Zaliukas

scott_jambo

Teuchterjambo

Just thinking to myself.

The goal we conceeded at Ibrox on the opening day; McGowan loses possesion on the wing and we lose a goal. Zals fault, apparently.

Identical situation tonight, only Zaliukas is the one who loses the ball. Zals fault again, apparently.

You think that Zal giving the ball away was not the main factor in the loss of the goal tonight ? Really do you think that ?

I sometimes think that Zal plays with blinkers on and passes them on to you after the game so you can blot out his shortcomings.

:interesting:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always baffles me that folk seem so surprised.

Really ? Nothing more certain after another Zal mistake someone rush's home to start a Zal deflector thread.

Never mind we will lose him to the EPL soon as he is world class defender.

Really ? Nothing more certain after another Zal mistake someone rush's home to start a Zal deflector thread.

:laugh:

Thunderstruck

I disagree with the "rushes home" bit as I seriously doubt if some of them could point to Tynecastle from McLeod Street.

Drewjambobusby

Sad fact is. If we play Zaluikas ,then every other game we are starting -1. If we persist with one up front, with a striker who cannot play that role ,we will have a score which has Hearts 0 in it. We were missing Black and Templeton, although i thought Robinson had a slightly better game. At least he was livlier.

Players looked like they didn`t have a clue what was expected of them. The Midfield got murdered, and rolled over. Sergio is having to carry the can for some seriously bad player decisions, but he cannot seriously believe that we can continue to play 1 up at home !!!!

Wasn`t Zaluikas fault we lost. He didn`t help, but every player on that park, and the manager want to have a look at themselves.

Thunderstruck

Sad fact is. If we play Zaluikas ,then every other game we are starting -1. If we persist with one up front, with a striker who cannot play that role ,we will have a score which has Hearts 0 in it.

Oh really! Perhaps you would be kind enough to list the games when we were "-1" and Zal was to blame. If you are going to spout pseudo-statistics, at least make a small attempt to be accurate.

Drewjambobusby

Oh really! Perhaps you would be kind enough to list the games when we were "-1" and Zal was to blame. If you are going to spout pseudo-statistics, at least make a small attempt to be accurate.

Think you will find that the statistic was to highlight the point, he is shite. He is a bombscare. Cost us a win against Hibs etc etc etc and i sure if i wanted i could recite other games he has cost us points in. Of course he doesn`t lose us the first goal all the time. He is quite varied on that one. He loses us goals at various periods of the game. No point in defending him , he has had loads of chances and he is a bombscare.

So aye, Zal cost us a goal tonight, and he is prone to lacking in concentration at times. But, if it comes to having to choose between him or Darren Barr, then I'm afraid I'd take Zal everytime.

Same applies to Jamie Hammill tbh.

Charlie-Brown

Looked it up. We are going to have another season of him.

7 seasons at Hearts! When we have been spoiled with the likes of Levein, Jardine, McPherson, McLaren, Ritchie, Pressley, Weir, Berra and Webster it is quite a come down. Incredible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/9182373.stm

Even more incredible is that your hero that useless fud Robbie Neilson got 12 seasons and a testimonal. :down:

Zal doesn't have a clue, his awareness is shocking. He is a big guy with the lights switched on but nobody is home, get rid and put Webster and McGowan at CB.

Hamill can gtf as well.

Drewjambobusby

So aye, Zal cost us a goal tonight, and he is prone to lacking in concentration at times. But, if it comes to having to choose between him or Darren Barr, then I'm afraid I'd take Zal everytime.

Same applies to Jamie Hammill tbh.

Not sure about that. Hamill yes he is absolutely pish. It` the Barr question i am not sure about. If we take what he has done, with limited opportunities, then yes. But i am sure there is a better player in there, which is totally lacking in confidence. Not surprising really. He has been pissed about something awful. Trouble is, it takes balls to give him an extended run and i am not sure PS is that man. For sure, Zaluikas could do with a boot up the erse, by being dropped.

Thunderstruck

Think you will find that the statistic was to highlight the point, he is shite. He is a bombscare. Cost us a win against Hibs etc etc etc and i sure if i wanted i could recite other games he has cost us points in. Of course he doesn`t lose us the first goal all the time. He is quite varied on that one. He loses us goals at various periods of the game. No point in defending him , he has had loads of chances and he is a bombscare.

I think you will find that your use of a statistic- even to prove your point - was so wide of the mark that it invalidates what else you say.

Perhaps, to save straining your powers of recall, you could explain how Zal was to blame for:

The failure by Ref to award a clear goal to Hearts.

The ball bouncing off Samaras straight to Brown for their first.

The lucky deflection to scorer for the second.

The 20 or 30 seconds that elapsed after his slip prior to third when at least two tackles were missed.

The needless disturbance of a settled back 4.

The playing of a clearly unfit and low-in-confidence Driver

The packing of midfield with players who are, shall we say, on the short side.

No, last night was all Zal's fault so you carry on mate.

Drewjambobusby

I think you will find that your use of a statistic- even to prove your point - was so wide of the mark that it invalidates what else you say.

Perhaps, to save straining your powers of recall, you could explain how Zal was to blame for:

The failure by Ref to award a clear goal to Hearts.

The ball bouncing off Samaras straight to Brown for their first.

The lucky deflection to scorer for the second.

The 20 or 30 seconds that elapsed after his slip prior to third when at least two tackles were missed.

The needless disturbance of a settled back 4.

The playing of a clearly unfit and low-in-confidence Driver

The packing of midfield with players who are, shall we say, on the short side.

No, last night was all Zal's fault so you carry on mate.

I did not say at any time that last night was Zaluikas fault ???

I said he can be guaranteed to give a goal away on a fairly regular basis ????

The team and more importantly team selection, the ineptitude of ownership ,leading to leaving out or shipping out key players are all to blame.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Its quite pathetic the all out defence of Zali. I dont feel last night was all his fault, but it aagin highlights the fact he is complete tom kite. This guy is our captain, a very well paid player and one that always seems to make basic and costly errors. Zali will never play at a higher level IMO. I am sick to the back teeth of people who defend this idiot, yes there are others who have and will let the side down, but Zali just never seems to learn and its simply down to teh fact he isnt as good as he thinks he is. A very limited defender who is costing the club a small fortune.

funny you should say that, cause I am sick to the back teetgh of people who need a scapegoat every week. If you understand the game so little that you need to boil the entire problem down to one players performance feel free. Zaliukas is not even close to being the worst player in a Hearts top, the same applies for last night and in general.

Everyone can make the 'he always does this argument' all they like but then when asked to give examples it boils down to 'aye well he cost us a win against hibs and erm urr then that other one ken?' Now people will add the third goal last night to this argument, as if it was actually hsi fault we conceded that goal, or the first goal, or the second, or the fourth.

For me this thread is summed up by the boy that posted he 'nearly scored 2 own goals'

Thunderstruck

I did not say at any time that last night was Zaluikas fault ???

And yet you are all over the sadly all-to-frequent "Let's blame Zal" threads.

Francis Albert

Is this Zaliukas' final year of his contract?

Why hasn't he been frozen out? It's about time he was :lol:

Been there already. He was frozen out at the beginning of last season. We shipped goals alarmingly until he returned, whereupon we went on a ten game unbeaten run and rarely lost a goal. Overall, see the statistics (real not made up) in my signature.

I agree Zal, among others, had a poor game yesterday.

Drewjambobusby

And yet you are all over the sadly all-to-frequent "Let's blame Zal" threads.

The Thread is titled "Zaluikas". Not lets blame Zaluikas. We ahve offerred our opinion on him.

My opinion is , that he is a bombscare, not to be trusted, not dependable, not solid, unreliable etc etc

I have not said he was totally to blame for last night, merely a part in our downfall.

If we could find someone else, i would definitely put Zal on the "to be replaced" list.

lost in space

Zal was not the worst last night - Hamil\Robinson\Driver\Elliot were all far worse. He did give away a goal though - again.

What annoyed me tho was the way he totally tried to make Grainger a scapegoat (maybe Grainger could have shouted) -but Zal had time to get rid of the ball - Not the actions of a captain in my view.

Not helped by our manager wanting our players to play football - Zal does not have the awareness.

MARMITE that is Zaliukas. It's black or white, you either like him or hate him on JKB.

For the record, Zaliukas SOMETIMES makes a mistake. But on most occasions he doesn't. The problem is that if a forward, a midfielder or even a full-back makes a mistake it is not as noticeable, but CHs are under the microscope. For me it's 'Webster or Zaliukas' not 'Webster and Zaliukas'.

Yet, who am I to stop the post match witch hunt. Burn baby burn, I say.

Guest Dipped Flake

Even more incredible is that your hero that useless fud Robbie Neilson got 12 seasons and a testimonal. :down:

Robbie Neilson was a defender who defended well. He lacked skill but not heart and no way would celtic have had the freedom down our right flank if he had been playing.

back on subject, Zaliukas had one of his worst games ever for us. How anyone could blame Webster for the pass that he cocked up is beyond me; he had a bout 10 minutes to control it, or just boot it up the park.

For some reason a couple of posetrs on here have decided they are going to stick up for him no matter what and that's up to them. Most Hearts fans can decided for themselves on what they see and tonight he was rubbish. That's not to say I think he is a crap defender because at times this season he has been really solid, even MotM a couple of time IMO, but he is never going to lose his habit of having at least one brain storm in every game. I would rather now have Webster and McGowan in the centre of our defence

I bet there was a few choice words said at half time, Grainger was getting tore into him after the goal.

Zal just seemed to switch off not listening to Grainger as if to say im the captain im untouchable

Seems to be doing okay at Dundee United ...

Interesting thing I heard was that St J specifically practiced with Zaliukas targeted as the weak point in our defence. Their goal was essentially a set piece for them.

Charlie-Brown

Seems to be doing okay at Dundee United ...

Probably on a par with Zaliukas - reasonably consistent & solid displays occasionally spoiled by poor use of the ball or defensive slip ups. :thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

Interesting thing I heard was that St J specifically practiced with Zaliukas targeted as the weak point in our defence. Their goal was essentially a set piece for them.

Yeah, it worked a treat throughout the game didn't it? A tactic predicated on having the pace of Sheridan to exploit it and he only appeared at half time.

The fact of the matter is that Zal did what he should but Webster was inattentive and played Sheridan onside. Furthermore, it was hardly a planned move - they got a lucky bounce of Taouill.

Probably on a par with Zaliukas - reasonably consistent & solid displays occasionally spoiled by poor use of the ball or defensive slip ups. :thumbsup:

Then we should offload Zaliukas just as we did Neilson.

Charlie-Brown

Then we should offload Zaliukas just as we did Neilson.

Neilson's contract ended and he accepted better terms on offer elsewhere.

Neilson's contract ended and he accepted better terms on offer elsewhere.

Then let's hope that day comes soon for Zaliukas too.

Seeing as I can't quote Teuchterjambo, I'll say this.

Zal losing the ball was not the most important factor in the 3rd goal.

Even if it was, then the most important factor of the goal at Ibrox was McGowan losing the ball in the same sort of area. But people still attach the blame for that goal squarely at the door of our captain.

Zal doesn't have a clue, his awareness is shocking. He is a big guy with the lights switched on but nobody is home, get rid and put Webster and McGowan at CB.

Hamill can gtf as well.

So, in this imaginary team of yours.

We've punted Zal and Hamill, McGowan has now moved to centre half.

Who's our right back?

I said he can be guaranteed to give a goal away on a fairly regular basis ????

Yeah, that's not really true though.

If you watch Hearts every week and honestly walk away thinking Zali is a good player you need to find a new sport to watch. I said above, he isnt the only one, but he is the club captain and signed himself a very good deal, a deal that (if true) is well more than he should be on. Zali should be lucky to be on about ?2.5k a week and even then we would struggle to get any money back on him. We will see where he moves too when he leaves for nothing at the end of his deal.

Aye, I'll bet that he made up the terms of his contract and made Hearts agree to it. Clearly the people who have experience of managing a football club believe that Zaliukas is an important member of the side. How many managers now have seen fit to have him starting on a weekly basis?

For the record, Zaliukas SOMETIMES makes a mistake. But on most occasions he doesn't.

That's the crux of the matter.

But some utter rockets would have you believe that every goal we conceed is the fault of Zaliukas.

Hearts will be fine in the end though as zalis sale will pay of the debt.

Now you're just being silly.

We'd be lucky to get ?500k for him right now.

Its called sarcasm. I don't think he will go and will see out the remainder of his contract at Hearts. If we were to get this ?500k you speak of, who would he go to and what level do you think he could play at?

Was it sarcasm?

I should have responded with one in kind then :(

Now you're just being silly.

We'd be lucky to get ?500k for him right now.

I would think the reason he is captain is to boost his resale value, he certainly has limited leadership qualities.

"Hearts will be fine in the end though as zalis sale will pay of the debt"

Not being funny mate, but if you didnt detect sarcasm there.....words fail me.

Are you sure that was sarcasm? I honestly couldn't tell.

I am a Zal fan but the guy is a bombscare. I feel we should maybe put him in the midfield as we are a bit lightweight there and his lapses would not be as costly. He is a good tackler and header of the ball and likes a gallop with the ball and it was the position that we signed him in after all???

Said it for long enough , he`s our Amoruso. Does plenty good work but regularly undoes it with stupid errors normally down to lack of judgement and lapses in concentration....

So what do you do? You have a player who does defend well and over time is maybe worthy but now has a catalogue of mistakes building up? There may be a time he needs to be binned.

Charlie-Brown

Said it for long enough , he`s our Amoruso. Does plenty good work but regularly undoes it with stupid errors normally down to lack of judgement and lapses in concentration....

So what do you do? You have a player who does defend well and over time is maybe worthy but now has a catalogue of mistakes building up? There may be a time he needs to be binned.

We don't have anyone better to replace him with - certainly not the hapless Darren Barr anyway.

We don't have anyone better to replace him with - certainly not the hapless Darren Barr anyway.

yes, not immediately but maybe one of our moves in the summer should be for a centre half.

Charlie-Brown

When is this abortion of a football player heading for the EPL/sellic,or is it Russia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same week as your Hibs team win the SC :teehee::hobofish:

Yeah, it worked a treat throughout the game didn't it? A tactic predicated on having the pace of Sheridan to exploit it and he only appeared at half time.

The fact of the matter is that Zal did what he should but Webster was inattentive and played Sheridan onside. Furthermore, it was hardly a planned move - they got a lucky bounce of Taouill.

sheridan was on websters blind side,zal was looking right at him and chose to step up instead of tracking sheridans run. turned out to be the wrong decision again,one of a long line of faux pas by your man and no i wouldn't care to run through them. why? because your so blinkered about the bigman you'll never see reason..................

For me this thread is summed up by the boy that posted he 'nearly scored 2 own goals'

Usually I just read, but this is so daft a thing to say.

Two mad swipes at the ball, with no idea where he was standing in relation to the goal or the opposition, both times mis-kicked in spite of no pressure, both times could have ended up anywhere and both times very nearly ended up in the net. That seems close enough to 'nearly scored two own goals' for anybody who actually knows anything about the game of football.

But clearly some on here know as much about the game as Vald 'Zaliukas is our captain so must be worth ?1 million' Romanov. Seirously, the Zaliukas defenders only embarass themselves.

Teuchterjambo

Seeing as I can't quote Teuchterjambo, I'll say this.

Zal losing the ball was not the most important factor in the 3rd goal.

Even if it was, then the most important factor of the goal at Ibrox was McGowan losing the ball in the same sort of area. But people still attach the blame for that goal squarely at the door of our captain.

So, in this imaginary team of yours.

We've punted Zal and Hamill, McGowan has now moved to centre half.

Who's our right back?

Yeah, that's not really true though.

Aye, I'll bet that he made up the terms of his contract and made Hearts agree to it. Clearly the people who have experience of managing a football club believe that Zaliukas is an important member of the side. How many managers now have seen fit to have him starting on a weekly basis?

That's the crux of the matter.

But some utter rockets would have you believe that every goal we conceed is the fault of Zaliukas.

Actually Eck I think you have a point that people do look for opportunities to blame Zal for anything from a bad passback to mess of the Eurozone. You probably know from some of our previous "discussions" that shall we say, I am not a big fan of Zal but...... I often think that there is a lot of good there, you can watch him for say a good half hour where he hardly puts a foot wrong and it is easy to think that the guy is quality and for that half hour he is - he gives you a glimpse of what it could be. It is just that now over a long period of time the lapses negate the good bits as they are often costly and the frequency of the lapse is the problem and I doubt whether it will improve now.

You are also right when you imply in another post that the options available right now are no better - I have said before and still do think that if we did get another decent central defender to play alongside Webster that Zal would be worth another shot at defensive mid. He can play a bit, carries the ball well and won't get the time to ponder so much which is mainly when he lapses.

There you go - just pointing out that I am not one of the guys who slag him just for the sake of it - he's still a liability in his present role though !! :thumbsup:

Archived