPL investigation and they could lose titles and even at the worst I would guess being banned from the league. Lose the investigation by the SFA into "2 contract players" and Regan said today they will be chucked out of the SFA, which means no chance to even get into the third division. A NewCo would have to show it is far enough from the old Rangers and old regime (which would mean any bid by Paul Murray and Dave King would fail.)

Today was the day when it become clear that Rangers are in danger from two directions (though all linked by the contracts.)

Regan said they could be chucked out, not that they will be chucked out.

...a bit disco

Regan said they could be chucked out, not that they will be chucked out.

At least he's making the right noises Gasman.

Doncaster on the other hand...:down:

Hagar the Horrible

For those who say that the gates they will lose out with Rangers not coming twice a year need to re-address the mathematics.

For some clubs who are consitant in the bottom six, Rangers only visit 3 times every 2 years. 1.5 times per season.

The bizaar thing is without them I believe gates will go up by a minimum of 300 every home game as there will be more to play for, and extra spot in europe for one as THat place taken up by rangers will be won by various clubs over the next few years unless one club dominates in their place, unlikely.

With an extra 300 on every gate thats an extra 5300 which is more than the orcs bring in in any case and without the extra policing costs.

Perhaps more will go as the game will be more for familiesa and some clubs might add a couple of thousand to their gates.

we only need to sell an 450 season tickets just to break even.

With an increased chance of cup finals to look forward to and possible Europe every year, I think we might get 2000 extra briefs sold

Edited by Hagar the Horrible

Rudolf's Mate

To think we've moaned about the Italians and the dodgy dealings over there!

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

The word is from the people in the know that they will lose the big tax case and they already know that. :whistling:

colinmaroon

It is superb isn't it.

Getting beyond points where reporters and club owners can justify ignoring it.

Even thick as sheit pundits will have to come round, if they can be battered into submission.

Going by the bunch of losers on ESPN tonight, there's a long way to go for that to happen!

The "We need a strong Rangers" is becoming more like a mantra than a statement of fact!

You know the kind of thing, say it often enough and everything will be alright!

Going by the bunch of losers on ESPN tonight, there's a long way to go for that to happen!

The "We need a strong Rangers" is becoming more like a mantra than a statement of fact!

You know the kind of thing, say it often enough and everything will be alright!

They are now saying that The Big House must stay open

its time to close the s--t hole down once and for all :lol::lol:

Just like his team he needs to shed loads of pounds or he'll die ...

Pathetically amateurish and childish - but hilarious.

The guy in the bunnet behind Fatso"'whora****s 'at" :lol::lol::lol:

Pathetically amateurish and childish - but hilarious.

The guy in the bunnet behind Fatso"'whora****s 'at" :lol::lol::lol:

it is pathetic but so funny all the same agreed :lol::lol: THE BIG HOUSE MUST STAY OPEN :down:

Sorry if posted already but mate at work was golfing yesterday with the father of one of the Rangers u19's and the laddie has been told that he will be getting his wages cut (if agreement goes ahead) from ?600 p/w to ?150 p/w so looks like the mail article of 75% reductionshas some truth in it but only provided all players agree to deal.

35 u19 players on their books that's ?21,000 a week, ?84,000 a month. plus 7 coaches at that level, poss 1k a week?

That's quite a wage bill for no return, hope the ni etc is up to date.

jamboinglasgow

35 u19 players on their books that's ?21,000 a week, ?84,000 a month. plus 7 coaches at that level, poss 1k a week?

That's quite a wage bill for no return, hope the ni etc is up to date.

One of the things I find interesting is if I was a youngster at Rangers in the under 19s and felt I could play in the first team, would I be happy with cutting my salary by a quarter to keep players above me who will stop me from getting a game, with the alternative being I keep my full wage and get a shot at the first team I know which option I would rather take.

Sorry guys, the idea that the SFA will publish any report which would disgrace the sfa as well as rangers will never happen! The board members of the sfa were also in charge of rangers, are they going to come out and raise thier hands up and admit what went on? Don't be silly lads, never going to happen

Sorry guys, the idea that the SFA will publish any report which would disgrace the sfa as well as rangers will never happen! The board members of the sfa were also in charge of rangers, are they going to come out and raise thier hands up and admit what went on? Don't be silly lads, never going to happen

Those members will have no part in the investigation according to the SFA/SPL.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The cat is out of the bag now and any form of whitewash won't be credible.

If the SFA have to point fingers at their own, they will. They have no option.

Footballfirst

It now seems as if the 4 x OF tv games isn't guaranteed in the new contract.

http://www.telegraph...r-payments.html

Doncaster, though, believes that the extended contract with their broadcast partners (which is due to last until 2017) will not be affected if Rangers are not in the top flight.

?The current contract, which comes to an end this season, says Rangers and Celtic must play each other four times a season,? he said. ?That?s in line with most of our large contracts ? our title sponsors are the same. That?s no different from any other league with its biggest clubs.

?What will be in the next contract from the summer to be seen. You do a deal originally in a short-form agreement and then the long-form agreement follows that later on.

?That?s in process at the moment. What will happen in the future? I never predict anything in football.?

Edited by Footballfirst

ToadKiller Dog

Funny enough I never was convinced that the telly deal was reliant on 4 ugly games .

Doncaster really has compromised his own position .

Geoff Kilpatrick

Funny enough I never was convinced that the telly deal was reliant on 4 ugly games .

Doncaster really has compromised his own position .

Correct, the mutant has lied when talking about the 16 team league.

ToadKiller Dog

Correct, the mutant has lied when talking about the 16 team league.

With more and more coming out about rangers goings on and possible cover up amid the SPL /SFA I expect a lot of back stabbing and panic over the next few weeks . As yet I don't expect us to come out the end with a better product .

Now Mr Doncaster seems to have tainted himself too if only he had rushed an emergency meeting 3 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Newcastle being chased by HMRC is a front page headline this morning in a broadsheet. sorry not alert enough to say which one, only that it relates to "image rights" payments to players for which they did not pay tax.

Newcastle being chased by HMRC is a front page headline this morning in a broadsheet. sorry not alert enough to say which one, only that it relates to "image rights" payments to players for which they did not pay tax.

Seems they have settled in full.

Victor Meldrew

It now seems as if the 4 x OF tv games isn't guaranteed in the new contract.

http://www.telegraph...r-payments.html

Doncaster, though, believes that the extended contract with their broadcast partners (which is due to last until 2017) will not be affected if Rangers are not in the top flight.

?The current contract, which comes to an end this season, says Rangers and Celtic must play each other four times a season,? he said. ?That?s in line with most of our large contracts ? our title sponsors are the same. That?s no different from any other league with its biggest clubs.

?What will be in the next contract from the summer to be seen. You do a deal originally in a short-form agreement and then the long-form agreement follows that later on.

?That?s in process at the moment. What will happen in the future? I never predict anything in football.?

What would happen if one of the Old Firm were to finish in the bottom 6? Would the SPL try to change the rules? WOuld SKY withhold money?

It's a bizarre requirement.

What would happen if one of the Old Firm were to finish in the bottom 6? Would the SPL try to change the rules? WOuld SKY withhold money?

:spoton:

SPL has been putting their eggs in 2 baskets for too long!

The deal with Sky guaranteeing 4 OF games a season shows How corrupt this country is, I don't know of any other sport where games can be guaranteed to happen. I know the OF will 9.9 times out 10 always play 4 games a season in the league BUT there will always be the chance of something happening eg. Rangers going out of business. As pointed out what happens IF 4 OF games couldn't be played? Do the SPL break rules to the detriment of the league and clubs and sport itself in order to fulfil a contract? Do association rules have to be broken to fulfil deals? It's crazy

Edited by JJ's Barmy Army

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Reads to me like Rangers are ducked and Doncaster is finally coming out and admitting that the excuse he used for pushing the ten team SPL was not the black and white proviso he pretended it was.

See if the Huns drop out the top flight, their toadies will realise it is easier for them to get back in the top flight with less leagues with more teams in them. I would not be surprised to see an extended SPL being accepted now...

Edited by Robert Finlayson Cook

Independence

The deal with Sky guaranteeing 4 OF games a season shows How corrupt this country is, I don't know of any other sport where games can be guaranteed to happen. I know the OF will 9.9 times out 10 always play 4 games a season in the league BUT there will always be the chance of something happening eg. Rangers going out of business. As pointed out what happens IF 4 OF games couldn't be played? Do the SPL break rules to the detriment of the league and clubs and sport itself in order to fulfil a contract? Do association rules have to be broken to fulfil deals? It's crazy

As Mr Romanov has been saying since he arrived 'Scottish Football is corrupt'. He has made mistakes but he has been 'spot on' regarding this. Its like boxing with one arm tied behind your back! But don't shout to loud the Scottish media will not like it!

As Mr Romanov has been saying since he arrived 'Scottish Football is corrupt'. He has made mistakes but he has been 'spot on' regarding this. Its like boxing with one arm tied behind your back! But don't shout to loud the Scottish media will not like it!

Yes, and the media monkeys are not going to go down without a fight, their defence so far of Rangers is shameful, another Romanov statement needed methinks.

Horatio Caine

I wonder if we'll get any decisions today or if we'll see another delay as the players move the goalposts again.

Radio Ga Ga

Do what they have done for decades, call the referees in for coffee and cakes and tell them that Rangers must not loose certain games to ensure there is no chance of being bottom six.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Have I read the statements wrong today? I read it as the TV deal is NOT dependent on x4 OF matches like we were all told it was. I am reading it as if this was said to try and edge us all towards the ten team SPL but now that Rangers might actually be goosed and not be in any top half of a top league next season, there is a certain amount of revisionism and finer detail coming out which was not offered to the 90% of fans who were against this idea first time round.

I might have missed some details or another report on this at some point but from the above statement and what I read in the Metro this morning it seems as though their bluff was called on the 4OFGs thanks to the Hun-plight and now Doncaster is having to re-package his opinion somewhat by admitting that we probably will get a TV deal afterall.

Edited by Robert Finlayson Cook

Guest GhostHunter

OMG

no-user-image.gif talktothehand wrote: If we start looking at illegal payments to players,I think we will be opening up a big can of worms, illegal payments are a norm in football.

:lol:

Footballfirst

In another twist to the payment to Dunfermline, it appears that sanctions were about to be taken against RFC if they din't pay the Pars yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9123816/Rangers-face-being-stripped-of-honours-as-SPL-investigates-player-payments.html

This comment is buried in the above article.

Rangers were minutes away from being penalised by the SPL yesterday, administrators Duff and Phelps agreeing to pay Dunfermline part of the ?84,000 owed to them for tickets for last month?s match at East End Park just before the meeting which would have decided on the appropriate punishment for welshing on that debt. The remainder of the money must be paid by April 13. ?We learned, just prior to the meeting starting, that the administrators had agreed with Dunfermline payment for the outstanding money so our action, relating to Rangers, went away,? said Doncaster

I wonder if the SFA will impose a similar deadline on RFC to pay Dundee Utd for the share of the gate from the Scottish Cup tie.

John Yorkston also seems to be backtracking on what he said about a newco RFC having to start in Division 3. (He said it before news of the settlement came out)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/06/dunfermline-chairman-john-yorkston-denies-he-called-for-rangers-to-be-demoted-86908-23776757/

jamboinglasgow

Chris McLaughlin ? @BBCchrismclaug

Talks continue at Murray Park today. Looking at viability of players proposal including legalities. #Rangers

If no agreement, administrators will move in with a redundancy list early afternoon. The list will focus on high earners. #Rangers

Sorry......

I must have missed the bit where VR said that Rangers were making illegal payments to players.

Haha delibirately obtuse as ever. you're one that ridiculed vlads mafia chat, care to apologise to our glorious leader that you got it wrong?

Edited by Feeno

winningways

Pretty accurate statement :thumbsup:

Have I read the statements wrong today? I read it as the TV deal is NOT dependent on x4 OF matches like we were all told it was. I am reading it as if this was said to try and edge us all towards the ten team SPL but now that Rangers might actually be goosed and not be in any top half of a top league next season, there is a certain amount of revisionism and finer detail coming out which was not offered to the 90% of fans who were against this idea first time round.

I might have missed some details or another report on this at some point but from the above statement and what I read in the Metro this morning it seems as though their bluff was called on the 4OFGs thanks to the Hun-plight and now Doncaster is having to re-package his opinion somewhat by admitting that we probably will get a TV deal afterall.

Looks like Doncaster has not been acting with the "Utmost Good Faith". Those in charge of Scottish Football these days are nothing but a parcel of rogues.

In another twist to the payment to Dunfermline, it appears that sanctions were about to be taken against RFC if they din't pay the Pars yesterday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9123816/Rangers-face-being-stripped-of-honours-as-SPL-investigates-player-payments.html

This comment is buried in the above article.

Rangers were minutes away from being penalised by the SPL yesterday, administrators Duff and Phelps agreeing to pay Dunfermline part of the ?84,000 owed to them for tickets for last month?s match at East End Park just before the meeting which would have decided on the appropriate punishment for welshing on that debt. The remainder of the money must be paid by April 13. ?We learned, just prior to the meeting starting, that the administrators had agreed with Dunfermline payment for the outstanding money so our action, relating to Rangers, went away,? said Doncaster

I wonder if the SFA will impose a similar deadline on RFC to pay Dundee Utd for the share of the gate from the Scottish Cup tie.

John Yorkston also seems to be backtracking on what he said about a newco RFC having to start in Division 3. (He said it before news of the settlement came out)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/06/dunfermline-chairman-john-yorkston-denies-he-called-for-rangers-to-be-demoted-86908-23776757/

Not a surprise on Yorkston, talking tough to get his money then suitably bought by it.

Ecce Romanov

Honestly, you couldn't write this carry on.

The next thing will be that Rangers are implicated with Phone hacking, JFKs assasination, Lord Lucan's disappearance and Watergate! :rolleyes:

Vlad-Stupid

Haha delibirately obtuse as ever. you're one that ridiculed vlads mafia chat, care to apologise to our glorious leader that you got it wrong?

I for one am shocked that Mr Romanov was bang on the money with his corruption and Mafia ramblings*

*I'm not really shocked

Hagar the Horrible

The next thing will be that Rangers are implicated with Phone hacking, JFKs assasination, Lord Lucan's disappearance and Watergate! :rolleyes:

And Lockerbie, was it not done my some Ally McGrachie :huh:

Imeantasong

It really wouldn't surprise me if that particular method was used by either of the currently investigated parties.

This.

Vlad speaks out and says how bad it is.

The media dont like it, and the GFA hate the truth.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic