The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Nelly Terraces

Has anyone got any idea what the situ is with the Lee Wallace cash they're due us?

I want to have a nice 'don't worry, we'll get our loot' confirmation post before I can properly go into GUFFAW* mode*!:D

*I am merely at 'Chortle' status at the moment.

BBC: Dundee United say they are due almost one hundred thousand pounds from Rangers for recent Scottish Cup tie. Money due this Wednesday.

They are out both cups so all they had left to play for was the league a 10 point deduction finishes that one i wonder what there crowds will be after the points deduction.

Also not allowed to sign any new players and a 3 year Europe ban :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Smith was well aware the **** was about to hit the fan.

I am sure of that, hence why he turned down the chance to be a "director of football." He wanted to get clear of the club,.

Sergio Garcia

I look forward to seeing my mum,her partner and my wee bro this evening to see them spin this.

I assume itll be a case of my mother saying no football chat at the dinner table

could this "failing to act in good faith" charge brought about by the SPL come back and bite them on the erse?

We agreed contracts and didnt pay on time so got brought up to face the beaks and sanctions implemented then brought up on that stupid charge even though we had paid by then.

How on earth can they view gers signing Wallace and then not honouring the payments? same thing surely and has been stated will they have the powers to withhold monies due and divert to us, pipe dream surely but cant help but think that everytime some club is not 100% complient they can be open to the same charge

I look forward to seeing my mum,her partner and my wee bro this evening to see them spin this.

I assume itll be a case of my mother saying no football chat at the dinner table

Tell Mark i said HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cheers :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Jim White is gutteeeedddd..

Tear of a clown. haha

Mind you if they do go bust ill be sad to see them go only for the fact that its a good day out at Tynie when they come over and we pump them.

Ach Well

:byebye:

"MASSIVE RAMIFICATIONS"

Francis Albert

I cant stand Rangers and this hasnt exactly caught anyone by surprise. I can certainly forsee them ceasing to exist in their present form and reapplying for the league with some new name.

If this was to happen I wonder if there may be an attempt from them to join the leagues down South instead of the foot of Scottish football (maybe being a little hopeful here). Not sure if this would be allowed to happen but maybe in light of the situation they would make an attempt (prospect of long term growth would be seen as greater). If that happened I could definitely see Celtic trying for a way out also. With no other club with a large following (on a similar scale) I think any chance they would have to attract better players would be stifled. This may open the door for other teams in the league to compete more than in the past. I know our situation isn't great but agree with the argument that if you actually have a chance to compete for trophies, crowds will improve in the league as a whole. Perhaps TV money would diminish but hopefully this could be counter balanced by increased attendance for other clubs.

Maybe this is a more idealist viewpoint from myself (would love to get rid of the OF in Scotland) but would be nice to compete in a league where we actually had a chance to genuinely sustain a challenge on a consistent basis.

Unfortunately the English don't need them or want them. Coverage today of the ill-feeling beween Liverpool and Manchester United has referred to the risk of that rivalry developing into "something approaching the lethal toxicity of Scotland's Old Firm". The football authorities in England want to stop that happening, not welcome the OF to introduce it to the English league.

reading a bit more into this...

it seems Ibrox cannot be demolished (main stand is listed building therefore protected) and Murray Park has a local by-law in place which means it cannot be sold for residential development. It seems therefore that very little fixed assets can be sold.

Just got a text from a mate who works at the High Court in Glasgow that Rangers directors have lodged a petition at the Court of Session for an Administrator. My mate is a Well fan who is not really into mischief making so thought I would pass on the info.

I shall try and get more info from him soon.

Still not being reported on Bahamas tv. Ah well off down the beach for a stroll and a cool Klicks beer

Sergio Garcia

Tell Mark i said HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cheers :thumbsup:

I shall, when I sent him Ruthvens text on he called me a liar.

I expect a full apology from him.

If Rangers go tits up does this mean they can apply to join the English league? Maybe this has always been Whytes plan.

Edited by McCrae

Just got home & turned on ssn & Mrs Leyland can't understand why I'm dancing round the front room

The more I watch I am convinced Jim White will be in tears by the end of his shift

I Smell a rat i suspect they were unable to peoduce proper legit Audited Accounts does Admin mean they no longer need to produce Accounts ? :verymad:

THEY DESERVE BETTER

:jjyay:

Jim White is struggling badly.

:greggy:

Edited by kirkwood69

If anyone is watching Sky news will notice the guy from the supporters club sounds suicidal..

Bahh!

Francis Albert

If Rangers go tits up does this mean they can apply to join the English league? Maybe this has always been Whytes plan.

You'll have to do better than that Chick.

it seems Ibrox cannot be demolished (main stand is listed building therefore protected) and Murray Park has a local by-law in place which means it cannot be sold for residential development. It seems therefore that very little fixed assets can be sold.

As Rangers don't actually own either, selling them isn't really an option! :P

I shall, when I sent him Ruthvens text on he called me a liar.

I expect a full apology from him.

If he wasnt such a sex pest id add him on FB and take the piss myself

I really hope Vlad takes is as an opportunity to get stuck in again, and we bid 10k for all their players and demand wallace back :whistling:

THE LAYMAN DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS

THE MAN IN THE STREET DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS

:rofl:

In bigger news though, when did Kirsty Gallacher pitch back up to SSN? :interesting:

I Smell a rat i suspect they were unable to peoduce proper legit Audited Accounts does Admin mean they no longer need to produce Accounts ? :verymad:

Nope they are skint

But they could turn it into... flats. Like Arsenal's main stand at their old Highbury ground.

The Old Tolbooth

They are out both cups so all they had left to play for was the league a 10 point deduction finishes that one i wonder what there crowds will be after the points deduction.

Also not allowed to sign any new players and a 3 year Europe ban :thumbsup:

I might be wrong here, but if they clear their football debts then are they not allowed to play in Europe?

Barney Rubble

So what is the best radio show to listen to tonight?

For the first time in my life im dying to tune into chick yhung tonight .

In all honesty, Wallace aside, how much will this impact other clubs? I know Celtic have already come out to say they don't need rangers .... But do the rest of the league?

Maybe if their 'fans' supported their local team, instead of glory hunting, we would all be more even?

I actually think this could cause problems.....

I'm still going to gloat though .... Mwahaha

Meanwhile - at a certain ex-members lavish Towers.....

Athlone_cooling_towers_demolition_2010-08-22.gif

:greggy:

I was thinking the same!:lol:

What date this month are the Dons meant to be getting kicked out of Todders again?

Jim White looks like he is doing well to hold back the tears on SSN here!:lol: :lol:

Edited by Chester?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic