The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

This season's highlights:

1. Hearts win the Cup.

2. The shite get relegated.

3. Der hun go out of der business.

I'm welling up.

I notice a distinct lack of a certain radio presenter on this thread...

:greggy:

he is probably crying into alan roughs chebs

For the first time in my life im dying to tune into chick yhung tonight .

Where, what channel and is there an online link?

The thing that irks me about all of this is that for the last few years we have come under the media spotlight and treated with contempt, pretty much, and very little sympathy.

Looks like the weegia took their eye off the ball or perhaps were tilting at the Tynecastle Windmill instead?

**** them.

Edited by Boris

This season's highlights:

1. Hearts win the Cup.

2. The shite get relegated.

3. Der hun go out of der business.

I'm welling up.

well I.J. they do say good things come in 3s

Now is not the time to gloat. It's time to do everything possible to make sure the cancerous scum (and, if possible, their green and white mates) never have the ability to dominate Scottish football again.

Then it's time to gloat.

Peter Lawell has said the Celtic and the rest of Scottish football don't need rangers!

Huns directors will be happy! Ha ha

Craig Whyte: " This is the first step towards ending the uncertainty that has surrounded Rangers for the last two or three years."

Guest GhostHunter

Is that a serious quote? Fcuk sake!!

Yes - from someone from Ernst & Young, basically saying it could go either way,.

It was on SSN

I'm just amazed that I didn't read about this on Hibs.net weeks ago, they are usually right on the ball with all this balance sheet stuff.

I think Whyte is trying to get an offer from the taxman, I wonder what they will do?

Hopefully it's non-league football for the "new" Rangers that he'll transfer as much of the assets as he can into.

Are the guys who paid up 4 years of season ticket money out the box?

Anybody with a suggestion for a new team name, given Rangers may be wound up?

The Old Tolbooth

All this is just a major step towards the death of scottish football.

Good, then we can start again on a level playing field where everyone gets a fair crack of the whip. :thumbsup:

THE LAYMAN DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS

THE MAN IN THE STREET DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS

:rofl:

In bigger news though, when did Kirsty Gallacher pitch back up to SSN? :interesting:

I nearly wet myself at that, I honestly thought I could see tears welling up in his eyes :rofl:

Hello shit.

Meet fan.

How can Rangers be so close to extinction when we've barely heard a peep about it? It doesn't make sense god dammit.

:)

Walter Bishop

Craig Whyte: " This is the first step towards ending the uncertainty that has surrounded Rangers for the last two or three years."

:Vlad-Stupid:

Guest GhostHunter

Some context for those of us chained to a desk, s'il vous plais?

Sorry - guy from E&Y saying that going into Administration could be the first step towards recovery, or, ultimately, liquidation totally.

I get the feeling he said it, then immediately regretted it.

I might be wrong here, but if they clear their football debts then are they not allowed to play in Europe?

Can UEFA do anything to Scottish clubs in administration?If a club is playing in Europe, it needs a UEFA club licence. If a club goes into administration but has already been given permission to play, it will not lose its licence for the season.

Some context for those of us chained to a desk, s'il vous plais?

Just Jim Whyte asking the dude from E&Y. He said it could actually go either way and they need more information before commenting further. He did say that this was probably nothing to do with the tax case, and more to do with the day to day running and financing of the club.

Loving this news today..

BBC news are at Ibrox interviewing the locals.......

All im saying is none o these people will ever make Britains next top model..

:yucky:

Sorry - guy from E&Y saying that going into Administration could be the first step towards recovery, or, ultimately, liquidation totally.

I get the feeling he said it, then immediately regretted it.

I heard him as well and I agree. But I also had the feeling he felt that there is no need to sugarcoat the situation - it IS that serious.

HAHA HAHA You are the bigot boys

HAHA HAHA You can hear the taxmans noise

You're up to your knees in bankers fees

You're going to liquidize

For you are the Glesga bigot boys

shamlessly chored.

Rangers fan to Sky News reporter: "biggest fear is they'll padlock it. Rangers are 2nd biggest institution in country behind Church of Scotland" laugh.giflaugh.gif

Jambo, Goodbye

Rangers fan to Sky News reporter: "biggest fear is they'll padlock it. Rangers are 2nd biggest institution in country behind Church of Scotland" laugh.giflaugh.gif

No way did somebody say that!!!!!!!! blink.gif

Francis Albert

The media is looking stupid here. They are reactiing with shock and horror to something Craig Whyte said months ago he might well do. SSN presenters admitting the don't understand what this administration thing is all about - they've had months to find out. and prepare for today's news. But of course the unthinkable couldn't be thought about.

A couple of points occur to me.

1 I still think we are unlikely to go into administration while Romanov/UBIG own us. The purpose of administration is to reach an agreement with all of your creditors, so that the slate can be wiped clean. Typically, a company comes out of administration once all of the creditors agree to accept x pence in the pound for the money they are owed. While the vast majority of Hearts debt is owed to its owner, that sort of agreement could be reached without administration, so there is no point in going down that route.

2 For the one and only time in my life, I'm quite jealous of Kilmarnock fans who are going to have an absolute ball at Ibrox on Saturday afternoon (so long as Rangers are able to fulfil the fixture, of course). :whistling:

Italian Lambretta

Aren't they the same thing? :)

1 I still think we are unlikely to go into administration while Romanov/UBIG own us. The purpose of administration is to reach an agreement with all of your creditors, so that the slate can be wiped clean. Typically, a company comes out of administration once all of the creditors agree to accept x pence in the pound for the money they are owed. While the vast majority of Hearts debt is owed to its owner, that sort of agreement could be reached without administration, so there is no point in going down that route.

I was just having a think about this. Is the majority of Rangers current debt not owed to Whyte himself? This had made me wonder if he's been tipped off about the tax case and put the team in admin, which he said he would do, if Rangers were to lose the tax case.

john brownlee

I'm just amazed that I didn't read about this on Hibs.net weeks ago, they are usually right on the ball with all this balance sheet stuff.

I think Whyte is trying to get an offer from the taxman, I wonder what they will do?

Hopefully it's non-league football for the "new" Rangers that he'll transfer as much of the assets as he can into.

Are the guys who paid up 4 years of season ticket money out the box?

Anybody with a suggestion for a new team name, given Rangers may be wound up?

Rantic thistle glasgow united

Chaka Demus & pliers

Ssn saying whyte has done this now to preserve his preferred creditor status.

So its best for him but is it best for rangers?

Let's hope not!

SSN saying that they (CW) have chosen to do it today, as CW would lose his position of secured creditor due to other financial matter he has if he did not act soon.

Other people chasing him for cash making him bankrupt perhaps?

This is magnificent news. Although I'll bet that SDM will still be given an easy time of it by the snout in the trough weedgia.

It really does bring home how badly he ran Rangers. Year after year of overspending on players.

I wonder how much of his 'business empire' he actually still has. Are all his businesses run by Lloyds these days?

havent read eh whole thread

im for one am delighted that this is happening

a brave new dawn for scottish football beckons

oh and it was class sticking it to the huns at my work this afternoon

:verysmug:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic